Two Can Play This Game

By PoetsGarden

Revenge and Vengeance were Rebecca Cohen's new motto. After her boyfriend of one year dumped her, she decides... More

Chapter 1: Cheater
Chapter 2 - Knocked Out
Chapter 3 - Bad Boy
Chapter 4 - Seriously?
Chapter 5 - The Notebook.
Chapter 6- Masked Runner.
Chapter 7 - Boy's Locker Room
Chapter 8 - Double Date.
Chapter 9 - Strip
Chapter 10 - Romeo & Juliett
Chapter 11 - Hormones
Chapter 12 - Fun Games
Chapter 13 - My Girlfriend
Chapter 14 - Partially Kidnapped
Chapter 15 - It Doesn't Count
Chapter 16 - Touchdown
Chapter 17 - Sleepover
Chapter 18 - Fighter
Chapter 19 - New Hair Cut
Chapter 20 - Damage & Comfort
Chapter 21 - Girls Day Out
Chapter 22: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 23: The Big Game

Chapter 24: Parties & First Meetings.

8.8K 321 142
By PoetsGarden

[S] It hurts to see Ryan and Rebecca growing up... soon enough I'm going to have to say goodbye to them and I don't want too. I have character attachment. I feel like I'm going to miss them so much I'm seriously debating writing a sequel. Should I??

(I was meaning to make this connected to the last chapter & I have no clue what made me think otherwise but now It just doesn't feel right connecting alongside the original Chapter 24.. so this is a little cut and then the chapters will be organized. Enjoy and try not to kill me.)

_____________________

The cab pulled up to a very posh and proper neighborhood and stopped in front of the house in the middle of the street. The dark green house - well more like small mansion if we're being technical- with a roundabout driveway, eight huge windows with navy shutters and in the middle sat a circular garden with a small tree in the middle. Well someone was obsessed with all about bragging about their money, I thought. There were two cars parked in the driveway and a couple waiting at the door for us. I heard Ryan take a deep breath before paying the taxi driver and stepping out with me right behind him. The woman was dressed in a matching pastel blouse, cardigan and pencil skirt with a blond bob cut, everything about the way she stood so properly to her clothing screamed stuck up. Beside her was almost a replica of Ryan, Rick Atwood stood tall and broad with darkened blonde hair that was seemed to be thinning and similar blue eyes to Ryan. Unlike his wife, he was dressed in jeans and a buttoned down shirt.

"Ryan." Greeted his father; once we made our way to the front door.

Ryan nodded in acknowledgement, "Hey dad." Then as an afterthought he added, "You to Connie."

"Hello Ryan, who's your friend?"Asked Connie as her cat like eyes zeroed onto me.

Taking that as my cue to speak, I stretched my hand out and introduced myself," Hello Mr. and Mrs. Atwood, I'm Rebecca Cohen."

"My girlfriend." With that stated, Ryan threw his arm around my shoulders.

Rick Atwood's attention was now also focused on me as a grin broke out onto his face, "Cowgirl?" He asked.

"That's me sir." I gave him a smile back, happy he had remembered the little nickname he made up for me when I was younger.

Connie looked from me to her husband and a look of confusion crossed her face," Darling you know Ryan's girlfriend?"

"Of course, I've known her since she was a little thing in her mama's tummy. She's Jill and Chris's daughter. Remember my best friend Chris." He answered with a sympathetic look toward me, to which I gave him a strained smile at the mention of my father.

Connie nodded slowly, obviously not remembering but Ryan's dad spoke again," How did my son catch a sweetheart like you? Last time I saw ya'll two you couldn't sit in the same room together without a brawl breaking out."

"With his charm and patience of sitting through my sappy chick flicks I gave up." I responded with a fake admiring look at Ryan.

Rick nodded with a grin on his face and then he grabbed Ryan's shoulder and said, "I'm proud of you son. You got yourself a real catch." Connie was still standing with a smile on her face, but I saw a vein twitch in her jaw at Rick's words.

"Thanks dad and I know I do." Was Ryan's reply as he pulled me closer to his side. Was he possibly happy at his father's words? Well I hoped he was.

