He's a She

Por MayEsdot

Charlene James was the daughter of Chad James, one of the highest ranking snipers for the CIA. But when CIA... Más

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Ten

6.3K 249 16
Por MayEsdot

To those of you who are still reading this, I greaty appreciate it!  I am still doing the comment/dedication thing.  To those of you that I have not read a story from yet, I apologize and will try to get to it next weekend.  So please

Comment

Vote

Fan

________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER TEN

            I went to the gym at three the next morning, hoping that I could get done before Luke finished his run.  I was cooling down with some stretches.  It was almost four now.  I was rather surprised that I had managed to get my whole work out done within an hour, but the whole time my mind was out of it.  It had been on Luke.  I still had no clue what happened to him yesterday.  When I arrived back at the dorm he was nowhere to be found, and I had gone to bed before he had came back.  Maybe he was avoiding me? 

            “Renee?” I jumped at the sound of my fake name.  The one that I haven’t heard for nearly a week.  I recognized that voice right away, it was Luke.  I sighed and rose to my feet.  He was standing over by the balance beam.  How long had he been there for?

            “Yes.” I said as I walked over to him.  He already knew that I had been doing this so there was no use in avoiding him.  He smiled as I approached.

            “Hey,” he said with a small wave.  I waved back.  I stopped in front of him, he was nearly six inches taller than me so I craned my neck to get a good look at him.  I looked up to his face, searching.  I found his eyes and was mesmerized.  They were so bright right now, but they were contemplating something.  What are you thinking about? 

            I tilted my head slightly and my gaze fell on his lips.  I quickly pulled away and went back to looking at his eyes.  We stood in silence.  One of his hands came up and found my cheek.  It caressed it lightly and I leaned into his hand.  He smiled at me weakly, but I could tell that he was nervous.  Nervous for what?  Wait, I had told him to kiss me.  Oh boy.  His eyes trailed down to my lips and then back to my eyes.

            “I-” He started, but I cut him off.  I leaned up onto my toes and pressed my lips against his.  Man, I had waited so long for this moment. 

            His lips were warm against mine, and immediately started to move at my touch.  His hand dropped and grabbed me around my waist.  My own hands trailed up and wrapped around his neck.  Our lips continued to move in sync softly as we pulled closer to each other.  This was so wrong on a number of levels.  He nibbled on my bottom lip and my mouth instinctively opened.  I moaned softly as his tongue found its way into my mouth.  He tasted so good. 

            His spare hand found my back and pulled me even closer.  His lips started to move faster and harder, devouring mine and forcing me to surrender.  I broke the kiss and pulled away, breathing heavily.  I looked up at him.  His face was painted with shock. 

            “Renee?” He asked as I closed my eyes and let myself fall into him.  I buried my face into his chest. 

            “Huh?”

            “A-are you in any trouble with the law at all?”

            “No,” I looked up at him, “Why would you think that?”

            “No good reason.” Luke glanced over at the large windows that surrounded the room and then back at me.  What was this boy getting at?

            The larger man pulled out his phone as the scene in front of him played out.  He watched as the girl stretched and Luke entered.  He spoke and she turned to face them.  It was her all right.  He speed dialed a number and brought the phone up to his ear.

            “James,” he said, “We’ve found her.” He watched as the boy pulled her to him and they kissed.  Disgusting.  The smaller man whistled which resulted in him having a hard slap to the arm.

            “Good,” his boss spoke.  “Do you know of a way that we can contact her?  We need to get her off of that campus as easily as possible.  And that means not being detected.” The man nodded.

            “I feel that you already have a plan sir.” He listened as his boss laughed.

            “Yes, I will get my boy on it as soon as possible.  You may leave now Richie.  You are one agent who never seems to disappoint me.”

            “If only we could say the same thing about Ted.” He looked over at the smaller man in disgust.  He listened as he boss laughed.  He said his goodbyes and hung up.  He closed his phone and shoved it into his pocket. 

            “Our work is done here.” Richie said as he turned to go.  Ted followed him out of the building. 

            “I wish I got some of that action.” Ted started to cackle.  Richie rolled up his sleeves and hit him hard on the back of the head.  When his sleeves were up, the large circular burn on his left wrist was visible.  He was a member.

            “And then he kissed me.” I was busy filling in Parker on the newest of what had happened during the week.  It had been two days since Luke had kissed me, and I was still freaking out.  I sat down on the bed next to him.  He was wearing a headset today.  He smirked.

            “Lucky you,” he was playing COD again.  He ran up a staircase and went to a window.  He sat in wait for his next victim. 

            “You’re jealous.” His on screen person crouched down and took aim. 

            “Sure, I am jealous that you kissed your roommate, who just so happens to be a guy.”  Yeah, I knew it.  A person came into view and Parker shot him dead.  He smiled to himself as he did so.

            “I got the flag.” The foggy voice came out of his Xbox and I jumped. 

            “What the?” I screeched.  Were Xboxes supposed to talk?

            “Dude, you have a chick in your room?” The Xbox spoke again.  Parker nodded his head in defeat.  “Is it Scarlet?” The guy blurted.  ‘Scarlet’? I mouthed.  Parker got up and grabbed the remote to his Xbox.  He turned off the volume.  I smiled.  So, that was why he looked at her like that.

            “You like Scarlet,” I teased.  At that his cheeks lit up.

            “Do not!”

            “Do to.”

            “No.”

            “Yes,” I was so going to win this.  Now his ears were turning red.

            “No.”

            “No.”

            “Yes.”

            “Ah ha!” I screamed as I shot up to my feet.  “You do like her!”

            “What?” He looked completely lost.  Parker covered up the microphone on his headset.

