Hell Is My Life

By alexis_rene

Have you ever been abused? Raped? Well, Tear Drop Mary Jane Davenport has. She's abused everyday by her fa... More

1. Hell is my Life
2. Hell Is My Life
3. Hell Is My Life
4. Hell Is My Life
5. Hell is my life
6. Hell Is My Life
7. Hell Is My Life
8. Hell Is My Life
9. Hell Is My Life
10. Hell Is my Life
11. Hell is my Life
12. Hell is my Life
13. Hell is my life
14. Hell is my Life
15. Hell is my Life
16. Hell is my Life
17. Hell is my Life
19. Hell is my Life
20. Hell is my Life
21. Hell is my Life
22. Hell is my Life
23. Hell is my Life
25. Hell is my Life
26. Hell is my Life *Last Chapter!!*
Epilogue: Hell is my Life

24. Hell is my Life

2.1K 30 2
By alexis_rene

Chapter 24

When I woke up the next day, I was so depressed.  I felt guilty for doing that to Grant.  All that I could think about was that Ford has always mostly been a dick to me, and Grant has never treated me bad.  But I knew that I loved Ford, and I would never love Grant.

When Ford woke, all we did was talk.  He knew that something was wrong, and I told him I missed my mom, which was true, but it wasn’t the reason why I was sad at the moment.

So I told him everything major that had happened since I was 7.  He listened the whole time and didn’t interrupt me once.  Once I was done pouring my heart out to him, he told me his story.  

“It first happened on my dad’s birthday, because my mom was at work.  I was 7, and he raped and abused me, but I already told you all of that…  Anyways, after he raped me again for “being a bad boy”, I tried to tell my mom again.  I knew it was wrong for him to be doing that to me.  Once again, she told him, and I got “punished”.  Then I tried to tell a teacher.

“She told my mom, and my mom told my dad.  The next time mom was gone; she was gone from an entire month.  Every night of that month, dad would come into my room and rape me.  Evan never found out because he was out at a friends house most of the time.  When I got older, about… Oh, I don’t know, 13, or 14, I started sneaking out at night.  The next day when I went home, my dad would burn my back with a hot piece of metal.”  He took off his shirt and showed me all of the scars.  “My friends asked me about it when I was dressing out in P.E.  I didn’t know what to tell them, so I just lied and said that I fell into a creek and all of the rocks scratched me.  It was a bad lie, but they believed me.

“It went on for what seemed like forever.  It was like the only time I was safe was when my mom was home.  But as time went on, she was home less and less.  I only saw her about once every 5 months.  She was always gone.  She became an alcoholic.  So every time she was home, she was drunk and was passed out before 5 pm.  Then, about a year ago, Evan got a house, and I started living with him.  He still doesn’t know what happened to me. I don’t want him to find out either.  

“I haven’t been home ever since Evan got the house.  I was there once.  I was getting my things together to leave, and he tried to have sex with me.  I… I lost control and did the only thing I could think of doing; beating him.”  Ford was shaking so bad.  I wrapped my arms around him in comfort.  “After I did, I got my shit and ran.  That was the last time I saw him, and hopefully the last time I ever will.”

“I’m so sorry, Ford.”

“You need to call your mom.”

Right then, I didn’t even care that he had ignored my pity.  “And say what?”  I was so pissed off.  Did he not understand what my mom did?  He was about to answer when I interrupted him.  “That man beat my mom, and she still chose him over me!  What kind of mom does that?”  

“She wants to be loved, Tear Drop!”  

“Oh, what do you know?  You don’t know my mom!”  I yelled.

“Tear Drop, Baby, please don’t get mad.”  I instantly made myself calm down.

“Okay.  I’m sorry.”

“Please just call her.”  His sentence aroused my anger, and I was about to start yelling again.  “Stop.  I know what she did, and I understand that.  I understand why you’re mad.  But maybe you’re wrong.  Maybe you just misunderstood something.  Please just call her.”  He held out my phone to me.

Sighing, I snatched it from him.  Dialing my mom’s number, I glared at him.  

“Hello?”  She answered.

“Mom?”

“Tear Drop!”

“Don’t talk yet.  Just listen.  I don’t know why you chose Lucas over me even after he beat you…”

“What are you talking about?  Lucas never beat me! It was only that one time, and that was it.”

“But I thought… The way he looked at you! It was like he had been beating you forever!”

