Me and My Shadow Enter the Na...

By WhisperedLightning

Leaha Lateire had been living a lie for the entirety of her 15 years of life. Keeping the truth about herself... More

Chapter 1 -Yeah that's me... err, us
Chapter 2 -What the hell just happened?!
Chapter 3 -You totally jinxed it!
Chapter 5 -Dreams and invisible chakra
Chapter 6 -The new kid's a mind reader?!
Chapter 7 -A neighbor, a friend, a traitor and a demon
Chapter 8 -Kale's a woman and fan girls are sheep
Chapter 9 -A show, teams and intros
Chapter 10 -Blue eyes and jingle bells
Chapter 11 -Our first mission! Well... first REAL mission
Chapter 12 -Blushing birdy Sasuke and Zabuza the hot rouge ninja
Chapter 13 -Monkey see monkey do, I just beat the crap outta you!
Chapter 14 -Midnight escapades
Chapter 15 -Tree climbing training and heart to heart tips
Chapter 16 -A stalkers excuse, a little brother and talking stones
Chapter 17 -Chihuahua's are epic fighters
Chapter 18 -Battles end, lines crossed and words left behind
Chapter 19 -Hotties galore, the competition arrives!
Chapter 20 -Hello Sensei, remember me?
Chapter 21 -Test cheaters and their nerdy trading cards
Chapter 22 -Interviews and the true enemy appears!
Chapter 23 -That is Orochimaru and this is my soul mate
Chapter 24 -The Nightmare
Chapter 25 -Unforeseen complication
Chapter 26 -I spy with my little eye...
Chapter 27 -Let's get this party started!
Chapter 28 -The first rounds commence
Chapter 29 -The second batch of fights
Chapter 30 -To fight or not to fight... that is the question
Chapter 31 -Happy birthday, would you like flowers with your kunai?
Chapter 32 -Prowlers that travel the darkened shadows
Chapter 33 -The third round begins, a ninja back from the dead?
Chapter 34 -Winds and Shadows
Chapter 35 -Dosu, the the lost ninja's fight
Chapter 36 -The hidden card is finally played
Chapter 37 -Destruction and corruption
Chapter 38 -Protection
Chapter 39 -A promise kept... goodbye
Chapter 40 -Hate between brothers
Chapter 41 -The importance of the water balloon
Chapter 42 -Lady Tsunade
Chapter 43 -We meet again
Chapter 44 -So close... but to what?
Chapter 45 -Todoroki last mission?
Chapter 46 -The race is on
Chapter 47 -An auspicious day
Chapter 48 -The collectors
Chapter 49 -Sasuke retrieval squad
Chapter 50 -The sound four
Chapter 51 -One by one

Chapter 4 -Oh no, not you again

10.9K 320 44
By WhisperedLightning

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

CHAPTER 4-~-

I woke to a shrill ringing, I put the pillow over my head; it got louder and louder. “Oh my god, is it in my head?! Why for the love of all that is holy, is it getting louder,” I growl, slightly muffled by the pillow. I heard a sound strangely similar to a snicker, “OH NO YOU’RE NOT!” I raged, whipping the pillow at Kale, who was holding the evil noise producer near my head. “Hahahaha, that was priceless! That’s why you get up when your alarm goes off and not ignore it,” he smirked, having dodged my pillow attack.

I growled, “Just wait, I’ll get you yet,” I threatened. He just shrugged, “looking forward to it, but ahh… I would get dressed and eat cause we have to leave soon. I narrowed my eyes, “exactly how soon is soon Kale,” I said calmly. “Hmmm…about 30 minutes,” he said looking at the alarm clock still in his hand. “Why do you do this to me?!” I say frustrated, grabbing my clothes and running to the small bathroom to take a shower. “Can you AT LEAST make breakfast so it’s done when I am,” I yell over the water. “Yeah yeah,” he replied. Please let him listen this time, I thought to myself.

Ten minutes later I walked out of the bathroom. I looked over at the table, hoping that he had made something, I gaped. There was cut fruit and those rice balls that you always see everyone here eating. “Kale! This is amazing, when did you learn to make this!” He smirked, “the recipe is on the box,” he laughed. My smile instantly turned into a frown, “smartass, well either way you’re in charge of meals from now on,” I grinned.

“What no way!” “What else do you have to do hmm…oh that’s right nothing.” He turned away from me, “come on Kale pleeeeassse,” I begged. He shook his head. I wrapped my arms around him, “pwease Kale, pweassse,” I said as I gave him the puppy dog eyes. He groaned, rubbing the back of his head, “you play dirty… fine alright,” he finally gave in. “Yesss, thank you Kale, you’re the best,” I said giving him a squeeze. “You know it,” he said hugging me back. I stepped away and sat down to eat.

