Making the Worst of a Good Si...

By 14tali

Sheilah has always been close to her family. She's working as a blackjack dealer at a casino until she can pa... More

Making the Worst of a Good Situation
Just to let you know
Chapter 2
Date Night
Chapter 4
Interogation Room (again)
Chapter 6
Paige's Story
Independence Day
Vacation
Surprise?
Chapter 11
You're Killing Me
Tonight's the night
After the Hurricane
I'm Late?
No Smoking
Crash and Burn
Moving in Reverse
It's a....
You Need a Shower
This Baby Shower Sucks
Here's the baby!
Homecoming
Alone
Lost
Chapter 27
The Mission
Chapter 29
Glasshouse

Chapter 14

781 29 1
By 14tali

"Goodnight" he said pulling his hand away and getting up. 

Frustrated, I grabbed his hand and put it back where it was but slightly lower.

"Keep going." I said in a weak needy whisper.

And he did.

Chapter 14

I woke up when the sun peaked through the window. I stayed still remembering the events of that night.

How Chase felt. How we got here. I got tired of waiting. I should've been patient.

But it felt so good. I regretted nothing.

I flipped over and stretched reaching for Chase but, I didn't feel him. I sat up and looked around the room.

I got up and wrapped myself in the sheets, since my clothes were nowhere to be found, and headed into the living room area. Chase was sitting on the sofa eating waffles and watching tv, he didn't see me yet.

"Good morning" I said groggily as I sat down on the couch next to him.

"Hey!" He smiled at me his cheeks filled with food "You want some" he asked. I smiled and nodded my head. 

He got up and I realized he was naked.

"Whoa!" I said surprised and I looked in the other direction.

"What? You saw all of it last night." I slowly turned my head to him.

"It's still a lot to get used to." I said my face burning up. Chase was amused when he saw my embarrassment.

"I ordered one of everything from the room service breakfast. I didn't know what you wanted."

I looked at the long tray of food and laughed.

"You know that's ridiculous right?" I said between my laughs. He chuckled.

"Oh it's that funny?" He snatched my sheet from around my body.

I screeched and tumbled on the floor. Chase took this as an opportunity to jump on top of me and tickle me.

"Chase! Stop!" I begged through my laughter. He stopped and looked at me smiling. I smiled and my face flushed.

He kissed me sweetly on the lips and pulled back and stared at me again. I gazed into his eyes not wanting this moment to end and I knew he felt the same.

But, my stomach had to ruin it. It growled loudly and Chase laughed.

"Go eat" he said getting off of me.

***

Chase and I took a flight home the next day. When we got home Chase checked his car out of the garage.

"Ready to go home?" He asked when I got in the car.

"No" I said grumpily "Can't we stay on vacation forever?"

"That sounds nice." He smiled and brushed a stray hair out of my face "Too bad we can't" he said as he pulled off.

The ride home was not long enough. I didn't want to leave Chase. And I really didn't want to face Paige.

Chase parked in front of my apartment and we sat in the car.

"We're here." He announced.

"Yep." I nodded my head. And we sat in silence

"I had a great time" I said "Thank you."

"I did to. And thanks for coming with me," He said "I'll carry your bags up." He got out of the car and got my bags from the trunk.

He carried my bags to the apartment door, turned to me, and opened his mouth to say something.

"Hey Sheilah" Iris said opening the door chewing on popcorn. "Me and Paige were waiting for you" 

"Hi Iris" I said with fake enthusiasm. She looked at Chase and then back at me.

"Oh I'm super sorry." She said when she realized she was interrupting us. She closed the door and went back inside.

I turned back to Chase.

"I'll see you later I guess." I smiled.

He grabbed my cheek and kissed me. He pulled away before I could melt into his kiss.

"Bye Sheilah" he said as he walked away. I sighed and walked inside where Iris and Paige were waiting

"Don't start" I warned them, even though I knew they wouldn't listen.

"I'll be good" Paige said with one hand in the air. "Just tell us everything"

I sat down on the couch knowing this wasn't going to be a short story. Yet, I was really excited to tell them; It'd be a chance to relive the moments.

***

"So she spilled her wine on me." I told them nearing the end of my story.

"That bitch" Paige said once again. Everytime I meantion Kai she had to point out her bitchiness

"I don't think that was an accident." Iris said shaking her head.

"Anyway. So I headed to my room to get the stain out and..." I trailed off not wanting to mention Chase coming in and us having sex. They'd never let me live it down.

"And?" They asked in unison.

"And I couldn't get it out so I went to bed." I lied.

"So what happened next" Iris asked.

"Nothing really. I just came home." I said. Iris seemed to buy it but Paige stared at me squinting.

"What" I asked her and she kept looking at me. Her eyes suddenly widened.

"You two had sex!" She screamed

"I never said that" I quickly responded.

"You don't have to." She said coming closer "I know you Sheilah Anderson. You had sex with him."

"Did you?" Iris asked.

"No" I shrieked as my face flushed.

"You did" Iris said amazed.

"How good was it?" Paige asked.

"Paige!" My voice cracked

"That good huh?"

"Fine!" I screamed "I had sex with him alright. And it was so good" I admitted. Paige and Iris were silent for a second.

"Like super good?" Iris asked

"Like super duper good" I said.

"Thank God!" Paige shouted. She ran into the bedroom and emerged with a bunch of balloon. "Here" she handed me a card.

I looked at her dumbfounded and opened the envelope.

