Cupid's Arrow ✔

By yuktsakaria

Meet Chloe Wilson, she's like any other girl- funny, nerd, sweet, keeping sarcasm as her middle name, but she... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 9

54.9K 1.8K 108
By yuktsakaria

Chapter 9

**

I woke up with sweat covering my forehead. What did I expect? Getting up and feeling like I'm the Queen of the world? Of course, not. Feeling frustrated with myself, I pulled at my hair strands. I want to sleep, but the nightmares won't let me.

I lay on the bed and turned to my right side, clutching my bed covers upto my chin and curled into a ball. I sobbed continuously, my body shaking uncontrollably. I don't know when will this end. Usually the nightmares aren't for a long time, but one may never know. Eventually, sleep came over and pulled me in the darkness.

I woke up again, but luckily not because of another nightmare. This was a dreamless sleep. I paddled to my bathroom and got ready for school. I took my time so that I don't have to face my family, but I can't ignore them for long knowing that they are right.

I sighed and went downstairs. Just as I was about to cross the hallway that connects with the kitchen and staircase, my parents come out of the kitchen. They sat on the dining table and looked at me.

"Chloe, can we talk?" Mom asked. Guess there is no going back.

"Yeah. I want to talk too," I mumbled and looked at my feet. I guess I should say it. I looked up at them as they glanced at each other.

"I'm sorry." We all said in unison. We exchanged confused looks.

"Why are you sorry?" Again we said together. I chuckled.

"I'm sorry for lashing out on you guys. I know you are trying to help me and I should be happy about it. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm really sorry." I gave them an apologetic smile, hoping they would forgive me.

"You are not the only one who is wrong. We were forcing you to talk which was wrong from our side. I knew you would eventually talk to us," she smiled at me. "I knew you won't be angry with us for long."

I laughed along with Dad. I looked at him. "I'm really sorry, Dad. I shouldn't have snapped at you." I went to him and gave him a tight hug.

"I love you, kiddo. Don't ever forget that," he said sternly. I gave him a smile.

"Now off you go. Don't you have school to attend?" Mom shooed me away, waving her hand frantically in front of her. I rolled my eyes at her as she looked away from me and eyed the food in front of her. Like mother like daughter.

I laughed and headed towards the door as I grabbed my car keys. I unlocked door and was about to slide in, when I heard another door closing behind me. I turned around and saw Chase coming out of his house.

He wore a white t-shirt that clings to his body perfectly and black pants paired with black shoes. He had shades covering his eyes and his blackish brown hair was pushed back in a messy look. He looked damn hot, but he doesn't need to know. He twirled the car keys in his hands as he played with him.

Suddenly, my phone beeped loud enough for me to snap out of my process of checking him. I unlocked my phone and saw that I had a message from Ashley,

You better come to school today or else I'll hunt you down.

I snickered at this. Ashley, Ashley when will you stop being so childish. I almost laughed at her sloppy little threat.

"Morning, sunshine." I heard Chase say as he neared his car.

"Morning," I greeted him. He nodded at me in response. Without another word, we entered our cars and went to school.

I gripped my hand on the steering wheel while replying Ashley. Rolling my eyes I replied,

On my way, calm the hell down, Ash.

A horn blared from my right side. Startled, I dropped my phone down. I whipped my head towards the sound and glared at Chase for scaring me.

He smirked at me. "Keep your phone away while driving. Wouldn't want an innocent person to die just because you can't keep your phone off for five minutes." There was a hint of seriousness in his voice.

Of course he cares about the other person who would bash into me. I scowled at him. "I didn't even start the engine, did I?" I answered in irritation. Well, it's the basic rule; you shouldn't use your phone while driving a car.

"Just making sure, princess," he smugly answered. He didn't wait for my response as he spared me one glance before speeding down the road. Talk about dying. His speed is enough to cause an accident.

I picked up my phone that I dropped because of the douchebag and kept it away on the other seat before driving to school.

I reached school in ten minutes, parked my car and entered the school hallway. I made my way towards my locker, only to find Ashley, Leah and Laura already waiting for me.

