One Daunting Night

By dreamingofmars

(This story is horrifying and horrible I dearly suggest you never open in because not only is it written terr... More

Pre-face
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Part 1
Chapter 36 - Part 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 41 - Mature.
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 29

160K 3K 620
By dreamingofmars

Chapter 29 - unedited (Written 27/7/2013)

*Saturday 25th June*

Xander runs out into the woods in his midnight black wolf form. It was early morning, eight am to be exact. He had left Caleb with the one person he trusts - his mother. He indeed did feel guilty about leaving him in his mother's care, but right now he had to get back Caleb's mother.

Their bond was strong - very strong especially since he hadn't marked within three years. It was already like they were mated, just without the mark. But without that mark, it was physically killing Xander. The only thing honestly keeping him alive mentally and physically was Ara. How close he was to her, his feelings towards her and small feelings he can feel from her back.

In fact, it was quite overwhelming for him. As soon as he got her back, he'd straight away mark her or probably tell her about it, then mark her. It's been two years, nearly three and it's time. Most werewolves like him wouldn't last a day, maybe that is exaggerating but they wouldn't last as long as he has. He's forced himself to wait for Ara's wishes - and a guy who is willing to wait with you is definitely a keeper.

It's probably the only thing he can do - wait for her.

"Can you feel anything, sir?" One of the pack warriors asks Xander through their pack-bond-mind-link. It was very useful to have it, especially during rogue fights.

Xander mentally sighs, as he cannot do it in wolf form. "Just a bit, coming down west towards France. The bond's insanely strong for an unmated couple, already feels like we're mated. But I have a strong feeling that she is in France." He replies to not only the warrior, but to everyone who has come out on this expedition with him.

"Xander, we can head to France tomorrow. Sebastian is planning on flying over soon with his mate and her best friend. We need all the help we can get and they won't let us go unless they're there with us." Xander's father explains, trotting up to Xander who at the moment is sniffing out the air and focusing on his and Ara's bond.

Lowering his head, he nods sadly. He knew that he'd have to wait for Sebastian and Faith - this is her best friend who's been kidnapped, and she'd have his head if he doesn't let her tag along. But mostly, he's just anxious to find her and to find her quickly before it's too late.

The fifteen wolves all race back to their village-like city from the forest, each one breaking into fast unhuman-speed sprints. Xander's black wolf leading the small amount of his pack that had attended. So far, they were heading out to see if Xander or anyone would catch the scent of Ara or unknown rogue wolves on their territory.

They had found unknown wolf scents, but had the smell stop and completely vanish into thin air, probably because they became smart enough to hide it.

As for the five wolves that Xander had easily knocked out were brought into the cellars and will be used for questioning until appropriate punishment is decided - the fewer questions they refuse to answer the harsher the punishments will become.

All the other wolves return to their homes or the Pack House returning to either families or the comfort of their room. Xander and his father walk into their large mansion-like castle both cleanly dressed after their long search.

Xander runs a hand through his hair stressfully. He was nearly in tears, not being able to find his beautiful mate right here with him. Maybe his son might make him feel better; it numbs the pain much more.

Thinking about the idea, he follows his son's scent, along with a very familiar one but it was remained unknown. Slightly confused, he furrows his brows as he walks towards his large marble kitchen.

When he walks in, he finds his mother playing with her grandson happily, Peter - his youngest brother - join along in playing peek-a-boo with Caleb.

But there was an unknown blonde girl in the kitchen, reaching into the fridge as if searching for something. He ignores his confusion and the unknown girl to pick up his son.

As Caleb giggles, Xander swings him high in the air before landing him down on his hip, a huge slightly sad grin on his face. He presses his lips to his forehead, holding him tighter than usual.

"Mama?" Caleb questions her whereabouts, resting his head on Xander's collarbone. Xander sighs sadly.

Looking down at him apologetically he once again kisses his forehead. "Sorry buddy. Mommy's not going to be home for a while. But don't worry, Daddy's going to take care of you along with Uncle Sebby and Aunty Faith who are coming soon." He half lies, patting his back.

