Book 1: She's a Keeper | Augu...

By LivThaWriter

What happens when you meet the one person you relate with the most? All rights reserved. No part of this pub... More

Not Your Average Story...
1
2
3.1
3.2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17.2
18
19
20 ~ Filler Chapter
21
22
23
24
25.1
25.2
26
27
28.1
28.2
29
30
31.1
31.2
Books
32
33
34
35
36
37.1
37.2
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45.1
45.2
46
47

17.1

65.3K 1.9K 875
By LivThaWriter

Aug no longer has the DefJam email for booking in his Instagram bio, that's all I'll say 🤐

Cydney's Instagram is @ grahamsydney for y'all who ask.

"Do you really think her being down here would be a good idea?" I asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. Yes the temptation is nearby where you are, but the people who got her into the mess are closer to where I'm at. Either option isn't good, but your place is better. Maybe her being around her daughter will help change her ways around."

I sighed for about the hundredth time this morning. For the past hour I'd been talking to my aunt about what to do with my mom.

Eventually, we came up on the agreement that if she stayed here, she'd be working a real job where ever she can, paying in on the rent and other house bills. Let's not forget her curfew too.

After getting off the phone, I decided to take the little time I had to get dressed for the day. A sweatshirt of August's and my grey leggings would do it for the day. I didn't have much planned other than the meeting at the studio that was a hour or so from now.

Walking from my room, I stopped at the guest room to check on Andrea but seeing as the door was wide open, she wasn't in there. As I kept walking to the front, I could smell bacon frying.

"Afternoon," She said over her shoulder as she payed attention the the food on the stove.

"Afternoon.." I said narrowing my eyes, observing her.

Her hair was in a neat ponytail, she wore the pair of sweats and t-shirt I lent her. For the most part, she looked clean, sober I guess.

It was slightly weird having her in my kitchen cooking, but that would be something I'd have to get use to. "I talked to Aunt Brenda."

"I know, I did too." She said while scooping the eggs from the pan onto two plates. "I remember you slept late a lot when you were little, do you still enjoy a late breakfast?"

"Not really.."I said feeling sort of bad. The way I did things changed a lot after moved out. I slept in late from time to time, but I rarely ate breakfast on those days.

"Oh," She continued to fix the plates, "Well if you don—" "I have a long day ahead of me, I should eat though." I said grabbing a plate from the counter and sitting at the table.

She smiled slightly before bringing her plate to the table, sitting across from me.

"I really like your place," she spoke, making conversation. "It's cozy."

I nodded in reply as a thanks since my mouth was full of food. The fluffy eggs and pancakes just reminded me of how great of a cook she was when I was little. I was surprised her cooking skills held up.

"Uhm, and I saw that old picture of you and Jordan in the living room.." She began.

"Yeah.."I said simply while forking the pancakes on my plate. It may sound bad, but I really didn't want to talk to her, especially about my brother.

"Well, I have to leave in a few minutes." I stated as I stood up from my seat. "I've got a meeting at work."

"Alright," She stood up herself, grabbing my half eaten plate up under her clean one. "I guess I'll see you later on?" She said before walking off to the kitchen.

"Yeah," I replied while slipping on my favorite Vans.

I managed to make it to the studio with a good ten minutes to spare. To pass time, I pulled out my phone and began going through all my social media sites.

Omniscient

"Callie Cal! My favorite baby," August said grabbing the giggling baby from his brothers hands. "Did you miss me?" He spoke in his usual baby tone he did with her, receiving more giggles and even a few bits and pieces of words.

Every time August came back from a show, tour or trip that was out of town, he made sure to vist everyone. Holding her to his chest, he sat down across from Travis to chop it up about what's been going on.

"What's good bruh?" Travis asked muting the TV.

"I just been chillin'. Just got back from Dubai tha otha day."

"That's right, how was it?" He asked him, "I seen ya snaps n' shit."

"It was coo. Just like last year when we went." He mentioned while placing his niece on the floor. "I brought Cydney along as alil Christmas gift, ya kno."

"I seen that, nigga. I also seen that Cristina was thea too. How that shit go down?" Travis asked.

August sighed, "Man." He began telling him everything that happened once Cristina and Cydney were both in the picture, from her kissing him in front of Cydney to her popping up wherever they were.

"But Cyd took shit like a G, I ended up goin ta tha next level wit ha." He added.

"Bruh you fucked ha? Mane I bet that was some good—" "Trav." he cut him off, already knowing where his next sentence was going. "I ain't do nunna dat. I kissed ha tho. Tol' ha we can see whea it goes and she agreed."

