The Young And The Dumb {j.b}

By raven143241

Dakota Blakely struggles to create and keep long-term relationships with others. Being passed from home to ho... More

Chapter 1 << Minor Details
Chapter 2 << Waiting
Chapter 3 << Stood up?
Chapter 4 << Lost
Chapter 5 << Found
Chapter 6 << Child's Play
Chapter 7 << Goodbyes
Chapter 8 << Happy Birthday
Chapter 9 << Lighting Matches
Chapter 10 << Playing With Fire
Chapter 11 << Getting Burned
Chapter 12 << Daydreams & Nightmares
Chapter 13 << A Truce
Chapter 14 << The Art of Seduction
Chapter 15 << Love and Other drugs
Chapter 16 << Forgiveness
Chapter 17 << Netflix and Chill?
Chapter 18 << Stolen Kisses
Chapter 20 << Late Night Binge
Chapter 21 << Holding on
Chapter 22 << What Benefits?
Chapter 23 << Vulnerability
Chapter 24 << Matters of the Heart
Chapter 25 << Alone. . ?
Chapter 26 << Sorry
Chapter 27 << Reality Check
Chapter 28 << Minor Details

Chapter 19 << Two of a Kind

248 9 1
By raven143241

Justin's P.O.V

It was supposed to be wrong, kissing her wasn't supposed to make me feel like this. I knew for a fact that I wasn't gonna be able to brush Dakota off after a kiss like that. Everything about her lips on mine felt so fucking right. I'd drawn out clear lines which weren't meant to be crossed. But somehow, Dakota was able to effortlessly leep across every single one. I knew it was only a matter of time before she had me wrapped around her little finger. There was just something about her that reminded me of myself. There was nothing I could tell her that would stop her from going after what she wanted. And if that was me, then so be it. I couldn't condone what she was doing, but there was nothing that said I couldn't enjoy it.

I gave myself a really hard time for making out with her the other day. But I have to hand it to her, it was cheeky. And if Kota dealt her cards right, she just might win.

She had a lot of balls pulling that little stunt. Athough, let it be said, I don't like to be teased. I'm really competitive and I love winning. Being teased hits certain nerves which make me kinda sexually frustrated. And let's face it, dealing with Dakota, alone, can be frustrating at times. As if I hadn't wanted her before, I most definitely did now. She was a little too young, but I'm sure if we could keep things under wraps until she was legal; She could be quite a treat for me while away on tour.

Pushing aside my thoughts I had my assistant, Caige, put in a request form for temporary custody of Dakota. I couldn't just walk in there and take her without consent, I think that'd be considered kidnapping.

So, getting everything sorted out, I made a few calls and checked to make sure eveything was ready to go for the trip.

My manager, Scooter Braun, emailed me all the details for my first interview along with the questions. Skimming over them quickly, I wrote them down on a small piece of paper and shoved them into my pocket. My driver was already waiting outside for me. Grabbing my jacket I and locking the door behind me, I made my way to the car.

The entire way to the interview I thought of possible answers to the various questions. They were mainly about my upcoming tour, but some were a bit more personal. I had no idea what to say for one question in particularly.

"Who is Dakota Blakely to you?"

The question was straight forward, yet the subject of Dakota was anything but. She was a friend, yes. But was that all? Could there be another way they'd try to spin it? Trying to ignore that topic completely, I crumbled the paper. As the vehicle came to a stop the driver opened the door for me. I rushed pass the paparazzi into the radio station. The interview was with Ryan Seacrest, a top radio personality. He was a good acquaintance of mine, so I trusted him to go easy on me. I was greeted by everyone as I entered the building. Ryan's lovely assistant got me all set up and ready. His co-host counted down the time until we went on-air. When the signal turned green, Ryan introduced himself and I. Everyone in the studio cheered and I mummbled whats up into the microphone.

"So Justin what's been going on man, how have you been?"

"I'm doing quite good, how about yourself," I smiled.

