An Arranged Marriage Will I L...

By Chocolatefreak101

Cassandra Draper was abandoned by her father at age nine. For nine years her family has struggled, Tanner her... More

An Arranged Marriage Will I Love Him?
Chp 1. A Complete Stranger
Chp 2. Dylan
Chp 3. The Fight
Chp 4. My List of Demands
Chp 5. The Kennish's
Chp 6. Getting Fancy
Chp 7. Fist to the Face
Chp 8. Unforgivable
Chp 9. No fairytale Endings
Chp 10. New Friends
Chp 11. It's Wednesday
Chp 12. Three Floors
Chp 13. Good-Bye Dylan
Chp 14. Date #2
Chp 15. A Date With Warren
Chp 17. Tanner
Chp 18. The Unknown Wife
Chp 19. The Kiss
Chp 20. Four Days Later
Chp 21. I Gave In
Chp 22. The Slap
Chp 23. The Deep End
Chp 24. The Rescue
Chp 25. Unraveled
Chp 26. Kelly & Warren
Chp 27. Unhappy Birthday to Me
Chp 28. Sam
Chp 29. Court
Chp 30 2 weeks & 6 days later
Epilogue

Chp 16. I Do Not Swim

16.2K 438 14
By Chocolatefreak101

My phone started to play a special ringtone Lizzy recorded on my phone.

"Its Lizzy calling and if you don't pick up your phone at once Cassandra I will hunt you down and tickle you!" Out of all the ringtones on my phone she decided to make her own. By the time I had gotten to my phone it had played this ringtone three times already.

"Hi Lizzy," I sighed answering the phone.

"Took you long enough, you know I meant it when I made that recording of my voice. I will hunt you down," Lizzy threatened.

"It's not much of a threat if I'm not really ticklish," I smiled walking into the bathroom. Today Kelly and I went running for an hour and I smelt icky and felt sticky.

"I didn't know! Most people have a ticklish spot somewhere," Lizzy exclaimed over the phone.

I rolled my eyes, "Sorry I'm not ticklish anywhere."

"So Sam came home the other night and he seemed...well upset," Lizzy brought up.

I moaned inwardly, "I'm sure it had nothing to do with his date."

"Wait date? I didn't say anything about a date," Lizzy said.

I slapped myself, twice in the head.

"Cassandra...what's your middle name?" Lizzy asked.

"Melanie," I replied hesitantly.

"Cassandra Melanie Draper what happened?" Lizzy demanded.

"Nothing," I squeaked.

"You're such a liar! Tell me right now or I will hunt you down and do...well I don't know what I'll do but I'll do it!" Lizzy threatened.

I sat on the edge of my bathtub, "We may or may not have ran into each other the other night."

"So why would that make him upset?" Lizzy pestered.

"Well I was there on a date with some guy and he was there on a date with some lady. We bumped into each other at the bathroom said some things and I left," I quickly spoke.

"Ugh...you're not going to tell me what you two said are you?" Lizzy asked.

"Nope," I answered.

"First off I told him going on that date was a bad idea, but one of his guy friends Steven-"

It's always Steven. Why is Sam friends with this guy?

"-Asked Sam if he'd do him a favor by asking his sister out on a date so they went on the date and the girl ended up asking him out on a second date which was the one you witnessed the other night. The only reason he went to such a nice place was because she was paying even though he hated it. I mean my brother is too nice for his own good I mean...whoa look at me rambling on. Anyways now that that's cleared up I was wondering if you'd want to come swimming with me today?" Lizzy asked quickly changing the subject.

Water plus me equals drowning, I don't know how to swim and I'm afraid of water; I know I'm pathetic. "I don't swim Lizzy."

"You live in Florida now you're going to have to get over it," Lizzy exclaimed.

"Not only do I not want to swim I can't swim," I explained to her.

"What? Then I'll teach you!" Lizzy explained excitedly.

"No," I said out flatly.

"Why?" Lizzy asked.

"I have my reasons," I replied knowing I couldn't tell her.

"Cassandra Melanie Draper don't you dare keep secrets from me! If you don't tell me right now I won't talk to you ever again and-"

"I'm afraid of the water!" I clamped my hand over my mouth. I wanted her to shut up but not tell her my sad secret.

"Repeat that again?" Lizzy asked shocked.

"I'm afraid of the water, I always have been," I replied softly.

"Oh," Lizzy went quiet, "Why is that?"

I took my ponytail out of my hair, "I don't know."