“I swear to god if we’re late,” I yell running up to the Hokage’s office, I blazed through the front doors and took the stairs 2 at a time. I skidded to a stop in front of his office, taking a breather; after a second I knocked on the large double doors. “Come in,” I opened the door and walked up to his desk.

*No one else is in here, I thought we were meeting the tutor today*  *Maybe its Kakashi and he’s late* I suggested. “Ahh Saki good morning, you’re right on time,” he smiled. I just nodded looking around the room; we really were the only ones there, not even the guard from before. He noticed me looking around, “Oh yes about your tutor, they were called on to do an important mission, but I have found someone else to replace them.” Suddenly there was a knock at the door, “come in,” the Hokage repeated.

My mouth fell open a little bit before I closed it, but couldn’t remove the look of surprise from my face. He walked up beside me and bowed slightly, “you wanted to see me Lord Hokage,” he gave me a weird look. “Yes, thank you for coming Neji, I have a mission of sorts for you,” the old man said leaning back in his chair. “I would like you to tutor Saki in the ways of the ninja. Seeing as you already know each other, I thought it best if you were the one to do it, since the one who was originally supposed to is needed elsewhere.” He looked ready to complain, but must have thought better of it and kept silent.

He continued on, seemingly satisfied by our silent agreement. “You only have three days before you join the class so use your time wisely,” he looked at Neji, “and work hard,” he looked at me. “Why three days,” I asked; I didn’t want to miss anything important, like team placement. “Because I’m going on a mission in four,” Neji answered for him. I nodded; I didn’t know what their team did before the chunin exams, normally I wouldn’t even see Neji or his team till then. “Do you have everything you need,” the Hokage asked, looking at me. “Yes” “Good you’re starting today so I would get a move on, good luck,” he said as he dismissed us with a wave. I turned and followed Neji’s back out of the office.

“So where are we going,” I asked after we had exited the building. He refused to answer and kept walking as if I hadn’t spoken. I sighed, *hey Kale you got any good songs for us to listen to?*  *Let me check my records, anything in particular you want?*  *Nothing too up beat or something I might try and sing*  He sighed, *I’ll see what I can find*  I smiled, after he heard a song enough he could play it from memory, music and all, like an iPod inside your head.  *Ok I got, Won’t Go Home Without You, September, Wonderwall…*  *Maybe, too slow, not the right mood*  He smirked, *alright I found the perfect one, let me put it on*  I growled silently as You Belong With Me started playing.  *Payback for this morning* he snickered.

We kept walking for what seemed like forever until we made it to our destination. The team 7 training grounds, as I started to call it. He turned around, “alright what do you know how to do?” “Ummm… nothing really,” I said embarrassed. He sighed, “Fine, let’s start with the basics; you know what chakra is right?” “Of course I do,” I replied. “Do you know any jutsu?” I thought for a minute, well I do know the hand signs for making clones… “Yes,” I said uncertainly. “Well then show me what you can do.” I nodded; taking a breath I made the hand signs and used my chakra. A puff of smoke appeared, *this is a good sign right?*  *you better hope so* when the smoke had cleared an identical clone stood on either side of me.

“Yes, it worked,” we all chanted grinning. He studied them surprised, “they’re solid shadow clones.” “They are? I honestly can’t tell the difference between shadow ones and normal ones,” I admitted. “What are the normal ones made of?” He ignored me rolling his eyes, “can you do anything else?” I shrugged. “Alright, let’s just start with some basic techniques…”

After Neji explained the techniques and everything, he showed me how to better control my chakra and apply it with different hand signs. I was much better at it once I got the hang of the hand signs, I was just glad I could remember them. We moved onto other types of ninjutsu, nothing fancy just the minimum I should know. He tried to teach me some genjutsu, but he doesn’t really use it himself so that was a fail. So he just settled with teaching me how to recognize one and release it.

By the end of the day I was exhausted and out of chakra. “I’m surprised you lasted this long… you have a large reserve of chakra,” he commented. I just looked at him from my seat on the ground, “are we done now,” I panted. He glanced at me then at the sunset lit sky, “yes, that’s good for today.” “Thank god,” I sighed, letting myself fall back against the ground. “I expect to see you here at the same time tomorrow, be prepared for even more grueling training.” “Oh yippy,” I muttered, closing my eyes.

I felt something touch my elbow, “Ahhh!!” I shrieked, whipping my clawed hand at whatever it was, brushing clothe as I jumped to my feet. I looked over to Neji’s surprised face; quickly covering my hand as it shifted back to normal. “What was that,” he asked. “What was what,” I said. “Your hand it looked… strange,” he said. I looked at my now normal hand and back up at him, “what do you mean?” I asked, feigning confusion.

