My Protector (Camren)

By stayharmonized4

Camila Cabello is an ordinary girl. She goes to school, has a loving family, some trustful friends, and has a... More

Preview
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter 14

Chapter 13

8.6K 192 212
By stayharmonized4

A/N: *One eternity later*     

Lauren's POV

A peaceful afternoon was quickly turned into a huge disaster. Before I could react I was thrown across the restaurant, straight through a window. I could hear the screams and stomping from everyone evacuating the restaurant. After I took a piece of glass out from my shoulder I quickly thought of a plan. Camila's friends don't know I'm a vampire and I can't risk getting caught.

"Lauren!" Fuck that. I ran into the restaurant to see the girls being dragged to the back by Zac's dogs.

"Camila!" I was about to run after her but Zac was quickly to step in front of me.

"Now where do you think you're going?"

"Get the fuck out of my way before I break your neck and end your sorry excuse of a life." He took one step closer.

"You really think you can kill me that easily Celes-" I don't have time for small talk. I shut him up by jabbing my arm inside his chest and grabbing his heart. His face emitted pure terror as his dull brown eyes stared at my cold red eyes. 

"Now tell me where they went or I'll kill them all and save you for last." 

"You wouldn't dare." I twisted his heart causing him to growl in pain and drop to one knee.

"Now!" I yelled in his face.

"Forest and storage closet." He muttered weakly. I pulled my hand out of his chest and ran to the storage closet. No one was ever going to hurt Camila, I promised I would keep her safe, and that's exactly what I was going to do.

I ran back to where I saw one of Zac's guys dragging Camila across the kitchen floor, and pushed her into a closet. Right when he shut the door on her I grabbed him by his little neck and threw him on the stove, lucky for me it was on. The young wolf yelled in pain as he laid on the hot grill.

"This will be the first and last time that you lay a hand on her you stupid piece of shit." I threw him on the floor ready to break every bone in his body, but he escaped from my grasp and tackled me to the floor. I easily pushed him off me and grabbed him by his neck and snapped it, throwing him into the oven to burn. I never liked that dumb dog.

I opened the door to see a frightened Camila pacing around the room frantically. I pulled her in my arms and she grabbed my shirt, drenching it in her tears. She was shaking and crying uncontrollably. I'm going to kill Zac.

"It's alright Camz. I'm here you're safe I promise. " I held her like my life depended on it.

"I don't...it all ha-happened so fast." She mumbled into my chest. 

"I know sweetheart I'm sorry you had to go through that. I promise you're safe now." I kissed the top of her head and held her, whispering sweet words to her, until she calmed down. Then I remembered.

The girls. I had to save them, but I couldn't leave Camila's side. I need back up.

HARRY! Listen to me we don't have much time. Gather the others and get to the pizza shop on Main St. Zac and his gang tried kidnapping Camila and her friends. Camila is with me but I don't know where the other girls are. Zac told me his dogs were bringing them to the forest. Please help.

We're on it.

I let out a breath of relief. 

"Hey. Where are the rest of the girls?" Camila asked, her voice raspy from crying. Her fear still evident in her brown eyes, but she seemed to relax and calm down.

"My clan is on there way to get them. They'll be alright." She wrapped her arms around my neck and I hugged her back twice as hard. "Thank you so much." She said in a shaky voice. I pulled away from the hug so I could cup her face, whipping away a stray tear with my thumb.

"Hey everything is okay no more crying I hate seeing you cry, and I would do it all over again for you. No need to thank me." Our eyes were locked and we couldn't pull away from our intense staring contest. The amount of love I had for this girl was inexplicable, I just wanted to have her in my arms and never let her go. The amount of anger and fear I felt when I saw her being taken away was nothing like I have felt before, and all it took was a dumb werewolf and his stupid pack to bring the monster out of me. 

"Lauren?"  

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me." That caught me by surprise, but didn't stop me from leaning in and softly connecting our lips. The kiss was filled with so much need and care, I was getting lightheaded by how much emotion it held. When we pulled away I was met by her gorgeous brown eyes and a small smile. 