For a minute we all kind of just stood there starring and smiling awkwardly at each other, well until Ryan took his hand off of my shoulder and clapped them together, "Well you've met Rebecca now and you approve of her so we would like to get ready before the party. We'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright we shall be leaving soon, Ryan remember please no fighting to insure the cops do not come to our house like the past year. Our neighbors begin to question how we raise our children when such things happen, and we wouldn't want anyone thinking your mother didn't raise you to your full potential."Connie said in a sickening sweet voice. She was practically mocking Ryan and his mother, also trying to embarrass him.

Since I stood beside Ryan, I felt his hands clench into fists and before he could say something to the horrid woman standing at the door, I said, "Of course not, now what would the neighbors think of your parenting if the cops were called because of your son fighting. Poor decorum is what they'll say and we wouldn't want that." The innocent look on my face made it seem like I assumed she called Ryan her son, when in reality I was directing the comment toward her bastard of a son.

The blonde devil's lips thinned before she bit out, "Exactly. Rick let's go." Adjusting her purse on her shoulder, she walked toward the slick black car and went right into the passenger seat.

Rick glanced at his wife and then back to Ryan and I,"Behave. I trust you Becca, keep my boy out of trouble."

Tipping an imaginary cowboy hat, I said, "Of course sir."

"We'll be back tomorrow morning so goodbye for now." With one last smile, he walked over to the car and soon enough they drove away from the house.

"She's annoying. How do you come here every year and not poison her food?" I asked Ryan's retrieving back since he had already walked inside the house.

Chuckling, he turned to me and said, "I like to think of how she has my dad's pride and dignity locked in a cage locked with a deadbolt. It makes me feel good that he suffers her shit every single day."

"That sounds like it'll help thinking about." I honestly said. The thought seemed to make me feel bad for Rick Atwood but then again he deserved everything he received in life. It was bad karma for cheating on Aunt Quinn and leaving Ryan without a father or a role model.

Leading both of us to the kitchen and handing me a coke, he sat in front of me at the island table in the middle of the large kitchen and began explaining what was going to happen, "So the guys are gonna be coming in five minutes, Joe just texted me. The guys and I will be in the living room either playing games or watching TV. You, Star, Damon and Derek's girlfriend could use your room for whatever you need to get ready. The cheerleaders will all stay on the ground floor and get ready here or they'll be out still shopping for the party."

"Sounds good but I really hope the cheersluts don't come until the party finishes. Can we send them the wrong address?" I asked innocently.

Rolling his eyes, he got up and flicked my arm, "No Rebecca because they're the ones that are contacting people to come to the party."

"Ow!" I cried before flicking him back, "Don't flick me."

Before he could respond, a car horn blared from outside, "Oh look it's the guys, gotta run." He took that as a chance to run away from me eventually beating him.

Following right after Ryan I stood beside him at the door as the bus and Damon's car pulled up onto the driveway. In the little amount of time I had before everyone came out, I flicked Ryan and watched in glee as he groaned and rubbed the now sore spot. Everyone stepped out and practically gaped at the house. It was pretty huge and different from the houses from our town so I couldn't blame their reactions. Though I personally thought they should save that gaping for when they walk into the house. It was all chandeliers, paintings that reeked money, elegant furniture everywhere you turned and marble flooring. The only person who wouldn't show any amount of emotion on his face was the always brillant, Micheal 'Cheater' Harris. Ryan let out a loud whistle to snap them all out of the trance the house had placed.

"Okay starring time is over how about you guys actually come inside?" He yelled.

The football team nodded and chuckled as they literally ran like a herd of cattle into the house and I would be lying if I said I didn't let out a girlish screech when one of them almost rugby tackled me into the ground. Thankfully Ryan pulled me behind him around the same second I almost became a stepping mat. My friends -unlike Ryan's scary team mates- walked in calmly dragging my suitcase behind them. Star alongside Joe were simply grinning at Ryan and I whilst Damon walked around the house in awe, touching everything he could get his hands on. The last person to walk inside was Michael and he quietly walked toward the rest of the team and obviously attempted to ignore me. Which I sure didn't even mind a single bit but I did feel my stomach get uneasy when he turned to me and gave me his regretful face. Well it was his fault, he didn't know what he had until he lost it. And to his rival at that matter.

