Forcefully Yours

By witty_bun

"You. Have. To. Marry. Me.. whether willingly or forcefully." He spoke through gritted teeth Kanika closed h... More

Breaking News
Nuthead coming
Why Nervous??
Asking Out
Hyper Mom
Throwing Coffee
I will marry her
Heard that.. U are doomed
That one liner
Story spinner
A daring kiss
Dropping a bomb
Making Choices
Giving In
Unwanted Date
Realization
Beautiful Torture
A Horrible Morning
Questions
Turning Tables
Some Memories
Just Married
A Demand
Shout and kiss
And He heard..
The Embarrassment Day
Twisted Tale
Plan In Action
His late apology
Flipping mood
Kiss me, Right now!

A Shock

19.1K 623 20
By witty_bun

Three months later

"Okay so you got the difference between the primary suffix and a secondary suffix right. Remember it guys that suffix play a very important role in naming a compound. "

" Yes ma'am ", They all nodded and just then bell rang calling it the end of my chemistry period for the day.

I collected my things and moved out. A forty five minute class really exhausts you.

Yes, I am a teacher now. There was no choice.. I wanted to do a lot in my life but being an under graduate doesn't really give you an option. Science was my life and pursuing a career in it was my dream but now it was all shattered. My life was crushed in the hands of my own destiny.

Sighing I sat down in staff room. Hardly anyone was around, must be in their classes. I opened my table's drawer and took out the frame.

MY FAMILY... slowly my fingers grazed on it. Three months has changed so much in my life. In the name of property, we only have our home and mom's jewellery.. everything else is gone.

Dad's health wasn't well so there was no question of him working but then somebody had to or else how would things work out. I had not finished my graduation and now nor was I intending to.

My sister Ritika was just in first year and I did not want her to be deprived of living her dreams even if it meant sacrificing mine.

Sighing heavily I started ticking the points in Chemistry book that was to be taught tomorrow. I was a class eleven teacher and kids these days.... God, they were utter crazy. Their idiotic questions at times really irked me but it is my job after all.

A soft knock disturbed my attention and Suhani was standing there holding her books, smiling at me.

"What happened Suhani? ", I smiled back. Don't know why but I always liked this girl. She has become one of my favorite students in this school. Hard working, obedient and very polite.

" Am sorry to disturb you Miss Kanika . Actually I just wanted to talk to you." She said little nervously

"Not a problem.. please go on " I assured her

" Miss as you already know that even though I am trying my level best, my chemistry marks are not as good as other subjects. I find it difficult to score in this. So I was thinking.... I mean even my dad said that could you please teach me privately... like a personal tuition ", she chewed her lips at the end and looked down immediately.

I chuckled at her behaviour, this girl was really so cute, " I would love to help you in any way that I can but I don't do private tutions dear because my family especially my mom she will never allow any student coming up for hours at my house." I winked at her explaining my mom's antic behaviour.

" Please Miss, I really need your help. I only stay with my dad so you can come to my place Miss. I understand whatever you teach, so only you can help me. Please don't say no. " She almost pleaded.

I felt a little bad and even I had noticed her low marks in chemistry. Being a teacher, it is my duty to help her but from nine to two in morning and then again tutions, that would be too hectic for me.

" Am Sorry Suhani, I cannot...... "

" Please don't say no miss.... please understand " she chanted all desperately.

I looked at her pleading face and I could not control myself

" Okay.. just give me your address . And your number, we will discuss the timings over the phone "

" Thank you... thank you so much miss kanika. He will be so happy " She said excitedly.

" He??? Who? " it was quite surprisi.

" Umm.. he.... I mean my dad. He wants me do well you know. ", there was a bit hesitation in her voice like she was lieing about something.

After giving me her another dazzling smile, she left like she had just won a trophy. I couldn't help but smile at her excitement and packed my stuffs to leave for home.

" Mummy I am home ! "

Throwing my purse on table, I flopped down on sofa. Travelling in local transport really tires me out.