“No! Lucas has been the best husband ever, besides the whole situation with you and him and the kids.  But Tear Drop, I just want to be happy.  And Lucas makes me happy.  I talked to him, and he said that he feels terrible that he did that to you.  He said you can visit whenever you want, and even when he disagrees with you, he won’t even say anything.”

“That’s great…”  I still wasn’t happy.  “But why did you choose him over me?”

“Honey, I wouldn’t choose a man over you any day.  I knew that you were going to go back to Oregon soon, and I knew that because of all the scars on you, I would be getting custody of you soon.  And I wanted you to have a father figure. So I talked to him, and then everything got ruined because of him, and you punched him…  I… I don’t know.  I don’t know.”

“Okay.  I forgive you… I love you.”

“Thank you, Baby.  Come visit any time.  I love you too.”

Then I hung up.

“How’d it go?”  Ford questioned.

“I forgave her… I guess I did misunderstand.”

“Good.”  He kissed my cheek.  “Now… Please don’t freak out about this suggestion.  Please.”

“I’ll try not to…”  I said, holding my breath, hoping that it wasn’t something totally crazy.

“We need to go to the cops and tell them about Logan, Trevor, and your dad.”

Well, my hoping did work.

“I told you I wasn’t going to freak out… So I’m not even going to answer.”

“Baby,” he put his hands on my cheeks, cupping my face. “Please.  You have to! You can’t just let them go free!”

“I just want to forget all about it, Ford!”

“I know you do.  But you can forget about it after they’re locked away in jail.”

“But Ford… If I tell the cops, then my mom will get custody.”

“Isn’t that what you always wanted?”  He asked, confused.  

“Yes, of course.  I just don’t want to leave you.  She lives in Florida.  We live in Oregon.  I wouldn’t ever get to see you.”

He was silent for a moment.  He was probably thinking up a lie to tell me just so I’d go to the police.

After playing with my fingers for about a minute, Ford looked up into my eyes.  “How about this: I’ll get emancipated.  Then I’ll move to Florida with you.”

I could tell from his eyes that he wouldn’t really do it.  He had this sad look on his face.  

“Okay.”

Two hours later, we were at the police station.  We had been waiting for a half an hour, and I was incredibly nervous.  

“Let’s just go home.” I begged.

“No.  You have to do this.”

“I’m so scared.  Please don’t make me do this.  They aren’t going to believe me.”

He wrapped his arms around me and whispered comforting words into my ear.  Then they called my name.

“Davenport? Tear Drop Davenport?”  

Taking a deep breath, I stood up, raising my hand and yelling a little “here”.

Ford stood with me, and the lady led us into the back of the department and into a small room.  In the middle of the room, there was a table.  A man was sitting at the table, looking up at the ceiling sighing.

“Sit down.”  He ordered, taking his feet of the desk and sitting up straight in his chair.  “Helena, get these two waters.”

“Yes, Sir.”

After she left, he looked at us.  

He looked about 45, maybe older.  His hair was black, but it had a little gray in it.  He had glasses that were attached to a chain around his neck.  

“I’m officer Hames. Why are you here?”

“I… I’ve been raped and abused.”

He nodded, sighing.  Then the woman came back into the room with two Styrofoam cups filled with water.  She set the cups down in front of Ford and me and left the room.

“I’m going to interview you, and then I’m going to have you fill out a paper.  Sir, if you weren’t involved in this rape, you’re going to have to wait outside.  I’ll be right back with the paper, Ma’am.”  He left the room.  

“I’m still scared,” I admitted. “But not as much as before.”

“That’s good.  You’re going to do great, Babe.”

“I want you to be in here.”

“You’ll be fine.  I’ll be right outside.  You have nothing to worry about.”  He whispered.

The officer came back in, and Ford went outside.

He pushed a button on the recorder.  “Now, I’m going to ask you some questions.  Answer them honestly.  If you don’t remember something, just say you don’t remember it.”  I nodded.  Then he nodded towards the big black two way mirror that was on the wall.  “State your full name and age for the record.”

“Tear Drop Mary Jane Davenport, age 16.”

“What was the crime that was committed?’

“I was raped and abused.”

“When did the rape occur?”

“Which time?”

“The very first time.”

“With Trevor and Logan, it started when I was 12 years old.  With my dad, it started about two months ago, maybe.”

“So this is two separate rape cases?”

“Yes.”

