No Turning Back - A Vampire D...

By StephDaTwilightFreak

Damon, Stefan and Elena thought that Katherine coming back was their only problem - they were wrong! When Cha... More

No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 1
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 2, 3 & 4
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 5, 6 & 7
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 8, 9 & 10
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 11 & 12
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 13 & 14
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 15
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 16
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 17
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 18
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 20
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 21
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 22
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 23
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 24
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 25
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 26
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 27
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 28
Sequel

No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 19

4.7K 35 7
By StephDaTwilightFreak

Last Chapter Damon snapped and bit Charlie, what will happen next?

Charlie finds herself in a difficult situation and a new character is introduced.

Hope you like where the story is going :D

Chapter 19

Damon's face returned to normal, an expression of panic now covering it. What had he done? He stared down at Charlie's still body, blood dripping down her pale neck, the colour blending with her red hair. He instantly dropped to the ground and kneeled before her.

"Charlotte, I'm sorry, here," he said frantically. He bit his wrist and pushed it towards her mouth. "Drink my blood," he begged.

His blood trickled down her throat and half unconscious she automatically swallowed it. Slowly, her eyes began to flicker open; she could feel her body healing as his blood filled her veins. Her head and neck throbbed with searing pain, she groaned.

"Charlotte?" Damon asked, relief filling him at the sound of her voice.

She held her temples and fell sideways, trying to suppress the pain.

"Charlie, I'm sorry," he whispered.

Soon the pain eased and she slowly sat up, she leaned back against the wall. She pushed her hair back from her face and covered the side of her still bleeding neck with her hand. She stared down at the floor not wanting to look at him.

"No, you're not sorry, Damon. If you were you wouldn't have hurt me in the first place." She tried to stand but her legs collapsed beneath her. Damon caught her arm before she fell.

"Charlie..."

She pulled her arm from his grasp and moved away from him. "Don't touch me," she spat. Her eyes filled with tears.

"Look at me," he urged. "I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry." He tried to touch her face but she pulled away from him.

"It doesn't mean anything does it," she stammered between her tears. She stood up, her legs still unsteady but she tried not to show it.

Damon stood up too and inched towards her.

"Don't come near me," she demanded. She held the side of the counter for support. She continued to look away from him. "You got your wish didn't you; I now have vampire blood in my system. So go ahead, kill me, and I'll wake up a vampire. That's exactly what you want isn't it."

He went to touch her face again but she flinched away. "I didn't mean for it to happen this way. I don't know why I did that," he said willing her to believe him.

"You're Damon; you retaliated in the only way you know how to. You hurt people. When you're upset it's what you do. You don't know how to relate to people and their feelings or your own feelings for that matter. It's been a long time since you allowed yourself to feel so intensely. When I told you the truth about my past, about how I'm feeling, it wasn't what you wanted to hear, you didn't know how to react to that... so you got angry."

"I know, okay, I'm a dick but I'm learning, Charlie," he whispered.

She turned away from him. Her eyes so full of tears she could barely see. "It doesn't matter just go, Damon."

He grabbed her arm spinning her around to face him. "Charlie, I'm a jerk..."

"Yes, you are." Charlie pulled her arm from his grip and tried to step around him but tired and drowsy, she couldn't do much when he grabbed her shoulders preventing her from moving.

"I never wanted to hurt you, Charlotte."

"Don't. Just go, Damon, go find Elena. She needs you right now."

"Charlotte?"

"Just go, Damon."

Damon looked at her one last time before he let go of her arms and left her alone in the bathroom.

England, 1910

It was a windy night; Charlotte sat alone in her room at a small country inn. She'd been staying here for almost a month now.

She wore a long close-fitting cream satin dress covered by lace which flowed beautifully as she moved. A belt accentuated her waist and pointed matching cream heels finished off her outfit. Her red hair was in tight curls pinned up on one side of her head.

It was close to midnight, and the rest of the inn had eventually became silent. Her curtains open she stared out at the beautiful landscape, the darkness enhancing the trees making them haunting and mysterious. The countryside really was amazing. It was relaxing and peaceful and this was what she needed, to spend some time alone, no distractions, no one telling her what to do; just nothing... she didn't want to be reminded of her of her past... or the people who had been in it.

