Naruhina Oneshots

By SiegrainKruez

This is just a compilation of short Naruhina stories that I write whenever I have an idea. ^^ ( It was accide... More

A Confession
Refugees In Love
Refugees In Love Part 2
The First Date
The Princess And The Servant
The Strings Of Fate
The Delinquent & The Nerd
My Cute Daughter-In-Law!
Alone With You
Valentines Day
Our First Quarrel
Will I Meet You Again?
The First Anniversary
The Customer & The Cashier
My Girlfriend's Drunk!
Your Voice : Part 1
Your Voice Part 2
Within Your Touch

Pray

2K 49 23
By SiegrainKruez

~This story in set in the world war 2 era~

"War. War never changes."

(Naruto's POV)

Sometimes, I wished I was a woman instead. It was written all over the news, that every single man had to enlist into the army. To serve the country because of the never-ending war. Of course, I was no coward but I was scared. Scared that I would lose her and no longer be by her side.

It was seven in the morning, we were a happy couple. Recently married two months ago and living comfortably by the countryside away from the city. My lovely wife, Hinata would always make a cup of coffee with a morning kiss together. If only moments like these would last forever.

"Be a man, Naruto-kun." smiled Hinata as she hung the coat around my shoulders while tightly grasping my hand.

"The army...." i sighed as I lightly caressed her cheek. She looked so fragile in my eyes, that i would want to protect her forever.

"I'll promise I'll write often, Hinata. You're going back to your parents right?" I asked as I stared deeply into her eyes. I wanted to engrave the image of her in my heart.

"Father said it would be dangerous for me to live in this house all alone. I wouldn't know when you'll be back so he insisted on it." she said.

"No, it's a good choice. Who knows what will happen? This house will stay even after a thousand years so don't worry."

"True...remember, don't always take risks. Knowing you, you're always heading first. That's why I'm really worried that you will injure yourself." pouted Hinata.

I smiled as she rarely did such cute things for me. With a wide grin, I pulled her cheeks and tightly hugged her for a long time. In my embrace, I smelled her hair one last time. A scent that comforts me.

"I got it-ttebayo. Don't worry." I smiled as I held her face and kissed her. I didn't want to let this moment pass. For a long time, our lips locked in my embrace. I didn't want to leave her.

~X~

-At the army camp-

Registering took a while as I finally got in, finished the health examination and got full points. I was immediately taken into the training camp where I would be for two months. Luckily, my good friend of mine(or rather my brother-in-law) is in the same camp as me. The genius in the neighborhood, Hyuuga Neji.

We did lots of things for two whole months, learning army tactics, running through courses, practicing firing shots. It passed by very fast and I wasn't able to write a letter to her as promised. I can already imagine her angry, annoyed face in my mind. Without knowing it, I grinned.

"What's with you? Did the harsh training already got into your head?" asked Neji.

"No. I was thinking about her again." I smiled.

"Oh yeah, you told me that you married right?" said Kiba, one of my fellow mates in the team.

"I don't think I would bother thinking about my wife. She just makes me have a headache." sighed Shikamaru, he was already married for seven years but still doesn't have a child yet.

"Obviously she would be frustrated with you-ttebayo! You're not even a father yet!" I joked with a grin.

"Then, how about you Naruto? Try it with your wife then." smirked Shikamaru.

I blushed at the sudden question. "We...were just recently married so we haven't....done that...yet...." I said as my voice began to be softer.

"Look at this inexperienced guy. Good thing I'm not married! Oh the days how I missed to just leisurely hang around & hook up on girls." said Kiba as he pointed at me.

"Ah, how noisy. Stop talking about your private lives. We're soldiers now. Focus." said a voice from behind. It was Sasuke, the leader of our team & honestly, I don't like him.

"Guys, we've arrived. Get down." said the army officer. We've reached at the borderline where we are going to practice real-life warfare. One by one, we held our rifles and stood in formation.

We marched forward to a nearby camp only to be ordered by our officer to quickly back away. We were flustered at first only to hear a loud explosion at the camp. The enemies were there.

"Shit! How did they get in?!" said Kiba as we quickly hid behind the trees with our guns equipped.

"Wasn't that camp where a lot of civilians drop by?" asked Shikamaru as he scouted the area.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"That's the place where all the mail comes from. It's the mailing headquarters." said Sasuke.

"Enemy coming from 3'o'clock!" shouted Kiba as shots were fire.

A surprise attack had begun. Even though we were trained for only two months, we put everything we had. No one expected this and placed their lives on.

~Meanwhile at another place far far away from here....- 

"Hinata, can you get me a cup of tea?" asked Hiashi as he was busy reading the newspaper while listening to the radio.

"Yes father." answered Hinata as she entered the kitchen and reached for a cup. However, strangely there was a sudden pain in her hand which caused her to drop the cup.