"Yes you do, tell me," Lizzy pushed.

"I guess it's because when I was eight years old I jumped into the deep end and started to drown." I paused I've never told anyone this before, "My dad saved me from drowning. He was my protector, my body guard, my dad..." Tears started coming down I pulled my head away from the phone and dried my eyes then pulled it back, "He left a year later and when he did that my whole world shattered. I've had the same reoccurring nightmare for the past nine years. I find myself stuck under water trying to breathe but I can't and I almost find air when its snatched away from me and then I wake up."

Lizzy was silent.

"That's why I'm afraid of the water, it's probably pathetic and stupid but that's why," I croaked.

Lizzy was still silent then finally spoke, "You are not pathetic and stupid Cassandra, far from it, look you don't have to go swimming with me, besides for the most part of it I just sit there and tan, but I do want you to come so bring an umbrella, a book, and tons of sunscreen because girl you are pale and I'm guessing you don't tan. I am not taking a lobster home."

I giggled, "I do burn pretty bad."

"Good then it's settled, I'll text you the directions of the pool-"

"Pool? We live close to a beach why we going to a pool?" I interrupted.

"I know a guy who works there and its less crowded. Now get moving because I expect to see you in two hours. No arguing your coming," With that she hung up.

I sighed here we go.

                                *                                      *                                    *                                 *

When we got to the pull we fortunately found some laid out chairs with an umbrella holder that way I wouldn't burn. Placing my umbrella into the umbrella holder I positioned it so it would be over me. Lizzy was all ready to tan, she had on a poke a dot swimsuit while I had on swim shorts and a t-shirt. I was not getting burnt nor did I have any intention of swimming. I had taken a shower thrown my hair up into a ponytail, grabbed sunscreen, sunglasses, and an umbrella and was out the door in no time. I had stopped at the bookstore on the way and bought a book I've wanted to read in like forever.

"Okay I know I said to bring a book, but you have to occasionally talk to me otherwise I'll fall asleep and get to tanned on one side," Lizzy said lying down on the chair.

Taking a seat I smiled, "No problem."

"Wow Lizzy we only just got here and you are already tanning?" A guy asked coming up.

Lizzy sat up, "You guys took to long we've been here for ten minutes."

"There was traffic," The guy argued.

Lizzy rolled her eyes, "Whatever Steven."

Steven? As in the guy Sam and Lizzy mentioned? Looking closely at him I saw he had curly blonde hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. He was wearing a white tank and red shorts.

"Where are the rest of the crew? I thought you brought the van?" Lizzy asked.

"They're coming relax I ran in to see if I could get some seats saved because Sam said you never save seats for anyone," Steven answered.

Sam? Sam was coming? And others? How many others? I hate crowds I prefer my space and my bubble.

"How many seats do you need?" Lizzy asked.

"Only eight seats in my car but somehow we managed to squish nine people," Steven replied.

"That means I have to take Sam home doesn't it?" Lizzy said raising her eyebrow.

"Unless you want me to get a ticket, yes," Steven shrugged.

"You idiot I have work after this, who did you bring?" Lizzy demanded irritated.

"Lily and Joey, they're a couple now and Joey is our bro. Duncan, JW, Sam of course. Then..." Steven trailed off.

"There's three people missing from that list," Lizzy said annoyed.

"And we may have invited the triplets," Steven muttered.

Lizzy jumped in the air and punched Steven in the chest, "You idiot they're going to ruin my day! I told you I didn't want to see them ever again!"

"Calm down Lizzy!" Steven raised his hands up in surrender.

"Don't ever tell me that! Calm down, I am calm!" Lizzy shouted angrily.

"I can see that," Steven backed away, "I'm going to go find them, try to be cool with it when I get back."

Lizzy sat down irritated, she was practically foaming at the mouth.

"Who are the triplets and why do you hate them?" I asked worried.

"They aren't actually triplets, we call them that because they all look, and act the same," Lizzy replied, "They're horrible and mean so stay away from them. They are heartless friend stealers."

"Okay," I paused waiting for her to continue but she didn't so I changed the subject, "I thought it was just us two who were coming?"

Lizzy stopped mumbling complaints and went silent; she rubbed her neck nervously as though hiding something.

"What did you do?" I demanded.

"Nothing," Lizzy played with her blonde multi-highlighted color hair, "I may or may not have tricked both you and Sam into coming here without either of you knowing."

My eyes popped out of my head, "I'm going."

