Always

Door peetandkatniss

"Will you stay with me?" He asks as if he's unsure. I look him in the eyes and kiss his hand. "Always." I wh... Meer

The beginning of the end (Revised)
The reaping (revised)
Tribute parade (Revised)
Training (Revised)
The Threat (Revised)
I don't love you (revised)
Deal (revised)
Lullaby (revised)
Healing (revised)
Cave talk (revised)
Arena Days (revised)
Show down (revised)
Catching Fire!!!
Kisses and hugs (revised)
Victory tour part 1 (revised)
Victory tour part 2 (revised)
District 12 (revised)
Burnt Bread (revised)
Pool of Blood (revised)
You're Worth Dying For (Revised)
Dancing In the Winter (Revised)
Wings (revised)
Irresistible (revised)
Drown your sorrows (revised)
Confronted (Revised)
Two Braids (Revised)
All over again (Revised)
Fire burning soul (Revised)
Protective (Revised)
New Friends (Revised)
Secrets Revealed
Flour Dusted Hair
Pearls
Protect Her
Silent
Without Him
Worst Nightmare
Nice Throw
Bloody mutts
Spinning
Too Soon
You're my everything
You Said Always
Welcome to 13
Last Wish
Whispers
Deal or No Deal
Checkmate
Stuck like glue
Forgive Me
Peeta
Running for help
Something Black
Breaking
Broken
Finding You
I Love You
Update (must read)
Come Back To Me
Drowning
Lost In A World Without You
Dance With Me
Baby?
Amnesty
The Plan
Never Leaving
Don't Close Your Eyes
Epilogue
Learning to live again

Gone

2.1K 57 9
Door peetandkatniss

Dedicated to milkchocolatecat

A.N. Please read authors note at the end! It's about my new story.

The crowd cries out in anguish at what Peeta has just revealed. My face fills the tv screen and I burry my head in the feathers of my dress. Cesar whispers something in Peeta's ear while patting him on the back. As my husband nods his head and makes his way up the stairs to greet me, I see the wetness on his cheeks. Tears. Maybe they're real and maybe they're not, but I know that if he could stop the games he would.

He pulls me in for a tight hug and releases me with a shaky face. Placing his hand on my stomach for the whole world to see he begins to whisper, "are you okay?"

He looks nervous and a little scared, maybe of what my response will be. But I nod my head and kiss him briefly.

Peeta's hand still rests on my stomach when I take Chaff's arm that ends in a stub and grasp it. Chaff follows by taking Seder's hand, and all the tributes take one another by the hand.
We raise them up, for the world to see.

We aren't going down without a fight.

Just as soon as our hands are in the air, the lights go out and the room is left in a darkness filled with screams.

Chaff drops my hand and Peeta wraps his arm around my waist protectively and pulls me through the crowd. Racing through the crowd, we step onto the elevator just as the doors slam shut.

"Are you mad?" he asks.

I sigh. "I understand why you did it. I really do, and the rational part of me agrees with it."

"But?"

"But on the other hand, I can't help but feel terrified. There's this overwhelming urge to protect the baby, but there's nowhere for me to go." My eyes close and I breathe in the scent of cinnamon that always seems to cling to him.

"They just had to know," Peeta tells me.

"And you accused the Capitol without ever saying a word against them," I say. "You just held them accountable. They're to blame for the horror. You did all of that without saying one rebellious thing."

"Hopefully it will  make the Capitol citizens stop and think," Peeta says. "To realize what they've become. It's one thing for the districts to oppose the Capitol. It's another to have the citizens of the Capitol oppose it."

Before either of us can say more, the elevator doors open and we find ourselves in an empty suite.

A soft babble of noise prompts me to go to the window, and I look down to see tons of blinking lights and scurrying people going every-which-way. It's chaos. "Looks like you have them rattled," I tell Peeta absently, my hand subconsciously moving to my stomach.

"That's an understatement."

Peeta and I spin around to see the elevator doors just closing behind Haymitch. "It's madness out there," he says, a weariness in his tone. "Everyone's been sent home and they've canceled the recap of the interviews on television."

"What are they saying?" Peeta asks. "Are they asking Snow to stop the Games?"

For a brief moment, I entertain the idea of a grand announcement by President Snow, calling off the Games. It would really be something, wouldn't it? Then I'd just have to find a way to evade the assassination team that would surely be sent after me and Peeta. No doubt Snow would send one, especially after foiling his prized Games.

"I don't think they know themselves what to ask," Haymitch says, bringing me back into the conversation. "Even the idea of opposing the Capitol's agenda is a source of confusion for the people here." Haymitch sighs. "But there's no way Snow would cancel the Games. You know that, right?"

Peeta nods, though I see a flash of wistfulness in his eyes. Of course Peeta would have entertained the thought of Snow calling off the Games as well. "He can't back down now," Peeta sighs, glancing out the window to the chaos below. "His only option is to strike back, and strike back hard."

