The Fighter In Me

By BaddieMoonwalker

© More

Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. (Part 1)
9. (Pt. 2)
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16. [End]
Love You Guys!
Misguided
Favorite Fics Friday!

11.

670 30 3
By BaddieMoonwalker

Going into public places is hard. Not knowing if people remember you, know who you are, or who you're related to...it's all hard. Especially at the grocery store. Each aisle I walked down, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I heard whispers too.

"I wish you people would mind your business." I mumbled.

I tried to make the process go faster by picking two things up from each aisle. Nine times out of ten I wasn't picking up anything that was useful or needed. I rushed down the aisle ways trying my best to gather the things Bre told me to get for dinner.

"Noodles, Ragu, butter, and..." I read the list aloud, checking my basket for each item.

"Um, excuse me." Someone tapped me.

"What?" I spun around with an attitude.

"I was just going to tell you that you dropped your wallet but..." His face scrunched up.

"Sorry 'bout it." I nervously laughed.

He had to be the finest human being I've ever seen.

"No problem. I'm Blake." He held out his hand.

His eyes were beautiful.

"Bahja." I shook his hand.

He was just a beautiful individual as a whole.

"Nice to meet you beautiful." He flashed those beautiful pearly whites.

"You also." I cheesed.

"Well...see you later." Blake chuckled.

"Bye." I giggled.

I turned to walk away but Blake stopped me.

"I know this is weird and you don't really know me like that but I just can't leave you alone without getting to know you better. May I take you out to lunch?" Blake bit his bottom lip.

"I-yeah. Sure. What time?" I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Is now okay?" He shifted his weight.

"Yeah. It's fine." I smiled

"Do you want to meet me up there or?" Blake asked.

"I walked here." I intertwined my sweaty hands. It was getting pretty hot in this store.

"Oh. Perfect. We can ride there together." He flashed those pearly whites once more.

I think I'm going to melt....

"Here I'll help you out. I only came here to get some sour patches anyway." Blake laughed.

"I love sour patches!" I said as I handed Blake my shopping basket.

"I guess that's something we have in common." He looked into my eyes making me internally cry.
"Wait." I stopped him.

"What's wrong?" Blake raised an eyebrow.

"Before this goes any further, I have a son." I bit my lip.

"And I love chilly cheese fries." Blake said

"What?" My head tilted in confusion.

"I was going to tell a joke but I forgot." He scratched his neck.

"You're a mess." I laughed at his forgetfulness.

He stopped in front of me.

"Bahja, you having a son won't stop me from dating you. I love kids." Blake smiled.

I was speechless. The only answer I could give him was a smile.
-

"No way! That did not happen!" Blake was dying of laughter.

"It did. I was so embarrassed!" I covered my face at the memory.

"Well you know-" he was cut off by his alarm.

"It's 5:30. I have to get going. I'm sorry." Blake rushed.

"It's fine." I gave a fake smile.

"Actually...would you like to come?" Blake wiggled his eyebrows

"Where?" I laughed.

"My basketball game." Blake said

"Basketball game?" I knitted my eyebrows.

"I thought you knew...I'm a basketball player. I play for the LA Clippers." Blake said.

"Oh. I surely did not know that." The information was a bit hard to take in. I thought he was a regular guy...now I have to deal with fame all over again. But I'm willing to do it for him.

"Sure. I'll go." I nodded.

"Yes! Let's get going. I can't be late or I won't be able to play." Blake payed for our food and then we left.

On the way to the basketball center, Zayden called.

I pressed decline.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 4.4K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
12.9K 443 24
"my whole life is a lie...you looked me in my eyes and said you'd never hurt me" ...in which Imani James life changes in the blink of an eye when her...
798K 29.8K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC