Love by the Mystic Sea

By GreenEyedKoneko

Book 1 of the Enchanted Love Series A realm where magic exists and Fae, Shifters, and other supernaturals liv... More

The Realm
Chapter One ☾
Chapter Two ♛
Chapter Three ☾
Chapter Four ♛
Chapter Five ☾
Chapter Six ☾
Chapter Seven ☾
Chapter Eight ☾
Chapter Nine ☾
Chapter Ten ♛
Chapter Eleven ☾
Chapter Twelve ♛
Chapter Fourteen ☾
Chapter Fifteen ♛
Chapter Sixteen ☾
Chapter Seventeen ♛
Chapter Eighteen ☾
Chapter Nineteen ♛
Chapter Twenty ☾
Chapter Twenty-One ♛
Chapter Twenty-Two ☾
Chapter Twenty-Three ♛
Chapter Twenty-Four ☾
Chapter Twenty-Five ☾❤️
Chapter Twenty-Six ☾
Chapter Twenty-Seven ♛❤️
Chapter Twenty-eight ☾
Chapter Twenty-nine ♛
Chapter Thirty ☾❤️
Chapter Thirty-one ♛
Chapter Thirty-two ☾
Chapter Thirty-three ♛
Chapter Thirty-four ☾
Chapter Thirty-five ♛
Chapter Thirty-six ☾❤️
Chapter Thirty-seven ☾
Epilogue ☾

Chapter Thirteen ☾

674 31 0
By GreenEyedKoneko

I cannot get over at how beautiful Blyn's garden is. I am thrilled that Blyn told me he would give me a tour of the garden. I feel that it will most likely become a location I will frequent often. As we passed more fruit trees I noticed a small section of the Mystic Sea begin to appear. The calm waters appear to be a soft jade.

I notice that two rather large men are standing near the water, which causes me to assume that this is the known Jade Crossing. Blyn held onto me as we walked downward on a small narrow stone steps. As we walk down the steps my view of the Crossing becomes better, which allows me to see Callen, Azalea and Asher. 

A small smile spreads across my face in relief to see them here. It does not appear that the Jade Crossing made them ill. Once we stepped down the last step the guards turned their attention towards us. 

Now that Blyn and I are closer to the guards I am able to make out how tall and muscular they are. The taller guard with black hair and a scar under his left eye approaches us. The shorter guard with brown hair remains in his spot near Callen.

"Greetings your Majesty" said the taller guard in a deep voice. Blyn nodded his head in the direction towards the guard "Hello Erza".  Then, he leaned his head to the side to look at the other guard. "Hello Cyan". I noticed that Cyan, the shorter guard, has eyes that match his name. 

"Greetings your Majesty. I assume that these people are your guest since they bare your symbol". I narrow my eyes slightly to see that Asher is holding an envelope with an emerald design. I cannot make out how the design looks from where I am standing. 

"Yes that is correct. They are my brides party that will be staying with us from now on". Blyn smiled down at me as he held onto my waist. Erza nodded his head "Congratulations your Majesty". He looked in my direction and bowed his head. "Congratulations my Queen".

Cyan followed sure and bowed his head in my direction. "Congratulations on your upcoming ceremony my Queen". It feels rather odd that they are already addressing me as their Queen. "Thank you Erza and Cyan" I said with a smile on my face. They both look rather pleased that I have addressed them by their names. 

"I shall input our new residents energy into the Crossing so they are recognized" said Erza. Blyn nodded his approving of Erza's statement. Cyan looked over towards Azalea with a small smile on his face. "Miss Azalea, the dizziness you are feeling should disappear in a minute or two".

" The next time you go through the Crossing will be easier" said Cyan with reassurance in his voice. Azalea smiled as Callen steadied her footing by holding onto her shoulder. "Thank you. I am already beginning to feel better". 

I see, so my friends will have their energy manually placed into the magical energy of the Jade Crossing. Once the mating ceremony is complete I will be instantly connected to Blyn and the Emerald Isle. "Erza, I have arranged for your sister to bring you both a meal from the festivities". 