Not truly understanding what his dad had just said, Caleb nods and wraps his arms around Xander. Of course, being the little mommy's boy he is, he greatly misses his mother. Whenever she goes to her college classes, he'd usually cry for half the time she's gone until Xander finds a successful way to keep him quiet.

"Merci Maman. I hope he wasn't any trouble for you." Xander quietly jokes to his mother, messing up Caleb's cute wavy curls. His mother smiles warmly at him, her light blue eyes reminding him of Ara. Oh, how he misses his beautiful Ara.

"Non, he was wonderful - remind me of you when you were petit. He's adorable and can already say Mamie and Papy! It's so nice to have a little baby again in the house, excluding Peter. He's a monster!" She jokes back with a laugh, shaking her long sandy brown hair. She reminded him of his gorgeous mate a lot.

"Oh Mrs Gray, I don't believe Peter is a monster. He's a cute little boy." A new slightly familiar feminine voice joins into the conversation. Xander once again furrows his eyebrows in confusion and twists around to reveal that same Blondie who tried to seduce him at his first American party.

Except she's different, looking slightly mature. She got rid of the orange tan and revised her style - except her hair still looks fake but at least there's less makeup.

Xander's mother crookedly smiles at Andrea. She had been confused when she had opened the door to reveal her, giving Mrs Gray a not so very warm and welcoming feeling. In fact, she found something very odd with Andrea.

All the memories of finding those horrid photos on Andrea's phone came back. He wants to confront her, but right now is not the best time. He might do it later when no one's around.

Narrowing his eyes at Andrea, he holds a firmer hold on Caleb. "I'm sorry, who are you?" He asks with a lie, he obviously knew who she was - but wanted to seem as he forgot about her. As for Andrea, she wasn't one to read lies on other people's faces, even if she is one of the best liars in the world.

She was actually quite shocked that he didn't remember her, she hid her anger very well. It's all that little brat's fault! I hope Carlo takes good care of Ara, I better get him later for not taking Caleb as well.

"I-I'm Andrea. From the Silver Moon pack in California. You stayed with us for a while then left out of the blue." She replies, half-lying. She knew exactly where he was when he left. With his slut of a mate and brat of a child – in her opinion that is.

Xander laughs for a small while, though it was fake. "Ah! The pack in California. The stay was nice, the place is great. I should probably take Caleb there one day, he still hasn't gone. I'm sure he'd love to see the place." Xander finally realises the beauty of California - it after all is where Ara is from. What can they say, she's a Californian girl.

Andrea fake smiles at him and Caleb. Xander really did love Caleb, a lot. You know what? Stuff the Caleb and Ara. Caleb's too young to remember this so I'll just become his new mommy. Raising a kid with Xander - now that's awesome.

She cruelly thinks to herself in her messed up mind. To her, it was the perfect plan but that was because she didn't know that small specific bond between both Ara and Xander.

The doorbell saves Xander from an eternity of uncomfortable awkwardness with Andrea. He was suspicious about her, very suspicious. Especially since the photos on her phone, he's putting his guard up around her.

He rushes to the doorbell, Andrea following him quickly, trying to run in her wedges.

"CALEB!" A feminine slightly tired voice screeches, her messy blonde hair in a high pony tail and taking Caleb. She cuddles up with him for a few moments, Caleb eagerly wrapping his tiny pudgy arms around her in return.

She let small tears fall into Caleb's shoulder as she hugs the closes thing she's got to her best friend - her un-biological nephew.

Faith was a mess. Her hair hasn't been washed for days and her eyes look swollen and red. She only wore Sebastian's hoodies and sweatpants. Her best friend had been kidnapped and she was devastated.

She felt awful but didn't look half bad since Sebastian did take care of his wife. They had gotten married about a year ago back in Vermont and are now still happily together.

Andrea pops in behind Xander, gently clinging to his arm and claiming what she supposedly thinks is hers.

