Royal Pain in the Ass

By PunkRockPenguin

Juliet has worked hard all of her life and everything she has she earned herself. Now her world is turning u... More

Royal Pain in the Ass
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI (corrected)
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Epilogue

Chapter XX

152K 1.8K 146
By PunkRockPenguin

Okay, so i'm late posting because my brother surprised me!!!! He just showed up at my work and apparently I accidentally threw a co-worked into an oven in my full on sprint out of the kitchen at the restaurant I work at. So here we go, it's shorter than usual, I know, but i had to stop here because next chapter is kind of important :)

__________________________________________

Chapter XX

I woke up to a pounding head. I looked up at the sun streaming through the slight gap in the curtains and I winced. I looked around and didn't recognize anything. I decided now wasn't a good time to stress about it and I snuggle back into the blankets when I realized it wasn't just a blanket and I sat bolt upright. I wasn't alone in the bed. Quite the contrary. There were three other people in the bed with me.

I looked down and realized I wasn't wearing the dress Xavier had given me last night. Instead I was wearing a pirate costume. I looked at my bed mates and saw Fiore, Xavier, and Hewitt. What happened last night?

I shook Fiore lightly and she didn't budge, so I shook her like a baby until she groaned. "What?"

"Fiore!" I hissed.

"What?" she groaned again.

"Wake up!?"

"Why?"

"Because, we're in a bed, I can't remember how we got here, and I have no idea why I'm dressed in a pirate costume, or why we're in costumes to begin with!"

"Because we didn't want to be naked." Fiore replied like it was obvious. "I need a cigarette if we're going to be doing this. Actually, I really do need to get up. We have to stop by the hospital anyway."

"What? Why can't I remember last night."

Fiore sighed and gave me a sympathetic look and got up out of bed, careful not to disturb the boys and pulled me with her. "First coffee, then answers. Now go through the wardrobe, anything you like, it's yours."

"So it this your house?"

"Of course. Now I need to fetch Geoffrey and get us to the hospital. I want to make sure everything is okay."

"Fiore. Why can't I remember last night?"

Fiore thought for a moment. "You shared a few drinks with me, didn't you?"

"Um, I don't know? Probably?"

Fiore nodded. "Bad trip. I was a naughty girl last night. If it was your first trip, that would explain it."

"By the way, what are you?"

"A ninja." She replied like it was obvious.

"Then why are you wearing bright orange?"

"I'm an orange ninja."

"Oh, I wasn't aware there were orange ninjas."

"Well, there are now."

In no time I was wearing a pair of black dress slacks with heels and a turquoise blue halter top.

"Oh my god. I love that!"

I looked over my shoulder and remembered my tattoo. "Oh right, I keep forgetting. I have to keep it covered. James still doesn't know I have it."

"That's awesome!" Fiore showed me her wrist. "I had a little one here, just a little one, but no, as soon as Daddy found out, he made me get it removed." Fiore gave me a sideways glance. "But he doesn't know about this one." Fiore pulled the lining of her pants down to reveal a small zebra print heart tattooed on her hip bone. "And I have no intention of him ever finding out."

I laughed. "Of course Fiore."

"Here." She handed me a flared out cream colored blazer. "Now we have to go see how Lana is doing."

"Lana? What's happened with Lana? Wait . . . I'm getting fuzzy memories."

Fiore sighed. "Get in the car, I'll explain along the way."

I sat and listened to Fiore's story. As she explained my memories started flooding back. I remembered Ian drunkenly shouting how Lana was his fiancé, and his future wife. I remembered Lana getting shot. Fiore's strict ordered that no one else was allowed out. I remembered crying until I heard that Lana was safely in the ambulance. I was having flashbacks. I've seen enough ambulances to last me a life time. Fiore had quickly taken charge of the situation and had Ian and Chad carefully move Lana as she tore her own beautiful one of a kind dress with orders to pack the wound. Fiore saw to it none of the media was allowed any access, they were all too terrified of her to challenge her. She had her servant Geoffrey direct the Ambulance and it wasn't long before Lana was in the best hands English money could buy.

"Have we heard anything?"

"I have some hysterical texts and voicemails from Christine and Ian, but Chad and Greg have assured me she's stable. She's not conscious, but I think Ian needs us more than Lana does right now. Someone said something. I'm going to find out who, hunt them down and make sure no one ever accepts another piece from them. I will see to it that they not only lose their job, but all future hope of any livelihood. Ever. I am no one to be trifled with." Fiore turned to me. "Which reminds me, what happened with you last night? Who do I need to deal with?"

Then I remembered. Chase."I think Lana is more important right now." I deflected.

Fiore raised an eyebrow but let it go. Fiore and I shoved our way through the media circus outside the hospital and were led into the main waiting room. We were led through security and the smell of antiseptic and plastic filled my nose and it took me a moment to calm myself back down.