"Hey," Leah smiled at me to which I returned.

"Want to talk about what happened yesterday?" Laura asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I rather not." I kept my voice strained.

"Okay?" Ashley trailed and looked at the other girls giving them a point look. "We won't talk about it." She grinned at me. That's why she is my best friend. She knows when to push me and when not to, she knows me too well.

"Okay. How about the plan of pranking the boys?" Leah asked, excitedly. Mischief lit my eyes as I grinned at her.

"Yeah. That will be good," Ashley chuckled as she too had a large grin on her face.

"We'll talk about this at lunch before the boys come. We have to do it tomorrow though. Tomorrow is Friday so if they catch us and tried to get revenge, we could hide from them during the weekend," she explained us.

We nodded our head and parted our way to our class. I went to my math class, which was the first period that I don't share with any of my friends. Second I had history that I share with Leah, Alec and Jason. Then physics with Ashley, Laura, Ryan and Chase. Then, we had lunch, after that I have drama with Ashley, Alec, Ryan and Leah. I also had to take gym because of my marks in physics; all of us are there in gym. All my friends and all Chase's friend that I guess are mine and girls friends too now.

Classes went by and before I know, it's time for lunch. How I dread to eat something good. Hopefully, today we have something new that tastes good. I went to my locker and kept my books and made my way towards the cafeteria.

While I was going, Ashley and Jason were standing by Jason's locker talking. Well, actually Jason telling her something and Ashley was blushing furiously. I bet I saw Jason smirk after eyeing her rosy cheeks.

Something is going on.

I smirked to myself. I definitely have to kidnap Ashley and prey some information out of her. I giggled to myself and entered the lunchroom. I took my tray and to my luck, the food was the same. Absolutely no change. Does this school want us to die out of food poison?

"Hey, guys!" I exclaimed. I took my seat and looked at them. They were talking about some serious issue.

Leah looked at me like she won the concert ticket to One Direction. I mean, going to one direction concert is so cool. Her face totally lit up.

"Okay," I said slowly. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Seriously, I'm kind of scared now.

"I got a plan." She squealed. 

"Plan?" I questioned in confusion.

"You know, to prank the guys? We have to make a plan." I nodded remembering our talk from morning. "Yeah so we are talking about that plan!" She exclaimed.

"Okay. So, what is it?!" I exclaimed, getting excited too.

I haven't done anything this reckless in...like a year. Okay, it's not that reckless as it might seem but still. I want to know the plan.

"Calm down. I know you are excited, but let's just wait for Ashley, yeah?" Disappointment swept through me. 

"Aw, come on, Chloe. She might be on her way. Cheer up, baby." Laughing I shoved her lightly.

"Okay okay. Jeez!" I surrender my hand up in the air, mocking as we waited for Ashley. What is taking her so long? Is she sucking face with him...? I scrunched my nose up. Ew! I hope not.

I glanced up from my food as the lunch door swings open. Speak of the devil!

"Hey guys." She chirped. Someone's seems immensely happy.

"You look happy. May I ask why?" I questioned her, narrowing my eyes at her.

She looked at me alarmed like a deer caught in headlight. She let out a nervous laugh which leads my suspicions to grow more.

"Why? Can't I be happy?" She snapped. Yup! She is definitely hiding something. I know my best friend after all. I narrowed my eyes even more.

"No, of course, you can. I was just asking." I looked away. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked towards the owner to find Ashley who mouthed me 'we'll talk later' I smiled her. When she sat down, I grabbed my spoon to take a bite and also to hide the smirk that was breaking through my face. Jackpot! Guilt trap always works.

"Okay. Now that Ashley decided to join us," Leah said sarcastically, giving a look to Ashley while she just rolled her eyes in response. "I want to talk about the plan I came up with." Laura gave her a look. "Okay maybe not me, but whatever." She rolled her eyes.

Eager to know more, we leaned closer to her as she spoke. "As you know, Ryan loves his car. So we're going to vandalize his car. Like literally." She continues to explain what we have to do and I nearly fainted from the excitement. I can't wait to see Ryan's face. What shocked me was Laura was the one who actually came up with this plan.

