Cupid's Arrow ✔

By yuktsakaria

Meet Chloe Wilson, she's like any other girl- funny, nerd, sweet, keeping sarcasm as her middle name, but she... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 7

54.2K 2.1K 136
By yuktsakaria

Chapter 7

**

Chloe

How would you feel when someone makes you feel unwanted?

When Chase glared at Alec and asked him what I was doing there, I could clearly see that he didn't want me there with his friends. So I ran out of the room to my house. Mom wanted me to drop off some cookies she made for Stacie, but I found Alec wandering in the kitchen. I called Stacie and gave her the cookie and was about to go home when Alec asked to accompany him and Jason to the basement.

I shouldn't have gone.

I ran through my door breathing heavily. As soon as I stepped inside, I fell on my knees, unable to control my breathing​. Sweat started forming on my forehead, my hands shaking, my heart beating very fast as tears ran down my eyes and everything seem blur.

"Chloe, is that you? Did you give the cookies I gave...." Mom asked as she came out of the kitchen. As soon as she saw me, her eyes widen and her mouth drop open, she rushed over to me with a panic expression. She kneeled in front of me rubbing my back. "Oh my God, Chloe are you okay? Calm down, baby. Just take a deep breath," she said. "John, JOHN, come here fast." She shouted, calling my Dad.

Dad came in a rush. When he saw me and Mom's panic expression, he knew what was wrong.

I couldn't breathe. I need air but I wasn't able to take in. My chest was paining and tears were running down my cheeks. My head was spinning. I couldn't understand anything.

"Oh God, is it her..." Dad paled. My mom nodded her head vigorously. "I'll get her medicine, you stay here." I heard dad say but I couldn't concentrate.

"Here," he opened my mouth and put the medicine inside while making me take a sip of water. He picked me up and carried to the couch. He laid me down and kissed my forehead. I was too sleepy at this point.

"John," I heard my Mom call my Dad. "Will she be okay?"

"Yeah, she will." I heard dad reply before I drifted off to sleep.

**

"Run, Chloe, run." She shouted. I was still standing there and didn't move.

"I am not leaving without you," I shouted at her. No way am I going to leave her.

"I'll come. You go for now." She rushed in a deep breath.

"You are younger than me. It's my duty to take you. I am not going." I argued. I tried to pull her with me but I couldn't move. I tried but I couldn't. I looked up as tears streamed down my face. They caught her.

'I love you' she mouthed to me.

"Nooo," I shouted but no one listen.

I abruptly got up from where I was sleeping. Sweat covering my whole body. I blinked a couple of time and looked around me. I was sleeping on couch. Everything from last night came running to my mind. I sighed. Never expected that would happen. It has almost been a month, now it is starting again.

I fell back on the couch. I was exhausted. But I know I wouldn't be able to sleep. I stared at my ceiling until it was time to get up.

**

I was walking down the hallway to my locker. I was pretty exhausted when I woke up. I took a warm shower, but that didn't help much. I was looking like a walking zombie. Mom insisted for me to skip school today, but I wanted fresh air, so I decided, it would be better if I came to school.

I opened my locker to remove my books when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and smiled. "Hey," I muttered enough for him to hear.

"Hey, you okay there?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Fine."

"You don't look fine," Aoron said.

"I am fine, really." I tried to convince him. He gave me a weary look.

"Okay. So I'll see today for the project?" He asked.

"I have work until 7. Can we do it on weekend?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. See you then." He reluctantly waved, still looking unconvinced.

I rested my head against the locker and closed my eyes in exhaustion. "Chloe." Not again. I turned around to see who called me, but when I saw, I clenched my jaw.

"Leave me alone, Mason." I tried to prey him off but he won't go. I'm not in a mood to deal with him.

"Can I talk to you?" He ignored my previous comment. I opened my mouth to reply but Ashley cut me off.

"Chloe!" She shouted from down the hall. Everyone stopped to see who shouted, but Ashley came running towards me. My guess was that Mom called her. Explains the panic look on her face. She rushed towards me, taking my face in her hands and inspects it. I sighed. "Are you okay? Your Mom called and told me about what happened last night...." She trailed, looking at Chase who was standing there, confused.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I reassured her. She shook her head.

"I'm going to worry. It didn't happen in, like a month!" She exclaimed.

"I know. It's fine. We are not talking about it," I said in final tone. I looked at Chase, who narrowed his eyes at us and frowned.

"Oh! Hello Chase, didn't see you there." She said, mumbling the last part to herself. I shook my head. Finally Leah and Laura arrived. Tension was so thick in the air that it was suffocated me.

"Hey there, people," Laura said. We muttered our 'hey'. Ashley was now looking a bit uncomfortable.

"Hey, Chase." Leah said, waving at him.

"Hey," he replied back. He looked at me and said, "We'll talk later."

"Hey, you okay? You look like a freaking zombie standing here." Laura said. Ashley gave me an uneasy look to which I ignored.

"I'm fine," I repeated again. Guess that's what I have to keep telling everyone, including myself.

"Okay. Why was Chase here?" Leah asked. "What did he want?"

I looked at them and sighed. I told them what happened yesterday minus the part when I came home. They looked at me, all different expression.

"I can't believe he would say something so rude," Leah finally said.

"I know."

"Now, what do we do?" Laura asked. "We can't just leave them with this."

"Yeah. You're right. We have to do something." Ashley said. I shook my head.

"Guys, it's fine. Leave it alone."

"We can prank them. They are the badboys of the school, right? So, it will throw them off guard. They will realize that they aren't the only troublemakers." Lean continued, ignoring my previous comment.