Haymitch nods in agreement and I ask, "The others went home?"

"They were ordered to. I don't know how much luck they're having getting through the mob."

"So we'll never see Effie again," I say, suddenly very sad at the thought. Not just because I won't get to say goodbye, but at the realization that this could very well be goodbye. There's no guarantee that we'll be able to break out of the arena, and there's no guarantee that I'll even survive long enough to give it a chance.

"She gave me these, right before the peacekeepers pushed everyone out." He says holding up two boxes. He hands one to Peeta and keeps the other for himself.

Peeta slowly unwraps the box to reveal a golden locket inside. With a bird engraved on the front, and I instantly know what kind of bird.

A jabberjay.

Haymitch opens his box to find a gold flame bracelet. He grunts something under his breath along the lines of "typical Effie." And I can't help but smile at this.

"We're a team. I have my pin, Peeta has his locket, Haymitch you have your bracelet, and Effie has her hair." I tell them. "You'll thank her for us, won't you?" I ask. "Tell her that she was the best escort ever."

Haymitch nods and we all stand there in silence, realizing that this could quite possibly be the last time we ever see each other as well.

"I guess this is where we say our goodbyes as well," Haymitch finally breaks the silence embracing the inevitable.

Peeta gives him a weak smile. "Any last words of advice?"

"Stay alive."

It's almost like an old joke between us, now. Stay alive. The only real advice he can ever give us. Except this time, he's not talking to us as a mentor. He truly wants us to return because in his own, weird way, Haymitch loves us. In some crazy, twisted, and yet truly heartfelt way, we have become his children . . . just as he has become our father.

Haymitch and Peeta share a 'man hug' as Rye once explained to me, a very brief embrace that occasionally involves a pat on the back. Then it's my turn. I'm not letting Haymitch off that easily. I hug him tightly, and I don't let go when he tries to pull away after a second. I don't speak.

"Katniss when you're in the arena, just remember who the real enemy is." He whispers.

I step back and Peeta takes my hand. My voice still isn't cooperating with me, so Peeta speaks for the both of us. "Take care, Haymitch."

And that's it. Haymitch abruptly turns and walks away, leaving Peeta and I standing in the middle of the room. We stare at our mentor's retreating back until he's out of sight and then Peeta tugs on my hand and leads us to our room.

As he pulls the covers back for me and I climb in next to him, he breaks the silence.

"Tomorrow, when we are in the arena can you promise me something." He asks as he pulls my body against his chest and rests both hands on my stomach.

"No," I tell him honestly.

"Katniss, this is important. I need you to promise me the you won't fight. Don't fight Katniss, you have to run." He tells me with a serious tone in his voice.

I nod my head, giving in. If only to reassure him that I'll protect our baby.

"I love you." I tell him, not being able to remember the last time I said it.

He chuckles and kisses my lips briefly. "I love you too." He replies easily.

Hours later I stir awake to the feeling of Peeta rubbing my tummy. But there is a faint whisper running through the room as well. And that's when I realize.

Peeta is talking to the baby.

I know I shouldn't be ease dropping, but this might be my only chance to hear what he has to say to the baby.

"And I'll do anything for you and your mommy. The two of you mean the world to me. I won't let anything happen to you, daddy will protect you." He whispers to my tummy.

I feel a tear slide down my check but I squeeze my eyes shut, keeping the others at bay. His large, soft hands brush the tear away and he pulls me close until the sun rises once more.

"It's time." Cinna tells us sadly.

Peeta turns me in his arms and pulls me in for one more hug. His large arms wrapping me in him. I lay my head on his chest and listen to his strong heartbeat, but he pulls away all too soon.

"I'll see you later," he whispers in my ear.

As he raises my chin and kisses my forehead, I close my eyes on instinct. Savoring the feeling of his love.

When my eyes open, he's gone.

A.N. *hides in corner* I know I promised that they would be in the arena but I just had to end it right there. The ending was just too perfect. Alright so I PROMISE that the next chapter will be the arena. Comment what you liked and didn't like about this chapter. Don't forget to vote either!

Alright everyone I have a NEW story called Unwanted Vows. It's a hunger games fanfic and if everyone would go read it and vote/ comment on it, it would mean the world to me. I hope y'all like it! Please please go check it out!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4.5K 92 29
"She unfolds and smooths out the slip of paper. In a clear voice, she reads out the name. "Primrose Everdeen." When Primrose Everdeen is thrown into...
2.2K 87 79
(cover by me - inkstudio666 on instagram) Katniss and Peeta have spent years hidden in the dark of Panem. Running from the Capitol, they managed to r...
3.1K 78 23
Sequel to All The Lies. A Fanfiction AU based off The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins Katniss and Peeta have fought hard to get this far, nev...
36.1K 692 22
"My name is Peeta Mellark." "I am seventeen years old." "I am in love with Katniss Everdeen" "She betrayed me." "I was in the Hunger Games." "I've be...