Erza bowed his head towards Blyn "Thank you for your kindness, your Majesty". I blinked slowly while looking at the two guards. "Are you both missing the mating ceremony?" I asked. Cyan nodded "Yes my Queen. Ezra and I lost the challenge that would have permitted us not to guard the Crossing during the ceremony. Ezra's sister shall inform us of the mating ceremony". 

Ezra included "Although we lost the challenge, we are honored to guard the Crossing during your mating ceremony". A smile spread across Blyn's handsome face. "What was the challenge this time? I recall for my coronation it was to climb the Northern Mountainside". My emerald eyes widened at the description of the dangerous challenge. 

"It was not an extreme challenge this time. We decided to play a card tournament, the two guards with the fewest amount of wins would guard tonight" answered Erza. "We thought it would be fair to Barrie since she is expected to give birth soon".

 I am surprised to hear that there are female guards here. In the Lunar Isle a select few women were chosen to be warriors. I should ask Blyn in the future how female guards are chosen. "That is right. I have heard that the midwife predicted that Barrie will have twins". Cyan nodded his head rapidly in excitement. "That is correct. Barrie and her mate are thrilled. They will truly be a guard family". 

Blyn chuckled softly "That is great news. Also, I assume that the card tournament was dangerous in its own way". Ezra nodded while he stretched his muscular arms out forward. "There was a lot of cheating, which caused a fight to break out after the third round". 

A grin appeared on Blyn's face "That sounds like an eventful evening. We must leave now to arrive at the temple". Erza and Cyan bowed their heads in unison in our direction. Then they allowed Callen, Asher and Azalea to pass through. As they walked towards us I can see a look of wonder in their eyes. 

I know that they are curious as to why I am standing so close to Blyn. They know that I would never let a man I do now know hold onto me. I should have asked Blyn if it would be safe to tell them that we are mates. I can create a mind-link with people who are close to me, such as Azalea. Perhaps I can mind-link with Blyn since we are mates. 

I moved my right hand so that I could touch his hand that is wrapped around my waist. Touching him may help create a mind-link since our mating is not complete. I closed my eyes and let out a soft sigh as I concentrated on my magic. I could feel a hint of magic that surrounded Blyn's mind and body. 

I should try to see if I can enter his mind now. "Blyn can you hear me?" I thought. I felt Blyn's fingertips twitch against my waist after he heard me. He did not answer, so we must not be able to communicate  completely through a mind-link. 

He can move his fingers, so I suppose we can communicate that way until our connection grows stronger. "I entered your mind because I walk to ask you a question without being heard. Move your fingers against my hand if you can hear me" I thought. Blyn gently tapped his index finger against my hand. 

"Would it be acceptable if I introduce you as my mate? They are uncertain why I am standing so close to you. Move your fingers once for no or twice for yes" I thought. I hope that Blyn agrees because I do not want to keep us being mates a secret. He moved his index finger upward, and then gently tapped my hand twice. 

I opened my eyes and gently squeezed his hand thanking him. A smile spread across my face since I am thrilled that we do not have to keep the fact that we are mates a secret. My party stopped walking once they stood in front of Blyn and I. "Are you feeling well Azalea?" I asked softly. A small smile spread across her slightly paled face. "Yes I am feeling well now".

Asher looked at me with concern in his brown eyes. "Did you pass through the Jade Crossing alright, Carita?" I can tell that Asher is ready to look over and heal me if necessary. "I am well Asher. Blyn was by my side, so the magic of the Crossing did not affect me".  He let out a soft sigh of relief. 

"Blyn, this is Callen, Azalea, and Asher, they have come with me from the Lunar Isle". Blyn nodded his head "It is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for keeping Carita safe during your journey here". Callen nodded in response to Blyn's words. "It is an honor to meet you, your Majesty. We have simply done our job, since we have sworn ourselves to Carita". 