Suddenly, the silent night was cut by a man singing, the sound coming from outside not far from her window. She looked through the glass; straight ahead through the trees was a man. He was sitting on the grass just behind a stone wall.

Bored and wide awake due to her recent meal she decided to investigate.

She walked through the trees following the direction of his voice, the singing grew louder. Soon the voice was clear.

"I'm a man who's loved, who's lost, who's made some grave mistakes. I'm a man who's not ashamed to feel," the man sang. His voice rather good despite the slight slurring of his words. It was clear he was a little drunk.

She held the sides of her cream coloured skirt as not to get it dirty and she approached the wall.

The man continued to sing. "I see her face and I know I'll be alright."

Charlotte threw one leg over the stone wall and stepped down onto the other side. She stood behind a tree and peeked round at the man. He was tall, with full lips, dirty blond hair and mysterious dark eyes. He couldn't have been older than eighteen or nineteen.

He wore a simple white shirt and brown pants. His arm muscles very defined were visible beneath the thin fabric. Beside him was a bottle of whisky and on his lap a tatty notebook and pencil, she realised he was in the middle of writing the song.

"I don't know where my path ends, yet it doesn't matter. All I need is her," he continued.

He put his book down on the grass beside him and placed a cigarette between his lips and lit it. He inhaled deeply and looked up at the sky. He held the cigarette in the corner of his mouth and picked up his book again, scribbling across the page.

Charlotte took a step towards him wanting a better look at this fascinating man but she stupidly stood on a branch. It snapped under the heel of her shoe, she quickly hid back behind the tree. The man instantly jumped up.

"Who's there," he shouted. He took the cigarette out of his mouth and looked in her direction. He took a step forward. "Someone there?" he asked again.

Charlotte sighed and took a step away from the tree. "Hello, sir, your song is very beautiful," she said.

"Thank you, miss." He smiled and bowed exaggeratedly.

Charlotte giggled and curtsied back. "The girl you're writing that for is very lucky."

"Trust me, miss, there's no girl."

Charlotte half-smiled unsure what to say.

He looked at her with curious eyes. "Where did you come from?"

"What do you mean?" she asked walking closer to him.

"Your accent I can't quite place it. It's beautiful... rather like you... I mean, your face, I'm an artist and I'm fascinated by faces. I've seen many but never once seen one like yours, miss. Who are you?"

"You don't want to know who I am," she whispered.

He stepped closer. "What if I do?" He held her gaze. "I'm Will Everett; please tell me your name."

In less than five minutes Charlotte was already intrigued by Will but she couldn't let herself feel this way about a human... not again.

"I must go," she said, and walked past him, away from the tree and back in the direction of the inn. She just couldn't go through this again.

He grasped her arm, his grip quite sturdy for a human. "I beg you not to go, miss."

Charlotte easily pulled her arm away. "Trust me, it's better this way." She turned again and headed away from him.

"Wait, please," she heard him call. His footsteps not far behind her. "Who are you?"

Charlotte climbed back over the wall, and hid in the shadows.

She sat hidden for several moments. What was she doing? This man clearly liked her; he wanted to know more about her. She wanted to see him again, why was she running from her feelings?

Maybe hearing him sing tonight was a sign, maybe she was meant to meet him here tonight. She headed back towards the meadow but he was nowhere in sight.

"Looking for me?" he said. She could hear the smirk in his voice. She turned to see him leaning against a tree. Her eyes glanced up and down his strong frame and wide shoulders. His masculinity was intoxicating.

"You intrigue me, miss," he said, meeting her eyes again.

"Intrigue you? How?"

"Your beauty, your voice, your blue eyes... they hold many secrets don't they?"

"You have no idea, sir," she laughed despite herself.

"Why don't we start with your name then?" he said heading towards her.

Charlotte walked a few steps and stood across from him, their faces now only inches apart. He wanted to kiss her. She could see the lust in his eyes, humans were so obvious. But she wasn't going to let that happen... yet.

"I'm Charlotte Dubois," she whispered.

He took her hand in his and raised it to his lips, he gently kissed it. "I hope this is the start of great things, Miss Charlotte."

Present Day

Charlie heard Damon's car drive away. She really was alone now. She grabbed a small towel from the bathroom cabinet and ran it under the cold water. She moved her hair to the opposite side of her wounds.

She gently began to examine the bite marks. Her neck was a mess, Damon really had snapped.