"Aw babe, we'll find her, we promise. Remember, this is much more harder on Xander and Caleb than it may be for you. We'll even allow you to tear up the evil wolves who are apart of this, I know how much you love breaking things." Sebastian says, ditching their luggage and hugging her from behind. He kisses her neck gently before kissing her cheek while she blushes.

Not because of his adorable little pecks but because of what he had said. "Seb, that was one time! You seriously hold on to things. But okay, I would definitely like to tear up those wolves, capture each and every one of them who was part of Ara's kidnapping. I'd tear them from limb to limb, bring them to the brink of death then leave them to heal then repeat it, except more painfully. Then I'll heal them then I'd rip one limb off, limb by limb-"

"Faith! I never pinned you for such a violent person! Please don't talk like that in front of my kid!" Xander says in mock-horror, holding Caleb's ears for a bit making Andrea lose grip on him.

Andrea frowns, now she's actually quite afraid of what Faith might do to her when she finds out that Andrea was the one who planned Ara's kidnapping.

Faith notices the fake-blonde girl next to Xander, a possessive look in her eye. "And what are you doing here?" She asks rather rudely.

With Ara's absence, it was her job to put herself in and make sure nobody touches her best friend's man.

Andrea turns her frown into a fake smile. "I'm Andrea I'm-" Faith cuts her off, her arms folded across her chest.

She remembered the time when she, Ara and Heather were talking about the Queen B's, and by B's they mean real capital B's, and Andrea's name popped up. In fact she perfectly remembers her description - fake blonde hair, fake green eyes, fake boobs, fake act, fake nose, fake lips. Faith immediately knew this was Ara's Andrea.

And this Andrea just so happened to be a she-wolf. Well, even as a she-wolf it doesn't give you an excuse to be a capital B with an itch.

"Yeah, yeah, what are you doing here?" She repeats sternly, narrowing her eyes at Andrea.

"I'm here with Xander. I'm his girlfriend." She lies simply, Andrea wasn't the smartest cookie in the jar - in fact, she is probably the dumbest. She only focused on Ara, Xander and Caleb stalking, not anyone they had ever spoken too. So she definitely didn't know that Faith was close to both Ara and Xander.

Xander looked horrified as Faith laughs, raising her eyebrows questioningly.

"Girlfriend? I didn't know he had a girlfriend, Xander would never cheat on his mate." Faith says, catching her out of her lie. Andrea hides her shock of the new information with confusion.

"Mate? What mate? I'm his mate! And this is my child!" She screeches, roughly pulling Caleb towards her and awkwardly holding him as he bursts into tears and reaches for Xander. Faith gasped and growled, this bitch better be lying or Xander has some serious explaining to do.

Andrea holds Caleb's stomach and one leg, making him sob harder. Xander is shocked, trying to calm himself from not phasing to wolf and tearing this girl apart.

Quickly he gently snatches Caleb off her and protectively holds him - similar to the time when he was an infant and Ara had protectively held him when she first saw Xander.

"You're not my mate. He is not your son. What on earth are you going on about?" Xander growls menacingly, making Andrea cower back.

Faith and Sebastian step inside, setting their luggage to the side and close the door. Faith stood intimidatingly, crossing her arms over her chest and raising her eyebrow.

Andrea's jaw opens and closes in attempt to say something, to cover up; a lie. But she couldn't think quickly about this. "Uh...uhm..." She stutters, finding a way to tell him the words.

She was caught, and she had spoken the words without thinking and now she was exposed. Faith starts staring her down, seeing if she could read an expression. Now she was suspicious to as why Andrea even say that, she was going to keep her guard up around the mysterious girl.

As for Xander, he steps away from her, slightly horrified and holding Caleb tightly in his arms safely as he tries to coo him. Andrea knew she was in big shit, she just blew it over - but they don't know that.

But what she's focusing on is that Xander has a mate - Xander has a soul mate that is not her. Not only will that not work but also she will have major competition in which she's already losing to. For now, she thinks that she's got to work faster and harder, she's got to put more than her all to win this non-existent fight.

It may be no competition for Ara or Xander, but for Andrea it's like World War III.

