How to make your teacher fall...

By mrsduncanjames

In an instant his lips were on mine, and without even knowing how, I felt myself succumbing to him. I pulled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 8

26.8K 655 152
By mrsduncanjames

Hi guys, this is Part 8, I hope you enjoy it. Here you're going to find out a few things about Nathan as well :) 

On the side there's a photo of Chuck Hittinger, whom I've chosen as Nathan :)

Chapter 8- Ella’s POV

A couple of weeks passed and I settled down nicely at school. I became friends with a Scottish girl called Jessica, who had transferred to our country because of her studies. I spent every moment I could with her, and I was glad that I had met her. We were in the same class for Physics, and always had a laugh together. I also have to admit that lately, I had been on speaking terms with Nathan once again. I wasn’t close with him, but it was nice to have someone whom you know during Art lessons.

Yep, because I had totally avoided speaking to Mr James after he had told me that he only wanted to see me during the lesson. I was so angry at him. It wasn’t really his fault since, you know, teachers and students usually see each other only during lessons, and that’s what he implied that he wanted. But at the same time, it was different, because he had been the one to tell me to spend THREE extra lessons with him, two of which weren’t actually lessons, since we had been on our own without any other students around. And he had been the one to start conversations with me and act like he’d known me since like forever or something. Oh, and he’d offered to drive me home, and had almost kissed me. Typical teacher behaviour? I don’t think so.

Whatever. I knew he had felt something, I don’t know, a kind of attraction to me, but maybe he’s gone off it now and returned to his Beth. The sad thing is, I really like him, and I hate myself for that.

Now, we were during an art lesson on Friday, the last lesson of the week, which unfortunately for me, was with Mr James. He had teamed us up in groups of two, which he had decided on. He, of course, didn’t put me with Nathan, but put me with a girl called Clarissa. Our job for today was to draw quick sketches of each other, and then he was supposed to come around and check on our work.

When he came over to Clarissa and I, he started checking on her work before mine, but of course to do that, he had to look at me, since it was I that she had been sketching. Our eyes locked before he looked down at the sketch, biting his lip. He started fixing some of Clarissa’s work, while I looked away. I saw Nathan looking at me, and he raised an eyebrow at Mr James, and then winked at me. I grinned and looked back at Mr James, who was staring at me intently, noticing the communication between Nathan and I.

“Ella, please look forward and pay attention, I’m trying to work here,” he said, glaring at me. I rolled my eyes at him, and he continued. “And stop being rude.”

“You treat us like frickin’ seven year olds,” I muttered.

Mr James handed the sketchbook back to Clarissa and moved over to me. “I heard that,” he said. He took a seat on the stool next to me and took my sketchbook, brushing my hand with his. I felt my skin tingle by the contact, and he seemed to have felt something too, because he stopped to look at me. I broke eye contact after a couple of seconds, looking down and taking in the intoxicating smell of cologne he had. He added a few lines on my sketch, and handed me my book back.

“You draw really well,” he said, smiling at me.

“Really?” I asked, raising my hopes up. He was smiling at me, which was great, right? I mean, I had practically ignored him these last two weeks.

“Yes. Hey, if you want to give me any extra work, I’ll happily correct it, and you know I’m always here to help.” He looked into my eyes. I nodded.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” he said, giving me another small smile before walking away to another group. I heaved a sigh of relief. Maybe things could get better.

Nathan’s POV

I watched the jerk as he told her off for looking at me. What the hell? That guy seriously hated me. I stopped from what I was doing as I saw Ella roll her eyes and him standing up to check on her work. My eyes threw out daggers metaphorically as I watched them. He was speaking to her and smiling at her. Ugh, I hate him.

I really regretted asking Ella to flirt with him, now that I’m seeing how good they actually look together. They’d make the perfect couple, I knew that. He was so lucky. I practically hated him, and I’d asked Ella to make him fall for her so he’d be kicked out of school, though I wasn’t sure what I really was going to achieve by that.

Of course I knew. I wanted to make him pay for what he had done, for tearing my family apart. But I didn’t really want to think about that right now.

Abruptly, I heard my name being called by the jerk. I looked up, and he was looking at me with narrowed eyes. “Nathan, back to work. Stop staring and pay attention.”

I rolled my eyes and didn’t say anything, deciding that it would be better if I didn’t stand up to him right now. He has been giving me maltreatment ever since all of that happened last year. I didn’t blame him, really, because I’d made his life hell back in those days. But he deserved it. All of it. And if he gets fired from his job because of what I had told Ella to do, he would deserve it as well.

I sighed and continued sketching. Ella… she was so beautiful. I had taken a liking to her immediately, but when I saw her speaking to Mr James on the second day of school, I realised that I really like her, and I don’t really want her to be with him, but with me. Maybe I could try to talk her out of flirting with him, and ask someone else to do that instead. I couldn’t lose her.