I intertwined my fingers with his large warm fingers "Azalea, Asher, and Callen this is my mate Blyn". Azalea squealed softly while clapping her hands in excitement. Asher simply stared at us with his large widened brown eyes. While, Callen's mouth was slightly open as if he wanted to say something, but words refused to come out. 

They are all almost as shocked as I was when I  discovered the truth behind why I was to wed my husband-to-be. Blyn chuckled "We were just as shocked when we discovered the truth".  Azalea was the first to snap out of the shocked trance. "Congratulations! I am so happy for you Carita!"

I may have never voiced my fears to Azalea, but I am certain that she sensed my fears. "Thank you Azalea" I said. Asher and Callen nodded while muttering "Congratulations" in unison. "We should leave for the temple now" said Blyn. They all nodded and made sure they had their bags before we left. 

Blyn lead us up the stairs and through the lovely garden in the back of his home. We walked through the back door that Blyn and I exited his home from earlier. Blyn lead us through his home and stopped once we reached the bottom of the staircase. "You may leave your bags here so you do not have to carry them to the ceremony". 

They all begin to take off their bags that were strapped to their backs. I noticed that Callen had taken off an additional bag he did not carry throughout our journey. I looked at Azalea and raised an eyebrow in question. "Callen insisted that he carry your bag Carrita. I could have carried the bag!" Callen rolled his blue-gray eyes at her. 

"I am certain that you could have carried the bag. I simply wanted to lighten your load as we walked through the Jade Crossing" Azalea let out a soft sigh "I understand. Thank you Callen". I am glad that Azalea decided not to continue their conversation. Azalea and Callen tend to prolong  their conversations, especially if they are mad at one another. 

Blyn looked at the leather bags as if memorizing which bag belonged to whom. "It was very considerate of you to let them leave their bags here" I said. Blyn smiled "Your journey was very long, so it is understandable that your parties bags would  further tire them. After all, tonight is a joyous occasion". 

I beamed up at Blyn as I stared into his beautiful piercing blue eyes that have hints of emerald. "Now I will continue to lead us to the temple where the ceremony will take place". He lead us out a wooden door that was near the staircase. Blyn lead us down streets that were filled with homes and businesses. 

I am in awe at the beauty of the Emerald Isle as we continue to walk. Homes and business are large and two stories tall, with an occasional building that is three stories tall. The buildings appear to be constructed out of a solid concrete material. The exterior of the buildings have colorful wood or stone finishings. 

I noticed that there are various colored flowers and trees in front of homes and businesses. It appears that the people of the people of the Emerald have a love of flowers. "Is there a reason that so few buildings are three stories tall?" asked Asher. It appears that I am not the only one who noticed. 

"If the building is a home it belongs to a wealthy or noble family. If it is a business it means that they have a good amount of sales. Some businesses use the additional level as storage, another sales floor or rent it to a new business". 

Callen whistled softly "Do new businesses receive customers though? They are on the top floor of an established business". Callen does have a valid point. Customers may not give the new business a try because of this fact. "They do receive business. The owners place rather large signs from the third level. Also, there are staircases on the exterior to enter the shop". It seems that this situation has been well thought of. 

After passing through a crowded area of homes and businesses we began to walk up steep steps made of stone. Blyn held onto my hand and steadied me as I walked up the steps. I am glad that my gown is rather easy to move around in, since it would have been difficult to move up the steps. Once we reached the top of the steps I could see a temple in the distance. 

The temple appears to be near a cliff, so I am not surprised that the steps were steep. The temple is a reddish brown color and has a large wooden gate near the entrance. Across the exterior of the temple are sea waves in various shades of green. Various types of floral trees surrounded the temple. 

"The temple of the Water God is absolutely stunning" I said. Blyn gently played with our intertwined fingers as we neared the temple. "I am glad that you think so. The inside is also impressive". We walked up the uneven red stone steps, and then walked into the temple. 

The temple walls are painted a soft blue that resemble the morning sky. The floor is covered with white tiles that have specks of siege. Several stone carved emerald pillars support the temples structure. What I have seen of the temple is simply breathtaking. 