" Kanu... Kanu see this. Oh my god Am so happy. I just can't believe it. God finally listened to us Kanu. Just see this. " My mom came out of her bedroom all chirpy and in full on happy mode. With her even my sister and dad were smiling brightly.

From past three months, it was like we had lost all reason to live but today seeing them back like those days when everything was fine started to increase my heartbeat.

" Kya hua Mummy ", I hesitantly took the paper from her hand and started reading.

It was like earth just moved beneath my feet and my world just spinned around. It was our company's Power of attorney's paper Signed back to my father.

Abhinav had given it back to my father, he had returned us our company. So many emotions, so many things suddenly started to run in my head. I did not know how to react, my voice died in my throat while tears after tears escaped from my eyes.

Everything will be back to normal. Our life will be back to normal. Dad will become become stress free and recover soon. Ritika and I will get to achieve our dreams. No more problems of any kind.

I ran to my room teary eyes and slammed the door shut behind me. Fumbling through my cupboard, I took the red rectangular box.

" Thank you so much Ganapati bappa." I hugged my small golden statue of loved Ganesh.

He is the one whom I prayed to everyday. He was the only one whom I could pour out my heart to. My mom had gifted it to me when I was in my sixth standard and since then he has been my best buddy.

Putting it back in the box, I placed it nicely inside my cupboard behind m clothes.

No sharing my Bappa with anyone. Only mine.

I twirled around in happiness and fell back on the bed. This feeling was awesome.... the feeling of everything getting solved. The landline on my side table rang interrupting my happy thoughts

" So how did you find my gift ", that velvety voice that had been haunting me since three months boomed through the speakers.

Suddenly my heart missed a beat, even in three months I have not been able to forget his voice, his eyes, his smirk and his touches. Ever since that day when I barged into his dad's office to turn down his marriage proposal, I get haunted by his angry face. I had insulted him right in front of his dad. I told Uncle Kapoor everything right from his marriage deal to that fake proposal. He was also standing there glaring at me but I had made up my mind. I was not going to let somebody like him destroy my life.

Uncle Kapoor was beyond enraged at his son but I did not stay back to listen to the father-son banter. I said what I had to say and stormed out of his office cutting all ties with him which included throwing the engagement ring in the dustbin right in front of him.

Shuddering I tried to bring out my voice, "Wh.. hh.. y have you called"

" Somebody still remembers my voice I see ", the same arrogant voice replied

" Listen I don't want to talk to you "
I said finally getting my voice

" But I do baby. And I get what I want. Your simple NO to our marriage is not going to finish what we have between us Kanika. " His voice became gentle for the first time.

" What do you mean? ", I sat up straight hearing his sincere voice for the first time," And what do you mean by 'gift'? "

" I mean what you have understood already sweetheart. Am sure you still recall how beautiful moments we have shared with each other. " a hint of naughtiness there caught my attention and I felt goosebumps all over my body.

More than anything, this is what has been disturbing me Those kisses that we had. From past three months, I have dreamt almost every night about. I still feel his touches lingering on my skin. Unknowingly my other hand arranged my dupatta around me.

" Listen I don't want to talk about all that and nor do I have anything to say you. We don't have anything between us. " I replied breathlessly as of trying to make myself believe it.

" Ofcourse you don't have... But I have and you will know it soon. See you soon baby. And this time you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ESCAPE ME. "

The line disconnected making me shiver at his words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.1K 4.2K 79
••|2nd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone. "That was in a bad taste, Ishmal. You even hurt yourself in the process." She sniffed her...
33.2K 1.7K 25
"You can't force me" she screamed with teary eyes. "I can, I am your husband I can do whatever I want" he held her both wrist tightly and pushed her...
69.6K 3.2K 31
" You can't do this to me please " , exclaimed she fearfully . " I can sweetheart , I can " , he said coldly pointing a GUN towards her " But you sa...
311K 28.9K 78
I'll die instead of doing marriage but here I'm standing at door of his hell becoming the wife of the King of Mafia. He fisted my hair tightly and p...