“Who abused you?”

“My father.”

“State his name and age for the record.”

“Jason Marcus Caverly, age 47.

“Who raped you?  State their name and age, if you know it.”

“Logan Casey, age… 19, I think. And Trevor Goldberg, age 19.”

“What happened the first time that Logan Casey and Trevor Goldberg sexually assaulted you?”

“It was… Marcus Caverly, my brother, and all of his friends, including Trevor and Logan, and I. We were all getting drunk.  We were all underage.  Before long, everyone was passed out but Trevor, Logan, and me.  They said something like, “Tear Drop, we’re horny.” I was 12, and I didn’t really know what sex was.  So I asked them what they wanted me to do about it.  They said… “We’ll show you.”  Then they forced me into my room, tied me to my bed and… and raped me.  After they were done, they went back into the basement.”

“Could you give me a date for when this happened?”

I thought for a minute.  “It happened sometime in the summer of… 2004.”

“How many times has something like this happened from Logan Casey and Trevor Goldberg?”

“Countless times.”

“Guess, please.”

“I don’t know… 40, 50 times, maybe more.”

“Why didn’t you come to us earlier?”

“I was afraid nobody would believe me…” I whispered.

About two hours later, after I had written down and repeated my story with Trevor and Logan, we started on the story with my dad.

“Who raped and abused you?”

“My father, Jason Marcus Caverly.”

“When was the first time he abused you?”

“I was 7, I think.”

“When was the first time he raped you?”  

“In April.”

“How many times has Jason Caverly sexually assaulted you?”

“Two or three times.”

“What happened the first time Jason Caverly assaulted you?”

“My dad’s friend touched my moms butt, and so she slapped him.  My dad’s friend got angry and so he told my dad that my mom took his hand and placed it on her butt. So my dad freaked out and slapped my mom.  My brother stood up to my dad, telling him to leave our mom alone.  He punched Marcus, my brother.  I thought that my dad wouldn’t hurt me, so I stood up to him, telling him not to hurt my brother and my mom.  He broke two of my fingers and slapped me.”

“Can you give a specific date for when that happened?”

“It happened in… 1999.”

“How many times has he assaulted you?”

“He has abused me almost everyday since I was seven, so I have no clue.”

“What happened the first time Jason Caverly sexually assaulted you?”

“He had just...”

“Please say his name for “he”.”

“My dad, Jason Caverly, has just punched me a couple times…”  I rubbed my head, trying to remember.  “Because I had gotten home late.  I was sick of all the abuse, and so I yelled at him telling him that I wasn’t really his kid; my mom had cheated on him, which is true.

“So later, when I’m sleeping, he comes into my room.  He told me that I shouldn’t have told him that I wasn’t his kid, because he hasn’t had sex in years.  Then Jason Caverly raped me.”

An hour later, after they questioned me more, I had written down my statement, and they asked me everything over again, they let me out of the little room.  They said I couldn’t leave the police station yet.

I walked back into the waiting room where Ford was asleep in one of the chairs.  I checked my phone, and it was 3:45 pm.  Trying not to wake Ford up, I sat in the seat next to him.  

After about an hour, they made me go back into the room and be interrogated again.

We stayed the night at the police station.  At about 7:00 a.m, they let us go home.  

Right when we got to Evan’s house, we passed out on the bed.

_________________________________

Two more chapters left! Whoohoo!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.6K 1.7K 159
This is a book full of Self-harm quotes and Suicide quotes. It's not to encourage people to start cutting or any form of self-harm, but it's for the...
84.6K 3.9K 30
Is it okay to fall in love again? What If they'll hurt me again? What if they will used me again? ------------------------------------------------ ...
7.4K 293 22
THIS BOOK IS A SEQUEL TO NEW GIRL, MUST READ NEW GIRL FIRST. now that Regina and Emma finally move to Boston and begin their life at college, will th...
198K 2.6K 65
π™Έπš–πšŠπšπš’πš—πšŽπšœ 𝚘𝚏 πš˜πšžπš› πš‹πš˜πš’ π™Ήπš˜πšœπš‘πšžπšŠ π™±πšŠπšœπšœπšŽπšπš πš•πš˜πš πšŽπš› 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎 πš’πš—πšπšŽπš—πšπšŽπš πš‹πšžπš πš’πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽπšœ πš’'πš– πšœπš˜πš›πš›πš’ Most...