"You always takin' shit slow." Travis replied lowly, "How long this gon' be unda wraps?"

"And yo ass takin' shit fast is how you got a lil girl." August retorted looking at . "But until we wanna let 'em know. I'm only tellin' you cause you met ha, plus I was thinkin bout ha going ta Nola wit us next month."

"Aye na, Callie slowed my fast ass down." He mugged. "You told moms and Cha? They don't play bout who baby Aug be wit." He joked.

"Barely," August mumbled, referring to Travis' first set of words. "I'ma tell 'em tanight tho. But enough on me, what's good wit you?"

"Shit I'm chillin' too mane. Me and Tima got this co-parenting thang down."

"Know y'all gon be tha talk of Nola if y'all ain't tagetha but gotta baby."

"I know bruh, I gotta figure that shit out," Travis said while stroking his chin. "She'on wanna fuck with me unless I grow up but I'm grown as hell right na. Runnin' my own business, gettin' outchea with actin'. What else she want from me?"

"Ta commit nigga, damn." August chuckled.

Travis looked at him uneasily, "I ain't ready fa tha yet." Callie hit on his leg breaking up their grown man conversation, while babbling random words at the same time making Travis and August smile wildly.

"Trav, you don't wanna settle down and she gave you this beautiful thang right hea?" August asked while picking Callie up. "I don't get it."

After a good hour of just kicking it
with his brother, August left leaving Travis and Callie to their father-daughter bonding. His next stop was to see his other three nieces.

First day back from Dubai, August only had time to get to Chandra's and right back out the door with Amaiya, not giving him a chance to see Kayden and Chaylin who were over at a friends house for a sleepover at the time.

Once he greeted the three of them, giving them a few gifts from his trip, they ran off to wherever in the house occupying themselves while August talked with Chandra and his mom.

"Hey Cha, I needa talk ta y'all bout sum, whea mom's at?" He asked getting to the point.

"Right here, baby." his mom said walking into the living room. "What's up? How was Dubai? Did yo bring me something back?" She asked while hugging him from behind.

"Chill, ma" He chuckled. "Dubai was good, hea." He passed Cartier bags to both Sheila and Chandra. They opened their bags, one held a pair of expensive sunglasses while the other bag held a necklace with a pendant on it.

"Oh you know you didn't have to!" Sheila held the necklace, examining it.

August watched her look over her gift, he chuckled, "Know damn well I had ta."

Knowing she was looking for the price tag, August smirked before turning his attention to Chandra. She already had her new sunglasses on, taking selfies.

"Thank you, Aug," Chandra smiled at him.

He shook his head at her antics before speaking, "Can we talk now?" He chuckled, making hisself comfortable on the sofa.

"Sure," Chandra answered, taking off her sunglasses while Sheila sat down beside her.

"Um, well I plan on bringin' someone wit me ta Nola when we go next month. I just wanted ta let ya kno'." he said nervously, scratching the back of his head.

Talking to Travis about this was easy, but when it came to two of the most important women in his life, the talk of another female put him on edge.

"And who is she?" Mama Sheila spoke up.

"He never said it was a female, Mama." Cha chimed in glancing at her.

August nodded clearing his throat, "It is." Chandra looked at him like he was crazy.

"A mother knows," Sheila said, "If you want to bring her, we have to meet her. It's not that Crissy girl is it? I really don't like her." She scrunched up her face.

"That shit dead," August said not thinking.

He received a hard slap from his mom in the back of the head making him groan in pain.

"Ah, shit mama." He hissed earning another slap. "Mama chillat!" He rubbed his head trying to ease the pain.

"Watch yo mouth boy," she raised her voice, "now, who are you bringing?"

"Cydney." He said, simply hoping he didn't have to go into much detail.

"That girl who won your contest awhile back? She seems really chill August," Chandra complemented, "I haven't met her yet, but she don't give you no drama unlike some people and I love that in her." she added throwing some shade.

"If you don't.." August mumbled before speaking up, "I guess I can set up something next week fa y'all ta meet—" "Tonight," Sheila said.

Both August and Chandra looked at Sheila before looking at each other and back to her.

"What?" They both answered, giving off crazy looks.

"We'll meet her tonight. It can be a girls night out, right Chandra?" Sheila said.

"Us? But who's gonna watch the girls? I can't find—" "August will do it. Right baby?" She said placing her hand on his knee.

"I kinda had plans—" "Great, let her know, and we'll pick her up." She said.

