I'm Not Her

Autorstwa JustAdriana

Penelope Larissa Edwards has always wished she could have her sister's life. Why? Because her sister was Perr... Więcej

I'm Not Her
Chapter 1: I'm Not Perrie
Chapter 2: I'm Not His Girlfriend, She Is
Chapter 3: I'm Not Telling The Truth
Chapter 4: I'm Not Being the "Normal" Perrie
Chapter 5: I'm Not Losing To This Eating Contest
Chapter 6: I'm Not Wearing A Life Vest
Chapter 7: I'm Not Kissing You
Chapter 8: I'm Not Recognized
Chapter 9: I'm Not Telling Anyone
Chapter 10: I'm Not Faking Anymore
Chapter 11: I'm Not Penelope
Chapter 12: I'm Not Staying
Chapter 13: I'm Not Answering His Calls
Chapter 14: I'm Not In Love With You
Chapter 15: I'm Not Okay
Chapter 16: I'm Not Staying in South Shields
Chapter 17: I'm Not In Denial
Chapter 18: I'm Not Who You Thought I Was
Chapter 19: I'm Not Sure Where She Is
Chapter 20: I'm Not Going To That Concert
Chapter 21: I'm Not Seeing Him
Chapter 22: I'm Not Forgiving Her
Chapter 23: I'm Not Dreaming Right?
Chapter 24: I'm Not Feisty
Chapter 25: I'm Not Eating Dinner With You
Chapter 26: I'm Not The Best With Dates
Chapter 27: I'm Not A Big Fan of Planes
Chapter 28: I'm Not Crazy
Chapter 29: I'm Not Anybody But Myself
Chapter 30: I'm Not Going Inside
Chapter 31: I'm Not Sleeping At His Flat
Chapter 32: I'm Not Freaking Out...Ish
Chapter 33: I'm Not Looking For Perrie
Chapter 34: I'm Not Going Back To America Yet
Chapter 35: I'm Not Sure What I Feel
Chapter 36: I'm Not Calm
Chapter 38: I'm Not With Him Anymore
Chapter 39: I'm Not Productive
Chapter 40: I'm Not Letting You Go
Chapter 41: I'm Not In The Same Country
Chapter 42: I'm Not Sure You Kissed Me
One-Shot Competition Rules
One Shot Winner
Epilogue

Chapter 37: I'm Not Living With These Lies

130K 4.6K 2.1K
Autorstwa JustAdriana

Chapter 37:

"And then he screamed that he loved me off a freaking balcony! Who on earth does that? I mean I wouldn't be as frustrated if he kinda whispered it, but he screamed it for the whole of London to hear!" I shoved another spoonful of Bluebell vanilla ice cream in my mouth before speaking again into the phone. "God, he makes me feel things that I'd rather not feel right now. Especially from him." My phone was resting between my ear and shoulder. It was uncomfortable and yes, I could be on speaker, but it seemed a little more dramatic this way. Drama...always finding its way back to me... "And then...I accidently told him that I loved him and I made the pathetic excuse that I loved my rabbit Sue because it rhymed with 'you' like who does that? I'm a horrible excuse for a human being. I could've thought of something better, but no, I had to go along with that. I'm an idiot. I am an idiot."

"I really don't know how to reply to that," Kylie chuckled, "that's a lot to take in even thought that's kinda hilarious. You're the only person I know that can get into this kinda of drama." There it is with drama again.

"And that doesn't help me! God, I should've bought more ice cream. This isn't enough. I mean it was on sale and everything. I should've bought another," I grumbled, "I knew it was a good idea to have gotten the cookie dough as well. Oooh, and the mint chocolate chip. The container is even a pretty color. Dammit."

"Pen!" Kylie scolded. "Stop with the ice cream. This is your second one already. Those things are enormous. Stop before you get fat. Seriously. And as for advice...I don't know follow your heart? God, that's shitty advice."

"Yeah! It is! And then there's Carter who I have to deal with and oh my god! Kylie I cheated on Carter. I cheated on Carter. Holy crap I cheated on Carter. No, no, no. I don't cheat. I just don't. That's not what I do. I can not be a cheater. Nope, no. Nope, nope, nope. I-I-"

"You did what?" Kylie screamed. "You kissed Zayn. I repeat, you kissed Zayn Malik?"

"I did I did I did," I groaned, "and then there's that kissing scene we're shooting tomorrow with Carter. God no I can't. I can't live with this. Kylie, can I die? That sounds like a great idea right now!"