"He irritates me in classes beyond belief. So I thought why not take revenge as a part of a prank!" She shrugged her shoulder and continued eating. We only laughed at her. I guess Ryan deserves it. He must have done something bad to her. Poor guy, now I really pity him because as far as I know Laura, she is not the person who forgives easily.

"Well, I think it's a good plan. It will serve them right. They are always the one to prank, but now they are the one who is going to get pranked." Leah said, excitedly.

"But isn't your cousin one of them?" Laura questioned. Oh! Yeah, I totally forgot that Chase and Leah are cousin brother-sister.

"Yeah he is which makes it more fun. And let's not forget what he did to Chloe." She said, looking at me and then pursued her lips, shaking her head, acting disappointed with her brother. What a drama queen. She took drama class, she perfectly fits in.

"He already said sorry, Leah. Quit acting," I said. She raised an eyebrow and scoffed at me. But after registering what I said, her eyes widen and jaws hung to the floor. Ashley and Laura looked pretty shocked, themselves. I don't blame them.

"When he said he wanted to talk to you, he didn't mean about saying sorry, did he?" Laura asked, still staring me wide eyes.

"Apparently so," I replied, still not sure what's the big deal.

"But he doesn't say sorry to anyone even if it's his fault. Not now, not ever!" Leah exasperated throwing her hands in the air. My jaws slacked to the ground.

"What!?" I exclaimed. She can't be serious. I mean, he looked nervous, but I never thought this would be the reason for his nervousness.

"Am not. I am not joking, Chloe. You can ask Aunt Stacie about it." She said, throwing her hands in the air.

"I don't believe this," Laura said, still shocked.

"Can't believe what?" An amused voice said from behind. We turned around so fast that I was afraid we would fall off the chair.

"Nothing." Laura answered strongly but there still was some hesitation that could be heard. I guess Ryan picked it up because from the looked he gave her, I don't think he believed her.

"How long have you been standing there?" Ashley finally opened her mouth.

"We just came. Heard the last part." Ryan said, still not taking his eyes off Laura.

"Is there anything we should know?" Alec questioned. They pushed the chair and sat beside us. Chase was to my left while Ashley towards my right.

"No." We all said together and looked at one other and let out a nervous laugh.

"Are you sure because you girls are acting quite weird." Chase pepped in the conversation.

"We are not." Again like fools we said together. They will get suspicions if we act all weird. I pulled my phone out and hid it under the table so no one could see me. I quickly texted all the other,

Act normal. Or else they will get more suspicions.

I pressed send and a few seconds later I heard the pings. The girls took out their phone one by one, and checked their messages. Understanding crossed their face as they looked up and attempted to act normal by make normal conversation. I kept my phone inside and continued eating my food.

I felt eyes on me so when I turned my head to the left I saw Chase staring at me. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked. He still did look away and continued staring at me. Irritated from his eyes burning holes through mine, I snapped at him. "Staring is rude."

"I know. But I can feel that you are hiding something. What are you hiding, Chloe?" He asked narrowing his eyes at me.

"Well, I'm not hiding anything. And even if I am, what makes you think I'm going to tell you?" I questioned his own question.

"I don't know. But I will find out soon." He said, tearing his eyes away and continued eating as this conversation didn't even happen.

Why do I have a feeling that we are not talking about the subject in hand and some other topic? His words had a double meaning in it. But I can't figure it out. I can't pinpoint it. Maybe it's just me who feels weird. Not giving much thought to it, I thought about what's going to happen tomorrow.

Prank war!

**

Prank. I have some in mind and from some I mean 2-3, but still need more. So if you have any ideas about it, let me know. Until then.

Read vote comment. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

8.1M 347K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...
7.3M 585 1
A tragic car wreck brings Alexis Carter to live with her aunt and cousin. When she goes to live with them she finds herself not only reminiscing old...
1.4M 43.9K 75
"she was a storm not the kind you run from the kind you chase." NEW LIMITS BOOK 1 THE FLASH SEASON 1 || ARROW SEASON 3 (quote by r.h. sin)
227M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...