She pressed against the wound and slowly, the white towel was stained a dark red. She continued to clean the wound despite the pain and when the bleeding stopped she placed a bandage over it.

She finally forced herself to really look at her reflection; she was shocked by the view. Her black eyeliner and mascara was smudged down her pale skin. Her eyes were red and puffy from the crying and beneath them were pale purple bruises. She took a deep breath holding back her tears.

This girl looking back at her was not the real Charlotte. She didn't even know who she was anymore.

She pulled her hair back into a messy ponytail and filled the sink with warm water. She grabbed another cloth and washed her face. She reapplied her makeup, putting on her usual eyeliner and mascara, added some blusher and a faint red lip-gloss. She looked back at her reflection in the mirror. She forced herself to smile. She did look a little better.

She headed back to her own bedroom. She poured a glass of scotched and downed it before changing into a blue off the shoulder sweater, dark skinny jeans and brown ankle boots. She put on a brown leather jacket, grabbed her car keys and started downstairs. She needed some fresh air; she needed to be out of this house.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She pulled it out of her pocket and looked at the screen. She didn't know the number.

"Hello," Charlie answered.

"Charlie? It's Elena, before you ask, I'm fine. "

"Oh, my God, Elena, I'm so glad you're okay. Where are you? Do the guys know you're fine?"

"Yeah, I've told them to head home, I'm at Alaric's. I needed some time alone to process everything that's happened to me... Isobel, she killed herself."

"Isobel, as in your mom Isobel? I'm so sorry, Elena."

"Thanks, I'm fine, but I would like to talk to you. Would you mind coming over?"

"Not at all, I was just about to head out anyway. I'll see you in five."

Several minutes later Charlie pulled up outside Alaric's apartment building. She got out the car and headed up the stairs to the floor Elena had told her. She knocked on Alaric's door.

The door opened and Alaric stood on the other side, his face held a curious smile.

"Please come in," he said.

She stepped into the room and looked around.

"Um, where's Elena?" she asked confused.

Alaric snickered... his voice sounding wrong. He didn't seem like Alaric and it made Charlie feel uncomfortable.

"Elena, get in here," he shouted. He smiled maliciously.

Elena stepped into the room, her bare feet dragging on the ground. Her hair a mess, her makeup smudged and her purple dress ripped in several places. Charlie then noticed the blood dripping down her leg. "Oh, my God, Elena," Charlie said concerned and ran to her side.

Elena suddenly grabbed Charlie's shoulders and pulled her even closer. "Get out of here," she whispered into her ear. Her voice was so quiet but Charlie could still hear the warning, she wasn't joking.

"What? What's going on?" Charlie demanded.

Alaric instantly pulled Elena back and tossed her onto the couch. "Don't," he growled at her. He turned back to Charlie. "So, I've been told I can't compel you, is that true?"

Charlie looked at him warily. "What? Alaric, you're scaring me."

"Alaric?" he mocked. "I think it's time to fess up. Guess again, Charlotta." There was something off about his voice.

Charlie took a step back from him. "Alaric, what's wrong with you?" She didn't like the look on his face. She didn't like the way he was looking at her – malicious and cruel.

"Do you smell that, Katerina?" he asked, breathing in deeply. "Blood."

"Katerina?" Charlie instantly turned to face Elena. "Oh, my God, you're Katherine aren't you? You tricked me. Where's Elena?"

He grabbed Charlie's chin, forcing her to look at him. "Don't worry about Elena; I'm sure your crazy boyfriend and his useless brother have found her by now. You see, she's not the one I need right now, you are." He smiled darkly.

Charlie took another step backwards but lost her balance, she fell hitting the ground with a thud. She scooted backwards; her brain telling her to get as far away from him as she could. But she didn't get very far before she was stopped by her back hitting the wall. "Who are you?" she whispered.

He laughed and looked down at her his eyes dark and cruel. "Charlotta, Charlotta, stop being so stupid," he mocked. He knelt down in front of her. "How rude of me, I haven't official introduced myself. I'm Klaus. I've wanted to meet you for a very long time now," he smiled darkly.

"How is that even possible? What have you done with Alaric?"

"Let's just say Alaric was kind enough to loan me his body for a little while. Well, he didn't really have a choice. You see, in the body of this sorry teacher I can spy on Elena and her friends and see what they're up to."

