It's Not Hard to Pretend to L...

By PebblesandStones

This story is about a girl and a boy who despise each other at first. But then their girlfriend and boyfriend... More

It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 1
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 2
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 3
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 4
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 6
It's Not hard to Pretend to Love You: 7
It's Not Hard to Pretend to love You: 8
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 9
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 10
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 11
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 12
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 13
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 14
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 15
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 16
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 17
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 18
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 19
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 20
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 21
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 22
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 23
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 24
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 25
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 26
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 27
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 28
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 29
It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 30(THE FINALE)

It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 5

7.5K 95 6
By PebblesandStones

"Syd, what would you like to be the color of your dress?" Jean asked me while we're walking towards our lockers as the final bell for the day rang. We are going to have our dress shopping later for the winter dance tomorrow night. We became so busy with the past week so we didn't have the chance to find our dresses together.

"Hmm.. I don't know. Whatever caught my eye will do." I smiled.

"Will Justin go with us? Because I was hoping that we'll have this time with just the two of us..." she said.

"No, Justin's not going with us. He said he has soccer practice later." I replied.

"I thought they don't have a practice during Fridays?"

"Yeah, but he said they're next game will be against a great team, so they're coach was giving them extra practice." I shrugged.

"Woohoo! Shopping time!" she said as she dragged towards her car at the parking lot.

Blake's POV

Wow, I didn't realize I have fallen asleep under the tree. I must be really tired today, Oh well, might as well leave now, the sun already set.

As I walked towards my locker I heard 2 familiar voices.

"Hi babe! How's your soccer practice?" a girl said.

"Pretty good. Miss me?" a boy said.

"Why wouldn't I?" These voices are indeed from someone I know but I can't figure out whose, so I hid behind the lockers and peeked at them. They are now making out in front of my locker and when they pulled apart I was too shocked at what I saw.

"Not here baby, people might see us here." Justin said.

"Aww, don't be like that. I missed doing this to you. I really don't know what got into your mind that you replaced Sydney with me." Stacey said and pouted.

"I didn't replace Sydney for you. She's not as hot as you. I just asked her to be my girlfriend at the party last Sunday because my friends dared me to and if I did it right, they're going to pay me 30 bucks!" he said smugly.

"And now that you have your 30 bucks already, when are you planning on ditching her?" she asked.

"Tomorrow night at the dance. What about you, why did you replace me for that jerk Blake?"

"I just want to try a different kind of experience with a different kind of guy, but you know that I'm yours so no worries about that. Blake and I both know that our relationship's not serious. We're just playing along." Stacey answered.

"Then what kind of experience did you get from him?" Justin asked skeptically.

"None. He's not a good kisser like you." She said and started kissing Justin again.

"So when are you going to ditch him?" he asked as they pulled apart.

"Same as you. Tomorrow night at the dance. Oh, I still haven't found the perfect dress for me, will you mind if you go with me at the mall now?"

"No, not at all." Justin replied. I can't hold myself anymore so punched one of the lockers and walked away.

I can't believe what I heard! How could they do this to us!? I know that my relationship with Stacey was not serious and I don't really care about her that much. But how could they do this to Syd?! She's so innocent and she doesn't know anything about what's going on here. Justin's just playing with her in exchange for30 bucks! I've got to tell and warn her. She shouldn't come to the dance tomorrow because Justin's just going to ditch her.

I got my cell phone to call but I realized that I don't know her number so I tried to call her friends.

Sydney's POV

"Whew! The dresses that we got are really great." I said as we got out of the store after 4 hours of roaming around the mall finding the perfect dress.

"Yeah, they're really awesome! Wait, I'll just go to the restroom first. Wanna come?" Jean asked. I shook my head told her to go and I'll just wait for her.

Jean kept on changing and changing her mind in choosing her dress. She found a sequined pink strapless dress for her. She helped me choose mine as well. There are a lot of dresses to choose from but I just settled with a with a simple white spaghetti- strapped, knee-high dress. I think this'll suit me well for tomorrow night.

As I waited, a sweet couple walking hand-in-hand caught my eye. I looked at them and followed the couple. I don't know who they are because their backs are turned to me but they seem very familiar.

Suddenly, the boy's wallet fell behind. They stopped walking and he turned around to pick it up and then I saw them. Justin, my boyfriend, and Stacey, Blake's girlfriend, are walking hand-in-hand and so sweet together. Justin saw me and looked shocked.

"S-Syd, it's not what you think it is-" Justin stuttered and I cut him off.

"Oh yeah? Then what do you think it is? I'm not stupid Justin!!" I retorted.

"No, I'm just-" I cut him right away. I'm so angry now and I can feel my blood going to my face and tears forming in my eyes.

"You're just cheating on me! Is that what you wanna say? Cheating on me and Blake!! You both are so sick!!" I know that I don't have much feelings for Justin that's why I shouldn't act like this but the feeling of being cheated, betrayed and fooled is so strong and hurts so bad. I walked away and I heard Jean calling after me but I was so angry and just went straight out of the mall.

I went to my hang-out place whenever I want to be with myself, the playground. Childish as it seems but I really get some peace of mind whenever I'm here. I sat on the swing and put my shopping bag aside as tears came pouring out.

Blake's POV

Damn it! I was too late! I called Jack to get Syd's number but she won't answer. Jack gave me Jean's and I called her. She said that Syd already saw Justin and Stacey at the mall and now she's missing.

I went to their house but no one's in there. I looked around the neighborhood until I saw her by the playground, sitting on a swing, looking down and crying. I walked closer but she didn't seem to notice my presence.

