Cupid's Arrow ✔

By yuktsakaria

Meet Chloe Wilson, she's like any other girl- funny, nerd, sweet, keeping sarcasm as her middle name, but she... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 10

52.6K 1.9K 344
By yuktsakaria

Chapter 10

**

Today is the day. Oh my God! I'm so excited. Today is Friday and according to Leah, today we are going to execute our prank. I was so excited that I couldn't even sleep at night. I can only imagine Ryan's face after he sees his car. If anyone would do anything to my baby, then I would cut their balls and shove it up their butt. Even though I wasn't at the age of driving according to the laws, but in my town once we get our learning license, we are able to drive around.

I woke up pretty early today. At this moment, I was sitting with my parents and eating breakfast. Occasionally, I would let out giggles while reading the text that are being boosting my phone since morning. My parents would pass me weird looks, asking if I'm okay. But I would only give them a smirk and continue eating my cereal.

Suddenly, Mom banged her spoon on the table. Startled by her sudden action, Dad and I looked at her to see if she's gone crazy or something.

With a frustrated sighed she said, "Spill, young lady." While looking at me. My eyes widened at her reaction. Spill what? My cereal?

"Spill what Mom? Cereal?" I asked looking at my bowl with confusion. I stirred my food looking to see if something is wrong with it.

Now, it was her turn to look at me as if I'm gone crazy. "Why would I ask you to spill your cereal, Chloe?" She glared at me. If only looks could kill.

"I don't know, Mom." I looked at my Dad for some help. He only shrugged.

"You're so gullible. Are you this crazy from birth or did you hit your head somewhere." She asked. What!? What did I do? Wasn't she with me since my birth? This woman is really crazy.

"Mom, I didn't hit my head anywhere and I'm not gullible," I muttered under my breath. "I don't understand what you're telling me to spill," I replied.

"Oh my god! What will happen to this family if I'm not there," she said to herself. I just rolled my eyes. Drama queen. "By spill I meant, what has got you so excited? Because you're giggle like a teenager."

Oh, my bad. Am I that oblivious?

"Firstly Mom, I am a teenager." At this, she rolled her eyes. "Secondly nothing got me too excited and third you should be a bit more specific about what to spill. You made me confuse." At the last one, she gave a flat look. What?

"Generation these days," she muttered to herself, but loud enough for us to hear. I looked at dad to see him trying to control his laughter. I don't know how he manages to stays with my mum. I mean he could get any other women. You must be wondering what I'm talking about.

Well you see, he isn't my real Dad. He is my step father. Shocking, I know. But he treats us– Liam and I as his real kids and we also treat him as our real father, so it doesn't matter. We love each other very much. No hard feelings involved.

"So you are telling me you're not excited." I shook my head. "Chloe Marry Wilson, are you pregnant?" She bluntly asked.

My eyes widened and my jaws were buried under my house, inside the ground, six feet under. Dad started coughing his cereal. He took a sip of water and stared at my mother.

She really has gone crazy. Please someone take her to a freaking hospital.

"What!?" Dad and I shouted. "I'm not pregnant," I shouted while dad said, "She is not pregnant."

"Then why are you so excited," she narrowed her eyes at me.

Still recovering from shock, I said, "If I was pregnant, I wouldn't be excited Mom."

"Th-then-" she started.

"No way. Spare me this horrifying conversation," I said, raising my hands to cover my ears as I closed my eyes and shook my head from side to side.

How could she think I'm...I'm...Oh God! How did we even come to the topic?

I got up from my chair and practically ran out of the house towards my car. I unlocked the door and speed towards my school, hoping to forget this conversation.

Pregnant? Oh God!

At the red light, I stopped my car and removed my phone from my bag and texted the only person who could remove me from this misery.

SOS. Meet me at the tree in the garden of our school. I'm on my way.

As the light turned green, I took off and reached school. I parked my car and hurried to the garden. As I came near, I saw her leaning against the tree, texting on her phone.

As I walked close enough for her to hear me, she kept her phone in her bag and stood straight. She raised an eyebrow looking at me. "What's wrong?" Ashley asked.

"Mom thinks I'm pregnant," I blurted out.

"What!?" She stood shock. Same expression Ash, you got same expression as me.

"Yeah." I said and explained her everything that happened during breakfast.

After completing my story, there was a moment of silence until Ashley broke it, laughing. She started laughing like crazy. Everyone's gone crazy today.