"But mama—" "But nothin'. You want her on this trip right?" August nodded his head reluctantly.

"You sure tho? She kinda live outta tha way," August said trying to change her mind.

"It's no problem, we got it August." She said sternly for him to get the point that she wasn't in fact changing her mind.

Chandra and August continued exchanging glances at each over. Cha's face was more of a this is your fault while August's read I was just tryna let y'all know. After both sighing heavily, they agreed to do it.

"Fine," They said at the same time, huffing in the end.

August continued, "I'll have to see what she's up ta tanight, ha mom came in town this week," He said without relaying too much of her business.

"If you want her to go back home with us bad enough, she'll be ready at seven." Sheila spoke before standing up and walking out the room.

Since it was still early in the day, he reluctantly decided to make the phone call now. Being at Chandra's house meant little to no privacy so he took his phone call outside in the driveway.

"Hello," Cydney answered out of breath.

"Somebody's hot fa Big Daddy Aug," August smirked to himself.

"Boy bye," She answered still out of breath. "I'm at the studio,"

"Oh, so they opened it back early, huh?" He asked propping himself up on the hood of his truck.

"Yeah, that's what the big meeting was about today, I'm so glad though. I was tired of laying around the house all day."

"So I guess you busy tanight, huh?" August asked hoping she was.

"Well I'm free after.. five?"

August mumbled a cussword under his breath, "Well you got plans na." He said.

"What plans?" She said while taking a seat in a nearby chair.

It was Cydney's breaktime that was held in between her classes she taught for the day. Since the building reopened today, there were a lot of people ready to dance since they received the studio's Facebook and Instagram post. Being out for a few weeks took a toll on the avid dancers.

"Well you know how I wanted you ta come wit me ta Nola fa a few days?"

Sipping her water, she nodded as if August could see before speaking, "Yeah? Don't tell me you want to change the date." She sighed. "I already took off for that weekend you said—"

"Nah, it's not that." He said smirking at the fact that she'd already reserved her off days.

"My mama and Cha wanna meet ya.. tanight." He said receiving silence. "You thea?" He spoke again.

"Y-yeah. I'm here." She stuttered.

"If you don't want to that's fine, but I want you in Nola wit me baybeh." He slightly begged. "It's tha only way you'ca come."

There goes his accent making her weak in the knees again. If his accent hadn't rolled off his tongue, she would've said no in a heartbeat.

"I guess I can.." She mumbled.

"Thank you baybeh, " He said making her smile, "I'a owe you fa dis." He spoke before confessing the details of what was going on for the night.

The thought of the three of them meeting officially scared him. He had to hide it his fears through the calmness of his voice, saying how smooth things would go tonight. He sensed that Cydney was a little scared herself, so him adding to it wouldn't help.

"Aight, I'ma let you go." August said before they both said their goodbyes.

Once August was back in the house, once again he was bombarded by his nieces. He understood that they missed him while he was gone, but every time he walked in the door they treated him like he was the President.

Shaking his head, he walked over to the couch with them and made use of the gaming system to play a dance game with them. It seemed to be something they loved doing with him because August couldn't dance to save his life.

"Ya know what? Y'all love dancin' so much, I got a lil surprise fa y'all next week." August grinned at them and they shouted excitedly causing August to cover his ears.

"Ay Ay, chill fa ya moms come in hea wildin'."

They settled down quickly and went back to there quiet voices. Before he could get his but whooped again, he recieved multiple messages on his phone.

Cristina: Miss me yet? 😉😘😘

He sighed heavily at the sight of a familiar, half naked woman on his screen. It'd been months since he'd gotten at least some type of attention and probably triple before he would even get some.

What surprised him the most was that he was perfectly fine with waiting. He just hoped that Cydney would be worth it like he felt she was.

Swearing he already blocked her before, he shook his head as he deleted the message thread and started the game, not wanting to think of the matter anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539K 26.3K 30
What if we happen to kiss? Then we touch? Put a rush on it, and get it over with? What if I just know, what you like? And it feels right, and then it...
114K 3.2K 42
Series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This Is Our Life } [ This is the first book of the three book series...
233K 3.2K 80
Y/n Imagine book 2 Ask to request any celebrity Remember if you are not 14 you can not get a freaky or a violent imagine Send the request to my me...
186K 7.9K 48
You Must Read °Love Don't Cost A Thing.[Book 1] °Love Changed. [Book 2] °Lost Love. [Book 3] To Understand °Love Don't Change.[Book 4] Quadrilogy to...