My Ex-Girlfriend is my New Mo...

By FallinginReverze

Ginger Vera, a fifteen year old typical 2nd year high-school who works as a part timer in a pastry shop. She... More

Author's note and Cast of Characters
Prologue
Ch.1 [FLASHBACK P.1]
Ch.2 [FLASHBACK P.2]
Ch.3 [FLASHBACK P.3]
Ch.4 [FLASHBACK P.4]
Ch.5 [FLASHBACK P.5]
Ch.6 [FLASHBACK P.6]
Ch.7 [FLASHBACK P.7]
Ch.8 [FLASHBACK P.8]
Ch.9 [FLASHBACK P.9]
Ch.10 [FLASHBACK P.10]
Ch.11 Back to Reality (Present)
Ch.12 Karma's a Bitch.
Ch.13 Goodbye Yesterday
Ch.14 Janine
Ch.15 Reward
Ch.16 Expectations.
Ch.17 Assuming does hurt.
Ch.18 Best thing she never had.
Ch.19 What you don't know won't hurt you.
Ch.20 The Next Morning.
Ch.21 Question and Answer.
Ch.22 Art of letting Go.
Ch.23 Falling.
Ch.24 Home Alone.
Ch.26 Monster Step Mom.
Ch.27 Pancakes and Truths.
Ch.28 Guilty Pleasures.
Ch.29 Your Love is my Heart Disease.
Ch.30 Two is better than one.
Ch.31 Realization sucks.
Ch.32 Brilliant Lies.
Ch.33 I love you Goodbye.
Ch.34 Too late to apologize
Ch.35 If you ever come back

Ch.25 Chemistry or History?

47.3K 1.5K 343
By FallinginReverze

ALESSA POV

"Ginger what happened to you? Ginger wake up!" she's not opening her eyes. I've been shaking her for a minute already but she's still not answering.

I'm already crying, I don't know what to do. I will not forgive myself if something bad happened to her. I tried checking her pulse but the beat is so slow.

Please God don't let her die.

"Ginger" I called her name once again before tapping her face gently.

I rejoiced when I heard her groan afterwards.

"I thought you're already dead! What happened to you?" I said while hugging her tight, the panic is still in my voice.

"Huh? I'm just sleeping" I frowned at her. She definitely don't look like she's just sleeping.

"Sleeping on the floor? my God Ginger?!" I blurted out in disbelief.

"I just missed sleeping on the floor" she argued almost whispering.

"I thought something bad happened to you, your dad called me and said that you aren't answering his calls" I sighed in relief, I'm glad that she's okay.

"Oh he's calling, sorry I didn't hear" she's a sleepyhead so I'm not surprised.

I'm about to lecture her about sleeping on the floor when I heard her stomach rumbling.

"You haven't eaten yet?" I inquired while raising my right brow. She chuckled before shaking her head slowly.

"I haven't eaten anything since yesterday, just water" I rolled my eyes when I saw the pitcher on the center table.

Lazy I said mentally.

"Why didn't you eat? There are lots of food in the fridge you can cook-"

"I already forgot how to. I stopped cooking six years ago because dad didn't allow me to do household chores anymore" she paused because she's already out of strength.

"I don't even remember what's the use of the real ginger" she mumbled.

I chuckled before making her head rest on my lap.

"You should have at least ordered something" I argued while massaging her forehead.

I flinched when she suddenly hugged my waist.

"I'm so tired, I can't move and I'm so hungry. Everybody left, they all leave when I needed them the most" I can't help myself not to feel bad for her. I feel so guilty for refusing Emman's request to stay with her.

"Where is Janine? She's supposed to take care of you" I asked not hiding the annoyance on my voice.

"She's with her boyfriend" I frowned.

"I thought she's your girlfriend?" I asked her confused.

"Yeah she said she's my girlfriend" I smiled because I got what she meant. I'm glad to know that they're not real lovers.

I need to cook since she hasn't eaten anything yet, I was about to stand up when she stopped me by hugging my waist again.

"How can I stand up and cook if you're not going to remove your hands on my waist?"

"Let's stay like this for a while" My heart skipped a bit upon hearing what she said.

This is not civil.

I missed her hug so much but I need to cook so I removed her arms gently and stood up afterwards.

"If we stay like this I'm sure you will die of starvation" I'm about to head to the kitchen when she grabbed my foot to stop me again.

"I sai---"

"Are you sure you're just gonna cook?" she asked me pouting.

"Yes of course" I replied hastily.

