Naruto Tales: The Next Uchiha...

By shewillbelooved

8 Hidden Love Stories, all in one unexpected plot twist. Sakura is hunted by the invitatio... More

Note to Readers
I: A Fine Private Place
II: Quest to the Land of Sound
III: Yamato's Tale
IV: Bad Boy Shika
V: While You Were Sleeping
VI: Torment
VII: A Sinner and A Saint
VIII: Up Up and Away
IX: Temptations
X: Love and Magic
XI: The Man Behind Tobi
XII: Rin's Legacy
XIII: Be us Against the World
XIV: The Next Hyuga
XV: Doppelgangers in Konoha
XVI: Never Been Kissed
XVII: Sasuke Love Song
XVIII: The Man Who Never Lied
XIX: Never Let Me Go
Season Եաօ: VAMPIRES
XXI: Do Not Go Gentle
XXIII: Never Counting Regrets
XXIV: Forgive My Thoughts When I'm Asleep
XXV: Impures Unleashed
XXVI: Little White Fang
XXVII: Kakashi: Our Love Story
XXVIII: Bring Me to Life
XXIX: Vampire Queen
Season Եհɾҽҽ: RUNAWAY
XXXI: Brave New World
XXXII: Unfriendly Visitor
XXXIII: No Regrets, Just Love
XXXIV: Kiba's Naughty Princess
XXXV: Gaara's First Love
XXXVI: Fifty Shades of the Kazekage
XXXVII: Know Your Frienemies
XXXVIII: Fifty Shades Freed
XXXIX: Ino's Bloody Valentine (Part 1)
XXXIX: Ino's Bloody Valentine (Part 2)
XXXIX: Ino's Bloody Valentine (Part 3)
Season ƒօմɾ: AU REVOIR
XL: Brand New Eyes
XLI: Wakana's Last Days
XLII: Always and Forever
XLIII: Sasuke's Last Days (Part 1)
XLIII: Sasuke's Last Days (Part 2)
XLIII: Sasuke's Last Days (Part 3)
XLIII: Sasuke's Last Days (Part 4)
XLIII: Sasuke's Last Days (Part 5)
XLIV: Haunted Love
LXV: Be Your Teenage Dream Tonight
Epilogue
Three Years

XXII: The Only Exception

5.9K 139 13
By shewillbelooved

Darling you are, the Only exception.

You are the Only Exception.

And I'm on my way to believing.

****************************************************************

QOTC: Sasuke: I'm not afraid of anything.

Sakura: Sure you are. You can't bring yourself to admit your mistakes. You could have achieved the happiness you ever wanted if you could believe that someone would love you, but you didn't take the chance. And you're gonna regret that for the rest of your life.

****************************************************************

Chapter 22: The Only Exception

They were too late. She'd already casted a sealing spell with the door, not a jutsu; it was one of the basic techniques Kabuto had taught her. Then again, she was left staring at her hands as if they were made of steel. Then she ran and ventured throughout the hellhole.

The lab was all shabby and dirty, filled with cobwebs and blood spilled into the floor. The remains have brought a nasty odor into her nose as she banged in with every dungeon, searching for the furthest silver hair.

"Wakana? Are you in here?"

Footsteps were creaking. Sasuke was slamming the door but it wouldn't budge.

I warn you, medic. There's no turning back. These are the best of my creations and this could achieve the Immortality I ever wanted. They're different-special; more powerful you could ever imagine. They feed on blood; and they won't stop until they've had their fill.

She inhaled and held two bloodbags into her hand. She dropped one and when she turned around, it was gone.

There was a sudden brief rush of wind that botched her hair. She glanced behind but no one's in there.

The girl stood behind her, stumbling due to the elixirs that have been injected with her body; she stared at Sakura from behind but she wouldn't recognize her.

Sakura held a Kunai into her hand, ready to swoop if anything goes amiss. She glanced her head slowly, the same look she had the moment she and Naruto have taken their first brief look at Sasuke.

She blinked her eyes. "W-wakana? What have they done to you?"

"Sakura! Get away from her!"

