Ch. Two

Chapter Two

I was walking to the grocery store and a black Audi pulled up beside me. And instantly knew it was Peter.

"Where are you going in this kind of weather?" He asks me curiously.

I scoff at his fake concern.

"Just to the grocery store. I need to get some things for my apartment." I tell him not sure why I did.

He then put his engine on park and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Well either I'm walking with you. Or you're going to hop in and let me drive you to the store." He explained.

"You're really stubborn you know that right?" I ask annoyed.

He smirks at me then starts his engine again.

"Yeah that's usually how I get what I want in life." He explains nonchalantly.

I roll my eyes and walk around the car and get in the passenger's seat.

He then started to drive. And when he stopped at a red light five minutes later he finally talks.

"So why do you walk everywhere anyways?" He asks looking at me for a moment.

"My car is in the shop." Was all that I told him.

"Oh, why?" He asks.

I immediately stiffened. It's because of him. That my car is in the shop. So to avoid talking about him, I come up with a simple reply.

"Something just needed fixing, that's pretty much it." I lied. It's more like five things.

Peter then starts driving again and nods his head in understanding.

*~*

He pulled up to a parking spot and put his car on park and turned off the engine.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I have to buy some food too for my apartment." He explains.

This made me shocked.

"You live in an apartment too?" This just makes me wonder about him.

He looks at me and smiles then shakes his head and we both get out.

"Yeah, but I live there all by myself and on the other side of town." He says.

I nod my head and we both walk in to Publix.

"So I'll just meet you in front of my car." He says grabbing a basket.

While I grabbed a shopping cart.

"No it's fine. I can walk home." I tell him quickly.

"It's cute how you think that I'm going to let you walk home." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes. Then we both separate into different sections.

*~*

We pull up in front of the bakery, and I got out and so did Peter.