"You're not gonna leave?" she asked again still pouting.

"Silly, of course I will only cook. Don't worry I'll stay here till Emman comes back" I said before leaning down to kiss her forehead.

She released my foot then smiled afterwards. Now she's the old Ginger, the vulnerable and naive girl that I used to love.

"She really can't live without me obviously" I mumbled before heading to the kitchen to cook her favorite Sinigang.

She followed me to the kitchen after a few minutes to watch me. It only took me almost an hour to finish cooking since I used fish instead of pork.

She pounded on the food as soon as I placed it in front of her. She's not taking, her attention is all on the food which I don't mind because I know that she's hungry.

"I'm sorry, I'm so hungry" she said smiling. It's the first time that we're talking so casually ever since we saw each other again.

Well I think I deserve that since I saved her from starving herself to death.

"It's okay you should focus on eating to gain your strength back" I replied before I focused on eating my own food.

She volunteered to wash the dishes as soon as we finished eating. I'm helping her by wiping the plates that she already washed.

"Uhm so are you staying here with me?" all the awkwardness that I'm feeling before is already gone.

"Yeah" I replied simply.

I'm not sure what's gonna happen between us in the upcoming days, my only goal right now is to be by her side till her dad comes back.

                                   🍌🍌🍌

It's been a week since I moved to Emmans house. Ginger and I are like best friends again, we talk and greet each other when we saw each other at school.

I'm engrossed in reading my book in the library when Maya suddenly appeared and sat in front of me.

"So what does it feels like living in the same house with your ex?" she whispered to my right ear. I moved away and slapped her shoulder using my book.

"It's not a big deal, this is just a preparation since we will live under the same roof when Emman and I got married" I said flatly.

"So that would be incest? Or MILF or --" I slapped her shoulder again to stop her from talking.

"What are you saying? Incest? MILF? We're not related yet and I don't have plans on having an affair with my soon to be step daughter" I reasoned out.

Her, being nosy annoys me. I hate that attitude of her but what I hate the most is that I don't want Ginger to be my step daughter.

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Good luck with that. What about Janine? Does she know it already?" she asked me frowning.

I laughed upon remembering what Ginger told me.

"What's with her?" I asked nonchalantly.

"She's the girlfriend hello?" she exclaimed which caused the other students to look at our direction.

"Tone down your voice! She's not Ginger's girlfriend, she just assumed it" she frowned at me in confusion.

"But she said she loves her, she said it in front of us remember?" She argued. She has a point, now I'm confused as well.

"If she loves Janine then why aren't they in a relationship?" She added.

"I don't know, maybe she's not yet ready to engage in a new relationship-"

"After you broke her heart, I see" she said interrupting me.

"Funny" I said while glaring at her sharply.

"But they fit each other, I mean Janine is the best for Ginger" I closed the book that I'm reading and raised my brow at her.

"Seriously? A slut? Hell no, they don't fit because Ginger deserves someone better, someone-"

"Like you? Oh please Alessa I don't think so. Someone like Janine or someone like me what do you think? I won't hurt her I promise" she said before winking at me.

I want to rip off her beautiful hair from her head right  now in so much annoyance. She really makes it a habit to piss me off.

"Change the topic before I forget that you're my best friend" I threatened her.

"So" she leaned closer to me.

"So what?"

"So what did you two do the whole week? Did you do role playing? Like mother and daughter?" that's it I'm fed up.

"Shut up!" I yelled to her face before slamming the table.

She didn't even flinch by my sudden outburst, instead she gazed at me smirking. I really can't win when it comes to her so I decided to just walk out of the library.

I won't be able to concentrate on reading my book if she's bugging me and asking me questions that I don't want to answer.

I sat on the bench that I saw nearby and started reading again, I need to review thoroughly for my upcoming defense. I can't review when I'm home because Ginger and I always sleep so late. We talked about anything that came to our mind but we make sure not to talk about our past. It's still awkward and I don't want to ruin our friendship that we're starting to build again.

I head straight home as soon as I finished reviewing because I need to cook dinner for Ginger, she's always hungry when she comes home. I'm acting like a married woman already but I don't mind because it's her.

"But I will be soon" I mumbled to myself while preparing the ingredients of Carbonara that I'm going to cook.

I'm done preparing everything after an hour, I'm glad that I'm just in time because she will arrive in just a couple of minutes.

I'm excited to know what she will say because it's the first time that she will get to eat one of my specialty dish. I want to impress her because I like it when she praises me.

