Twisted Fate

Von xxNessa21xx

The war continues on between the Hemmings, the Council and the Hunters. But only one will stand and rule them... Mehr

Twisted Fate
~ 02 ~
~ 03 ~
~ 04 ~
~ 05 ~
~ 06 ~
~ 07 ~
~ 08 ~
~ 09 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~

~ 30 ~

2.1K 103 0
Von xxNessa21xx

“Tell me you are kidding!” I heard Arvin said, annoyed. Everyone even look at him in curiosity, even Brian who is now driving the van while Tyler rest. He nods his head now and again then he groan, a very frustrated groan that I only heard twice since I join their pack. “We’ll try to get their as soon as we can.” He finally said after hang up but he didn’t tell us what’s wrong, instead he let out quite a lot of swearing before looking at everyone. “We can’t rest. We have to take over driving shift and stops on services to refills and get some food, so rest as much as you can.”

We all look at each other, confuse before looking at Arvin. He sighs but still didn’t say anything which annoys the hell out of me. “Why is he not telling us what’s wrong?” Lee asks through the mind link. “Give him some time. He’ll tell us when he calms down.” Brian said. I can feel the doubt from the twins and even Tyler but I knew Brian is right. Arvin and Brian had spent time together since they were little, not only being cousins but they treat each other as best friend.

True to Brian’s word, Arvin calm down after a nice cup coffee when Brian had filled up the van and the twins bought food for us. “The Council found out what happen and our spy said they are moving. We only have at least three to two weeks to prepare before they come knocking on our territory.” Arvin let out another frustrated sigh before continuing on, “They also told everyone that we decide to team up with the hunters making every other pack that we haven’t contact go against us and I can tell you that’s a lot of packs.”

Tyler and Lee let out a mouthful of swear words and cursing the Council to the dept of hell. It’s amusing to listen but as amusing as it is, we were now in a tight dead line to get home and prepare. I know understand the fury Arvin felt when he talks to Nathan.

“Is that alright with you guys? The setting of whose turn it is to drive?” I ask. They all respond with a ‘yes’ & ‘I’m cool with that’ before the rest sleeps. We decided that every four hours, we will change turns to drive. Lee is the one driving now and in three hours and half, Arvin will be next, then me, then Leo followed by Tyler and Brian before going back to Lee again.

I let out a yawn and cuddle close to Brian before giving Mikki’s sleeping figure one last glance before closing my eyes. When I open my eyes, it was my turn to drive. I pat Arvin’s back and gave him a small smile before I took over. Driving in silence and in the dark felt like a drag. I know no one is following us and I know I can drive much faster than eighty mph but the road we are now have full of speed camera that takes a picture of your vehicle if it went over eighty. It sucks.

I wanted to turn the radio on but even in a quietest volume, everyone will wake up from the sound. I crack the window slightly open to let some fresh air and to calm me down.

The drive took us two and half day even though it took us about four days to get to the Hemmings’ castle. All thanks to speeding and Tyler being impatient and taking the rough road. It is quick to us this road the only problem about it is, it’s in the middle of the forest and the road are all gravel. Imagine how much we hit our heads but in the end we made it in one piece. I can’t say much about the van though.

As soon as we park the van in front of the pack house, five shadows runs towards us. Nathan, Emma, Mitch and Jerome run to Tyler who is holding Mikki on his arms. Amber runs to Leo while I look at Lee and Tyler. They simply smile and said in unison, “I didn’t want her to fight.” They look at each other and said, “Great minds think a like!” Then they burst out laughing. I roll my eyes and went to the house.

This time, Gregg and Gil didn’t greet me. No one did. The house was empty and quiet but it’s obvious that no one had stayed here for a while. I sigh and look at the family photo we took just a couple of weeks ago. I remember when we had this Alexis and Gregg we arguing about what size we should het. Gregg wanted a big on while Alexis wants a wallet size so she could put it on her purse but Gregg thinks it was lame. It was Gil who ends up picking. He wanted one big size about A1 size, three A4 size and three wallet sizes.

A tear slide down my cheeks and I felt a presence behind me. When I look behind me, there was no one there but I can still feel his presence. I smile and wipe the tears away before running to bathroom and took a quick shower. When I step out, Brian was waiting on the bed with the picture frame on his hands. “I miss them already.”

“Me too” I said and sat next to him.

After Brian’s shower, we went back to the pack house. Amber runs to me and said in concern. “I need to take that spell of her now or else it will have a big effect on her but her mate isn’t letting anyone else come near her not even her parents or her twin.”