He narrowed his eyes, “there was something off about them,” he said, voice full of suspicion. I shrugged, “well I don’t know what you mean, my hand looks normal to me. What were you doing anyway,” I questioned. “I was going to wake you up, you looked like you were falling asleep and I didn’t think you wanted to sleep outside all night,” he replied angrily.

“Oh… well I’m fine, I’m just going to relax for a minute before heading home, you don’t need to stay,” I say standing in front of a tree. “I wasn’t planning to and do you even know your way back?” “Yea, I’ll be fine,” I assured him. He waited a moment before turning his back and walking away, “remember same time and place.” When he had disappeared from sight and I couldn’t sense his chakra; I slumped against the tree, letting it hold me up.

*If he had stayed a moment longer I would have fallen over, do you know the way home?*  *Yea, I think so* After waiting another minute I set off, letting Kale guide my feet. *We should have been there by now, I think we’re lost* I commented. *I know where I’m going, we take a turn here…* A dead end, “that’s the last time you do directions,” I say sighing and turning around.

“And you said you would be fine,” a voice sounded behind me, I whirled around. “What are you doing here Neji, were you following me?” He shrugged, “just making sure you got home ok, you looked really worn out before.” “I’m fine, I’m not gonna pass out or anything,” I replied stubbornly. “But you did get lost, so you aren’t fine,” he corrected. “Well I would have found it eventually, besides you shouldn’t follow people around like some kind of creepy stalker.” “I’m not a stalker,” he scoffed. I smirked, “that’s what most would call it, and it’s even worse considering I’m a girl. If you followed some adult or old person, they would just write you off as weird or disturbed. What would people say if they found out you stalk young girls in your free time?”

He narrowed his eyes, “IM NOT A STALKER!” I laughed, “Calm down sensei, don’t get your hair in a braid.” He looked at me with a confused expression and I lost it, I fell to the floor laughing hysterically. Kale shook his head, *that was a terrible joke, if you can even call it that, it wasn’t even funny. I’m embarrassed to even know you, even if no one knows me. Have I taught you nothing!?* 

He groaned frustrated, “what does that even mean? And I told you stop calling me sensei, I’m not your sensei, I’m only your tutor.” I had called him sensei sometime during our training today and couldn’t help but notice that it annoyed him. So I did it again and again; it was hilarious how irritated he got, I decided to make it my nickname for him.

I wiped the tears from my eyes, “Yea, yea whatever you say.” He put up his emotionless mask and walked towards me. “Come on I’ll show you the way and before you interrupt me; yes you need help and no it isn’t optional, if you refuse to move I’ll drag you.” I raised an eyebrow, “oh really? I don’t think you would,” I challenged.

He quickly grabbed my collar and started pulling me out of the alley. “I can’t believe your dragging me!” “I warned you that it would happen and you wouldn’t listen, so it’s your own fault.” “Alright! Alright! I’ll go quietly, just let me go,” I struggled, people staring at us as we passed. “No I don’t think I will, your much less trouble this way.” “Neji Hyūga! You let go of me this instant! Or so help me…”

We suddenly stopped moving, Neji smiled, “ok, we’re here anyway.” His hand let go of my shirt and I fell flat on my face in the dirt. “Well aren’t you a gentleman,” I muttered, picking myself up. *Wow we were really close after all* I thought looking up at our apartment. I hear shuffling behind me and twist around, seeing Neji walk away. “Ummm… bye,” I call after him. He raises a hand slightly before turning a corner and leaving my line of sight.

“Some good bye, but I’m surprised he could stand me this long,” I say as I make my way to my room. I flop down on the bed, “Kale.” “What,” he says from beside me. “Your still in charge of meals, you promised, and can you set the alarm clock?” I register something being laid on top of me, as I give in to sleep before I could hear his reply. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry its not as good as usual, i wrote most of this in study period when i had nothing else to do and i got easliy distracted :P     hope you liked it tho [:    only 1 maybe 2 more chapters before we get to the easier parts (the actual episodes) and not this fillerish annoying jabber  haha  XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 1.3K 14
"Naruto!" Sasuke gasped. "Have you seen Sakura?" "That's..." Kakashi cut Naruto off with his hand, waving him down. "That's actually why we came he...
307K 9.6K 58
[ Highest Ranking: #1 in Naruto ] [ Highest Ranking: #1 in Uchiha ] A will. A faculty leading to an action. A resolution. Everyone has a will, a rea...
113K 3.6K 17
Sakura was on the very same bench Sasuke has left her. Crying with such sorrowful tears that it quickly saddened her surroundings. She was crying for...
56.3K 2.1K 26
The war was successful, and they won. Sasuke returned to the village, and Naruto and Sakura both made their dreams come true. They had families, and...