Cinderella's Shoe (COMPLETED)

Per KatTaySummers

"Why?" She interrogated once they entered the room together, apprehensive about what she was inquiring and pe... Més

Important Teaser Quotes From The Book
Summary and Info
Acknowledgements
Introduction
Wolfie's Guide To Supernatural Creatures
Excerpt 1
Excerpt 2
Quote/Poem
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN: HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue: We Keep This Love In A Photograph
Cast and Credits
The Author's Note On Writing Cinderella's Shoe
where ive been

Chapter 9

2.1K 106 51
Per KatTaySummers

Chapter 9
Ariel.

Tonight was the night.

It would be a night to remember. The night we'd never ever forget. I couldn't wait to arrive, to see my friends and finally have a decent birthday party. A time where I could dance until my feet were bruised and sore, drink until my liver drowned, eat until my stomach exploded, and live my life to the fullest in this one night. The night of all nights. A night where I could potentially see if I have a soulmate, and meet him after all these years of wondering and waiting.

I had made my own dress and had only just managed to finish it in the nick of time. It was a short black and white dress (not too short so I looked slutty, but it wasn't too long so it looked like some Gothic wedding or funeral dress) so probably around knee-length, the entire look giving off a shirt and skirt vibe. The white top was small, with some intricate diamante beading added in elegant swirls and patterns. The black skirt was like a ballerina dress- it flowed out perfectly and lifted up a little when I twirled. It had silver sequins placed delicately to look the night sky, with a few pieces of red material under the skirt to give it a different look compared to the dresses the twin's had (yes, they had specifically asked for dresses related to Twilight- with the faces of Jacob The Jerk and Edward the Dick on the side).

My mask was just a plain black one that covered some of my forehead down to my nose. It had purple and black roses going up one side, and red roses going up the opposite side. Flecks of gold, red, and silver (them being rather Christmassy colours actually) were dotted onto it, changing to different colours in the light. There was also a comfortable black elastic band that was the perfect length to cover the circumference of my head, is easy to take off without any injuries or harm to myself in any way.

I carefully slipped my dress on, trying my hardest not to rip any of the delicate stitching I made. I used a little of whatever makeup I had, so when I looked in the mirror it looked natural and covered up any old scarring. The previous one from the side of my face from a few months ago when I found out anyone could go to The Alpha's Ball where my stepmother sliced my cheek with a silver knife, leaving a thin, marred scar on the dainty tissue. I quickly donned my mask and left the room.

I ventured down the spiral staircase, taking my time as not to catch the bottom of my dress on any of the nails sticking out of the floorboards, but hastening down the stairs in a suitable, quick fashion to reach them before they left. It was almost seven in the evening. They would leave for a half-hour journey to the place- with or without me. It wasn't like any of them cared or anything, as always. They never cared, and they most likely never would.

There they were, waiting and casually chatting away for their carriage to arrive (as everything was being done traditionally), not even caring to acknowledge my presence.

I decided to clear my throat, making them well aware of my presence as I saw them compliment the others. They turned and faced me, a look of sheer horror in their eyes.

Gracefully, I stepped elegantly down the stairs, and once I was down them and faced my stepmother once and for all.

"Well," she said.

I nodded my head and curtsied to her to show my manners.

"Ariel Black, I believe that you shall..." I was excited for this moment.

The anticipation of waiting for her message crushed me.

"Not be going to the ball!" She giggled at first and then began laughing maniacally.

What? I had worked so hard! I had behaved so well for once in my time with her ruling the household! Why couldn't I go?! Why?!

"W-W-What?!" I squeaked, my voice barely a whisper.

"Oh, you heard me right. You will not be going tonight! You will not be leaving this house in the slightest!" She chuckled again.

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because of what?"

It was soon enough that she got annoyed at my persistent questioning.

"BECAUSE!" Her sudden change in her tone of voice frightened me greatly. "YOU ARE NOT WORTHY! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY FOR ANYTHING!"

My eyes widened. Was she actually saying what I think she was? No, impossible!

But it was true.

She was telling me exactly what I thought.

"YOU. SHALL. NEVER. GO. TO. AN. ALPHA'S. BALL! NOT NOW, NOT EVER!" I gasped in pure horror, the shock taking the control of my senses.

How could she do this? It isn't right! If I couldn't go, how was I to determine who my mate could possibly be? How was I supposed to find him if he did exist? How was I supposed to be happy if I couldn't go to the event that he would most likely show up at in order to find me? Of course, this is on the hypothetical idea that he actually exists, but if he did... It scares me to even think about it in the slightest.

Marie and Georgie then stomped over to me in their poofy dresses and ridiculously high heels at her command and did one of the things I never expected them to ever do- especially with them being massive fashionistas. My long dress, the dress that had taken me weeks to prepare, was torn by the brats. Without showing remorse or any sort of guilt and regret, the ripped the ruffles and stitches clean off like a band-aid.