"Oh I'm great man, so why don't we just jump right into it? Um you've got a new tour underway. Are you excited to show not just you fans but the world what you've been working on?"

"Um definitely, I've been working with new genres as well as artist who really push me to do great. I think this new album represents me as an artist and hopelessly you guys like it." I shrugged.

"Do you feel like this is gonna be anything like you previous albums?" Ryan leaned in.

"Um, no not really. Before the release for this album I actaully scrapped a bunch of songs and revamped the bulk of them. The album can surely stand on it's own," I said before taking a sip of water.

"Well how long do you think your tour is going to last, tell us a bit about your stops along the way so far." The peppy blonde co-host interjected.

"I believe the tour starts this April, and it doesn't end until a bit after the new year. The crew and I've got lots of new things up our sleeves, I just hope the fans enjoy it," I laughed.

"They will man, I know they will" Ryan assured me, "but hey in another news, lets talk about this new lady friend of yours," He smiled.

Being knocked right out of my comfort zone, I tried my best not to let my facial expressions convey my opinion towards the topic. "So, this young lady, I believe goes by the name of Dakota? She's been spotted with you numerous times," Ryan raised an eyebrow suggestively.

"Well, I can say that she's a dear friend to me. And you'll also be seeing her a bunch during the tour." I pursed my lips.

"Really? So she's just a friend?" Ryan asks. I nodded and played everything cool, it's not like it's any of his business any way.

"Well, some of our sources are claiming that she's the crying girl from lil Za' party, can you shed some light on that?" The blonde asked.

"Yes, the girl in the photo is Kota- "

"Kota? I-Is that like a nickname Justin" the blonde rudely interrupted again. Ryan waved her off and told me to continue.

"Okay, as I was saying, the girl in the photos are in fact Dakota" I confirmed, "she was having a ruff night so I was trying to comfort her. In no way was it romantic, we're strictly platonic."

"Alright, so ladies you heard it here first, Justin Bieber is single. Thanks for tuning in." Ryan said as he went off the air. "Great job man, thanks for joining us so early. I hope to see you soon" he patted my shoulder. I nodded and slid my jaket back on.

"Likewise" I replied.

The way back to the car a bit hectic, but I wanted to go thank the fans that waited patiently for me all morning. I poked my head around the side of the gate and their faces lit up.

"Hey guys, I couldn't help but notice you all out here. Thanks for waiting on me," I laughed.

"Oh my gosh Justin I've been waiting for this moment for so long, can we please take a photo with you?" A short red head bounded up and down. I nodded and quickly took a selfie with her. Moving down the line of girls I made sure to do the same.

40 or 50 fans later I was ready to go. There was a small tug on my shirt that broght my attention to a little girl with big green eyes. Instantly, Dakota came to mind.

"Um, Justin you forgot me!" She spoke. I smiled and lifted her up and over the barricade. I bent down and asked her where her parents were, she pointed to the back of the crowd.

"Woah, how did you get all the way up here?"

"I crawled silly" she smiled back at me.

"You're so cute, you're eyes remind me of a good friend of mines." I pecked her cheek. I watched as her eyes widened and her face grew red. "Whats your name?"

"Khalani" she giggled.

"Do you want to take a picture with me?"

"Yes"

Holding my phone out in front of me, I snapped a photo of the both of us. Looking back a Khalani, she smiled and wrapped a small arms around me.

"Dakota is really pretty like a Princess. That makes you her your prince charming." She whispered into my ear. I pulled back a furrowed my eyebrows.

"Really? You think so?" I asked. The little girl nodded and blushed. She was so young, she couldn't have been any older than 8 years old. Yet, something about her was captivating. "Why don't we get you back to your mommy?" I said while handing her over to a tall brunette in the crowd.

I'll admit, she was a cute kid, but theres no way I was kota's prince charming. She could do better, I wasn't looking for anything serious right now. I hadn't been in a relationship in 4 years, and I didn't plan on starting another one anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, any guy would be lucky to call Kota theirs', but I'd wined up ruining her. I have an awful habbit of doing so to anyone that gets too close to me.