“Stay away from her!” Jerome yelled at Mitch who was trying to calm him down. He rocks and gently stroke Mikki’s cheek. “Please baby, you need to snap out of this.”

“Mikki is under a spell which also means she can’t just snap out of it like she’s in daze, Jerome.” I said which earn a glare from him.

“How the hell would you know?” He snaps at me who earn him quite a lot of growls not only from Brian but also my personal guards which seem to confuse Jerome.

“Listen to me Jerome carefully. Mikki had been under a spell twice in less than a month. That short period of time will take a big impact to her mental health so if I was you, I’ll let Amber take the spell off her now!”

Jerome looked at me then to Mikki’s parents who nod their head and Mitch begs him to let Amber do her job. Hesitantly, he gave Mikki to Mitch who laid her on her bed where Amber is waiting for her. Amber gave me a quick nod while I nod to my guards. They quickly move and secure Jerome who starts trashing around but it become worse when Mikki’s body start to jerk around and she let out a piercing scream.

This time, Emma didn’t struggle to be close to her daughter. She only whimper and cried while Nathan and Mitch hold onto her but Jerome continues to curse at us and struggle off my guard’s grip.

When Mikki stops screaming and started to pant instead for air, Leo runs to Amber in time to catch her fall. He quickly places his forehead against Amber’s forehead and Amber let out a sigh of relief.

“What are they doing?” Lee asks

“Using ancient spells or countering a strong spell takes a lot of energy. If witches still haven’t found his or her mate they will be bed-resting for at least four days or a week but if they have found their mate, they can get their energy back faster by place their forehead against each other.” I explain.

“I don’t get why it has to be the forehead.”

“Third eye” That’s all I said before walking next to the bed to Mikki who blink a couple of times. “How are you feeling?”

“I f-feel tired.” She said. I look at my guard and they let Jerome go who run to Mikki’s side. “W-what are y-you d-doing h-here? W-when did y-you get h-here?” She stutters.

“Shhhh. Its okay baby, I’m here now and that’s wants matter. Just rest, okay?” Jerome said stroking her hair. Mikki smiles and nod quickly before closing her eyes.

“We should give does two a bit of privacy.” I said. Nathan and Mikki seem reluctant to leave but end up sighing in defeat and left. “She’s safe now.” I said to them which Emma nod and gave me a tight hug. “Thank you.” She whispers before leaving. Nathan nod to me with a smile before following his mate.

“Are you sure, she’s okay now?” Mitch said. I look behind me and look at Mitch sadly. “What is it? Come on tell me!”

“Your sister’s physical health won’t be the same anymore.” Amber answered for me instead. Leo had decided to carry Amber which I don’t blame him for because Amber is still in her weak form. “She’s been exposed to two different type of spell both old and powerful spells. That kind of spell is now forbidden due to the side effect of it and what worse is, the longer they are exposed to it, and the body can’t take it.”

“Can’t you do anything?” Mitch asks desperately. “They can’t do anything about it, Mitch. I’m sorry but the only time can tell.” I said to him sadly. “I’ll kill them all for what they did to my sister!” Mitch said through gritted teeth before walking off angrily.

“Cherry, that boy’s future is changing rapidly. You have to talk to him.” Amber said. “He had such great future before he changed his decision.”

“Don’t worry about it Amber. I’ll talk to him.” I reassure her before Leo brought her to the guest room where she’s been staying. “Come on, we need to find Mitch.” I said to Brian. When we found Mitch he was in the training room, roughly punching a sandbag before it explodes. “Mitch.” Mitch stops and looks at us. His expression softens.

“Come here, boy.” Brian said. Mitch obeyed him not only because Brian is my mate but also because Brian is his godfather. “I’ll leave you two to talk.” I said. “I’ll see you later, love.” Brian said to me before I close the door behind me.

I went straight to the office where I found Nathan. “How are thing going here?” I ask. Nathan and put hid face on his palm. “Not good. Rumours are flying around that we team up with bad hunters and we are traitor. Our spies said that the Council have now twice the same size as we do but our numbers had gone down rapidly after that rumours, some side with the Council while some just didn’t want to be part of the war. Thank god we haven’t discuss our plan yet or else they would now by now.” He said, frustrated.