"Congratulations on the Sex" I read the front of the card. There was a cartoon dog on the front giving me a thumbs up.

I opened it and a condom fell out. The cartoon dog was now in bed with a teddy bear smoking a cigarette.

"You needed it." The inside of the card said.

I looked up at Paige and Iris's approving faces and laughed.

"Where do you even buy something like this?" I asked laughing hysterically.

"The sex store" Iris said grinning.

"We saw it coming" Paige said

"You guys are too much" I laughed tearing up.

*** 

"Have you heard from him yet?" Paige asked me. Again.

It was only the day after the trip and Paige was already hounding me. She'd been asking me since I walked in the door from work.

"Sheilah? Did you hear me? I asked if-"

"Yes I heard you. No I haven't heard from him." I told her again.

"No need to get snappy." she said. I sighed and plopped on the bed.

"I'm gonna call him." I said grabbing my phone

"I don't think so" Paige said snatching the phone from me

"What?"

"Wait for him to call you." She said holding my phone in the air when it started ringing.

"Is it him?" I reached for the phone but Paige answered.

"Hello" I quietly tried to listen "She's here. Can I take a message?" I snatched the phone from her.

"Chase?"

"Sheilah. I need your help." he desperately begged.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"Just come over here quick." the call was disconnected.

I quickly sprung up and grabbed my purse.

"Where are you going?" Paige asked trailing me.

"I'll be back" I shouted as I ran out of the door and drove off to Chase's house.

When I got to his house I saw him sitting on his sofa looking stressed. I knocked and waved when he saw me. He got up and ran to the door and hugged me.

"I'm so glad you're here" he said putting me down.

"What's wrong?" I heard a glass break in the kitchen.

"That little.." Chase mumbled storming towards the kitchen. I followed him and saw Tallulah standing in the middle of the kitchen surrounded by glass.

"You broke a glass?" Chase screamed "Why are you even in the kitchen." her lip began to quiver and her eyes were filling up with tears

"Chase..." I said softly

"I told you to just stay put but, you couldn't even-"

"Chase!" I cut him off. He turned to me obviously annoyed and then he looked at Tallulah and saw tears running down her cheeks.

I put my hand on Chase's tense shoulder.

"Why don't you go and take a break I'll take care of this." I didn't have to ask him twice. He went up to his bedroom without another word.

I went over to the crying Tallulah and picked her up. I carried her out of the kitchen and sat her on the couch.

"I didn't mean to break Uncle Chase's stuff" she sniffed. 

"It's ok. I'll clean up the glass."

"I accidently dropped his phone in the sink too" she said her head bowed in shame.

"I'll take care of it."

"I'm really sorry" she started to cry again "He-he" she hiccupped "He hates me"

"He doesn't honey." I rubbed her head. "Sometimes grown-ups just get upset."

"I didn't mean too" she sobbed.

"I know. How about we color him a card to say sorry?" I suggested grabbing the markers and paper on the table.

"Then he won't be so mad?" she looked at me hopefully with her big round eyes.

"Nope. He'll be happy."

"Ok." She said grabbing the paper and markers.

"I'll be right back." I said heading to the kitchen

I fished Chase's phone out of the sink and wiped it dry with a towel and put it in a bag of uncooked rice to dry it completely. Then I swept up the glass.

When I was finally done went to check on Tallulah.

"All done!" she announced showing me her card.

"Good job." I grinned at her colorful card

"You wanna watch a movie?" I asked petting her head and her face lit up.

"A princess movie!" she smiled.

"Of course" I put on The Little Mermaid and went to find Chase.

 He was sitting on the edge of his bed, head bowed.

"Are you ok?" I asked him. He sighed.

"I didn't mean to make her cry." he said "I just lost it."

"I know" I sat next to him on the bed "Just come down and talk to her."

He looked at me with guilty eyes and followed me downstairs.

"Uncle!" Tallulah ran up to him. "I made you a card." she handed it to him. "I'm really sorry" she said and wrapped her arms around him and hugged him.

Chase looked down at her and smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry too." he kneeled down and hugged her back.

***

Tallulah fell asleep halfway through the movie and Chase carried her to his guest bed and tucked her in. I smiled at Chase as he gently closed the door.

"What?" he asked

"Nothing. So how'd you end up babysitting?" I asked.

"A last minute thing. My sister has some new work hours." I nodded.

"That's nice of you."

"She didn't really give me a choice" he said "So..." Chase trailed off. "She fast asleep. You wanna?" he raised his eyebrow at me and gestured towards his room.

I hit him on his shoulder.

"Chase! She just fell asleep. Besides, what if she wakes up and hears us or sees us?" 

"You're right. You're a screamer. You'd definitely wake her up." he grinned devilishly at me. I rolled my eyes.

We watched movies on the couch until Kimi came to pick up Tallulah.

"Thank you so much." she said to me again as she left.

I closed the door and turned to Chase. He didn't waste a second as he walked up to me and kissed me intensely. He took his shirt off and gripped me firmly. He picked me up and carried me to his bed where I spent the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 231 26
Drums...fire...blood... and guns... A race for your life...in a time long since forgotten. The Great Plains of the United States of America were a ri...
1.5K 150 18
A Story Of Love After Marriage. He's always been driven by one thing: power. From ruling over his small dominion in Rajasthan to wielding influence t...
8.7K 324 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...
10.1K 919 29
Parvati yearned to become a mother. Her strong desire to give birth to a child of her own compelled her to make an astonishing request from Suyash. H...