"Crack!"

"What's with the noise?" asked Hiashi from afar.

"Nothing, father. I just accidentally dropped it." replied Hinata as she quickly bent down to pick up the broken pieces. She wondered why did she make a mistake.

At that moment, the radio suddenly changed it's channel by itself as it moved into an emergency announcement.

Radio: Breaking, breaking. Enemy forces have been spotted at Changjo Army Camp. 4 Recruits including their officer are currently in contact with them. These four recruits are 1123, Uchiha Sasuke, 3420, Nara Shikamaru, 4560, Uzumaki Naruto, 4561, Hyuuga Neji. I repeat.....

Hinata immediately ran into the room where the radio was.

"Father! Did I hear wrongly? I heard his name....." asked Hinata in a hurry as her face turned pale.

"Why does our family have such bad luck?" sighed Hiashi as he angrily placed the newspaper down the desk.

Hinata sat down and turned the radio volume loudly, completely forgetting about her father's cup. All that was on her mind was his husband who is currently in battle.

"I'm afraid all that we can do is pray, Hinata." sighed Hiashi as he folded his arms and sat in silence.

With the hands placed together, Hinata could only pray. Pray for the safety of her husband and his team.

~Back at the camp~

"Alright! Move in! Scrap this place clean of those bastards!" shouted our officer in command as we began to enter the now, run-down camp.

Through the corridor, we pass through medical rooms for emergency patients and small offices that contained important documents. So far, there was no enemy spotted. Until, we heard a shout from behind.

"Grenade!!"

Everyone immediately scattered to different rooms to take cover. Coincidentally, I went into the mail room where there were envelopes scattered all over the floor. I could easily see the tiny writings of worried people, their feelings all wrapped in that one room. But there was no time for that as enemies began to reveal themselves one by one.

"Bang!" shots were fired.

We were overwhelmed. As the mail room was the last room at the end, enemy troops didn't go to the area. Silently, I crouched and hid behind a fallen shelf. All I could hear were the sounds of guns firing as I could only stare blankly at the blanket of white paper that covered my feet. However, as I began to slowly focus on it, there was a brown envelope with small writings that said "To my dear husband, Naruto-kun."

I thought I was just dreaming as I picked up the letter, but I wasn't. She had already planned to send a letter before I did. I could only chuckle softly, as I opened the letter.

" To my dear husband, Naruto-kun.

I know I've nagged you so many times to send me a letter. Surprise! You didn't think that I would send one right? Actually, I know that you're very busy. I heard from my father that army training is very tough and goes on the whole day 24/7. So it's okay, I forgive you for not writing any ^^ 

I'm writing this letter now, to tell you that I am safe in my father's home. And honestly, we haven't had a proper honeymoon you know? I don't know when you're back but when you do, maybe we could develop our relationship a bit furthur? I thought maybe the army would make you into a better person, a person who would become a father.

Naruto-kun, I'm pregnant. I hope that you would come home soon, before the baby is born and celebrate this good news. Hopefully with this, you will have more strength! I love you."

Tears fell onto the thin piece of paper as I read it again one more time. Ignoring the chaos outside, I was just in a whirlpool of emotions. The fact that I will be a father soon and the fact that I would probably die before seeing my unborn child....it made me wonder what am I doing here? Why am I in the army and not with her?

For once, I could feel a fire light up in my chest. I held my rifle tight and stood. "I'm not a coward. I shouldn't hide away." With these thoughts, I headed outside the corridor and began to pull the trigger. Shooting like a maniac, I just screamed and swung my rifle all around. I didn't care anymore. The fact that I was a father was already the happiest news I've received, I could die now.

It was at that moment, I felt a sharp pain penetrating through my chest. I stopped and looked down only to see a burst of blood flowing out. I knew it, this was it. My crazy shooting came to a halt as I fell flat onto the floor as my eyes stared at the white ceiling.

This was where I would die. I'm sorry, Hinata.

~END~

Hey guys, it's been a really long time since I've last updated. How was this story? I tried something different and I wondered whether I could create something new. By the way, the cliffhanger is up to your imagination to see what happens next ;) Thank you for reading as always :D I'll be back with another soon?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 189 15
A bunch of Sasunaru one shots I hope you guys like it there's fluff (A lot), angst, lemon. I'm a big fan of Sasunaru. There's modern, and the origina...
82.1K 1.9K 24
GO READ MY OTHER BOOKS THEY'RE BETTER I SWEAR First of all, English is not my mother language. I am sorry for grammar mistakes. I had a feeling that...
48.6K 1.2K 54
This is the compilation of fluff teukchul one-shot story. Coming from many writers that feed your thirst of our leaders. I want to share this fluff...
153 0 19
This will be my compilation of my one-shots/flash fictions/ stories/anecdotes posted in my FB account.