Wakana shifted her head and laid it into her right shoulder, studying her. Her lips were bloody-red, dripping from the victims she had caused. Her face hasn't changed, but her clothing was torned from the experiment.

"Hey, it's me," Sakura kneeled and waited for her. She gestured at the bloodbag she was holding. "Look, I brought you some snack."

"Sakura! Open this door!"

The girl teleported as fast as she could and snatched the blood as she ripped it apart, sucking it with her tongue. Sakura threw another bloodbag and soon as she was finished, it didn't occur to her that she was next.

She gulped and thrusted every strength she had. "Wakana, listen to me... You can't do this,"

Wakana smirked and shot her an evil grin.

Sakura threw a Kunai in a jiff as she ran past the dungeons, thinking there's got to be a passageway here or something. Wakana didn't take any pity on her. Sakura would often throw anything to slow her down but her pace was at its full speed.

They ended up in a spare room, where in Sakura's reached the end of her rope. "Wakana, you have to-"

That's when someone had swiveled from the door and pinned Wakana instantaneously into the wall, suffocating her.

Just like before they found her, before a wink of eye, someone had swiveled the little girl and pinned her neck towards the wall.

Sasuke.

"Get out of here," He obliged as he held his Katana over the girl's neck.

"NO!!!" She screamed and ran beside him. "Sasuke you can't do this,"

"She deserves it," he groused and the curse-mark was burning like they were made of the eminent blazes of the sun. Wakana was already choking. "Sasuke please-it wasn't her fault!" She pleaded, "she didn't have any choice!"

Sasuke chuckled delightfully. "All of us have a choice."

"She's just a child, and she didn't have anything to do with this," she assured him. "Just-don't make her the reason why I should hate you again. Because I'm tired of forgiving you when you've barely done anything good."

Good. Sasuke could only stare at the kid who breathed heavily under his mercy. Why would he value the safety of a stranger he hardly knew?

That's because as long as you don't have anyone to care about no one would ever distract you from mantaining your goal.

And what benefit does he gets after sparing her life? NONE.

The idea of Marooning himself would only lead him to his pathway of loneliness... And he didn't want to because he had already experienced it before.

"Sasuke," Tobi called for him. He was the supreme ruler of the house and if there's one single person that would intimidate him it'll always be the legendary Uchiha. "You've done enough."

His hand pulled away and Wakana coughed out spitting blood. Sakura caught her nimbly into her arms. "She's unconscious," she muttered.

Sasuke froze as Wakana laid peacefully into Sakura's lap, his actions suddenly catching up with him. Did he just save her life? By her dumbfounded and shocked expression she guessed so.

His body acted without affirming into his mind. It was the same as it happened when he saved Naruto from Haku. It all happened so fast he just acted on instinct.

Taka was late as they stepped foot into the room not knowing what could've possibly happened but it had something to do with Sakura's gawking face. "Did we miss something?" Suigestu asked, holding his blade for combat. Karin slapped his head. "Idiot you're quite a bird-brained for someone in your age!"

"And you make yourself a fugly whore for a red-head."

Just then, Zetsu loomed out of the surface and stood next to Obito. "He seemed quite determined in preserving the medic's life."

"Patience is a virtue, my friend." But Obito wasn't smiling. Then both of them vanished.

✞ Եհҽ ղҽ×Ե մϲհíհɑ ✞

KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FALLING FOR

"Miyako,"Kabuto smirked, asthough reading her mind he said, "the child of the night."

Sakura parted her lips wanting to protest, but the child's name was the least of her worries. "What do you plan on doing with her?"

There was amusement that was noted in his voice as he watched the little girl shift into her bed. "We test her; soon as she's all grown up, the child will be known to be the Sound's weapon and destroy the whole nation."

Sakura stared back at the girl. "Immortality. That's what you and Orochimaru were working on for so long..."

"Yes, although it's a pity he didn't live long enough for you to meet him gradually. He'd waited a century connect with Tsunade's doppelgangër." but seems the only thing that caught her attention was the word that wasn't listed on her vocabulary. "He was an extraodinary teacher."