I hated hospitals. As much as I hated them, I knew someone who would be hating this hospital even more. Fiore was speaking quietly with my Aunt Cassie and Uncle Henry and I saw Christine sleeping awkwardly in a chair, her head on Greg's shoulder, his arm around her rubbing her back. I jumped when a hand was on my shoulder and I relaxed when I saw it was Chad.

"Hey,"

"Hello, how are you feeling?"

"I'm alright, how's Lana?"

"Stable, which is the best we can hope for at the moment."

"And Ian?"

Chad gave me a sad half-smile. "You are a clever one."

"Where is he?"

"He hasn't left her side." Chad replied, indicating a door with two armed security guards.

I nodded. I walked right past security and into Lana's room. Lana was a mess. I felt my heart in my throat as I saw the IV in her arm, the heart monitor, the wires and monitors and I was trying not to remember the last person I'd seen like this. Ian was holding Lana's hand in his and his head was resting on the other. He must have fallen asleep. I walked back out and back up to Chad.

"Does Ian like coffee?"

"He likes it well enough."

"Do you know how he takes it?"

Chad nodded. "Yeah,"

"Come with me."

A few minutes later I had two fresh cups of coffee. I went back in the room and rubbed Ian's back. He jumped but relaxed after he saw me. He looked a mess. His hair was disheveled, his eyes bloodshot, his complexion pallid.

I handed him a cup. "Drink."

"I don't want it, thanks though."

"I didn't ask. Drink it."

"I said I don't want it."

"Have you eaten since everything happened?"

"No, I've been a little preoccupied."

"Exactly. Now drink the damn coffee and get your blood sugar back up."

"Oh,"

"I'm not going to ask you to leave or anything, it wouldn't happen anyway. But I wanted to make sure you're taking care of yourself too. I know it's hard to watch someone you love laying there like that."

"Juliet, I understand you've had issues, but I don't think you have any idea how I'm feeling right now."

"Ian, I don't know what it's like to see the love of my life, my fiancé, like that, but I do know what it's like to watch my own mother wither and die and there be nothing I can do to help her. I understand to some extent. I'm not going to belittle your feelings and tell you I understand how you're feeling, because I don't. But you have to take care of yourself still. You have to keep going. Someone has leaked something to the press - "

"WHAT?" Ian roared.

"Fiore is on it, calm down. All the same, you're going to have to set the record straight. I'm not saying tonight, but you do need to let the world know."

Ian nodded. "I suppose I'll have to arrange a press conference."

I nodded. "That's a start. Ian, Lana is your rock, isn't she?"

Ian looked over at Lana just lying there and he turned away from me. I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'll take that as a yes. That's okay. But she's going to need you now more than ever. You have to be her rock for now. Okay?" I felt Ian lightly shaking. I turned him to face me and let him cry. I held him until the sobs stopped. "Do you feel any better?"

Ian pulled away and had his composure back. "Yes, thank you."

"You're going to have to find an outlet. It doesn't have to be a person, but you're going to have a lot of shit on your plate. You need some way to deal, if not you'll either crack or explode. Find something or someone."

Ian let out a small chuckle. "How eloquently put."

I gave him a small smile. "Ian, I like you. You're one of the few people I can honestly say I like since I've been here. Lana is on that list too. I hate to see either of you like this. I don't know if I can do anything, but if there is, you just say the word. Lana needs you at the top of your game. Make sure someone is bringing you in something to eat each day. Doesn't have to be much, just eat. Try to get some rest." I walked back out and noticed Christine was awake now and sitting alone. "Hey," I offered sitting next to here.

"Hey," she sighed.

"She's going to be okay."

Christine nodded.

"Where'd Greg go?"

"He went down to get something to eat for us. He's the least likely to get harassed."

"I'd think that would be Fiore."

"No, Fiore is the most feared, but she's easy to recognize."

I nodded. "How are you holding up?"

"Better than Ian. No one can pry him from her bedside."

"It's sweet that he loves her that much."

Christine nodded. "Yes, but I'm worried about him."

"Be there for him. That's all you can do." I pulled her into a hug and sat with her until Greg came back, then I drifted over to where Fiore was almost finished with my aunt and uncle.

"Juliet," Aunt Cassie smiled.

"I know you guys have a lot on your plate, but if I can do anything, be of any assistance, please, just let me know." Uncle Henry gave me a look that I wanted to squirm under, but I forced myself to remain still. I looked him dead in the eye. "Even if all you need is for me to stay out of the way. I wanted to make sure you knew I wanted to help."

Uncle Henry gave a small nod and I looked to Fiore. "I've done all that I can from here. Are you ready, Juliet?"

I nodded. "I hope to see you guys soon." I followed Fiore back to the car and she got on the phone. Now that I was as alone as I would be for a while I let my mind wander.