"This is my dream house, Ryan if your father dies and leaves the house to you I'm begging you to pass it to me." Said Damon; completely oblivious to the fact that he just told Rick Atwood's only son that he couldn't wait until his father kicked the bucket.

Ryan just laughed at the comment, "It'll be my pleasure."

"Come on now Becca, we have to get ready for the party in a couple hours." He didn't even give me a chance to protest because with a grab at my arm, Damon dragged me behind him up the stairs. Star was following behind us pulling the suitcase behind her.

Damon then began opening doors to check which room was empty for me to claim as mine and of course, his styling room. Eventually we found an empty room beside the bathroom and quickly went inside. Shutting the door behind us, I placed my suitcase on top of the twin bed and opened it and began to search for something to wear. Damon had his backpack and Star her tote bag, they pulled out their chosen outfits before also pulling out hair products, makeup and shoes. For a second I felt like a portable salon and mini mall until Damon scolded me for lingering instead of picking up an outfit. So while they organized the things we'd be needing, I asked them where Kylie was and they told me that she had gone out with Derek to celebrate his win and shall be back at the time of the party and for me to stop talking and start dressing.

Looking through the clothes I packed, I chose to wear a pair of  black jeans, dressy shirt with a sleeveless jean vest and I matched it with a pair of simple ballet flats. The dress wasn't too revealing and if it showed too much, that's what the jean vest covered so I set it aside; proud I chose my outfit quickly. Star had chosen a pair of high waisted shorts and a cute nautical tank top to match meanwhile Damon chose a pair of his fitted black jeans matching with a button down black shirt and a shark tooth necklace -god only knows why he chose the necklace- but I let him be. Once the outfits were chosen and put on, hair was next. I could have sworn I was seated for almost an hour just so I could get some curls in my usually straight hair. By eight o'clock, everyone was dressed and ready in the house and the party had begun and when I went to check on the guys, Michael and Ryan were both bruise free and in different ends of the room. Kylie and Drake arrived a couple minutes after the first guests came and I can't lie, I winked at her ruffled hair and pointed to her neck with a raised brow to which she blushed and attempted to adjust her hair to cover the mark.

______

For the first time in all of my high school years I had to admit I was having the best time at a party even though there wasn't much party experience to compare too because I only started to go to parties since I stared "dating" Ryan but I was sure this was the best. The music was blaring, people were dancing and enjoying themselves, bodies were so close you couldn't even tell where one begun and the other ended but despite all those great and scarring things, I was happy because the entire team including my ex, my best friends and Ryan were enjoying the party like no other. Sure I had some anger issues and maybe even slight amount of hatred to Michael but I knew he was as happy as Ryan and it meant to him just as much so I'd allow him to be happy today. Even Damon who usually would have annoyed me to do something or another was leaving me alone and dancing with Kylie whenever Derek was up being the DJ.

For a majority of the party I was basically just jumping around and having fun without a care in the world but for one song I got as insane as some of the cheer sluts and it was mainly because whenever this song came on I felt the inner ratchet person of me just come out and say hello to the world for about three minutes . Well I mean how can they expect to play my favorite booty popping music and have me not dance. Let's just say I got down, ass shaking and all that which only got Star to join to Ryan and Joe's excitement. Some people did stare, some people laughed and some cheered but in the end I was having fun so I didn't care.

"That's my girl." Shouted Ryan with a grin on his face as he pointed to me.

Shaking my head at him with a small smile on my face, I went over to where he stood and pulled him into the crowded living room turned dance floor. I then proceeded to dance with him for a couple songs, his arms wrapped around my waist and me grinding like a sex crazed hormonal girl on him. I personally blamed the adrenaline of wining the game and getting way into a song on this new crazy Rebecca. So for twenty minutes I continued to dance with Ryan but eventually the heat got to me meaning a drink was needed. Pulling away from the dancing crowd I made my way into the kitchen and then directly toward the fridge grabbing myself an ice cold coke bottle which I basically downed in less then a minute. Fanning myself and leaning against the door to the patio, I breathed in some fresh air and was about to walk away until I heard the drawl of a familiar voice. Nate Daniels.

