The Embarrassment Day

Beads of sweat spread over my forehead anticipating the ruin of everything I have thought of. He can't find out, he just can't. Pressing my lips in thin line, I tried to maintain a stiff composure. He moved closer tucking his hand near his chest giving me the same questioning look.

"Who were you talking to Kanika? ", He scrunched his brows asking me again.

" Listening to someone's conversation is called eavesdropping. Heard of it? "

I ask back flipping my hair trying to make it look like his question went unheard.

" Not when the said 'someone' is my one day old wife. ", He smirks coming closer," but right now the question is who were you talking to and what was it about? "

" I don't think it's necessary to tell you. Now let's go down before Kapoor uncle goes to office. I have to serve him breakfast. "

He grabbed my arm pulling me to himself.. this close proximity with him always drove out the best of me, leaving me all helpless. He was using the same trick again.

" What is it?? Any problem? ", He whispered caressing my cheeks with his thumb.

" It's nothing like that, you are over thinking really. ", I snuggled closer to him giving him reassuring smile," It's actually related to daddy's company. Since Abhinav betrayed us, I have been handling most of paperwork. "

He looked at me without saying anything while my heart hammered at the chances of him doubting my words but I wasn't going to let that happen.

Standing on my tiptoes, I kissed his forehead," Don't you trust me... not even now? "

He closed his eyes giving me his million dollar smile and pulled me closer," Ofcourse I do"

Hand in hand smiling at each other we moved out to the dining area. Kapoor uncle was already seated there. Bua ji and My favorite sis - in - law had already left so it was just the three of us.

I served them breakfast and settled down opposite to Uday while Kapoor uncle sat on the center chair . Just as I was about to put the first morsel in my mouth, I felt someone's foot caressing mine. Knowing the said annoying someone, I looked at Uday only to find him smirking.

My cheeks went all red due to this compromising situation. His toe slowly started to slide my saree up while still caressing my skin in the process. I signalled him to stop doing that but he being himself continued it shamelessly.. enjoying his food.

Sharam toh bech ke hi kha gya hai ye..Hey bhagwan, akal rehne do.. isse thodi sharam hi dedo

Ducking my head down in utter embarrassment, I however gulped down my food fast and got up to leave kicking his foot in the process.

His smile got even bigger and he winked making me roll my eyes.

After Kapoor Uncle left to his office, I went to our room to settle my things. Uday had taken some days off due to marriage

Correction - Actually to annoy the hell out of his wife that is me. Waah re meri kismat!

Angrily I started to fold my clothes. How dare he do such shameless things right under his father's nose. What if uncle saw.. that would be so freaking embarrassing.

"Hey Wifey. ", the man of disgraced honor smirked leaning on the door.

Badla time.

I picked up a vase and threw right in the direction of his feet but he jumped up and I damn just missed my shot.

" Are you bloody mad? ", He yelled totally horrified at my action.

" Are YOU bloody mad? What were you thinking while seducing me at breakfast table.. you shameless brat. ", I yelled back knowing that nobody was in the house except us and some maid who were probably on the ground floor, busy with their work.

" I was just..... wait, what did you say? ", He asked raising an eyebrow.

Damn that sexily raised eyebrow.

His lips curved into a knowing smirk confusing me.

" Did you just say seducing? Does that mean you got seduced? ", He questioned coming closer.

I flushed at how he caught my words rubbing it back on my face. I chose to ignore his further comments and resumed unpacking my stuffs.

He laughed at my antic and came to stand beside me eyeing my clothes. I moved to the wardrobe for settling my clothes in.

"What is there in this? ", He asked holding a packet.., I craned my neck back to see him holding the brown packet which had my sanitary pads

Shit...

I ran to him grabbing it back from his hand and pretty sure that my face was all red now.

" Uhh nothing.. this is nothing, some usual stuffs that's all. ", I pulled my hand behind me not wanting him to see those.

" Then why are you hiding it . Show me what is that. It looks like soft bundle of something is there inside with a slippery cover on top. What is that? "

Without bothering to reply him, I ran to the wardrobe trying to keep it inside but then it got snatched away from my hand.

" I am asking you something Kanika, show me what is it? ", He tried to open the brown paper packet

My eyes got bigger as he tore the packet top and immediately I snatched it away before he could have a look inside.

I ran away leaving him behind holding the packet close to myself. Why the hell is this guy so persistent on everything.

He ran behind me to catch but I ran faster.

"It's none of your business. Please stop it. ", I huffed running faster

" No, I want to see what is that. Show it to me now. "

Running fast through the stairs, dining area, drawing room.. unknowingly we came out in the lawn acting like Tom and Jerry. Just as I was about to move a bit more faster, a hand grabbed my waist pulling me back making us both fall back on the grass. That brown packet flew out of my hand due to the force with which Uday had pulled me back and all its content scattered on the ground.

I closed my eyes in sheer embarrassment and then heard him saying.

"oh Shit "

*************