"Uh...what?" Xander mimics her roughly, his eyes turning darker - and not for the good of it.

Andrea looked like she was about to shit her pants, her heart was beating fast out of her chest as she stared at the man she supposedly 'loves' but never paid attention to her as she was one spoilt brat.

"I...I thought that s-s-she was g-going to at-t-tack h-him," She stutters nervously, her right leg shaking in fear. Xander wouldn't hesitate to hurt anyone who dare hurt his mate or pup. It was instinctive act for a male wolf, especially for an Alpha Male.

Xander stares at her with a dry laugh. "Because Faith here would love to hurt her own un-biological nephew. But even if she did, that wouldn't give you an excuse to claim someone who is not yours, you know the law." He reminds her sarcastically, never stopping himself from glaring at her for holding his child in an inconsiderate manner.

Andrea's mouth gapes open like a fish, opening and closing. She couldn't get over the fact of what she just heard - Xander had a mate who wasn't her. She had already convinced herself and her wolf that Xander was her mate, since she was going love crazy without a true man beside her and this one just so happened to be the hottest guy she'd ever seen.

Suddenly, a boost of confidence takes over Andrea. It was like a whole new personality, probably her popular egotistical side she had in high school, where she knew she owned everyone and everything.

"But you are mine, Xander. You're mine and I'm yours. We are each other's. You should never deny the small chemistry going on between us, because you know it's there. Caleb may not be mine, but that's okay - we can raise him together. Just us two, honestly, who can be a much better mate to you than me?" She asks with a satisfied smirk. She had tried to say it confidently and seductively, but it came out a little bit nervous and...off.

"Ara. Arabella Pierce can be a much better mate to me than you ever can. You weren't made for me, you won't satisfy me as much as Ara would, you won't be able to give me the love Ara could. I get that you're over 18 and mate less, but that doesn't mean you can get all crazy and claim someone you don't even know, not to mention has a mate and son of his own." He replies sternly, an unhealthy frown on his face.

Now Andrea frowned. In fact, she went even as far as frowning at him. How could Ara be a better mate than her to Xander? She thinks that Xander is in an illusion since Caleb is his first and only son, he must stick with the mother.

"Well, where is she?" Andrea asks, a sly knowing smirk on her face, Faith got incredibly suspicious of her. Never underestimate this blonde girl - talking about Faith - because she may be a beauty on the outside, but she's also got brains. Maybe not educationally, but she's not flat out stupid.

So it wasn't too hard to put the pieces together - Ara being kidnapped on her ride here, Faith coming to the house to see an unknown fake-blonde girl claim she was Xander's mate and Caleb's mother. Not to mention this girl giving off an unfriendly aura and be incredibly sly about Ara's absence, as if she knew something more. So instead, she didn't bother beating around the bush.

"Maybe you could tell us that." Faith interjects, not letting Xander have a chance to retort. She raised an eyebrow at the fake-looking she-wolf, folding her arms across her sweatshirt-covered chest.

Andrea's mouth dropped a little, surprised at her retort. She knew she was caught, and this girl was the one who caught her out of this little lie.

"Now, how would I know?" Andrea asks, slightly sarcastic and sending an intimidating look towards Faith to cover up her shock.

"Because - you were the one who trashed Ara's apartment two years ago, you also gave her that note three years ago and also tried to kill her on her prom night after she 'unexpectedly' wins prom Queen. It was you - you were the girl, or really person, I assumed that was stalking Xander. You know, you are one crazy girl." Sebastian wonders aloud, immediately accusing Andrea.

She scowls at him, the slumped messy-blonde-haired figure who had just figured out most of the truth.

"Which is why you want her gone - out of the picture, you want Xander to yourself and couldn't stand the competition against his mate, even though it honestly barely was a competition." Faith adds.

Andrea was furious, not only because they caught her out but because she was supposedly being embarrassed in front of the man she supposedly 'loves'.

"So what? It's not a crime to love someone." She retorts, an angry scowl on her face. As for Xander, he was using everything he could to not rip this girl to shreds - mainly because he needed her to find out where Ara is.