Suddenly he pulled Charlie to her feet; his hands firmly gripping her arms. He stared at her, a curious expression on his face. His muscles quivered as his jaw clenched. "You really are beautiful aren't you? My brother did well; your mother must have been a pretty woman."

"What do you want with me?" she spat, she avoided his dark gaze.

"You'll soon see," he smiled maliciously.

She glanced over at Katherine. She was huddled in the corner of the couch, her expression blank. It was obvious she wasn't going to help Charlie, yet, she had never seen Katherine look so scared.

He held her arms tightly in his strong hands. A dark smile took over his already malicious looking face. He gripped her chin hard, making her look at him.

As he stared down at her, his large fingers closed around her bones so tight she thought her arms might snap. He was clearly showing that this gesture was one of domination and power and it terrified Charlie. However, she wasn't going to show him her pain. She wasn't going to show him she was afraid.

Before Charlie realised what he was doing he licked from the bottom of her jaw and up her whole cheek. She had to stop herself from vomiting.

"Hmm, not quite human yet."

He finally let go of her arms and stood in front of her.

"You won't win, Klaus, they won't let you," she spat.

He suddenly let out a dark laugh and in response Charlie took a step backwards. This only seemed to amuse him more. As she backed away from him he walked towards her moving with large strides.

"Feisty and brave, aren't we, Charlotta. You remind me of your father," he mocked.

He now had her cornered, his body pressed hard against her own. Fear took over her. He smiled smugly and leaned forward his lips brushing her neck.

"So, I've heard several different theories about you. As a vampire you are stronger, more resilient, can go longer periods without blood, you have a greater tolerance to sunlight."

He stared into her eyes for several moments. "I also can't compel you. You have many traits of an original but most curiously, you have the ability to turn human again."

He caressed her cheek and she flinched away. This only made him laugh.

"Brice didn't have the strength to hand you over all those years ago. He thought he was saving you but little was known about what you are back then. And Brice has finally come to his senses; he's now working for me."

"Brice is not working for you, he's scared of you, he's just a coward. He'd do anything to make sure you don't kill him."

"Maybe so, but he's useful to me for now. He made you human again, well, started your transition off for me. And from your smell, I'd say you're not far off fully human now."

He backed away from her and began circling her.

"Did you know you only get one shot at this? If you go back to being a vampire you can never have a chance like this again, and if you become fully human, you're stuck in that sorry state forever... Damn witches and their rules."

He suddenly grabbed her from behind; his hands gently ran up and down her white neck. "And do you know what I can do to you when you're human, Charlotta?" he whispered against her throat.

"Don't do this, please let me go," she pleaded with him.

He laughed darkly. "You can plead and cry and beg all you want, nothing is going save you. You see, I want this curse broken more than anything, and nothing is going to stand in my way," he growled against her ear. He ran his fingertips across her cheek. "Especially, not the blood of one pretty little girl."

Charlie looked over at Katherine again, her face held no emotion; she really wasn't going to do anything. Charlie was all alone.

He grabbed her chin roughly making her face him again. "Your blood spilt over the moonstone on a full moon may be dangerous to me but right now, you're nothing." He slid his hands around her neck. "You understand why I have to do this don't you, Charlotta? I don't want to hurt you really, we're family," he said, his voice filled with mockery.

"Go to hell," she said, spitting in his face.

He laughed even darker and began stroking her hair with the lightest of touches. "It will all be over soon, child," he whispered into her ear.

He kissed the back of her neck softly and trailed them down to the side of her neck. She began to shake; this was really it she was really going to die.

"It was nice meeting you, Charlotta; sorry it had to end this way..."

Before Charlie could say anything he snapped her neck and everything went black.

What do you think is going to happen next?

Hope you enjoyed this Chapter :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 111 26
After what seems like forever, Alexandra Miracolo returns to see her best friend Damon. Only when she returns she didn't realise how much trouble she...
403K 9.7K 23
Briana is Elena and Jeremy's oldest sister. Damon has been trying to woe her. What happens when the original hybrid comes to town and has a connectio...
114K 3.1K 30
New vampire Elena Gilbert is almost happy with her boyfriend Stefan. But then the other brother comes back into town and feelings begin to grow. What...
153K 2.5K 94
Mia Salvatore is the youngest out of the two brothers. She's currently living in New York and is having the time of her life. She gets a call from St...