"So you guys know what to do right?" He asked whomever was there.

Keeping my back pressed straight against the wall, I quietly listened,"Yeah, Violet's gonna go innocently dance with him and then sneak the bag of coke into his pocket. Once she reports to me I send word to you and you call the cops innocently talking about a drug dealer at your party." Answered an unknown voice.

Nate chuckled and said,"That piece of shit won't know what hit him. It'll teach him not to mess with us Long Ridge boys."

I had no clue who they were talking about until the unknown one spoke again,"Ryan Atwood you fucked with the wrong guys."

I obviously didn't move an inch in case they possibly were to see me until they walked away and I stepped out from behind the door. Taking a deep breath, I made my way back into the living room and I could have sworn the room had just gotten ten times more crowded and finding Ryan at this point was going to be slightly harder. So the hunt for him had began with me pushing people and attempting not to scream from all the groping and touching that happened to me 'accidentally' as I pushed through and when I finally found him, he was in the middle of the crowd dancing with a dark haired girl in a purple shirt that she probably assumed was a dress. Keeping a close eye on the girl, I saw her arms wrap around Ryan's waist and to the normal eye it just looked like a grop fest but if you paid attention you could see she placed a small Ziploc bag into his back pocket.

Just as I was going to move toward Ryan; Star, Kylie and Damon pulled me into the other side of the living room complaining about how I hadn't danced with them. Which was entirely not true because I had only left them maybe half an hour ago but I figured I still had more time until Nathan called the cops. There was no way he was going to call them while his friends who seemed drunk were also in the house and had a high risk of getting arrested. 'I'll go check on him when everyone leaves, now I should just enjoy myself'  I told myself.  I then went back to just dancing with my friends, laughing and making sure I didn't drink any alcoholic drinks for when the cops come later. 

----

"Have a safe trip back loves and don't forget if I'm even a day late copy notes for me." I said as I continued to hug Star, Kylie and Damon who all hugged me back for a full thirty seconds before pulling away.

"We love you, stay safe and okay don't worry about school enjoy." Whispered Star and Damon when Kylie pulled away and waved goodbye as she ran to catch up with Drake. The entire had already tackled me in hugs and told me their farewells before my close friends.

"I love you more, I'll stay safe and don't joke around Star. You're getting notes from the people in my classes." I replied back in my stern teacher voice. No way was I going to let Ryan's influence came and mess up my school work.

"Okay, I will I promise."

Star, Joe and Damon all waved goodbye one more time at me before getting into the car behind the bus that began moving.This was the first time we'd all be separated for longer than a day and I knew it was going to suck not to have my two best friends to run to if anything happens while I'm at the Atwood house. Now instead of being five minutes away, they were miles away.  I kinda just stood there for a while waving one last time to the bus as it left my sight. Turning back to the house, I realized a lot of people from our side had gone home since it was three a.m but Nate's friends and some girls were still left.

It wasn't as crowded as it was before but it wasn't practically empty, and once I felt my stomach churn; I knew something bad was going to happen. Running back into the house, I began looking for Ryan to rid him of the unknown drugs in his back pocket but I couldn't find him anywhere. I did happen to see Nate order his friends to begin cleaning up and then he pulled out his phone and only dialed three numbers which made my heart beat faster.

Where the hell was Ryan?

Moving as quickly as my feet could take me, I ran upstairs and began opening every door that wasn't locked and every single one came out empty with no trace of Ryan. Once I had checked the entire top floor, I ran back down but instead of seeing Nate's group of friends, I only saw him, the boy and the girl named Violet. When I heard the cop sirens, I looked around nervously and only was greeted with the three strangers who smiled innocently and gave me a friendly but fake wave. Taking deep breaths and watching quietly -from behind the stairs- as Nate went to open the door and he was greeted with two officers.

"We received a call indicating a selling of illegal substances from this house." Said the blonde officer.

Nate nodded and replied, "Yes officers, I threw a party to raise the spirits of the Long Ridge high school and some guy from the Ridgeway team was angry and began passing out illegal substances to the minors even slipping them into unknowing people."