The lesson passed pretty quickly, with me being lost in my thoughts while attempting to draw portraits. Mr James clapped his hands. “Right, class.” He walked so that he was almost standing next to me. I frowned. “So, you can leave. Have a nice weekend. For homework, please create a portrait in pencil of anyone you want, maybe a family member, friends, anyone. But don’t copy off a picture please, make sure that the person is in front of you. All right? I’ll see you on Wednesday.”

I moved past him, hitting his stomach roughly in the process. He glared at me, probably hurt from the impact. I smirked as the other students started leaving the room. “I’m gonna ask my mum to pose for the portrait, Edward,” I said, addressing him by the first name. I mean, we knew the guy, so I could do that, right?

He bit his lip, drawing blood out of it due to the pressure that he was putting on it. “I’m Mr James to you, Nate.  And if you really want to draw your mum, I’d be more than happy to correct it, and you know that well. Make sure to make her look as beautiful as she really is.” He smirked. He always spoke in a low voice, so that the other students wouldn’t hear him. Of course not. He had a lot to hide beneath his smiling face. And I knew all about it.

I glared at him. “Jerk,” I muttered, walking away from him and towards Ella, who was still in the room, packing her stuff away. She smiled at me. “Ready?”I asked, putting my arm through hers. She nodded. Instantly I heard a voice from behind me speaking. I took a deep breath, recognising Edward’s voice. I turned around.

“Ella, could you please stay behind? I need to speak to you.” He paused when he saw her puzzled expression. “Don’t worry about the bus, I’ll drive you home, since I’m practically your neighbour.” He smiled.

What? He’s her neighbour?

I saw Ella smile from the corner of my eye. “Okay, then,” she said. She turned to me as I let go of her arm. “I’ll see you on Monday, then.” I smiled at her and leaned to kiss her cheek, and I admit I did almost touch her lips with mine. She smiled back, although I felt her flinch.

“See you,” I said, giving Edward a look. He didn’t look pleased. “Have a nice weekend.” I glared at him and walked out of the art room, leaving the two of them on their own.  But if they thought I was just going to walk away, they were wrong. I stood next to the door, in such a way that neither of them could see me, but I could see them, and hear their conversation well.

“How are you?” he asked her. I rolled my eyes. He’s trying to act sweet. Typical.

“I'm fine. What do you want?” Ella sounded angry. That made me feel happy.

“Are you and Nathan together?” Ooh, jealous I see.

Ella seemed to have read my mind. “Why are you asking? Are you jealous?” she said.

“No I’m not jealous. Are you together?” Hah. He was clearly very jealous.

“No, we’re not together,” Ella replied. My heart sank.

“Then why is he kissing you?”

“I don’t know! You almost kissed me, and we’re not together, are we?” My heart sank once again. Almost kissed? Her and him?

Edward closed his eyes. “I’m sorry,” he said softly.

“What did you want to say to me that you couldn’t in front of the class?” Ella asked, sounding pissed.

He looked worried as he ran his hands through his filthy hair. “You and I have never really talked during class, have we?” he said. “Look Ella, I’m a bit concerned here, because ever since I said we should only meet during class, you’ve totally ignored me. And I don’t want that.”

“Why don’t you want that?” she asked.

Edward sighed, and slowly reached his hand to touch her face. I could barely keep still. “I care about you,” he said softly. He put his hand down and sighed once again. “Let’s talk in the car, okay? I need to clear up some stuff first though.” He looked around the room. I immediately hid behind the door.

“Fine.” She paused. “I’ll go put some books in my locker then. Where shall I meet you?” Ella asked.

“Um, next to the door outside of this block is fine,” he replied, smiling down at her. “See you soon.”

She nodded and started walking out of the room. I turned around, so she wouldn’t see my face and realise that I’d been eavesdropping on them. Luckily, she didn’t even look in my way as she walked down the stairs. I turned back, leaning against the wall.

Mr James… or Edward, whatever you want to call him, really liked Ella, I could see that. But after all that he put me through, I wasn’t going to let him take her away from me. Time to face the music... or should I say the artist.

I walked towards the art room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 8.8K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...
76.2K 2K 69
This is the NEW version of Owning Her, the old one is still up on my page!! "So Professor Jones, does this mean that we are an actual thing now?" "Pr...
618K 10.5K 38
(COMPLETED AND EXTREMELY CRINGY AT TIMES. MANY PLOT HOLES TOO LOL. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.) When 17-year-old Danielle Brooks is caught for underground fi...
84.9K 2.3K 24
"I am a sick sick man, Lily. I can't stop." He whispers. "Infect me. I want to be sick too. If being sick makes me have you. Then poison me." ~~~~...