Will You Go Out With Me?

Od cottoncandy894

A bunch of short stories for a certain someone ;) Více

Will You Go Out With Me?
Prom Part 1
First Date
He Gets Jealous
Technology Partners?
Rae's Journal
Happy Birthday!
Credit (not an update sowwy Rae)
Carnival
Dinner With The Family Part One
Almost 400 Views?!?!

Prom Part 2

56 8 3
Od cottoncandy894

Third person POV

        "Rae, c'mon, it'll be fine, you look fine, calm down," Rose, one of Rae's friends says, trying to calm the nervous 16 year old, a few hours before prom.

        "But, my back is ugly and I don't look good in this dress and Aiden will probably lo-" Rae starts, getting cut off by Mackenzie.

        "Rae Saxton, how many times have I told you, Michael loves you, not her, and she has nothing on you. Besides, she's going with someone."

        Hearing these words makes Rae feel a little better, though not completely.

        "You look beautiful, ladies," Rose's mother says, knocking on the door.

        "Mom," Rose complains, wanting her mother to go away. "Thank you," Mackenzie says. Rose's mother smiles at them, then closes the door.

        The girls finished getting ready in peace, talking back and forth, mostly about how Michael will be drooling over Rae the whole time, the victim of the teasing shooting down the idea almost immediately.

•°•·•°•·•°•·

        Getting dropped off at the school, where the prom is held, the three beautifully dressed girls make their way inside.

        "Go find your guy," they told Rae, following from a slight distance.

        Feeling nervous that he wasn't going to like her dress, or that he wasn't going to be here, she made her way towards the main area of the prom, where most of the people currently were.

         "Guess who?" The girl heard, hands covering her eyes.

        "Michael," Rae says, relieved that he came. Michael takes his hands off of her eyes, turning her around, his eyes not bothering to try being inconspicuous, checking her out without any guilt.

        "Wow," He breathes, feeling extremely lucky that this girl standing in front of him is his.

       "Is that a good wow?" Rae asks, half trying to be funny and half seriously asking.

        Michael pulls her into one of his infamous iron tight hugs, replying with a simple, "of course."

        They make their way over to the dance floor, where Rae shakes her head. "No way. I can't dance." Michael shakes his head.

        "You don't have to be good at dancing to have fun with it." With those words being said, he starts to dance, a glint in his eyes as he dares the girl to come join him.

        "Ugh, fine," Rae groans, walking closer to him, bouncing up and down on her toes.

         "That's not dancing, Rae, that's bouncing," Michael complains, grabbing her hands and moving them up and down.

        "Michael," she says, trying to pull her hands out of his. "Nuh uh," he says, his grip unwavering.

        Slightly embarrassed, Rae moves her hands, hoping that Michael would let them go once she made an effort to dance. After a few more seconds, Michael lets go, smiling as she danced with him.

•°•·•°•·•°•·

        Eventually, the young couple loses track of time, dancing for almost an hour, before they became too tired to continue.

         "Want to go get something to drink?" Michael asks, breathing heavily after that long dance session.

        "Sure," Rae replies, slightly out of breath herself. The two make their way to the long table, where snacks and drinks were laid out for the students, hand in hand.

        Mackenzie and Rose pop up behind them, laughing at Rae's expression. "How's it going?" Rose asks, winking at Rae. I swear to God, if they embarrass me another time... Rae thinks to herself, remembering the times when they've embarrassed her before.

        "It's all good," she replied, as Michael hands her a drink. "Hi guys," Michael says, smiling slightly.

        "Well, we'd better get going, just stopping by to say hi," Mackenzie says to the two, dragging the smirking Rose away with her.

        Handing Rae the drink he got for her, Michael smiled at her. "I'm so lucky to have you," he speaks honestly, never being so sure of anything before. Blushing, Rae smiles.

       "I'm lucky to have you, too. Three years ago, I never even would've imagined I'd actually be standing here with you right now."

        For a few minutes, the two just stand there, talking, eating, and drinking, when a slow song comes on. Michael smiles and takes Rae's drink, setting both of theirs down on the table, then takes Rae's hand, bringing his girlfriend -oh God did he love saying that- to the dance floor.

        He places his right hand on Rae's waist, drawing her in, while Rae places her hand on Michael's right shoulder.

        They dance to the song, eventually switching positions so that both of Rae's arms were around Michael's neck, and Michael's arms were around Rae's waist, then swaying to the song. Looking up at her boyfriend, Rae smiles a huge, idiotic smile.

        "What're you thinking about?" Michael asks upon seeing the wide, beautiful smile.

        "Nothing, just about how nothing could be better than this moment," The girl replied with a shake of her head.

        "Yeah?" Michael challenged. I bet I could think of a better moment, he says to himself, smirking slightly. "Yeah.." she replies, a little cautious of what he might do next. Putting his forehead against hers, he smirks.

        "Are you sure?" He asks, his voice changing to almost a whisper. To breathless to say anything, Rae just looks at Michael's eyes.

        The distance -or lack thereof- between them always makes her breathless. Sure, they've been this close before, and sure they've kissed before, but every time they do, Rae falls in love with him all over again.

        Michael slowly leans in, taking his sweet time. Impatient, Rae reaches up, so their lips meet.

        Every time they kiss, Michael just can't get enough, always wanting to take it a step further. Deciding that he won't right now, since they're in the middle of the dance floor, Michael makes a promise to himself.

         A promise that, the next chance he gets, he will show Rae just how much she means to him, without fancy presents or big words.

        They break apart, foreheads resting against each other again. "Michael, I-" The boy cuts her off.

        "Rae, every time we kiss, it takes so much willpower not to just-" Michael cuts himself off this time. Shaking his head, he says, "Never mind, forget I said anything." Rae, although not hearing the whole thing, heard enough of what the boy said to make a pretty good guess.

        Blushing, Rae quickly pecks him on the lips, before leading him over towards the table, where their drinks lay. Rae hands the red-faced Michael his drink, and takes a sip of hers.

(A/N: I'm cliche af so prom king and queen is happening deal with it)

       "Ahem," a girl says into a microphone, the voice echoing loudly throughout the large room. "Now it's time to announce this year's prom king and queen!"

        Her overly cheerful voice is giving me a headache, Rae thinks, frowning slightly. Little did she know, Mackenzie and Rose are standing in a corner, smirking at their evil plan forming. The two payed/bribed everyone in the school -secretly, of course- to vote for the couple, their otp
-One true pairing- of the year.

         "And the winner for prom king is....." the voice starts. "Michael Hemmings!" Rae claps for her boyfriend, nudging him up to the stage, where his crown awaits for him.

        "And the winner for prom queen is....." Great, Rae thinks. Now I have to watch some fake ass ho dance with my man.

        "Rae Saxton!" Mike watched as the girl of his dreams walks towards the stage, a look of confusion and nervousness on her gorgeous face.

         As the announcer put the fake tiara on Rae's head, she smiled. "Now give it up for this year's prom king and queen!"

        The preppy voice was drowned out, though quite loud, for Michael smiled a smile at Rae that made the girl weak in the knees, and, as the girl grinned back, they both realized that they were madly in love, even more so than they thought before.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

107K 3.6K 25
Third story ;)
7 1 11
Drama. Life. And teens. Hehe :3
161 3 28
🦋💕✨
184 1 8
This is the collection of short stories, written by an anything but normal teenager.