"W-what? M-my G-God! Sh-she thinks you're..you're, oh my God." She laughed harder, tears running down her face. I groaned and buried my head in my hand, blushing from embarrassment. My face felt so warm that if you keep bread on it, it would toast black.

I'm sure I looked like a tomato. Ashley continued laughing until I kicked her leg.

"Ow! What the hell, Chloe?" She grabbed her leg and started hopping from one place to place. I smiled sweetly at her.

"What? I didn't do anything." I batted my eyelashes while she glared at me.

She huffed. "Whatever."

My smile faltered and I gave her a serious face and said, "You can't tell this to anyone, okay?"

"Why do think that?" She questioned, challenging.

"Because if you open your mouth, I might slip something about you and Jaso-"

"Okay okay, I won't tell anyone about it. You keep your mouth shut," she said, blushing. How cute!

"But you have to tell me what's going on," I told her seriously.

"Yeah. I will, but not here. Later, okay?" I nodded my head and stuck my hand out for her to shake.

"Deal." We smiled at each other. When we were small we would always make a deal about anything. It's our way to know that we can rely on each other.

"Hey, guys." We heard Leah. She came our way with a big grin on her face. "Are we ready for today?" We nodded our head. "I even told Beth about it. She told me to give her all the details about it. Anyway, where's Laura?"

We shrugged our shoulder. I looked to the side and saw Laura coming our way with a big grin of her own.

"Hey, guys. Ready?" She asked. We nodded. "We have to do it in lunch break so that while going home everyone can see our handwork." Again we nodded. "Good. Anyway, Chloe?"

"Yeah?" I looked at her.

"Why are you all red?" She asked. I groaned loudly as Ashley started laughing again. I shook my head and muttered 'we'll get late' and hurried towards my class. Damn it, Mom.

I went to my math class and saw Aoron sitting in his usual seat behind me.

"Hey," I greeted him and took my seat as I removed my books and kept my bag down beside my chair. I turned around. "Should we continue our project tomorrow? I don't work on weekend." I asked smiling.

"Yeah I don't mind. Also, Chase will be there. Since he's your neighbour." He drummed his fingers on the wooden desk while I just smirked at myself. Oh this is going to be fun.

After the period was over, I bid my goodbye and made my way towards the locker. I saw Megan standing there examining her nails. I came closer to my locker and opened it only for it to be slam shut again. I sighed and rubbed my temples.

"What do you want Megan?"

"Did you not understand when I said stay away from Chase?" She snarled at me.

"Listen-" I started but was cut off when Chase grabbed Megan's arm from behind and turned her towards him. She instantly beamed at him.

"I think instead of telling her to stay away from me why don't you stay away from me." He growled at her. Her face instantly dropped and I burst out laughing. I saw Chase looking at me with a small smile on his face.

He turned towards her and gave her one last glare while taking my hand and dragging me behind him. I had a large smile on my face as he dragged me towards my next class. Can't believe he stood up for me.

**

"Ready?" Leah asked handing me a red spray can. I nodded, giggling with the others. Spraying his car wouldn't leave any permanent marks on it. Once he washes his car, it will go away.

Each one of us had different color spray in our hand. We started doing our handwork on Ryan's car while he was inside eating his lunch, unaware of anything happening to his car. I made different emoji's while some made peace and infinity sign. Then we stuck 'Hello kitten' and various other cartoon pictures and stickers here and there. Laura took out her lipstick and wrote 'Take that asshole' on the glass. She applied some to her lips and kissed the window where she wrote it. It was nothing creative but that's fine.

After vandalizing his car with paints, stickers, lipstick, some Justin Bieber posters because Ryan's hates Justin Bieber.

He's not that bad.

We took a step back and admired our work. Good enough for him to get mad. We looked at each other with a proud expression.

We hurried and threw all the waste in the trashcan just as the bell rang.

"Okay. Now we'll meet at the end of the day. Let the show begin." Ashley said, smirking. We nodded and made our way towards our respective classes.

When the last bell rang, I ran out of the class and met the girls near Laura's car which was exactly opposite Ryan's. We were standing there so that we could see their reaction.

Suddenly, Ashley looked at the main school door and we followed her gaze and saw the guys coming towards Ryan's car. We looked here and there while a crowd started forming around Ryan's car. We made our way closer because the others were crowding the area and we weren't able to see anything. As we came closer, I bit my lips so that I won't laugh. I was not surprised to see the others doing the same as me, trying to control their laughter.