"Penelope Larissa Edwards," Kylie ordered, "you listen here and you listen good. You are going to tell Carter what happened, and if he wants to end things, you go ahead and end things. And if you're heartbroken, you're heartbroken. I believe that things happen for a reason. I don't believe in coincendences. Because if you two really and truly love each other, things will turn out good for you. Let fate take it's toll, but you have to be truthful. I promise that's what's best for you."

"Last time I told the truth, that boy tore my heart out and stomped on it until my heart was in little tiny pieces... They're basically microscopic. You can't seem them. They're tiny and scattered...and they're slowly mending...but you get my point. The truth sucks," I moaned.

"But Zayn and Carter are two totally different people. Honestly, I think the problem is that you and Carter a little too alike. Have you ever heard of opposites attract? You need someone that balances you out. When I met Carter...he reminded me of the male version of you. Almost as if he were your brother or something. It was weird. The pair of you seemed to alike and too perfect to actually be real. Maybe the world is trying to tell you something Pen. Are you even listening or are you eating that ice cream still?"

"I'm listening, but I'm still eating ice cream. Why not? I like it. It's really good."

"You're gonna get fat."

"Thanks for the encouragement," I sarcastically said, "that was so needed." But I appreciated these rude comments. This was how I liked her to be.

Honest.

"God dammit, put the spoon down and put that stupid ice cream back in the freezer. You need to tell Carter about what happened. I am dead serious Pen," Kylie ordered.

"But ice cream is good."

"And packed with calories."

"But it's so yummy."

"Because of all that sugar."

"But I have to eat it before it expires!"

"It's not going to expire tomorrow. Eat it later...after you exercise it all off. You can't live this way, Penelope."

I glanced down at the ice cream and realized that Kylie was right. Carter was a great guy. Too good to be true, but yet there he was. I sighed, knowing that Kylie's orders were what was actually best for me. 

I put the top back on the ice cream and held the spoon in my mouth. I walked into the kitchen with the ice cream in one hand and my phone in the other. While placing the ice cream back in the freezer where it belonged, the phone went back to its position between my ear and shoulder. I would probably come back for the ice cream later. It was melting anyways. 

I took the spoon out of my mouth and dropped it into the sink. I'd wash it later. Now wasn't the time. Of course, that's what I always told myself so by the end of the day, my sink would be full of silverware, plates, bowls, and other stuff that I saved to wash later. Procrastination at its finest. 

"Good job," Kylie said, "now next is getting changed and heading over to Carter's to set the truth straight. And what I mean is that you tell him everything. The whole entire truth. And I don't mean just a little part of what happened. I mean the whole entire thing. From beginning to end."

"But that means I actually have to leave the apartment. Like go out into sunlight, see people, and dress like I care what people think about me. That actually means I have to fix my hair and apply makeup to my face. I even have to wear a bra! I'd rather sit around my apartment without having to put pants on."

"Too much info there, Penelope," Kylie said, "just a tad bit much. So if you're not going to tell him today, you're gonna go on with kissing him tomorrow during that scene, living with that guilt that you've cheated on him? Is that the kind of person you want to be?"

"Umm..."

"I'm right aren't I? So you're going to go into your closet, change, and go over to Carter's and tell him that you kissed the international popstar Zayn Malik who was your previous boyfriend who you are still completely head over heels in love with."

"Who said I was completely head over heels in love with him? And he doesnt' really need to know that Zayn was my boyfriend...that information isn't necessary," I told her. "Then I'd have to explain the switch...and then...that is so complicated..."

"You told me during your meltdown that you loved him and something about your pet rabbit Sue. I never knew you had a pet rabbit."

"I don't. That's the thing. I was so...I was so nervous around him. It's not even funny how weird I am around him. Words come out of my mouth that aren't meant to come out. That boy will end my existance once day. I swear it."

"So you will tell Carter everything won't you?" Kylie asked.

"Sure," I lied. 

"That's good. I gotta go now Pen. We'll talk tomorrow alright?" 

"Yup."

We hung up. I wasn't going to tell Carter today though. Today was not that day. Nope, not today. But with everything that Kylie had wanted me to do, I can't help but think that she wants Carter and I to breakup. It's like...

It's like she wants Carter herself.

***

The rest of the day yesterday, I distracted myself with YouTube. I swear you would start with a music video of Miley Cyrus singing We Can't Stop while she twerks and everything (note taken: do not watch that again) and end up watching someone teach me how to act like a cat. Yes, it actually happened.