Sydney's POV

Why is this happening to me? Why? I tried my best to be a good girlfriend to him but why did he do this to me?

I was crying so hard and so deep in thought that I didn't notice that someone approached me. The person suddenly held out a handkerchief in front of me and I looked up with my tear-stained face to see Blake. I was too shocked to see him here.

"Here. You can use this." he said kindly. I was still in shock and I accepted his handkerchief. He just smiled and sat on the other swing on my right. We didn't say anything; just my staggered breathing can be heard.

When I gained my composure and my breathing became normal, Blake broke the silence.

"Are you alright now?" Blake asked, concern evident in his voice.

"I guess so..." I said turned to look at him. He has the right to know that he was also cheated by his girlfriend. "Blake, I-I saw Stacey with Justin at the mall awhile ago..."

"Yeah, I know." he said.

"You know? How?" I asked.

"I was actually looking for you awhile ago and I called Jean and she told me what happened."

"You were looking for me? Why?" I asked, curious.

"I discovered awhile ago in school that Justin and Stacey are cheating on us and that they're planning on ditching the both of us tomorrow at the dance..." he answered truthfully.

"What? How dare they do this to the both of us! Why did Justin do this to me?" I shouted.

"I don't want to say this but you have to know the truth why Justin asked you to be his girlfriend last Sunday..." Blake said quietly.

"Why?" I asked as my voice broke. I know that I won't like the things he'll tell from the tone of his voice.

"Justin's friends dared him to make you his girlfriend and if he succeeded, they'll pay him 30 bucks..." he looked at me with sympathy in his eyes, "I'm sorry if you have to hear this from me but you have the right to know..."

I didn't say anything as new set of tears poured out. We became silent again and then I was the one who broke it this time.

"Blake, can I ask you something?" I asked. My tone was wary because this question might offend him.

"Yeah. What is it?"

"Why did you ask Stacey to be your girlfriend? Please don't get offended by this but you are so opposite. I mean-" he cut me off.

"Because she's prep and I'm emo. Is that what you mean?" he asked angrily.

"NO! I don't care about those stereotypes and labels. I don't give a damn about that! I don't judge people based on what other people label them. As a matter of fact, I really don't get the point of labeling other people as emo, prep, jock or whatever! For me, it doesn't matter in this world. What really matters is that you yourself know who you are and that you're a good person who does good deeds and doesn't care and won't be affected about other people's opinion about you. Be confident about yourself and just be you." Wow, that was the longest speech I said with Blake.

Blake was too surprised by my sudden outburst and his eyes were wide with shock. He shook his head and said, "I guess you're right. I'm sorry if I became angry awhile ago. I just don't like other people judging me, you know..."

"No worries. I understand." I smiled.

He was looking at me and said, "Well, uhmm... I asked Stacey to be my girlfriend because I want to show to other people that even though I'm emo, I could still get a prep as my girlfriend. I want to show them that labels aren't really important when it comes to relationships. And then Stacey suddenly flirted with me one time so I just asked her and the rest is history..."

"Did you love her?" I asked.

"Not really because I know we're both not serious about our relationship and I love someone else..."

"You love someone else?" I was shocked by this news.

"Yes, but she left and now, I'm still waiting for her..." he said wistfully.

"She left you? Why?"

"She actually didn't leave me because I doubt that she even knows my name neither do I know hers. I was just 7 yrs. old then when they left..."

"10 yrs. ago... Hmm... Childhood love..."

"Yeah, but I'm still waiting for her," he shook his head, "Let's stop talking that. What about you? Why did you accept Justin as you boyfriend?"

"Well, I just want to know the feeling of having a boyfriend. Everyday I see Jean and Jack so deeply in love with each other and I can see how happy they are. I want to feel that kind of happiness, well I'm not saying that I'm not happy. I know that the happiness of Jean whenever she's with Jack is a different kind of happiness whenever she's with me or other people. I just want to love and to be loved. I thought I can feel that with Justin but I was wrong."

"Did you love Justin?" Blake asked.

"Well, I was trying but I didn't succeed." I answered. "I hate him now more than anything else. He betrayed, cheated and fooled me. He probably would tell this to everyone tomorrow. Ugh, the nerve of him!"

Blake didn't replied but he eyed my shopping bag conspiratorially. "Is that you dress for tomorrow night?"

"Supposedly, I bought it awhile ago though I doubt that I would have a chance to wear it anytime soon."

"Why so?"

"I only wear a dress during occasions." I answered.

"You think the winter dance isn't an occasion?"

"It is an occasion, but why would I need a dress if I'm not going anymore?"

"You're not going anymore? Why?"

"Oh come on... I thought of all people, you'd be the one to understand that I'll not be able to attend the dance tomorrow. Justin was my boyfriend so he's basically my date but now everything between us is over. And that makes me dateless." I explained.

"No, you're not dateless." he said with a playful smile.

"I'm not?" I asked skeptical.

"Yeah. You still have a date."

"Who?"

"Me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 270 59
Marie's life has always been been all over the place, now her mum has decided to moved Marie and her brother Kye to the USA in order to start a new l...
515 98 19
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
Dear Cupid By Ari

Teen Fiction

266K 9.2K 27
"DREW!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I sprinted through the crowd of many passerbys walking through the streets of New York. I could see him i...
75.4K 1.4K 30
(Unedited and started in 2010, beware of plot holes, terrible grammar and other misfortunes) Grace Tailor shouldn't have gone to that party on new ye...