And being a brown nose she was she'd decided to let the term slip past of her huge forehead. Tired, she placed her hand below her chin. "You and Madara have a thing for histories." She didn't even know Orochimaru would have taken interest at her. Tsunade perhaps, but she was just this tiny little sycophant compared to her. She couldn't even believe how these people could even recall those things back in their early age. Because if they were smart, they'd let all of the bad memories flow into the wind and watch as reality wavers.

Kabuto stood and snatched a Kunai from her medical pouch and pricked the girl on her arm. "Hey, what are you-"

"Look closely." Wakana made sudden movements but she looked as if she wasn't hurt. The blood dripped from her arm, but when Kabuto raised it upwards, the wound was gone. Sakura had the look on her eyes when she was about to punch someone else's face. "What are they to you? Slaves?"

Sasuke flinched as he stood against the table. He wondered if Orochimaru thought the same thing for him.

"Not technically," The serpent licked his lips. "But soldiers."

"WHAT?!" She whispered loudly through clenched teeth."How many of the others have survived?"

"Oh, you wouldn't be surprised. They're very much looking forward of meeting you in person." He stood knowing he has businesses to take care of and a lot of patients to observe and play with. "Now if you excuse me I'll be heading back to my quarters."

The door slammed shut, the silence of the sound was something that kept Sakura waiting. This was her chance.

"Y-you saved me." She stared in awe while diverting her eyes into his back.

Sasuke wouldn't face her; pondering with his own thoughts. He almost dug a pecular pattern at the position he stood.

Sakura thought there was no good in him. She deluded herself to think all this time he had shut his eyes a long time ago and his heart was enclosed into a cocoon. What was the point of killing her back at the Land of Iron?

He managed to obliterate those icky feelings and mantained his cold side. "It's getting late. We should probbably get you home."

"Don't ignore me, Sasuke!" She crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked up at his glowering face. "Then why would you save me? Why did you pull out your sword and tried to get rid of Wakana if it weren't for a reason?"

He had a rough day and he was in no time for explanation.

"Answer me!" She exclaimed.

Sakura saw his anger and sighed. "You know why you did that? That's because you are just too damn stubborn to admit that you still care for me and to your village!"

"Care?" Onyx eyes blaze into her fidgeting emerald ones. The word doesn't count at his dictionary. "I haven't heard of that."

"Liar, why can't you atleast accept the fact that you're changing?"

"You don't know what you're saying."

"You know what?" She chuckled jubilatingly. "You're not a jerk anymore. You're a coward. You would've chosen to be happy-you could have been freed of all this if you weren't afraid of telling me what you actually feel."

His eyebrows crinkle. "I'm not afraid of anything."

"Sure you are," she continued. "You can't bring yourself to admit your mistakes. You could have achieved the happiness you ever wanted if you could believe that someone would love you, but you didn't take the chance. And you're gonna regret that for the rest of your life."

His hand curled into a fist.

He spunned around intensifying his gaze, fury was clear as a day in his eyes. "Get. Out."

Knowing her words have done their purpose, she strutted to the door. But her feet immediately turned by itself as she faced and looked at her straightly; then she was gone.

Sasuke stared at the closed door for a while, wearing that usual stolid expression of his. He didn't cry; even though if it was okay to, love was something he clearly didn't understand, and the only way to get rid of it is to gather all the hatred.

You are weak. You don't have enough hate. Foolish little brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 150 14
Sasuke and Sakura both shut their eyes. Only one of them had their eyes calmly closed while the flustered one had her eyes squeezed shut. She felt he...
62.5K 1.1K 12
A book of several overprotective Sasuke scenarios. Collection of one shots. Read and enjoy♥♥ I made up most of the scenes and Naruto does not belon...
150K 5.1K 35
Levy McGarden. Senior student of Fairy Tail High School. Sweet and lovable. Nerd. Best friend/crush: Gray Fullbuster. Gajeel Redfox. The popular ba...
288K 12.1K 49
When Miss Sakura Haruno went to the village of Konoha seeking a job, everyone is terrified of the job request that she had accepted. At the Uchiha Ma...