"No!" Lizzy clamped a hand over her mouth, "Sorry, that was loud. You can't go! You have to stay! Please! Pretty please!"

She was right I couldn't leave because if I left I'd have to go back to the Kennish's and my so called dad was there and he might ask me a bunch of questions again and I didn't want to answer them. I caved, "Fine."

"Yes!" Lizzy threw her arms around me, "You won't regret it!"

"I'm sure I will," I mumbled.

Soon Steven came walking over with three girls following right behind him a long with a few other people I didn't recognize.

Steven stopped in front of Lizzy, far enough so she couldn't smack him. "Lizzy you remember Tiffany, Tina, and Trixie."

"Unfortunately," Lizzy mumbled.

They all did look a like, all had black hair, really tan smooth skin, they all were wearing the same black bikinis, same white sunglasses, with the same serious look on their faces.

"Liz," All three girls said.

"Tiff, Tina, Trixie," Lizzy greeted through gritted teeth.

With that the three walked off at a fair distance before sitting down. Thank goodness they didn't sit next to Lizzy or me. That would not have ended well.

"Charming," Lizzy said sarcastic.

"Heads up!" Another guy yelled.

Steven jumped grabbing the volleyball, "Duncan can't you wait until we're in the water?"

A guy with a baldhead tackled Steven into the pool, "Not a chance!"

Lizzy rolled her eyes, and then a girl and a boy came forward hand in hand. The girl had short spikey green hair while the boy had spikey black hair. That must be Lily and Joey. Lizzy said hi as they walked away to the diving board together. Then Sam and some other guy came walking by.

"Lizzy always looking good," The guy winked.

Sam shoved him, "She's my sister JW."

"I know that," JW said.

Sam rolled his eyes as he turned towards Lizzy, I shrank back opening my book up to a random page.

"Cassandra?" Sam asked.

I should act like I don't hear him; if only I didn't have blue hair then he wouldn't have to know it was me. I can't ignore him; I turned towards Sam where he was staring blankly at me.

"Isn't this a wonderful surprise!" Lizzy jumped up faking it like she hadn't planned it at all.

"I didn't realize that when you said you had a surprise that it was a person," Sam tried whispering.

"It's wonderful right!" Lizzy exclaimed.

"Lizzy what did I tell you about butting into my life," Sam tried to whisper again.

Lizzy turned to me putting on a fake smile, "Excuse us." Lizzy grabbed Sam's ear and dragged him a little ways away.

I sat up straining my ears barely hearing what they were saying.

"She told me what happened the other night," Lizzy said letting go of his ear.

"Everything?" Sam asked surprised.

"Not what you two said too each other but what happened. Sam what am I going to do with you," Lizzy screeched whispered.

Sam wasn't paying attention he looked over at me and I quickly looked at my book pretending to not care or hear what the two were saying to each other.

Lizzy snapped her fingers, "Earth to my big brother."

I felt Sam's eyes stop staring at me, "What?"

"You obviously like her so get off your high horse and ask her out again," Lizzy argued.

"Lizzy it's not that easy," Sam whispered.

"She's my best friend-"

"It's only been a few weeks-"

"Don't interrupt me, she's my best friend and you like her and..." Lizzy pulled him farther away this time I couldn't hear.

A few minutes later they both came back.

Sam came over and sat at the bottom of my chair, "Hey."

I sat my book down and pushed myself up, "Hi."

"I'm sorry about the other night..." Sam trailed off.

I tucked my legs in not wanting to have this conversation but I knew I had too, "It's okay. It's my fault too. I don't think...we were expecting to see each other."

"Yeah," Sam sighed, "Would you like to come play water volleyball with us?"

My eyes popped out of my head, "I um...you see I..."

"She already promised she'd keep me company while I tan," Lizzy spoke up for me.

Sam gave his sister a weird look, "Okay...then maybe later?"

My stomach twisted in knots, "Yeah maybe."

Sam smiled getting up before he left he turned to me, "I'm glad Lizzy forced you to come."

"Hey!" Lizzy yelled as Sam ran off and jumped into the pool. "I can't believe he's my brother!"

I sighed, "Yeah your brother."

"You should know I'm totally cool with you dating him, and I know you're my friend but don't worry it won't ruin our friendship," Lizzy said lying down.

I looked at her, I had thought about Lizzy and I's friendship with this whole thing with her brother but didn't know how to address it, "It won't?"

"No, and I'm not telling you why. Now talk to me about something else," Lizzy said wanting the subject changed.