Laura and Ashley nodded their head in excitement while I shook my head. "I don't want to be a troublemaker," I say. They know I stay out of trouble as much as possible.

"Oh! Come on, Chloe. Don't you want revenge?" Leah asked with a pout.

"I want but..."

"No but, please, Chloe. Please, please, please." She pleaded, giving me her puppy dog eyes. I'm really not in a mood to argue.

"Fine." I sighed in defeat. Ashley, Laura and Leah squealed in excitement. I smiled and shook my head.

"Well, Ryan loves his car. We can do something with his car. And Alec," Leah thought for a moment and then her eyes lit up. "Hair," she said. "He loves his hair and wouldn't let anyone touch it." She smirked already planning, what she wants to do.

"What about Jason?" Laura asked, turning to look at Leah.

"No!"

We all turned to look at Ashley, raising an eyebrow. She blushed red, realizing what she said.

"I mean, he doesn't even talk. So-so, what's the point in p-pranking him?" She stuttered.

Leah nodded. "You got a point."

I know there is something to this- not pranking Jason thing going on with Ashley.

"Okay, so we'll continue this later. We have class to attend." Leah said, just as the bell rang. We said our goodbyes and parted ways. Ashley looked at me as if debating with herself.

I sighed. "Ashley, I'll be fine. Just go."

She nodded as we head towards our class.

**

The day went by. Now it was time for lunch. Before leaving for canteen, I went to my looker to put some books in. My phone started vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out to see Liam calling. Not a surprise there. I picked up the phone.

"Are you fine? Mom told me about it. Why didn't you tell me? Why did you go to school? You should have taken a leave and rested for a while." He began rambling which reminded me how truly exhausted I was.

I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness, "Hello to you too."

"There isn't time for sarcasm, Chloe. You can't take it so lightly." He sounded frustrated. I can imagine him running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm not being sarcastic. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

"Yeah, we clearly saw that," he mumbled.

"Liam, it's not my fault, okay. I, too didn't like it. Why are you making a big deal out of it?" I said, my voice rising a bit. Some of the people gave me a questioning look.

"Big deal? Big deal! You think I am making a big deal out of it. You got your panic attack, Chloe. It's not good. And you think I'm making a big deal out of it," he yelled, angrily.

"Yes. People get panic attacks. So what?"

"I don't know about people, Chloe. I care about you." He said, softly this time.

"I know you care, okay," I said, as I felt more drained.

"Look, just go rest. It's been over a month. Just take rest. You don't sound like you got any sleep," he said, a bit calm.

"Yeah, I couldn't. Nightmares aren't letting me," I muttered.

"What!?" He shouted through the phone, again. "You are getting your nightmares too?"

I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have said that.

"Yeah, but Liam-" I tried to tell him but he cut me off.

"What the hell, Chloe? This too much," he yelled. "Did you tell mom or dad? Wait, I don't think you have."

"Liam that's enough, alright. I. Am. Fine," I said through my gritted teeth.

"I am coming home." I heard shuffling from behind.

"What? No! You don't have to." I rushed out. He can't just come because of me.

"I am. That's final," he said firmly.

"Fine," I snapped.

"I'll call you later, bye."

I ended the call and had an urge to throw the phone across the hall. I'm angry. Hell, I'm furious. I ran my fingers through my hair and slammed the looker shut with a force. Some turned their head to look at me. I glared at them. Turning around, my eyes caught Chase, who was staring at me. I clenched my jaws and went to the canteen.

I entered the cafeteria and was ready to murder someone when I saw Jeff at my lunch table with my friends sitting around looking uncomfortable. I guess he doesn't understand when I say not mess with me. And now that I'm furious, he is dead.

I made my way angrily towards my table to see all the eyes on me. The cafeteria was silent by now.

Jeff turned around and smirked at me, "Ah! The nerd is back. I was wondering where you were."

"Didn't you understand when I said to stay away from us," I said through my clenched teeth. He only smirked and took a step towards me.

"Oh! By now, you should have known I wouldn't let anybody go, who insulted me, without revenge. And I was wondering how about, you me, go somewhere and..." He said, seductively wiggling his eyebrow.

I smiled sweetly at him and took a step forward only to give him 90 degree with my leg. Didn't understand? I mean to kick him where the sun doesn't shin. A lot of gasp was heard from around. All their mouth was opened from shock.

It took him off guard as he bend down in pain. I took one more step forward and whispered, "I told you to stay away. Should have listened to me. This is just nothing, if I see you again near any of them. I'll be your worst nightmare." I said, darkly.

I took a step back from him now with a blank expression. I saw everyone had their attention here. But I said in a low voice so that only Jeff would hear me. All their eyes were wide and mouth open. I saw Ashley, Laura, Leah and also the boys- Ryan, Alec, Jason and Chase, all shock.

I took a few steps back before I could turn back, I looked at Jeff, "Remember, this is the last warning I am giving you." I said, loud enough for everyone to hear me. I gave him once over before turning around and leaving so I could cool down a bit.

I left the school and went to the parking lot. I climbed in my car and went to a place where I could clear my head. That's the place where Emma took me. It was her secret place and now it's mine.

**

Wrong move Jeff, shouldn't have tested Chloe when she was already in a bad mood. ;) Until then.

Read vote comment. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 27K 55
"THE TRADITION!" In Richmond High, there has been a tradition that always happen every year at the month of May. Everyone in their senior year gets...
92.1K 2.9K 30
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
8.9M 355K 58
Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally revolve around books. She's not shy nor do...
1.9K 55 10
A face she sees once, sparks something in her heart. But fate has other plans. For years, his face and name remained in her mind. Just when things st...