"Yea, it's not a crime to love someone, but it is a crime to attempt murder to the someone that they love." Faith replies, making Andrea roll her eyes.

"Yeah, but now she's out of the way and I have my chance with him. It's not like I killed her anyways." She informs as if it were the most casual thing on the Earth and that made Xander completely, undeniably furious.

"No, don't use that as an excuse to kidnap my mate - my soul mate. In fact, if it weren't for you, I would have never found my beautiful Ara - not to mention, why did you have such photos on your phone? How did you get those photos on your phone, wait, no, the better question is why did you have photos of me and Ara that night? You never mentioned it to me, to anyone, and left me hanging! Just because you were little Ms Popular in high school, it doesn't mean that everyone will still follow you out of high school. This is not high school, Andrea, this reality, this is the real world where you're out all on your own until you find that person that you want to spend for the left of your life with. I'm sorry, but you can't go around getting rid of others to get who you want because you need to grow up and face reality that you can't always get what you want." He shouts, breathing long and hard after his rant. He wasn't even a quarter way done with it, but it sure riled him up and shocked Andrea further.

"Get it in your thick head that I'm not and never will be interested in you or any other woman besides my Ara. I never wanted you at that party and I don't want you now. There's someone out there for you and someone out there for me who I've already found. So just give me back my mate and leave us alone, please because someone out there will love you much more than I would." He adds, running a hand through his hair from stress. Adding the absence of his mate just adds on to it.

"You know what? F*** this, f*** you and f*** Ara because I'm going to get you, Xander. You're going to love me. You're going to finally realise that Ara won't love you like I will and you'll love me back. So suck it up because you're never going to see her again, so hurry up and get with me to put you out of your misery." She yells back, not caring about the toddler in Xander's arms. She has gone full out crazy, claiming literally any man she finds attractive as hers.

Xander growled, not holding it back. His eyes glowed bright purple in fury, his canines were showing and he was seething with anger, only holding himself back due to his son in his arms.

"I swear, if you so much as touch a single hair on my beautiful mate's perfect little head, I won't hesitate to kill you." He threatens her, a promising look in his glowing orbs.

She walks towards the door, adding a little sway on her hips. She turns around to face him, her green contacts facing Xander's purple eyes. A smile dances across her lips as she thinks about Xander eventually falling deeply, madly in love with her.

"Don't worry Xandy-poo, I'll make sure your b*tch gets exactly what b*tches deserve." She informs. Xander growls threateningly at her.

"The only b*tch in here is you, and I'm not even considering Faith here as one because you are a true, psychotic, evil little b*tch who deserves the worst. If you want me to fall in love with you, you're doing an awful job at it." He reminds, Sebastian having to hold him back to prevent him from breaking free and tearing her to pieces right then and there.

**********

A/N: Haha, Andrea is so evil and Xander's anger is super sexy. I just want to remind you that by the time I update this, my internet might still be stuffing up and I might not update in time. I still have a life outside of wattpad (: but I usually spend most of it thinking of ideas to write.

But, don't worry because I will update and you will all love this completely messed up story. Words cannot describe how messed up it is lmfao. I told most of my friends about it and they laughed and told me how fudged up I wrote it, but I don't care. It's different than most books and I think it's awesome.

Merci Maman (French) – Thank You Mum. I call my mum 'Maman' in which you pronounce as "Mamang" or something like that (:

© 2013, rinnyhere  

**2020: the fact i wasn't on drugs when i wrote this amazes me to this day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8M 634K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
16.4K 187 57
Crescent Swiftwater, an innocent shift-less human raised in the turbulent society of werewolves, discovers a world beyond her family and searches for...
30.3K 1K 13
Being a werewolf wasn't all bad, I had a pack, loving yet annoying family, friends, tight knit community. The one thing I really hated was the season...
31.4K 579 21
You're no better than the useless omegas out there." He continued and I tugged at my chest. "I Axel Jameson Braun reject you Alyssa Megara Brown as m...