"So what do you guys say? Are we o-" Alec suddenly stopped and looked at the sight in front of him with wide eyes.

"What? Why did yo-" Chase said but stopped himself after seeing what stopped Alec. Jason just simply stared at it with wide eyes.

"Guys, are you oka-," Ryan tripped on his own feet. His eyes bulge out of his socket and jaws dropped to the floor. His face paled after looking at his car. All this while we were trying hard not to laugh. Sometimes, Ashley would make some noise, but then clapped her hand over her mouth. "WHAT THE HELL? Who did this?" Ryan asked, looking furious. He and the other looked around, but we couldn't control it any longer and burst out laughing. The crowd that had formed started laughing as well.

"You," Ryan pointed at us. His face red in anger. We all stopped laughing with a horrified expression as the Alec, Chase, Jason and Ryan looked at us.

Uh-oh. We are so dead.

We looked at each other and started running towards the school, boys hot on our heels. They were chasing us as we took turns around the corners and dodged them. Once I felt a hand slim past my waist, but I pushed my leg faster and escaped.

At one point all the four of us scattered in different directions. Two going right, two going left.

I ran as fast as I could. I turned my head around to see Chase chasing after me. Oh! How ironic!

I turned left and dodged some people who were lingering around. I ran zigzag so that I could lose him. After few minutes of running, I turned my head to see Chase was no longer behind me. Well, that was a relief. I stopped to catch my breath. I was breathing heavily. After making sure that Chase was no longer behind me, I started to jog towards the exit.

I hope the girls are fine.

As I was going, suddenly, out of nowhere, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me inside an empty class room. I closed my eyes and my first instant reaction was to scream, but a hand covered my mouth as I was pushed against the wall. I tried to get out of his grasp, but he held me in place by pressing his strong body against mine.

"Thought you'll get rid of me." A familiar voice said. I opened my eyes to see Chase staring at me. His face was inches away from mine. I could feel his warm breath against my lips. I widened my eyes at our close proximity.

I could see his lips clearly from this close. His pink lips forming a hot smirk. They looked so soft. I wonder if they were soft....

Damn! Why am I thinking about his lips?

I glanced up at him as he spoke, "Cat caught you tongue, princess." His smirk grew even wider after seeing my reaction.

This snapped me out of my thought. I placed my hand on his chest and pushed him away with as much as force I could. He stepped back as I took a deep breath. Now I can think clearly.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed, getting a bit frustrated.

"What? Did you expect me to leave you after the stunt you pulled?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I can see amusement in his eyes.

"Well yeah. I thought I lost you." He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, what do you want?" I asked, acting bored.

"Really? I mean you just vandalized Ryan's car. Why did you do it?"

"We all did it. And it was just a prank. Well a payback for your rude behavior that night."

"Didn't I say sorry, already?" He scoffed.

"Yeah. So? It doesn't matter." I dismissed.

"Are you sure, Chloe?" He asked, walking closer towards me. Instantly, I straighten up. I can't let him know how much he affects me.

So I looked straight in his eyes and said, "Yes."

He just chuckled and shook his head. He placed his hands on either side of my head, trapping me. He leaned his face closer and asked challengingly, "Is that so?"

"Yes. T-This isn't the end, Chase. There's more to come. Just wait and watch," I stuttered.

He smirked at me, "We'll see."

He pushed himself away from the wall and made his way towards the door. Opening the door, he glanced at me once before leaving.

As soon as the door shut behind him, I placed my hand over my heart to calm it down which was racing so fast that I was afraid it might come out of my chest.

What are you doing to me, Chase freaking Mason?

**

Wow!! That was something. This chapter was kind of big so I hope you like it. Also, there are things that i have made up like driving the car when you are not of the age. It doesn't happen in real life. i mean you can drive with a proper license, but since this is fiction, I had bit of my own lines and words in it. Hope, it doesn't confuses anyone. Until then.

Read vote comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 458 56
A Dialogue Story - 2nd book in talkO'gram series Hope Collins, a twenty-six year old bookstore owner finally feels accomplished when Collosical magaz...
8.9M 355K 58
Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally revolve around books. She's not shy nor do...
235K 10K 30
Amelia Jame is 17 years old and has never really spoken to any boy except her best friend Tyler. She is a straight 'A' student and has never gotten i...
78.2K 2.5K 28
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...