Stumbling into A Vampire (Com...

By WritingMyPassion

I, Shannon Maylon, had THE picture perfect life. I was popular, captain of the dance team, dating the quarter... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 17

8.3K 186 8
By WritingMyPassion

After my fingers got majorly prune-like and the water was cooling off, I finally convinced myself it was time to tell Cole to stop rubbing my feet and get. With one of his devilish smirks he stood and walked out closing the door behind him.

I got out and wrapped myself in a towel and then drained the tub. I dried myself off then got into the pajamas I always kept in the bathroom; my baggy sweatpants and a tight tank top with a sports bra on underneath. I washed all the make-up off my face and then took the clip out of my hair knowing I couldn’t sleep with it in. Then I walked out as I ran my fingers through my loose curly hair.

I laid down in bed. I was just so tired I instantly fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I  woke up to my sun shining through my window. I rolled over groaning. How could I forget to shut those!

“Morning to you too.”

I jumped and my heart skipped a beat. I sat up shocked and saw Cole sitting at the end of my bed flipping through a book. I started to glare and then I realized it was actually a book. He was reading Twilight.

It was now about three days after the dance and I was still not used to Cole’s strange habits. I mean he ripped on Twilight like crazy . . . then I wake up and see him reading it. And looking like he is actually enjoying it.

I giggled, “What are you doing?” I smirked.

Damon always complained about Twilight and here was his little brother reading it for entertainment.

“This Edward character is pretty smooth for a sparkling fairy,” He sighed flipping the page.

I laughed, “Sparkling Fairy?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Well, you don’t expect me to actually call this retard a vampire do you?” He smirked at me, “I mean this Stephanie Meyer is a good writer, but who honestly dreams about a pale, fashionable guy frolicking in a meadow, sparking in the sun and wakes up thinking “Vampire”. That is completely unrealistic,” He sighed shaking his head.

I shook my head at him laughing, “Yeah, not all humans are as lucky as me to actually know vampires,” I rolled my eyes.

“You know there are actually different kinds of vampires? I mean none actually sparkle in the sun . . . like I said completely unrealistic,” He sighed flipping to the middle of the book.

“So how is he so smooth for a fairy?” I asked leaning over his shoulder to see what part he was reading. He shocked me by closing the book. I looked up at his face expecting him to be distracted looking somewhere else . . . and I meant anywhere else, but at me. So to say I was shocked when I looked up at him and our lips almost collided would be a major understatement!

You’re intoxicated by my very presence.” At first I thought he was saying it to me, then I realized he was quoting. “The way he uses that line is very . . . smooth,” He breathed his lips brushing against mine.

Just when I felt like he was about to lean for that millimeter to press his lips to mine . . . Damon had to come in and ruin it.

“What are you doing?” Damon demanded and Cole turned away from me to face his brother.

I sat back trying not to let the disappointment show on my face as I cross my arms across my chest and glared at Damon.

“Oh, stop pouting, Shannon,” Damon rolled his eyes at me and Cole chuckled smirking at me.

My jaw dropped and I looked between them, “I – I was not pouting,” I argued as Damon walked over to the bed.

“You were most definitely pouting,” Damon smiled.

“Whatever, you’re such a buzz kill,” I sighed.

“Yeah, just go back to your normal grumpy morning routine,” He teased.

“I am not grumpy in the morning . . . you’re the one who is always in a strange mood in the morning,” I glared at him.

“Yeah, whatever,” He turned to Cole, “What are you doing up here?”

“I was reading,” He said teasingly waving the book in front of Damon’s face.

Damon hit it away, “Get that out of my face,” he hit the book away.

“Hey, be careful with my book,” I snatched it up and hugged it to my chest.

They both looked at me like I was crazy. I glared at Damon.

“Come on, Damon. You know I am crazy about vampires by now,” I sighed.

He shrugged and Cole smirked.

“Anyway, is there any particular reason you came barging into rudely?” Cole turned to his brother.

“I was looking for you. I wanted to make sure you weren’t up here,” Damon glared.

“Why is that, brother?” Cole said with over-exaggerated innocence.

“Because Shannon is in an emotional state of mind and I know how good you are at playing on emotions,” Damon glared.

“Damon, I am not that cold,” Cole became serious.

“I am just watching out for Shannon,” Damon said stubbornly.

“Yeah, well, I thought that is why you call me to come here,” Cole growled.

“Why don’t you let me watch out for myself?” I said annoyed standing up from the bed and walking down stairs.

“You can’t protect yourself against vampires,” Damon was right behind me.

“Well, maybe I don’t want to. Maybe I was meant to die, by that hand of a vampire. May that’s why we met,” I turned on him.

“That was an accident . . . a mistake,” Damon shrugged.

“Unfortunately I don’t believe in either of those . . . I believe in faith. And if something is meant to happen than it will. So if my death is supposed to be cause by the vampiric world than all you’re doing is slowing it down,” I turned back around and walked into the kitchen.

