Handcuffed to Zander

By Slave2gravity

I found myself staring at the plain white ceiling again. My thoughts overtaking me with worry, anger, and sad... More

Handcuffed to Zander

9.2K 312 30
By Slave2gravity

Chapter 15:  "Are you up for a little adventure with me?"

Song chapter: Wrong One by Jack and Jack

Aria Evans

"Get in the closet!"

My push was hard and fast as we collapsed in the closet, clamped together, breaths tangling.

"Didn't have to be so harsh."

I shushed Zander quickly when we heard footsteps. My heart pounding faster by the second.

Closing my eyes briefly, I did the only thing that I could of done at the moment, I prayed.

I prayed that we wouldn't get caught.

Few hours before

I typed a message to Dylan on the school's computer, this being the 20th message with no shame.

He was my bestfriend after all. I had the right to be worried.

The last class of the day was done a few minuets ago and I found myself at the schools library, waiting for a particular bad boy who still hadn't showed up.

I thought he was kidding when he said he had no idea where the library even was.

The poor thing was probably lost.

Just as I stood up to go look for him, the one and only Zander Bue entered, a pleasant smirk placed on his face.

My gazed dropped down to the plastic doll that was in his arms as he stood in front of me.

"Am I a bad mother if I say I totally forgot about the plastic baby doll?"

"It's just been a period, how can you forget about Zeke so quickly?"

"You named it Zeke?"

Zander grimaced, his frown prominent with disappointment.

"Yes, I named him Zeke, why?"

I stared in awe, my smile widening in adoration. He cared about the plastic doll, he named it into his family tradition.

And hearing me call the doll 'it' made him angry. I laughed louder than I should have, seeing as we were in a library. But I didn't care at the moment, this was funny.

"Why are you laughing?"

I waved him off, biting my lip to stop my smiling. Zander looked annoyed, his frown deep and his eyebrows furrowed.

"It's nothing! Just the fact that you actually named it."

"Coming from the girl who actually named a bag of marshmallows," he scoffed.

"Which you still owe me by the way, you boob!"

I haven't forgotten about my lost bag of marshmallows. It still tears my heart thinking that they're lost somewhere out there.

I wiped out a fake tear, hearing Zander scoff once more.

"Please don't start with your dumb nicknames, I don't want to fight in front of the baby."

I shrugged him off and sat back down, mumbling a 'fine'. He soon after joined me, taking a seat in front of me.

"So let's just say we are a happily divorced couple with a child, what's the schedule?"

This time it was I who scoffed, finding his made up story ridiculous.

"Oh please, like I would marry you! The baby was obviously created by a drunken midnight hook up, an obvious mistake."

"Mistake?"

I sat back, amused by his disturbance of having a baby with him being a 'mistake'. Well, in my opinion of course.

"I wouldn't have a baby with you."

He raised his eyebrows and sat back as well, crossing his arms slowly.

"Why the hell not?"

I opened my mouth to answer but was rudely interrupted.

"I mean if we did have a baby, they would be a good looking kid. Don't you think?"

He did have a point. Zander wasn't bad to look at and I was about average, I mean I wasn't hideous, hopefully.

I wasn't going to tell him that though. His ego was already big enough, I didn't need it to explode.

So I bit my tongue and smirked. Shrugging my shoulders lightly, I simply replied.

"I wouldn't have a baby with you."

He opened his mouth to retaliate but I quickly stopped him, blurting out one of the things that's been on my mind all day.

"Have you gotten that new For Honor game yet?"

"I wish."

I raised my eyebrow at his response. Zander was a video game freak, seeing as he did have quite a collection at his house, he was bound to have the new game every guy wanted.

"Why haven't you gotten it yet?"

"It's not even out yet! How do you expect me to have a game that's not even in stores for me to buy?"

My mind cut off Zander's talking and my thoughts went on over time.

Dylan lied to me.

Worst thing about it is that he lied to my face. Trust was sacred to me and he broke it.

For what?

I don't know.

"Aria!"

My thoughts cut off and I focused my attention on a confused Zander.

"You okay?"

I shook my head once I knew what I had to do and shrugged it off, facing Zander with a challenging look.

"Are you up for a little adventure with me?"

Few minutes before

"Are you fucken crazy?"

I found myself once again in front of the angry gaze of Zander, wonderful.

I ignored his protests and walked up the path towards the porch, finding the most predictable place to find a house key.

Under a plant pot.

They could of at least made it less easy to find it if they would have actually used the plant pot, this one was just empty and the only one there.

I gave out a low 'yes' when I found the key that I needed, placing the empty pot back in it's place.

"What are you going to do with that?"

I led Zander and I towards the back where the back door was located, shushing him as I waisted no time to put the key in the lock, unlocking the door with a quiet click.

"Who's house is this?"

I let out a loud groan not before I made sure no one was home.

"You make breaking in to houses no fun!"

Our footsteps were the only sounds heard in the empty, calm house. I turned towards the living room and flickered the lights on, filling the dark room with light.

Dylan's childhood memories were hung up on the walls in pictures, showing signs of a normal happy family. And once again I found myself craving for something like that.

"You mean breaking in to your bestfriend's house."

Zander's scoff broke me out of my thoughts and made me roll my eyes. I made an adult decision to not retaliate and made my way upstairs, towards the right and two doors down.

I opened the plain wooden door to reveal a dark gray room, still surprised to always find it spotless. I swear that kid is living with OCD.

"Would you hurry up, I left Zeke in the car!"

I stifled a laugh and made my way towards Dylan's cabinets. It took me a whole ten minutes to convince Zander to leave the baby in the car. I had to tell him that I would only be five minutes for him to leave it there.

I may had told a little white lie.

I opened drawer after drawer finding myself searching through boxers and pajamas, not really sure of what I was searching for.

I almost gave up until I came across a silver lunch box in the last drawer. My memory of the box was hazy but there, I remember it always being with Dylan. I just never really gave it much thought.

"Open it."

I jumped a little but recovered quickly, I almost forgot Zander was with me. He was oddly quiet, unfortunately he had to ruin that.

I nodded anyways as I held my breath, unclasping the lock to the box.

Click, creak

I squeaked so loud when we heard the door downstairs.

Oh cheese.

I placed the lunch box back, scrambling the shirts back in place to cover it. My hands were shaking as I tried so hard to not be loud.

I quietly closed the drawer shut and stood up, looking around the room in panic. You could clearly hear the person downstairs closing the door shut. It wouldn't be much long before they would come upstairs.

I raced my way towards the closet, opening it fast, taking a scared Zander with me.

"Get in the closet!"

My push was hard and fast as we collapsed in the closet, clamped together, breaths tangling.

"Didn't have to be so harsh."

I shushed Zander quickly when we heard footsteps. My heart pounding faster by the second.

Closing my eyes briefly, I did the only thing that I could of done at the moment, I prayed.

I prayed that we wouldn't get caught.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 1.1K 17
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 šŸ†
230K 6.2K 52
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
495K 1.9K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
1.7M 63.3K 59
As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonwealth are chosen to compete for his hear...