By the time it was time for me to head to bed, I was so tired, I passed out within minutes. That's what lead me to sleeping through my alarm clock. Trust me, that's the worst thing that can happen to me. Even when I was late for school, no one ever bothered to wake me up if I slept through the clock. Mum would be asleep and Dad would already be at work. Perrie would assume that I went earlier and leave without me. Every time I slept through my alarm clock on a school day, I ended up going to school looking like a hobo.

I hopped into the shower and showered as quickly as a girl could manage. I applied some makeup while my hair dried in its towel turban. I picked out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, not caring what I was wearing since they'd give me some other clothes to wear once I was on set. I put my hair in a messy bun and tugged on some converses.

I got to work on time- thank the lord. But unlike everyone, I looked like I had just crawled out of hell. Well that might be a little exaggerated, but that's what I felt like and was so sure that I looked like.

A familir red head bounced towards me. 

"You look like you just woke up," she commented.

"That's because," I checked my phone for the time, "I woke up forty five minutes ago and got ready in thirty minutes and came here."

"Well then...so did you-"

"Ah Penelope! You're here!" Tomas, our awesome producer of course, said. "Good good good. We need you and Carter to film that scene ASAP so you go ahead and scurry off to get ready. You look nothing like you should."

"You're so nice," I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I am yes I am! Now less chit chatting and more...getting ready for you. Let's get a move on here. Go Penelope. Go."

I did as I was ordered. I got my makeup done, hair done, and got some clothes to change into. They had dried my still damp hair and put makeup and my clean fresh face. The outfit I got was a simple gray v-neck t-shirt and jeans that I could've easily just picked out of my closet as well, but I didn't tell anybody that. That would just make all these earlier risers crankier than they already were.

Carter was already ready as I approached the set. He was sporting a white tank under a plaid shirt, left open. The tank was so form fitting on him to the point where you could see the outline of his defined six pack under the shirt. Dear Lord help me. His jeans were hanging on his hips, dangerously low, but the smile I had always seen on his face when I approached wasn't there anymore. His lips were drawn in a tight line, and his eyes lacked emotion.

What happened?

"We need to perfect this!" Tomas said. "This is the kiss. This kiss is important. I don't care if your lips are swollen by the end of the day. You will get this right if I have to die! I don't care if Penelope needs to reapply lip gloss after every kiss because we will get this right."

"So I guess we'll be kissing a lot..." I lightly chuckled.

"Ha...yeah," Carter replied. His smile was forced.

Something was wrong. Something was definitely wrong. 

"Okay. We're gonna do this. You two are in love so this should be really easy. Easy as breathing...unless you're underwater or something...or old...anyways, let's do this shit," Tomas yelled.

I heard the word action. 

I stayed still, looking at Carter like he was the only person in the room. My mouth was slightly open, as if I were in some sort of shock, nearly paralyzed. 

Since we were sitting on the ground, my legs were crossed to the left of my body, my hands were placed on the ground that was supposed to be grass. 

Carter leaned in, slow and steady. I could feel his breath on my mouth, but our lips didn't touch. As his lips began to descend, I heard the director yell cut.

"Carter, stop shaking. Stop acting like she's some sort of illness you're trying not to catch. You're in love so act like you are. What is wrong with you today? Penelope, you as well! Your eyes are as big as saucers!"

"I-"

"Let's try this again!"

Carter sighed. We heard 'action' again so he leaned in. His hands cupped my face, bringing my face closer to his. I was holding my breath, waiting for this kiss to happen but-

"Cut!" 

"Too quick. Take it slower."

"Cut!"

"That was too slow. We need to pick up the pace a little."

"Cut!"

"Penelope you need to actually breathe. We haven't even gotten you guys to actually kiss yet? What is wrong today? Aren't you two together? You've kissed before. Just. Do. It. Again."

"Cut!"

"Carter, your nose is scrunched up."

"Cut!"

"Pen, you look like you're about to die."

"Cut!"

"Carter, she's supposed to be your love interest, not a girl you're forced to kiss during truth or dare! People, this is not high school. This is a show we're making here!"

"One more time," the director said, "and I swear if we don't get this right, I'll rip my head off, but not until I rip everyone else's heads off. I'm tired and so is everyone else. This is a hectic morning. Everyone is on the period, including the males, but does it look like I give a damn? Get your shit together and let's do this right."

"You got that right. But I swear you're the only one on your period," I grumbled.

"I'm sorry. Penelope did you say something?"