A woman with Blyn's bright auburn colored hair walked into the temples entrance. Her long hair frames her lovely oval shaped face. Her brown eyes stand out against her lightly tanned skin. The soft blue gown with emerald lace roses looks stunning against her feminine frame. 

"Blyn you have returned! Where is your Father?" Blyn chuckled as the woman, who I assume is his Mother, approached us. "Hello Mother.  Father will arrive shortly. He had to patrol the barrier before he left". She nodded her head and then turned her head towards my direction. Her brown eyes held warm and love, which reminded me of my Mother. 

"Hello Carita! I am glad to finally meet you!" she exclaimed as walked towards me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me towards her body. The warmth I felt as she held me truly reminded me of Mother. I will have to contact her after the ceremony to let her know I am well.

"Hello Queen Azura it is an honor to meet you" I said as she held onto me. She chuckled softly and pulled away from my body, but held onto my arm. "My, you certainly have a strong resemblance to Celinette when she was of age!" A soft laugh escaped my lips at the compliment I was given.

My appearance has often been compared to my Mother's, which I take as a compliment. "Thank you Queen Azura, I am honored to receive a compliment from you". She smiled and gently ran her hand across my arm. "We shall get to know each other more after the ceremony. I shall escort your party to their seats". 

She let go of my arm and gestured that Callen and the others are to follow her. They walked behind Queen Azura and followed her out of the temples entrance. I turned my head, so that I was able to look up at Blyn. "Is there a reason we did not go with them?" i asked. 

Blyn took a hold of my hand and raised it upward towards his soft rose colored lips. He gently placed his soft warm lips against my hand, and placed a feather soft kiss on it. I felt my face flush with heat at his sudden gesture. "It is tradition that mates walk to the alter together. It symbolizes that we will always be together". 

A small smiled spread across my face as we looked into each others eyes. I am glad to hear that we will walk toward our future together. Once we walk out of the temple entrance our new life as mates will begin. "That is very lovely. In the Lunar Isle the woman walks towards her mate who is at the alter". 

Blyn placed another kiss on my hand and then brushed his fingers against where he kissed my skin. "I did not know that we were mates, so I connately felt guilty that I believed I would be with a woman who was not my mate". I am glad to hear that Blyn and I had the same feeling about our arranged marriage. 

He took a soft breathe before he continued to speak. "I am truly glad that you turned out to be my mate. I know that we do not know each other, but I will make time so that we can get to know one another". Blyn seems to be a sweet man and I will enjoy our time getting to know each other. 

"I had the same feelings that you did regarding our marriage. However, on my journey here I had a vision that gave me hope". He stared at me in question while remain silent. "I asked my Father to tell me of your appearance. His description did not do you justice, since you are more handsome than he described". 

My face began to heat up and flush more from my embarrassing rambling. I let out a soft breathe before I continued to speak, since I do not want to say anything else that is embarrassing. "I had a vision of myself on a balcony. A man with the same color hair that my Father described appeared behind me". 

I paused for a moment before I continued to speak. " I began to hope that you were my mate for the remainder of my journey" I said softy. He gently ran his head across my hand where he kissed me as I continued to speak. "I am glad that you are my mate Blyn"

Meaning of Names

Erza: Help

Cyan: A greenish blue color

A/N: Hello everyone I hope that you enjoyed this Chapter! I plan to upload Chapter Fourteen next week either on Friday or Saturday. Until Next time please...

Comment

Vote

Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 240K 60
After fulfilling an Unbreakable Promise, Claire finally accepts her new life in Dragonwall. She has discovered a new purpose--one she created for her...
19.6K 783 30
What happens when your worst nightmare becomes a reality? What happens when fairy tales come true? And not just the good ones. Arielle has grown up h...
596K 38.3K 86
Book 1 (complete) - Veterinary student Elle wants to travel, but she doesn't plan on getting pulled into a magical kingdom by a unicorn. Thrust into...