Broadcasting with Chappy an'...

By dcostavidal

Campbell Bain begins his new job at BBC radio Scotland. But what happens when his closeness to his colleague... More

Chapter 1
Cast members
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 3

124 4 0
By dcostavidal

"Could you folks 'scuse me? Think I spot a whiff o' red hair! " she mumbles an excuse, before skipping out the door. "What'd she mean by that? " Pearl asks curiously, confused by Chappy's sudden departure. "Dunno." Campbell replies with a shrug, before turning his attention back towards the splendid vinyl collection. "She's a bit quirky, isn't she? " Pearl asks, watching as Chappy disappears outta the door. "I dunno. We all have our quirks! " Campbell mutters, without turning away from the shelf.
"Gotcha! So....whatcha doin?! " Chappy asks sweetly, surprising Andrew Hooper, the janitor. "Uh....just...Uh, janitorial stuff! " the young, lanky, red-haired boy replies, nervously. "I thought I caught you looking at me with lovey-dovey eyes from the doorway, you snoop! " she teases. "I swear I wasn't! I, uh...gotta go. See ya! " he lies, trying to hurry away. "Relax! I'm just joshin! " she laughs, pulling him back by his collar. "I just wanted to talk to you about somethin. The lightbulb in the recording studio keeps flickerin an' distractin me while I'm doin my show. Think you can change it? " she asks. "Sure. I'll, uh...drop by later,Chappy." he replies, with a smile. "Ok. Thanks, Andrew." she thanks him, as he hurries away. "Cheerio! " he yells, without giving it a second thought!
"Cheerio? What were you thinking? Who says Cheerio anymore?! " he mutters, blaming himself, as soon as he turns a corner & is outta her sight. "Probably sounded like a complete dork in front o' her! " he mutters to himself, before continuing to mop the hallway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
22.7M 796K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" โฆ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
250K 6.1K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...