"There is that smile that I love." I said causing her to smile harder. "How are you feeling?" 

"Better now. Thank you."

"Anything for you Camz."

Lauren we have your friends we are by the tables. My brother's voice said in my head.

On my way.

 I grabbed Camila's hand and we walked to the lobby of the restaurant.

"Let's go get our friends."

"Where are they?" She asked her voice full of excitement.

"Outside." She bolted ahead of me as soon as I said that, and I was right behind her. Right when the girls noticed Camila running toward them they all got in a big group hug. I let them have their moment and walked over to my clan who was standing a few feet away from them. Harry was quick to engulf me with his long arms and examine me to see if I was hurt. 

"Harry I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Did any of them hurt you?" His face went from concerned to furious in 2.5 seconds. It takes a lot to get my brother mad, he is the one with patience while I'm the one with the hothead, so when his body tensed up and his eyes turned a dark red I was quick to calm him down.

"No nobody hurt me. My body isn't the one that's getting baked in the oven right now so I'm perfectly fine. Please calm down." He took a deep breath and relaxed.

"That bad huh?" Niall asked.

"Yeah. One of Zac's puppies grabbed Camila and tried to lock her in a room, so I snapped his neck and stuffed his body in the oven." They looked at me like I was insane. 

"Damn Laur you have no fucking chill." Alexa said.

"What? You know I would do anything to save the ones I love."

"Yeah but did you have to throw the guy in an oven?" 

"Yeah Alexa he took Camila I couldn't let him get away with that." 

"God you are so fucking lovestruck as hell." She put her hand on my head and shook her head.

"Shut up, and thank you guys for coming I really needed you guys. Where did you find the others?" 

"In one of the rooms in the back. They had them locked in a storage room." Niall said. I turn around and see the girls coming our way. Once Camila was arms length away from me I grabbed her pulled her into a strong embrace. 

"I'm guessing that's Camila." I heard my brother whisper. I just held her tighter, really happy that she was safe and unharmed. A few moments passed by when Camila broke away from my arms and walked up to my brother. 

"Thank you for saving my friends. You must be Harry."

"You are very welcome love. That I am. Lauren's favorite brother." 

"You're her only brother mate. Hello Camila my name is Niall it is nice to finally met you. Lauren talks about you all the time." Niall held out his hand for Camila to shake, which she gladly did.

"Nice to meet you too Niall, and does she now?" He was about to respond but Alexa beat him to it.

"Oh yeah. Laur here never shuts up about you girl. She is more obsessed over you than she is about her squirrels."

"Alexa shut up." I swear I can never be prepared for what comes out of that girl's mouth. 

"What Lauren? Everyone knows that already. Anyways I'm Alexa and I am very happy to finally meet you." She pulled Camila into a strong hug. 

"I'm very glad to meet you too... and I can't breath." 

"I'm sorry guess I got too excited there. Oh my god you are so cute! Lauren must be stuffing more guys in pizza ovens am I right?"  The girls body tensed when they heard that. I have a lot of explaining to do.

"Alright Lexa that's enough." I said and wrapped my arm around a flustered Camila's shoulders. "Where is Demi and Vero? They aren't back from Mexico yet?"

"No they decided to stay another day because a bunch of college kids just arrived for spring break." Niall said. Oh those two. After mingling and getting to know each other we decided to go our separate ways. I dropped Camila off at her place, more specifically by the tree where we had our first kiss. I leaned my back on it and opened my arms for her to join me. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and pulled her in close to my body, enjoying her scent of sweet vanilla. After a few moments holding each other Camila spoke up.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you guys keep fighting? This can't continue like this Lauren, the girls were taken and could've gotten seriously hurt!" 

"I know and I'm sorry that things ended the way it did, but the girls are safe."She pulled away from my embrace to look me in the eyes.

"Yeah, for NOW. What if Zac comes back and jumps you at school? What if he takes one of the girls and hurts her?" Oh no she is starting to ramble.

"Camila-"

"What if he calls all his werewolf people and take over the town? What if he hurts my family again Lauren!" She is now full on sobbing so I pull her back into my arms and run my hand through her hair.