I ran immediately to the front door when I heard her car. I'm about to greet her when I saw Janine with her.
Our face retorted immediately upon seeing each other, but she's the first one to retreat and faked a smile.

"You didn't tell me that Alessa is here" She asked Ginger still her eyes locked on mine.

I raised my brow at her while waiting for Ginger's response. She smiled before leading her to the living room.

"I forgot because I was too excited to see you that it didn't enter my mind" she replied as soon as they both sat on the couch.

"Ginger you don't have to tell her everything, after all I have the rights to come here" I said while faking a smile as well.

"Of course" Ginger replied before standing up. She's oblivious of the tension that's starting to rise.

"I will just change my clothes" she said before heading upstairs immediately.

"Yeah sure" we both said in unison. We glared at each other as soon as Ginger's gone.

"I told you to stay away from her" Janine said while crossing her arms and sitting cozily on the couch.

"I did but you left her so don't blame me for taking care of her" I rebutted.

"I'm just away for a week. Oh please, you are not taking care of her, I don't know what's on your mind but I'm sure it will only cause more damage to her" my ears ticked by what she said, she's giving me the nerves again, when I'm with her I can't control my temper.

"I'm not here to argue with you, Ginger and I talked already and what happened between us is in the past now and I am here because we reconciled already and I will try my best to win her forgiveness"

"But the damage has been done already" she said flatly.

"I am here now so you may go" she said while waving her hand for me to get lost.

"Excuse me? The one who should go is you, I am her dad's fiance-"

"And I am her girlfriend" she said interrupting me.

I laughed out sarcastically in response which made her frown.

"Girlfriend huh? You don't have to lie, I already know because Ginger told me already"

"Told you what?" she asked confused.

"That you're just assuming that you're her girlfriend. So if you have your respect to yourself go home and go get some sleep" I said smirking.

She stood up and walked closer to me, we're now face to face with each other.

"Saying that she loves me is enough to say that I am her girlfriend, after all we do have Chemistry" she said emphasizing the last word confidently.

I smirked before pointing to myself.

"And I can assure you that she's just being nice to you because I know Ginger so well, after all we do have History" I countered, emphasizing the last word as well.

We're about to slap each other in so much anger when Ginger suddenly appeared.

"Hey!" We distanced ourselves with each other and looked at her smiling.

"Did you just fight?" she asked curiously. I'm the first one to fake a laugh.

"No! We were just having a very interesting conversation" I said hastily.

"Oh, a very interesting conversation, mind if I ask what is it?" she said looking at me. I suddenly ran out of words, I don't know what to say.

"We were just exchanging ideas about our favorite subject, mine is Chemistry" Janine paused and pointed at me.

"Hers is History" I sighed in relief when Ginger nodded in understanding and didn't ask for more.

"So what did you cook? I can smell it but I can't figure it out" she said afterwards before heading to the dining area.

"Oh I cooked Carbonara because I don't feel like eating rice tonight" I replied while following her.

"What a coincidence, that's Janine's favorite, let's eat I'm sure it's delicious!" my face retorted upon hearing what she said.

Of all the food why Carbonara? I groaned to myself.

"But I only cooked for two, I'm sorry I didn't know that Janine will come tonight" I said faking a concerned look, the food is only for Ginger and me.

Janine glared at me before shrugging her shoulders in surrender.

"It's okay maybe I should leave" she said and about to walk away when Ginger stopped her.

"We can share" Ginger offered. I rolled my eyes before putting another plate on the table.

"Hey Janine it's just a joke, of course I cooked more. My instinct told me that you will be here for dinner" I said faking a smile.

I guess I should stop pissing her off tonight because Ginger is trying her best to be happy for me and Emman so I need to do the same. I don't want her around but I don't have a choice.

We sat in silence and started to eat, I didn't try to open any conversation because I don't want to end up fighting with Janine again.

M•E•G•I•M•N•M•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 79.1K 38
I was awakened by a buzz, but I don't want to get up, instead I lay still on my bed and about to dream again when I heard a THUD, I flinched at the s...
920K 5K 18
Warning Rated R+, otherwise anyone can read the book. ✨PSA👀 : THIS BOOK IS FICTIONAL, NOTHING IS THIS BOOK APPLIES TO ANY OF THE CHARACTERS USED IN...
40.7K 977 13
" 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞" 𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍 Laura Ho...
61.8K 547 12
Danielle, a hired bridesmaid begins a 'fuck' spree with Molly, the bride. Danielle, finding it hard to resist the sexiest bride she's ever lusted af...