“We should start training them with the Hemmings and start making plan this week.” I said to Nathan who nod and mumble an agreement before rubbing his temple. “I think it would be best for you to rest. We all tired and we have a day to prepare tomorrow too.” Nathan nod and starts to clear his desk. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

I got up and start to head to the door. “Cherry.” I stop just as I open the door. “Thank you for saving my daughter.” I smile and said, “You’re welcome.” Then I left him to clean up.

When I enter the house, darkness greeted me and for the first time in my life, I hated it the darkness. I switch the light in the living room before moving to the kitchen. I start to prepare dinner for five people but remember, there are only three of us here. Sighing, I put some away and start cooking.

Alexis came home just minutes after I finish cooking. “I’ll do the table.” She said and went straight to work. Five minutes later, Brian came home looking worn out. He didn’t say anything but he let out a sigh of relief when he sat down. We ate in silent and I notice how Alexis keep glancing at Gregg and Gil’s seats. “I miss them already. Dinner is more fun with them.” She said before she starts playing around with her food.

“You need to eat that. You’ll need all the energy for tomorrow.” Brian said. Alexis looks at him before she nods her head and starts to eat her food properly.

After dinner, Brian insists he’ll do the dishes and we should go to bed. Alexis let out a yawn before walking up the stairs like a zombie. “Goodnight honey.” I said giving him a kiss. “Goodnight my love.” He said before embracing me and kissing my forehead. “I won’t take long.” I nod my head and went upstairs and got change.

I wanted to wait for him but as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.

Time flew by much more quickly than I fear and I didn’t realise it until I felt it, the aura of millions of different kinds coming towards the pack house. Alexis run to me with fear in her eyes. “Can you feel them too?” She asks quietly but not as quiet as she thought as a lot of them stop what they are doing and look at us. “They’re earlier than we expected.”

I look at her and gave her a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry, I got a plan.” I told her, confidently but inside I was scared. Not because of how many packs sided with the Council but for the innocent lives that will die. “Now go tell Nathan that we’ll have a visitor tomorrow morning.” I said casually which earn a few sigh of relief from the people who heard our conversation but it didn’t change the fact that there are fear in their eyes.

I watch as Alexis run before I look at everyone else. “Listen up!” Everyone stops what they were doing and look at me. “Some changes had been made. It turns out; we’ll have our visitor tomorrow morning and not the day after.” The chatter started and a lot of the things I picked up are they are scared or think they are not ready. “Everyone please quiet down!” I order and they did what they were told. “Everyone here is ready; in fact you all did really well.

“It’s good to say that we’ll call it a day. I want you all to rest well and call your family.” I pause and they all look down. They knew what I’m going to say is possible to happen. “There are possibilities that some of us won’t come home to our family or we won’t see them anymore…” I trail off and took a deep breath. “Even if some of us didn’t come back, they will remember you as a hero. A hero who fight for what is right.”

Everyone nod their head in agreement and some even cheered. “I think we should have dinner together to remember a good time before the war!” Someone suggested. I smile and agreed, even though I haven’t asked Nathan, I knew he was planning one anyway. He always has this dinner to remember us in the first place anyway before a fight or a raid.

“I’ll inform you the time later on but I want you all to finish up what you are all doing and relax for the rest of the afternoon.” I said before taking my leave.

Just like I expected, Nathan had already plan where we were all going to share our last dinner together or for some people. The field not to far from the pack house was his location and everything had already been set up. I sent everyone a message through the mind-link about the location and the time.

I went home after talking to Nathan and found Brian and Alexis at the backyard just sitting there. I smile and took a sit next to Brian who put his arm around my shoulder. “I know I only been here for a couple of months but I’m going to miss this place.” Alexis said, sadly.

“We can still live here if you and your brother prefer.” Brian suggested.

Alexis snort and look at her dad with ‘are you kidding me?’ look. “I don’t think the crescent pack members are going to be happy with the constant asking permission to join the pack. Beside the humans are going to be really suspicious by then.” Alexis let out a chuckle. “I would prefer to have the old castle back than bother the Crescent pack.”

I nod in agreement and just watch the scenery in front of us. “Things won’t be the same after this, isn’t?” Brian said. I look at him and saw Alexis do the same but neither of us answered his question because we all knew the answer to that question.

The rest of the afternoon, we spent it laughing while talking to Gregg and Gil through the phone. They told us what they been up too and all their little adventure. By the time we finish talking to them; Nathan had called us for dinner. We said our goodbyes to them and told them how much we love them.

The dinner was the most fun we experience for the pass few weeks. Everyone were singing, laughing and chatting. Some were even dancing and performing stunt. At ten o’clock we said our goodnight to each other and wish each and everyone us, luck. We even pray to the goddess before left.