I was remembering the last time I was in the hospital. I'd spent every day for eight months in a hospital. The only time I left was when I was I had to work or was in class. I hate hospitals. I shook my head. No. That was not the way I would remember my mother. I would remember her at her best. Beautiful, intelligent, completely independent. The woman I wanted to always make proud. I needed to focus on what needed to be done now. I took a deep breath and tried to focus. I had to figure out what I was going to do.

Chase had a video of . . . us and I had to figure out a way to deal with this.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized I really only had one option. Chase could be pacified, but if he didn't get his way, things would get ugly and fast. I knew what I was going to do.

It wasn't long before we were back at Fiore's country estate. Hewitt and Xavier were sitting at the table eating lunch.

"Ah, you're back." Hewitt smiled. He walked up and gave Fiore a kiss on the cheek and I saw her tense up. "I'm so glad you're back."

"Um, Hewitt, we're going to have to have a talk." Fiore warned.

Hewitt's eyes were suddenly guarded. "Okay."

"How is Lana?" Xavier asked after a moment of awkward silence.

"She's stable. She just needs time to heal. She has the best doctors we can offer. It's no longer critical." Fiore replied, seeming more at ease all of a sudden.

"Good." I saw Xavier visibly relax.

Fiore looked between Xavier and myself and sighed. "Now's as good a time as any, I suppose. Hewitt let's go take a nice long ride. I haven't gotten to ride Gorgon yet. You're all welcome to anything you like, just ask the servants." Fiore cooed. "Come along, Hewitt."

I watched as Fiore sauntered out of the room and Hewitt followed like an obedient puppy. I sighed and looked over Xavier. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm well, and you? You were a little out of it last night."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that." I felt myself flush. "I don't really remember last night. Well, most of it."

Xavier was thoughtful for a moment and pursed his lips. "I see. What do you remember?"

"Basically up until I accidentally got drugged by sipping Fiore's drink."

"Ah." Xavier nodded. "Not to worry. You didn't do anything wrong or embarrassing."

"I just don't like having gaps in my memory."

"Not many people do."

I nodded. "Um, do you remember all of last night?"

Xavier gave a snort of laughter. "Yes, Juliet. I do. Unlike you, I didn't get drugged." He chortled.

"So you remember what happened with, erm, well the whole Chase thing?" Xavier's jaw clenched and a fierce tension was throughout his shoulders, like a tiger about to pounce.

"I'll take that as a yes. I've made my decision." Xavier looked over at me confused. "I'm going to play his game for now."

"You're what?" Xavier hissed.

"I don't see any other way around it. I don't want to embarrass anyone, and he doesn't actually want me, he just wants fame. It shouldn't take him long to be finished and over it all."

"Juliet, let's be reasonable,"

"I am. If I don't play along, he's just going to release the tape. He's right. Regardless of whether or not I agreed to it, the paparazzi will still eat it up. This is just what they want. If I play his game, just until he gets bored, he won't release the tape."

"Do you really believe someone like this is trustworthy?"

I shook my head. "I'm not stupid. He'll totally throw me under the bus if it suits his fancy. I know this. I also know Chase."

"But,"

"Xavier, I've made my mind up. The last thing I need is another scandal. I won't embarrass my father and his family any more than I already have."

Xavier sighed and turned from me. "Juliet, we will fix this. Somehow I will find a way to fix this."

I walked over to stare him in the eye. "Xavier, I am fixing this. Once I get that tape, we're done. All he wants is a taste of this so called fame I've accumulated. Chase is an ass, but he's easy to appease. It doesn't take much to satisfy him. He'll get bored here soon."

Xavier shook his head. "I don't want to see you get hurt."

"How will I get hurt?"

"He's already hurt you."

"Xavier, I'm not actually going to date him."

"You're so naive sometimes." Xavier shook his head. "I would advise speaking to your father,"

"NO!" I cut him off right there. I was so not telling my father that there was a sex tape of me out there. Hell no. "There is no way in hell that is happening, do I make myself clear? If James finds out you will have me to deal with."

Xavier looked pissed and it almost frightened me, but there was no way I was backing down. This was my mess, I was going to fix it.

________________________________________________________________

Alrighty, now i have a very important question for you all; would you like to see a chapter through Xavier's POV? It's not something i normally do, but if you would like that, I'd be happy to oblige. Now, the only way to let me know you want that is to comment on here, my profile or a pm works too, all up to you!

And as always comment and vote <3 thank you lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.8K 45
Juliet is back! This time she is still struggling to fit into the British elite upper class. There will be plenty of old faces and quite a few new...
800 38 22
*Mature content warning.* A mythical kingdom is ruled by a king, queen, and their son, the prince. The prince is engaged to a rich noble woman, the d...
491 34 86
𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸...
87.2K 3.4K 74
"If you go out with me, I'll buy you dinner." "Maybe some other time." "If you go out with me, I'll spoil you like a princess." "I don't need gems an...