"Shh calm down it's ok, you're ok." She pulls on my shirt as her sobs intensify. After a few minutes of running my hand through her hair and rubbing her back, while reassuring her that she was safe, her sobs subsided and all you could hear were sniffles. I cupped her face and wiped the tear stains on her cheeks, even after crying she still looks effortly beautiful. 

"Hey, look at me." She opens her red, puffy eyes and stares into mine. I feel so incredibly guilty for putting her through all of this shit. Part of me is regretting bringing her into my life while the other part wants to move mountains at how happy I am to have her this close to me. I think I have seen her cry more than I have seen her smile, and that does not make me feel good about my decision.

"He is not going to hurt anyone else, especially you. He's going to have to go through me first, and I promise you that will be the biggest mistake of his life. I won't let him hurt anyone one else."

"How are you so sure?"

"Lets just say coming from a royal family comes in handy sometimes." I wink at her and see the corner of her lips raise in a small smile.

"How so?"

"Well I can get my friends to enroll in our high school and have eyes on Zac, his dogs, and our friends. That way nothing will happen to them and if something does happens we will be their to stop it."   

"Do you think they would do it?"

"Of course. They won't be too happy about going to school again, but they'll be all in once I explain to them why." An advantage I have for being as old as I am is having a lot of connections. 

"Thanks Lauren that really means a lot." She gets on her tippy toes and places her lips on mine, when I felt her pull away I deepened the kiss, not wanting it to end so soon. 

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of doing that." She said shyly. I peck her lips.

"ME neither. Trust me." The burnette smiles and shakes her head at my enthusiasm. Hey, I wasn't lying.

"Hey. What's going to happen to the pizzeria and that boy you put in the oven.." For a second I forgot this afternoons events. Great how am I going to clean up this mess.

"Well, we don't really do anything and just leave it as it is."

"But they are going to look for who killed that boy. What if they find your DNA on him and come after you?" Aww she is so cute. Another advantage of being as old as I am is that you become an expert at discarding dead bodies.

WOW. That was just a little bit fucked up. Welcome to my world!

"Don't worry about it I took care of it."That dog is now chilling at the bottom of a cliff. She looked confused but didn't ask any further questions. Good because she does not need to know what happens that far ahead.

"Alright. How about Zac?"

"What about him?" My anger quickly spikes at the thought of that asshole. He is as good as dead.

"Hey." I feel her intertwine our fingers causing me to release my balled up fist. "Calm down. Forget I asked."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Hey why don't you come up and cuddle before you go?" She leans in and pecked my cheek.

"Don't have to ask me twice."

 I swiftly picked her up and jumped onto her windowsill. She really has to stop leaving her window open. I put her down and she immediatley smacks my arm. Fiesty. I like it.

"A little warning next time!" 

Camila's POV

My alarms dies as soon as it starts.

"I'll get you another one." I look towards were she threw my alarm and see it shattered to bits. Good riddance I hated that shit. 

"Thanks Lauren." 

"You're welcome ."   

"Now that we are both awake lets get ready for school." As I was getting out of bed two strong arms grabbed my waist and pulled me towards their body. Oh what the heck 10 more minutes.. Lauren can get us there on time anyway.  

"It'll depends on the traffic."

"You really have to stop doing that."

"Then stop thinking so loud."

"I love that song." I nuzzle my face in her neck.

"What song?"

"What did you mean about the traffic?"

"I mean if rush hour is crazy we won't be on time." I lean up on my elbow and look at her confused. "Harry brought my bike back this morning. I wrecked it a couple months ago when I hit a tree so I wouldn't run over a squirrel. My buddy Zayn finally fixed it up. You didn't think I hopped through trees to get around did you?" 

 "No.. you just never told me you road a motorcycle." Ok maybe I did.

"Sure. Do you like motorcycles?"

"Yeah. I've never been on one but I think they're cool." She tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and smiled. I love this side of Lauren, the gentle, soft side. Times like this makes me forget that she is a vampire and has this rough, crazy-vampire side, which I'm not a big fan of.

