The Girl at The Bakery

By nniepersaud

❝Thank you so much, what's your name?❞ The handsome dark brown haired guy who finally notices me asks. ... More

Ch. One
Ch. Three
Ch. Four
Ch. Five
Ch. Six
Ch. Seven
Ch. Eight
Ch. Nine
Ch. Ten
Ch. Eleven
Ch. Twelve
Ch. Thirteen
Ch. Fourteen
Ch. Fifteen

Ch. Two

7.6K 275 26
By nniepersaud

Chapter Two

I was walking to the grocery store and a black Audi pulled up beside me. And instantly knew it was Peter.

"Where are you going in this kind of weather?" He asks me curiously.

I scoff at his fake concern.

"Just to the grocery store. I need to get some things for my apartment." I tell him not sure why I did.

He then put his engine on park and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Well either I'm walking with you. Or you're going to hop in and let me drive you to the store." He explained.

"You're really stubborn you know that right?" I ask annoyed.

He smirks at me then starts his engine again.

"Yeah that's usually how I get what I want in life." He explains nonchalantly.

I roll my eyes and walk around the car and get in the passenger's seat.

He then started to drive. And when he stopped at a red light five minutes later he finally talks.

"So why do you walk everywhere anyways?" He asks looking at me for a moment.

"My car is in the shop." Was all that I told him.

"Oh, why?" He asks.

I immediately stiffened. It's because of him. That my car is in the shop. So to avoid talking about him, I come up with a simple reply.

"Something just needed fixing, that's pretty much it." I lied. It's more like five things.

Peter then starts driving again and nods his head in understanding.

*~*

He pulled up to a parking spot and put his car on park and turned off the engine.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I have to buy some food too for my apartment." He explains.

This made me shocked.

"You live in an apartment too?" This just makes me wonder about him.

He looks at me and smiles then shakes his head and we both get out.

"Yeah, but I live there all by myself and on the other side of town." He says.

I nod my head and we both walk in to Publix.

"So I'll just meet you in front of my car." He says grabbing a basket.

While I grabbed a shopping cart.

"No it's fine. I can walk home." I tell him quickly.

"It's cute how you think that I'm going to let you walk home." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes. Then we both separate into different sections.

*~*

We pull up in front of the bakery, and I got out and so did Peter.

"What are you doing now?" I ask him annoyed.

He then pops open his trunk and grabs two of my bags.

"Helping you put these inside. I'm assuming you live above this bakery yeah?" He asks me.

I frowned then looked down.

"It wasn't supposed to be that obvious to anyone." I whispered.

I then felt a hand on my shoulder. And I looked up at Peter's frown.

"I don't care about the apartment above the bakery. I just care about the girl at the bakery." He explains.

I nod then grab the rest of my groceries and lead the way into the bakery. When we got inside, I led him to the back double door and up the stairs.

"There was hardly any customers." He says while having a view of my butt most likely.

"We aren't that busy on the weekends, just the weekdays." I inform him.

We walked up to my apartment door and I unlocked it then let him in first but he refused and let me go first instead.

"Do live here by yourself?" He asks while closing the door.

"No, my friend Mai lives here too. But she's on a lunch break with her date." I tell him.

He nods then follows me into the kitchen and places the bags down on the empty counter.

"Uh, so can I have your number?" He blurts out nervously.

"Now why would you want that?" I ask him.

"Because like I mentioned in the note that you aren't invisible to me." Peter says looking deeply  at me.

"And I want to show you that I'm the one that pays attention to you." He continues.

I look at him, and think.

"How about I'll let you know in class on Tuesday." I tell him.

He smirks and nods.

"Okay." He says.

Then grabs my hand and kisses it then let's go of it.

"Until then." He smiles then walks out of my apartment.

*~*

I put the closed sign on the door and then locked the door and shut off the bakery lights then walked out to the kitchen and cleaned up, and then I turn off the kitchen light and I heard a knock and it was Mai.

I ran to the door and opened it for her, and she was crying.

"Mai what happened!?" I ask her locking the door again.

"I was going to call the police! Where were you?" I asked irritated,

She was supposed to be back by two thirty and it's six o'clock now.

"It's Rick. He uh took me to his place and I kept telling him I had to come back to the bakery." She starts.

"But he insisted, so I agreed to go for a little while because he was hot. So we uh had sex and he told me have a nice day. But he has to go. Then I caught him talking on the phone with a different woman asking her to come over to his place." She sobs.

I gasp. And pull her in a hug.

"Mai you deserve someone better than him. Trust me." I tell her softly.

She sniffles and nods.

"Okay, so how was the shop?" She asks wiping her nose.

I smile at her.

"Great. I had five customers after the ones you had last." I inform her.

She nods.

"Cookie dough time?" I ask.

"Cookie dough time." She says.

Cookie dough time basically means that if one of us deals with heart break, then we both make chocolate chip cookies and eat the leftover cookie dough while the cookies are baking and we just sit down and watch chick flicks.

*~*

"The cookies are in." I say.

She then sat on the couch. And I walked over to her with two spoons of cookie dough one for me and one for her.

"Thank you." She says once I handed her the spoon of cookie dough.

"You're welcome." I say.

Then we watched She's the Man and had cookies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 9 10
Moving to Worcestershire from London so far the best idea of Elizabeth's life. Bought a small house, not rented. Actually bought. Nothing to do excep...
90.2K 2.5K 21
[Wattys 2019] MRCB»My Roommate Calls Me BabyGirl 💋| E X T R A C T Hayden pinned me against the wall, his muscular arms...
498K 10.6K 31
"Your sarcasm is cute, but you don't have to use it so often." He was smiling. "This is a pretty open place to meet your student." "Which is true."...
11.3K 441 38
"So, let me get this straight," I looked at him weirdly, raising my hands slightly in exclamation. "You like me?!" I asked him in disbelief. "Like or...