"Can you show me where this young man is?" Asked the other officer. 

To which Nate nodded and pointed to the backyard, "Yes he's in the backyard." 

Slowly making my way backwards, I waited until I was out of sight and bolted for it to the backyard and surely there was Ryan coming back from the gate to the driveway. The police officers voices became closer and without a second thought I ran towards him and tackled him to the ground in one swift jump. He fell to his side and I took the opportunity forcefully pressing my body onto his as my hands wandered to his waist and quickly took the drugs from his pocket. He wouldn't have noticed it because he was trying to breathe as I crushed him in my death lock of a hug mumbling about how I had missed my friends leaving. I then rolled on top of him and pulled up for air and sneakingly placed the Ziploc bag into my pants as I smiled innocently.

We didn't have the chance to say anything because I heard a cough from behind us, which made us pull apart and stand up. The officers turned to Nate and asked, "Is this him?"

"Yes that's him." 

The officer nodded and then turned his attention back to Ryan, " Sir we need to check you for the harboring and selling of illegal substances to minors."  

"Excuse me! I have no drugs nor have I ever sold any." exclaimed Ryan already sending death glares to Nate.

"Well then you wouldn't mind a routine checkup and a drug test." 

Ryan stiffened and clenched his fist and hissed, "No I wouldn't."

While Nate stood there with a smug smile, the officers tested Ryan, made him walk in a straight line, asked him a ton of questions, gave him a pat down and then seemed to notice that he was not harboring nor selling any drugs. The officers were just ready to leave and then Nate pointed toward me and then I was forced to intake questions because apparently I could have been an 'accomplice'. "

"Well it seems there must be a mistake because this young man is not even slightly intoxicated nor has any drugs in his system. Maybe you just assumed it was him when it could have been someone similar." The officer explained to Nate who was nodding along as if accepting that he made a mistake but I could see the hatred in his eyes. 

Just as they were leaving, I began to follow and the bag inside my pants made a noise to which everyone turned to me, "Ma'am may I ask what was that noise?"

"Maybe she could be hiding the drugs inside her pants."  Said Nate.

I rolled my eyes at him and bluntly lied, "No  I'm not hiding any drugs in my underwear. It's my pad, I'm on my period or would you like to check for yourselves if it was my pad that moved and made a noise because they do that."

My reply sure made the officers cheeks turn a bit pink and one of them coughed nervously, "No It's okay. You kids have a good night and stay safe."  And with that brilliant piece of advice they finally left.

Ryan took that as a sign to leave, informing me that he's going to go shower and then pass out and that left me alone with Nate. I told Ryan I'd see him tomorrow morning and blew him a kiss just because Nate was standing there alone while his friends were somewhere inside the rest of the house. Walking up to him and getting up in his face, I used my scariest tone and warned, "If you dare attempt something like that you'll regret it for the rest of you life."

"I'm not scared of a little harmless girl like you." He chuckled as he pushed me to the side.

Side stepping him, I snarled, "You should be little Nate. My mom is the chief of policemen and trust me the cops will always believe me before you in a blink of an eye. Just keep that in mind for the future because I have no problem insuring an asshole like you gets his time in jail." and with that last warning I turned my back on him and went upstairs. When I glanced back at him, I could see him trying to play it off as if he wasn't scared but his stiff stance and  blazing eyes told it all.

Damn right he should be scared of me because if he ever tried that stunt again, I would make sure he'd have a nice room in the Ridgetown county jail. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9M 1.1M 38
Is it possible for a bad boy to be your saving grace? Well for Farrah Bryant it was. After she finds out her boyfriend of six months has been cheatin...
466 5 14
When player, Ryan Tyler meets the clever Sam Reyes, he's sure he can make her his next target...too bad she knows all too well about heartbreak and k...
601K 6.4K 37
Jase was a player, Aimee your average girl. Aimee fell for Jase big time and gave him one thing she'll never get back. Her virginity. Just as Aimee i...
161K 3K 20
Leah had the perfect life, she just gave her virginity to her boyfriend, Jacob Cooper, the hot shot of the school, her parents are madly in love, she...