Beautiful Torture

I rang the bell for the ninth time. There was no answer from other side and this was getting damn irritating. Despite everything getting back to normal, I had decided to help Suhani with her chemistry.

Mom was adamant on making me leave my job as a teacher since dad had already been to office and found out that everything was back to normal. There were some tiny changes that were to be rectified but his staffs were more than happy to help him out. Our company became our own once again. In one day itself, dad changed everything back to order.

Our staffs were so emotional to see my dad back. Abhinav had really troubled them but thanks to my dad's reputation in market, financial department was still doing well. Since, it had been only three months.. nothing much had changed and that was a breath of relief for us.

But I as a teacher was not feeling like to quit my job so suddenly that too when the exams were near. I was teaching a upcoming board class and leaving them just half way through when even the syllabus was not completed, made me feel really guilty.

So here I was... still a teacher ringing the bell of my student's house.

Don't tell me she is sleeping... when here I am standing outside looking like a fool ringing the bell again and again.

"Sorry Miss... actually my brother..he was making me do something for him... I was on second floor... so... am sorry.", a very exasperated Suhani opened the door hastily.

I jumped back a little by her haste. This girl was sweet but a little crazy, I must say. Rambling was her hobby I believe.

" It's okay. " I got inside giving her a small smile to which she smiled back nervously.... actually a little scared... But why??

I finally got inside. It was a beautiful  house.. a mixture of peach and white everywhere including the curtains.  She asked me to sit on the sofa and I gladly did.

"Isn't  your dad here Suhani. He wanted to talk to me right? " I kept my purse on the table and relaxed myself on the seat.

"  He had an important meeting miss. He will be coming shortly. Why don't you come with me to my room. We can study there.. uh.. I mean its my study room. We would be comfortable there. " she asked expectantly. A little nervous again. What's wrong with her

Standing outside waiting for this girl to open the door in a sunny day had already tired out me a little. For some moment, I just wanted to sit but now that she asked me to climb up the stairs to her study room. I got a little irritated.

"Why can't we just study here? " I have a table here as well. Just get your books. You have already made me wait enough."  I replied a little sternly.

Yes.. damn me. When I am tired, I don't care how rude I sound. Poor Suhani

Her eyes widened a little on my tone but like I cared, "Just go and get your books Suhani. "  I said once again and started to look for my pen and syllabus book in my purse.

" Miss Kanika actually  I have spondylitis because of which I cannot bend and write. Upstairs in my study room, my study table is high enough but here you see the table is a.. umm... a little low you know. "

For a second, I really felt bad at my rudeness. Like really, how could she just sit on sofa and then bend to write on the table. Anyone would get a backpain that way.

"  I see, it's okay then lets go up. ", reluctantly I grabbed my purse to go up with her.

She beamed at me and led the way. A wooden sets of stairs from the middle of the hall led us to upstairs. There were almost five rooms there on that floor. Her house was beautiful but for some reason, there wasn't any homely feeling there.