"Well why don't you get ready while I get my bike set up so we can go to school." 

"Alright." I got up to use the bathroom and when I was done Lauren was no where in sight. Or so I thought.

"You didn't think I would leave without a kiss did you?" I turn around and see the green eyed beauty herself, smiling her vampire ass off. The thought of her waiting to say goodbye when I would see her in just a couple minutes made my face heat up. I wrap my arms around her shoulders.  

"You didn't think I would kiss you with that morning breath did you?" 

"I'm a vampire I don't have morning breath."

"That's bullshit."

"Maybe now give me a kiss."

"No." I try to say with a straight face but obviously fail. 

"Please."

"No."

"You know you want to." 

"Lauren we're gunna be late."

"Just one peck." I peck her lips. She grabs my face and repeatedly pecks my lips. "I'm sorry did I say one I meant a thousand."

"Go Lauren." I say through laughter. With one last peck she was gone. I swear I never know what to expect with that girl.   

Speaking of us, what exactly are Lauren and I? We kiss and act all lovey dovey with each other but we never made anything official. Last night we spent hours cuddling while watching disney movies, and sharing anything that came to mind. And don't get me started on the amount of times her soft, enticing lips met mine, or how many times she made me blush with her kind words, or how right it felt having her in my arms. As I continued to get ready I couldn't get the thought of Lauren and I's untitled relationship out of my thoughts. I mean does she even want me to be her girlfriend?

Of course she does you idiot  you're her mate! Way to go captain obvious.

Should I bring it up? Or should I wait for her to bring it up? Geez I don't know. So much has happened in this week alone that I don't think her asking me to be her girlfriend is on top of her list. 

You are her whole list! SHH!

Oh no you did not just tell me to shush.

"I have to stop talking to myself."

"I swear you are crazier than I thought."

That's not Lauren's voice.

"Surprise! You're worst nightmare is back." No. I turn around and see that crazy Lucy chick standing by my window. I really have to start locking that.

"What do you want Lucy?"

"I just wanted to come and say hi. Can't I visit a friend?" 

"I'm not your friend."

"Nonsense. We hang out all the time."

"I would never hang out with you." 

"Ha. You see." She started walking towards me. "You say that now but if I throw you in a car you'll have no other choice but to comply." 

"You're fucking crazy." I did not just curse at a vampire. In a blink of an eye she was standing just a few inches away from me, her bight red eyes staring right into mine.

"You've grown some balls since the last time we've met. Bet you won't say that again to my face." I opened my mouth to say the words back to her but my fear left me speechless. "That's what I thought. Now come on our ride is waiting."

Our ride?! She must be out of her mind if she thinks I'm going to go anywhere with her. She starts walking away as if I was follwering right behind her. 

"Are you suddenly death now? Let's go!"

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Lauren where are you.

"You see. I had a feeling you would say that." Next thing I know I'm on the ground being handcuffed. "I was a cop back in the day and kept some of the equipment. Now." She stood me up. "Do what I say or your wrist won't be the only parts of your body in pain."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Shut the fuck up and walk."

"I'm not going anywhere-" My face was on the floor before I could finish. If my hands weren't handcuffed I would be holding my throbbing nose right now. Next thing I knew I'm being lifted up by my collar. 

"Bet you wish your girlfriend was here to save you now don't you." Before I could respond I'm being told to walk, and this time I listen. Lucy carries me out my window and forced me into a car. This is not how I expected my morning to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 8.8K 31
Lauren Jauregui is the school bully. She's hot, popular, rich. She has everything going for her, or so it seems. Camila Cabello is the school queer...
674K 18.7K 25
Camila Cabello was just an average girl. One day, she ran into trouble, made by none other than the school's badass troublemaker Lauren Jauregui, whi...
1.3K 51 17
Camila Cabello a normal 16 year old in high school...well that's what she thought. Lauren Jauregui a new 17 year old student that recently moved to M...
2.8M 81.2K 95
Camila Cabello is an average girl. She's not popular, or somewhere in between. She belongs to a group that her school refers to as the Brains. She's...