For an hour or two I talked to Lizzy, a few times conversation would die so I'd read my book. It didn't happen that often and I only got fifteen pages into my book before anyone came by again.

Steven ran over to Lizzy shaking his wet messy hair.

"Steven!" Lizzy screamed sitting up, "That's cold."

"Well it wouldn't be if you got used to it," Steven exclaimed.

"I don't want to get used to it," Lizzy pouted.

Steven smiled then picked up Lizzy and flung her over his shoulder.

"Steven put me down or else!" Lizzy screamed.

"Or else what you can't do anything to me," Steven laughed.

"If you so much as get me-"

I heard a splash and watched Lizzy surface, "Stevven...your...ssoo..deeaad."

I laughed so loud I slapped my hand over my mouth.

"What's so funny?" Sam asked coming up to me.

Sam's light brown wet hair stuck to his face, water dripping everywhere. Even wet he was sexy.

"Um...Lizzy got thrown into the pool by Steven," I explained.

Sam smirked, "That's what happens when you don't get in willingly."

"I guess so," I said putting down my book as I watched Lizzy trying to get out but Steven kept pushing her back in.

Out of nowhere Sam's arms wrapped around my body and I felt myself being lifted, "Sam what are you doing?" I asked stunned to be this close to him.

"I'm taking you for a swim," Sam clarified teasingly.

My eyes grew wide and in shock, "No...No...please Sam don't."

"Come on you saw what happened to Lizzy. Like I said that's what happens when you go unwillingly, you get thrown in," Sam teased.

"Wait no Sam, you can't throw me in," I started to panic.

"Of course I can," Sam continued forward.

"No seriously Sam, please don't throw me in!" Panic shot threw my whole body as I tried to wiggle out of his arms, "Sam please I can't swim!"

"Don't try to pull that on me," Sam said stopping near the edge of the pool.

I looked underneath, we were at the seven-foot end and he was about to drop me in. My nightmare flashed before my eyes, my memory of drowning, the horror I felt every time I woke up made me panic. "Sam let me go!" I yelled hitting him, "Let me go Sam let me go! Please Sam! Lizzy, Lizzy where are you! Help me Lizzy!" I couldn't breathe the water underneath me the water telling me it was going to kill me, "Let me go!"

"Sam let her go!" Lizzy yelled.

Sam's hands started to let me go, "She's fine-"

I heard Lizzy hit against his back, "Let her go you idiot! Can't you see she's scared?"

Tears leaked down my face Lizzy screaming at Sam to put me down. Finally Sam turned around and set me down on my feet. My legs collapsed underneath me as I kneeled by the pool side. I couldn't see anything my eyes were full of tears and it made my contacts move.

"Wow what a baby," The triplets said all at the same time.

I was shaking all over, I was a baby, I cried over stupid things, and couldn't even swim. A hand touched me and I pulled away the tears still coming, "Stay away from me!"

People yelled after me as I ran away I didn't know where to go and I didn't want people to follow me. The only place I could see or even get to was the girl's bathroom. I ran in past the bathroom stalls and into one of their showers. I closed the curtain behind me and sat on the bench they provided and cried there silently for a while.

"Cassy? Cassy?" Lizzy called out a few minutes later.

I brought my knees to my chest and held on tight wishing she wouldn't find me. The tears where slowly coming to a stop but I knew if someone tried to talk to me I'd burst out a fresh set of tears.

"Don't listen to the triplets Cassy their brats anyways. You are not a baby, its okay to be afraid of things, I'm a afraid of snakes," Lizzy confessed.

"That's not the same thing," I mumbled than wanted to slap myself.

Lizzy opened the shower curtain, "There you are."

"Go away Lizzy, I'm a baby and a coward," I whispered.

Lizzy sat down next to me, "No you are not."

There was a long silence.

"I can prove it too, that day we first met at my job. Everyone I've ever scared off before would leave me a lone and not want anything to do with me, but you didn't. You stood your ground, took my insults, and still told me that I was wrong. Because of that I liked you, sure you're quiet and shy, but at the end of the day that doesn't stop you. You're yourself and that's all that matters. And there's nothing wrong with crying, Sam scared you, you have the right to cry." Lizzy said then wrapped her arms around me, "I think you're awesome."

I gave a chocked chuckle, "I think you're awesome too. Your brave and strong and you definitely don't care about what others think of you. You're my first real best friend and that means the world to me."

Lizzy hugged me tighter, "Yep and your stuck with me forever."