It was four in the morning when we heard a knock on the door. Brian was the one who got up and answered it. When he comes back, he told me breakfast is ready. I frown at him and all he said was, “Amber is giving them out with the other witches and fairies. They are also giving charms.”

By five we were all assembling at wide stretch of field about a mile or so from the town. We waited for them patiently and as if for dramatic entrance they showed up just as the sun was rising. I heard the twins snort and let out a mouthful of them showing off since we already knew they were already there at half pass five.

“Nathan, don’t be a fool! Your pack is always been one of the best! Don’t throw it away and said with the traitors!” Pablo, the head of the Council said as he stood in the in front with his head held high. “Beside, you guys are all out number anyway.”

“We already know that, so why don’t you just shut up!” I heard someone yell and I knew that voice is from an alpha. Pablo frown at him and was about to open his mouth when the same voice speaks up again, cutting him off. “No one cares about what you are going to say! We all know we will win so why don’t you and your servants just leave while you can!”

Pablo and the rest of the Council laugh and laugh at him. The only thing they were missing was rolling around the ground from all that laughing they were doing. “Boy, you think your little team can win! HA! We out number you not only with number but power too. We have the best of the best in our side than yours because no one want to side with the traitors!”

That’s when I laugh. I laugh so hard that I actually thought I was going to die. “Side with the traitors? That’s a good one Pablo.” I said, smirking at him while he glares at me. I look at everyone who can see me from their said and ask, “Do you really want to risk your life for the real traitors? The one who truly side with the people whose been hunting us for centuries and the one who commit a horrible sin to our kind?”

“You and your side are the traitors!” I heard one of them from their side yell and I saw Pablo and the other Council smirk at me like telling me that they already won.

“You are all fools!” I said my voice still calm even though I was raging inside. “The side you choose is the side that committed the biggest crime in our kind and that is to go against the Hemmings! The people who you treat high and mighty is the group they called themselves ‘the Council’ back in the days the Hemmings Castle still stood proudly.

They were the one who side with the traitors during that time and plan an attack. They attack the Hemmings when the King himself is fighting along side with the hunters that realise their ancestor’s mistake and wanted peace between our kind and their kind but part of their group refuse to have peace because they too wanted power just like the Council does and now they call themselves ‘the Leaders’. The hunters you see in our side are those hunters that wanted nothing but peace and they still do!

Secretly they had been trying to help us! Even when we capture them, we never use any kind of torture because they talk! They let us know what we need to know because in the beginning they were in our side but the ‘Leader’ isn’t!

Even if you win this war, another war will follow. A war for power between the Council and the Leader, so let me ask you again. Are you willing to fight your lives to the side of the traitors or spend the rest of your lives with your family and mate?”

Whispers followed at the other side and some look at the Council in doubt. “Don’t believe her! She doesn’t even know what she’s talking about!” Pablo yelled which shut up a few of them. “Beside how can you be so sure that that’s exactly happen to the Hemmings! It been centuries and everyone knows, no Hemmings survive!” A lot of them agree at what he said as some nod their head and a few even cheered.

“How would I know?” I let out a chuckle before I held my head high and smirk at Pablo. “I know because I am Lady-Lou Hemmings the direct descendant of the royal family and the Queen of all kind.” As soon as the words came out of my mouth, many of them gasp but not because I introduce who I am but because I let out my power out. “You may out number us by numbers but not by power because I am not the only one with the Hemmings blood standing here. I got the Luna pack on my side and the Midnight Pack. Now let me ask you again, are you willing to fight along side with the traitors?”

Chatters filled the air and Pablo tries to silent them but no one were. I watch in anticipation if my plan is going to work or not as I patiently wait for their final decision on whose side are they willing to fight for.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

223K 1.5K 5
Emma Rivers, Has a perfect life i mean almost perfect. Her family loved her, Her Mother and Father always supports her and her brothers Nate and Joh...
295K 11.2K 19
***COMPLETE*** Evangeline hated her life from the minute she was rejected. Little did she know that her life would take a turn for the better. Evange...
294K 7.8K 60
"You're in my territory now, princess, and you'll abide by my rules. Is that clear?" he whispered in my ear as he backed me against the wall, his han...
829K 30.4K 43
A/N: Just as a reminder. I am not a cliche person. I do do cliche topics but they all have a Rissa twist. Check it out, and I hope ya'll enjoy. _____...