"Stop this! This isn't right!" A male voice spoke up in a frustrated manner.

Everyone turned to see a fuming Isaac rose with his fists clenched in anger.

"I beg your pardon?"

He said nothing, trying his hardest to contain his anger.

"Well, go on then Isaac. Tell us what you think." She egged him on.

I could tell he was dying at holding back, but he was failing. Terribly.

"Well?"

"You shouldn't do this! She's worked too hard for this for it to be taken away from her so easily! She has gone through every type of torture just to get in this position! You have no right-"

"Let me stop you there Isaac. Actually, I have all the rights in the world. I am very powerful as you know, so don't think I wouldn't hesitate to banish you from this household- even this pack if I must. You will forever be deemed as a rogue, so I would think twice before you defy me. Then again a few extra times, just in case."

That shut him up completely, and he lowered his head in submission. I couldn't blame him. At least, he tried. He tried to help me, and he would lose everything if he tried any harder. I couldn't fault him for that at all. I looked at everyone else in the room, and they weren't bothered one bit.

And guess what?

My stepfather did nothing, and when I looked over at him, he wore no emotion on his face. Mortified over the events of the past few minutes with the fresh tears rolling down my face like a gambler rolls the dice to win a bet, I did the next best idea which sounded perfect to me...

I ran.

I ran deep into the forest where I could easily find great comfort until I came across a dirt road and followed it, seemingly leading out into the middle of nowhere. What I came across, though, was something quite spectacular.

A golden carriage with snow-white horses and handsomely dressed footmen. A girl, with blue hair and pale eyes (almost white like doves), stood checking everything to ensure everything was perfect. I was in absolute awe, almost like a trance at the magical sight.

"There she is! Come on! You have to go!"

I didn't know she was referring to me until she started pointing her wand at me.

She was a witch. A powerful one at that.

And she was going to help me get to The Alpha's Ball successfully.

Fifteen to twenty minutes later...

"Your true friends will be the only people who will be able to recognize you," she told me, and I nodded my head that wore a bright smile on my face.

I wore a crystal white dress that sparkled in the moonlight. The dress had ruffles, was very elegant, and was definitely not suited for someone like me. It was similar to the dress I made, but this one screamed something else. It looked exactly like something that came out of a fairytale or like I was a royal princess, which was perfect because this was actually a fairytale masquerade theme.

I could swear she was going for a Cinderella look. On purpose too.

My black hair was pinned up elegantly in a bun, a few loose strands falling down just above my shoulders, curled elegantly.

My mask was a white feather mask similar to the black one I created but had more sections of gold on them. It was so beautiful, with gorgeous white roses going up the sides. I figured that the gold was to symbolize my wolf, as she had asked me before what colour my wolf was.

My makeup was light and looked natural- like it wasn't there at all. There no scars visible. My blue-green eyes stood out thanks to the eye shadow and mascara, a small blush on my cheeks.

I loved it! All of it!

I noticed that the shoes didn't fit me snugly and properly, but I suppose it would do. They were sparkly heels, the gold, and glitter shining in the light. The pair had two crisscross straps on them, not too tight for my feet to suffocate, but also with an open toe showing off my newly manicured (by the magic, I presumed) nails. It took me a few seconds to realize the material they were made of.

"They're made of..." I trailed off, still in utter shock.

"Yes. They're really comfortable too, aren't they?"

"But how did you-"

"Magic, dear. Now, onto your terms and conditions."

"OK." I still couldn't believe that all of this was even happening.

"Right. Have fun, dear, but please be safe. Oh, and be back here for, at least, one. Or before your family arrives so we can change you back."

I nodded and thanked her, she opened the door for me, and I hopped into the prepared carriage and drove away.

"Ariel Black, I believe that you shall..."

"Yes?"

"You shall be going to the ball!"

With that, the carriage sped off into the night.

I was excited for what the rest of tonight, my birthday, in fact, would hold.

And I simply couldn't wait for the series of events set out before me...

Ananananananananannana!

This is supposed to be an update from yesterday, so I'll do the next chapter for you now 😄

Hope you're enjoying your day or night😄😄😘😘

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

1.1M 39.3K 76
"Why, Alpha?" he had sat down right next to her when he arrived, and now she leaned closer to him so that their lips were only inches apart. He could...
Two Worlds Per

Homes llop

40.1K 1.4K 35
In a world where the supernatural live separate from the humans, some live with us but they mostly live in their own worlds. The Royals had a devasta...
14.3K 221 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
392K 14.1K 52
"Have you found her yet?!" a man sitting on chair asks impatiently. "No, my lord," the soldier says bowing his head. "Well what are you doing here th...