I sighed sadly.

"What's wrong?" Lizzy asked worried.

"I still don't understand why you like me so much. I'm not exactly the prettiest girl, and I'm insecure about everything. I'm not like most girls," I said.

"No your not," Sam agreed quietly.

I whipped my head up to find Sam standing there. He looked worried.

"Sam this is the girls bathroom," Lizzy hissed.

"I know, so can you go stand guard while I talk to Cassy?" Sam asked.

Lizzy frowned, "Fine but I can't make any promises. See you outside Cassy. Holler if he says something stupid."

Normally that comment would have made me chuckle. When Lizzy stopped hugging me it felt weird when she let go I felt bare. Lizzy walked outside. Sam sat down next to me.

"How much did you hear?" I whispered.

"The part were you told my sister why you like her so much," Sam confessed.

"Oh," I said going silent.

"Cassy, I'm sorry I didn't know," Sam apologized.

"How could you, I didn't tell you and I brought myself to a pool with a bunch of boys, I should have known better," I sighed leaning back and letting my legs stretch.

"Still," Sam paused, "I do want to get to know you Cassy a lot more than I've ever wanted to know about any girl. I mean you might not realize it but you've made me smile and laugh again."

I looked up into his light blue eyes, "Again?"

Sam gave a weak smile, "I guess I better tell you, you'll find out eventually."

"You don't have too-"

Sam put his finger to my lips, "Just let me tell you."

I nodded as he pulled his finger away.

"You probably didn't realize it but Lizzy and I aren't exactly siblings by blood," Sam started.

I looked at him quirking an eyebrow. No I hadn't guessed that then again I thought they might have been a couple when I first met them.

"You see I'm adopted. My parents were told they had a slim chance of having a kid together so they decided to adopt. Then three years later Lizzy was born, I guess my parents got lucky because they thought they could never get pregnant. They still loved and treated me like their son and Lizzy has always been my sister to me. However, they didn't tell me I was adopted until I was sixteen, they were worried I'd hate them, and I did at first but once I realized they were still my parents I didn't let that get in the way. Lizzy was told when I was told, she was only thirteen at the time. We still went on with our lives nothing really had changed because in all of our eyes we were still all family," Sam paused taking my hand, "Then three years ago five days after Lizzy's birthday my parents got into a car crash." Sam held onto my hand tighter, "My dad was killed instantly and my mom was rushed to the hospital where later she died also." Sam stopped running a hand over his face, "I became Lizzy's legal guardian. We've been on our own ever since."

Silence, I was to shocked to say anything, I didn't even know if I should. He lost both his parents, I lost only one and he didn't even die. Sam was also adopted I wouldn't have guessed that and who knows what happened to his birth parents. He probably wondered why he was given up in the first place.

"So you see, for the past three years I had to grow up and take charge and be the better example. I had put my life on hold to take care of Lizzy through our hardest time together. It took us a long time but we soon were able to deal with it, I guess you could say. Lizzy has been trying to get me to date for over a year now and I thought she was weird for badgering me about my dating life, until the day I met you. She pushed and pushed and well if it wasn't for her I probably would have been to scared to ask you out, but I'm glad she did. Your right Cassandra your not like most other girls, and that's one of the many reasons why I like you so much," Sam explained, "And if you'd let me I'd like to keep asking you out because I like you a lot."

I smiled blushing making myself look up at him I confessed my true feelings, "I like you a lot two Sam."

I then made a bold move as I laid my head on top of his shoulder. He reacted by wrapping his arm around me it was almost to perfect to be true. Being here with Sam felt so natural and comfortable. Unfortunately all good things end.

"Sam you better get out of there!" Lizzy yelled.

Sam chuckled getting up and reaching his hand out towards me, "Ready?"

I smiled taking his hand, "Ready."

****************

Now you know more about Sam. What did you think? Picture of Lizzy at the top. Comment/Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 66.3K 34
Ashton Heart didn't have an easy life. She was bullied every day because of her weight, her looks and worst of all, her father. She's bullied by the...
698 10 30
Forced to marry him in order saving her father yet at first sight she falls for his brother Right or wrong ???? Yet the heart want what it wants rig...
1K 43 10
Arranged married not only can be the worst, but it also can be the best. Rose, as an online shop owner has been single for two years after her last r...
31.5K 1.8K 13
Derek Richmond is a bachelor with no intention of ever getting married. His work is his life, and he's next in line to take over the family business...