"No, I'm just a little hungry. That's all," I lied through my teeth.

"Now let's try this one more time."

Carter ruffled his hair, then patted it back down. He cracked his knuckles, then his neck. He took a deep breath and sighed. It was like this was the hardest thing anyone has ever asked him to do. The pair of us were nuts today. "Okay, I'm ready." 

"Penelope?"

"I'm ready." Again with the lies. I was far from ready. I should've done what Kylie had told me to do. I should've told Carter yesterday so I wouldn't be so nervous today. This was my job at stake. Everyone was already so frustrated with us. 

Again, Carter leaned in. His green eyes were piercing, beautiful, but lacking life. His lips were still the same, but they weren't as kissable as I used to think they were. 

This was so wrong.

Our lips were literally so close, just brushing each other before Carter suddenly pulled back, ending up a few feet away from where I was.

"WHAT NOW?" Someone yelled in frustration.

"I-I'm sorry," Carter mumbled. "I just-"

"Just what? Yes, I knew we were going to shoot this scene a lot, but this is just unbelievable! Kiss the damn girl! Did she eat an onion or something. We can give her breath mints and make her brush her teeth again! Get the girl some mint gum or something! Honey, did you eat garlic today? Onions? Anything that might make this boy not want to kiss you for some reason?"

"It's not her," Carter muttered, "it's me. I just can't kiss her without her knowing..."

"Knowing what?" I asked.

"Yeah," Tomas said, "knowing what?"

Carter sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"We're going to need to fix his hair," Tomas commented.

"Penelope-"

"Oh and we need to reapply lip gloss for Penelope. It's faded and her lips are a little chapped. Pen, you should take care of yourself a bit more. I mean, no one wants to kiss chapped lips."

"Penelope-" he tried again.

"No," I interrupted, "I have to tell you something. I just can't live with myself if I don't tell you this and I'm sure this is worse than whatever you're about to tell me."

"I-"

"I cheated on you when I was in London. I kissed my ex-boyfriend, whom I will not share the name of until I'm in a private area, while I was in London. I can't kiss you without you knowing what happened and I'm sorry. I should've told you the minute I came back! I feel horrible. You're too good of a person and you really don't deserve it. You're such a great guy and I honestly don't deserve you. I know it'll be hard to forgive me..."

"This is so scandalous..." Tomas murmured. "This is great. Maybe I could make this into a movie someday!"

"I...Penelope...Your sister came here to Los Angeles during her break on tour to come and find you the day before you came back. I didn't know that you were staying back in London for another few days until later. I was checking up on your apartment like you told me to, and she was outside your door because she had just gotten there and was waiting for you to open the door. But obviously you weren't there... She introduced herself and all that and we began to talk so-"

"Get on with it. We don't have all day," the director cut in. 

"Long story short...I kissed your sister Penelope...And I can't kiss you without you knowing the truth."

~~~

Dedicated to @THGdirection for the awesome banner! Love it!!!

PLOT TWIST! A lot of you thought it would be Kylie BUT IT'S NOT BECAUSE IT'S PERRIE OMG PLOT TWIST HA. I feel awesome. But yeah he cheated, but at the same time, Penelope cheated as well. They're both at blame. Carter is not the bad guy...they both are in a way.

Okay, I need to get this straight though. IT DOES NOT TAKE ME HALF AN HOUR TO WRITE A STUPID CHAPTER. IT TAKES ME AT LEAST AN HOUR OR MORE. I can't whip up a chapter like magic. Sometimes, I sit in front of my laptop for half an hour thinking about what I have to write. Plus, I have 4 other books to update besides this one!

Anyways...I don't know if I have asked before, but I'd really like to know where everyone is from. Like...country... or state if you're in the USA. I'm from Texas...if you didn't know because I've said that a lot... Vote and comment please!

-Adriana just got off a stupid plane and is exhausted

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

255K 7.4K 48
Zara is a half-british and half-pakistani girl who lives in Bradford but the big thing is she is also Zayn Malik's cousin.After Zayn left the band he...
15.8K 538 23
Zayn and Perrie are madly in love and realize its destiny for them being together. But things turn for the worst as they make a big mistake regarding...
14.3K 642 20
ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ x ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍɪx "You're such a loser Jade." I pushed him off my lap and a loud thump abrupted from the floor. He stood up and so did I. H...
29.5K 709 62
Keeping a family together is always a hard thing. Being adopted into one is harder. Kelsey is not your average orphan she can't trust easily and when...