            “I don’t like Scarlet.” He told me while putting on a serious face.

            “Really?  Then who do you like?”

            “Why would I tell you?”

            “Is it a guy?  Is that why you won’t tell me?” I poked his side and he backed away.  He was wearing a somewhat guilty face.  I had just said that to be funny, and somewhat stupid I guess.  “Oh my god!  My best friend is gay!” I shot to my feet and Parker covered my mouth.

           “Not so loud.” He hissed.  “We don’t want people to actually think that.”

           “Wait, you aren’t gay?”

           “Not exactly.”

          “What’s that supposed to mean?” He shrugged and I figured that meant ‘end of discussion’.  We stood in silence for a bit. 

          “Shut up!” He randomly screamed as he threw down his headset.  He went up to his Xbox and turned it off.  “Stupid.” He mumbled.

            “Rage quit!” I cheered.  “What did he say?” I rolled onto his bed.

            “Nothin’,” he went over to his fridge and grabbed out a pop.  I was starting to notice how much pop he drank, and it was quite a lot.  He tipped up the can and allowed it to flow into the side of his mouth instead of pressing it to his mouth like a normal person.  I raised and eyebrow and he pointed to the hoop in his lip.  I nodded and he continued to drink his pop. 

            Parker wasn’t like every guy you would meet.  I know that I have only known him for a few days, but there was a lot more to him then you would think.  At school he would be quiet and he would stay in his own world, but alone or with me he could be quite the normal and slightly cool guy.  I had also realized what a great listener he was.  I had been talking about Luke for the last hour and he hadn’t protested once.

            “When did you get all of those?” I gestured to the piercings on his face.  He shrugged and sat down next to me.  “Did they hurt?” I turned to face him.  He shrugged again and I smiled.  “You know you can be honest with me, right?” He directed his gaze away from me and to the now turned off television.  I sighed.

            Silence.  How boring.  I laid down on his bed and smelt his sheets involuntarily.  They smelt minty too.  Why did this kid smell so minty all of the time?  I started to crocodile roll across his bed.  I kind of slid on the sheets which made it that much more fun.  I smiled and prepared to run into Parker at any moment.  I closed my eyes and kept on rolling.  I felt the bed shift, that was when the bed vanished.  I shrieked as I started to roll off of the side.  I tried to grab onto the sheets of the bed but the silk slipped through my fingers.  I rolled off of the side.  I brought up my hands to protect my face and closed my eyes, preparing for impact with the hard tile floor.

            “Umph,” Parker let out a large amount of air just as I hit the floor.  Wait, the floor was warm, and breathing.  What the heck?  I opened my eyes just to see dark eye shadow.  It moved as he wedged his eyes open.  They were so cool looking close up.  The light blue seemed to have white streaks running through it creating a crystallized effect. 

            “Whoa.”

            “What?”

            “You, uh, you have really pretty eyes.” I blushed.  He smiled at me and it shown clearly through his eyes.  It was a genuine smile.

            “Uh, thanks.”  I looked down at him.  He was lying on his back and I was on my stomach on top of him.  Our faces were at the same level, but my legs only came to mid shin on his.  I pulled up my arm and put them on either side of his head as an attempt to push myself up.  I put down my right hand, and then my left.

            “Ow!” He hissed.  I quickly pulled my hand back.  “Man,” he brought up a hand and grabbed his ear.  It was the one with the gauge in it.

            “Sorry, did I hit that?” I asked.  I dropped my other hand back and fell back onto his chest.  He let out a little bit more air, me being on top of him was really not helping this situation.  I looked over to his ear, but couldn’t quite see.  I grabbed his chin and tilted his head to the side, at the same time I moved his hand that was holding his ear. 

            “Let me see,” I said as I bit my tongue in concentration.  He had a black gauge in his ear today.  It had a small red rubber band on both the front and the back of it to keep it in place.  I grabbed his ear and looked at it.

            “It wasn’t my ear.” He said under me.

            “Huh?”

            “The gauge, you pushed it into my head.” Oh, I looked at the point on the end of it and then I folded his ear over and saw the small amount of blood bubbling up from the puncture on his head.

            “Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to.” I let go of his chin and he turned back to face me.  He closed his eyes and let his head fall back.  I started to rise and fall steadily with his breathing.  I put my hands on top of each other and put them on his chest.  I then rested my head on my hands, using them as a pillow.  It was strangely calming lying on his chest. 

I let my eyelids slide closed as I listened to his steady breathing.  I used to do this with my dad when I was little, whenever I had a nightmare I would come into his room and he would let me sleep on his chest, of course I was smaller then and could fit my whole body on just his chest.  With Parker I was completely covering his body.  I slid my knees up closer to my chest and snuggled more into him.  I sighed lightly as I drifted off to sleep.

______________________________________________________________________

                                                    Author's Note

Dear readers, I know that the updates are a week apart and that stinks.  Trust me, I read stories that are uploaded that often all of the time, but that is for your own good (so to speak).  When I finish writing the whole book I will upload twice a week, this is just so I don't get ahead of my writing and so I am not forced to write really quickly because then it would probably stink pretty badly...oh, and if you read author's notes please PM me and let me know, I want to know if they are worth writing or not!  Thanks!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...
396 46 17
To enter high school is hard enough; what with sports, girls/boys and of course homework. Couple you're regular teen angst with a horrible tragedy th...
238K 7.6K 23
Lauren's parents were murdered when she was just fifteen years old. At school she is the badass who stays by herself, till one day of her senior year...
92.7K 1.7K 21
Corporations own your contract based on how useful your Gift is and how valuble that makes you. Humans born without a Gift are refused Citizenship an...