And let's not forget, Dakota is just a phase. I'm sure once I've had my fill of her, I'll get bored and we will have both run our course.

<<<<<<♢>>>>>>

Dakota's P.O.V

I danced to my music as I packed for the tour. Ms. Darnell had gotten Justin's temporary custody forms this morning. After breakfast she told me I could start packing and that Justin would be here to get me around four.

Apparently Scooter Braun was kind enough to invite a less fortunate orphan to occupancy Justin on tour, well, that's how Ms. Darnell put it. But I couldn't have cared less about the cover story, I was ecstatic simply because I'd be closer to Justin. As I bobbed my head to Beyoncé, the sound of my door opening caught my attention.

In walked Delaney . . .

"Can I talk to you?" She came over and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Um yea," I said while sitting down beside her. I was really hoping to avoid this conversation, but I knew it was gonna happen whether I wanted it to or not.

"I'm just gonna go ahead and say this" she paused, "I don't want you to leave, specifically, I don't want you to leave me Dakota."

"Delaney -" I begin to say.

"No, I'm not finished, you wanted answers, well here they are," She said taking a deep breath. "I like you. I like you as in more than just a friend. and I think maybe I always have. The moment you marched into this group home, I think I fell for you on the spot. I'm sorry I put you through so much bullshit, b-but please don't leave me." A single tear ran down her cheek.

I looked at her in awe. All this time I was under the impression that she just despised me. When contrarily, she was falling in love with me. How could I have missed it?

"Well, if you like me as much as you say you do, then why were you always so mean?" I asked.

"Because . . . You reminded me of the reason my parents gave me up. Everyday you waltzed by, taking my breathe away. You had no idea what you were doing to me Dakota. If it weren't for girls like you, mabye I wouldn't be attracted to the same sex. And maybe, just maybe, my mom and dad wouldn't have left me here," she cried.

"Delaney, those are an awful lot of maybes. From the time that I've spent with you, I can tell that you're an amazing girl. Have you ever thought that maybe it was your parents that missed out? Theres nothing wrong about having a different preference then whats expected. You having feelings for the same sex doesn't mean you don't deserve a family. If anything it means that you deserve one better then your last. A family that truely accepts you for who you are, not for who you like. And I hope that some day soon you'll find that. But as for me, I can't stay here any longer. I finally think I've found the closest thing I'll ever get to that. I'm so close to having someone who cares for and loves me, and I don't wanna end things before I have a chance to build a relationship" I said sadly.

Delaney slouched back onto my bed, letting out an exhausted sigh. "I was afraid you'd say that," she mummbled.

Taking her hand onto mines I lifted it and pressed my lips onto the back of her hand.

"This isn't goodbye Laney, I'll be seeing you again." I smiled, "and when I do, I hope you'll have found what this cruel world has to offer."

With a slight giggled she closed her eyes an let a few more tears glide down her smooth milky skin. "I'm really gonna fucking miss you Dakota," she said wrapping her arms around my neck. We stayed like that for a while, I didn't have the heart to pull away first. Something inside me told me she really needed this hug. She'd spent four years of her life trying to fight her feelings for me. And to have them all come crashing down at once must mean she's really hurting right now.

As she pulled back from the hug, I was taken by surprise when her lips found their way to mine. She hungrily dove into the kiss, I could feel the desperate want for her feelings to be reciprocated. Pulling away from her I was met with a hopelessly lost and confused girl. The color of her eyes were dull and tired, her usal smile was non-existent.

"I'm s-so sorry I don't know wh-"

"It's okay" I frowned and wiped her tears. "I've been there before."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580K 13K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
36.4K 1K 38
When Spencer decided to break up with Olivia, he felt deep inside that he was making the right call. No matter how hard it was for him to see her cry...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 54.7K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...