“I refuse to believe that ,” Damon argued, “I refused to believe that I will be the cause of your death.”

“I didn’t say you would be the cause . . .”

“I won’t either,” Cole was suddenly leaning against the counter.

“I never said either of you would be, but a vampire will,” I countered, “You’re only still here because there is the possibility that I am a human in one of the prophecies,” I sighed it wasn’t a question, but they looked at each other and then at me somberly and I knew I was right. “You have already made it clear that is I make it out of the prophecy I will be a vampire . . . or I just won’t make it out alive . . .”

“You may not be a part of a prophecy,” Cole sighed disappointed.

“Well, how can you be sure I am not? What other precautions can you take? Who else can you call?” I pushed.

“There is one last resort we can settle to,” Cole replied and looked at Damon clearly sending him something silently.

“No . . . if we’re wrong,” Damon shook his head, “It’s too much o f a risk.”

“But if we are right they will need to be informed anyway,” Cole sighed.

“You better hope that you’re not right,” Damon growled.

“I do, Damon. Trust me,” Cole looked sad.

“What? What are you right about? Who can you call? This is so damn unfair!” I complained

“Calm down, Shannon,” Cole smiled at me chuckling.

“Don’t throw a hissy fit,” Damon ruffled my hair.

I back away from him and into Cole, “I am about to be throwing really sharp pencils at both of you if you don’t explain,” I glared.

“Sharp pencils?” Cole raised any eyebrow at me.

“It – it was the first think I thought of . . . don’t make fun of me,” I pouted.

“It’s cute,” He chuckled.

“Anyway,” Damon glared at his brother and then looked to me, “The people we can call are vampire royalty. It’s not unofficial like Twilight,” He sighed. “We actually have a royal bloodline. A king  queen and a whole royal family. They have royal guards that specialize in watching for the signs of the prophecies. But the only problem is they don’t like very much to be disturbed. So if we did go to them and we were wrong . . . it might end badly for all of us.” Damon sighed.

“Well, then that’s out,” I said instantly, “I won’t let you guys put your selves in harm’s way for me,” I shook my head.”

“But you’re in harm’s way,” Cole countered, “We are only trying to help.”

“But not if it puts you in danger . . . no,” I said stubbornly.

“Unfortunately, you have no choice,” Damon sighed.

“You’re going?’ Cole said shocked.

“Well, you are not very well liked among the guards. I think it best if I go,” He replied with a smirk.

“Damon, no,” I begged.

“Shannon, we have to be sure you are not a part of these prophecies . . . it’s more important than our safety,” Damon shook his head, “Like I said . . . you have no choice.”

“When will you leave?” Cole asked.

They were all business . . . I couldn’t stand it. I didn’t like this idea at all.

“As soon as possible. Meaning today,” Damon responded.

“Today?” It was supposed to be a strong willed protest, but came out a whisper.

“Yes, Shannon,” Damon sighed, “Cole, I trust you can keep her safe here,” Damon looked at his brother seriously.

“Of course,” Cole said just as serious.

“No fooling around, Cole . . . I mean it,” Damon pointed a finger at his brothers chest.

He raised his hands up in surrender.

Damon rolled his eyes and then turned to me, “I’ll be back, Shannon. Don’t you worry about it,” He kissed my forehead and turned away and then turned back, “Don’t fall for any of Cole’s tricks,” He warned and then he disappeared.

“He – he’s gone?” I stuttered.

“He has to go, Shannon,” Cole sighed.

“It’s not fair. I finally find vampires . . . my dream and now I might die because of them,” I pouted.

“Wait, you dreamt about meeting vampires and figured you get out of it alive and human?” He raised an eyebrow at me.

“Yeah, I’m weird . . . I know it. Let’s not talk about it,” I pouted and grabbed out my strawberries.

__________________________________________________________

Okay, Sorry Damon-fans, but he had to go in order for the next part (the kicker in the plot) to actually happen. So . . . sorry, but get over it. I will at least tell you that he does make it back! Okay, happy? Good ;D

Okay this may be a little short, but I am starting school tomorrow and I wanted to get this in before everything got hectic!

This updates song is Sunday Mornings by Maroon 5. Enjoy!

Comment&Vote&Fan

P.S Dont't forget I dedicate to the first commenter . . . so . . . yeah.

Thanks for reaidng :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474K 10K 33
I've been in my sister's shadow for my whole entire life. I wouldn't have been if I hadn't been born with the looks I have. I have flaming red hair t...
2.3K 69 26
Should I go up to them? Will they accept me? Will they remember me? "N-Nellie?" Well shit.... ============== =============== I DO NOT OWN VAMPIRE DI...
397 23 23
Hey guys its Ash4Life again, this story is gonna be another fantasy story! I haven't done a vamp one in so long...I love vamps so don't judge me. xD...