8. At His Command (BWWM) [Boo...

By kudz12

First book - At Her Command Second book - Talia Third book - ⬇️⬇️⬇️ (This one) My favorite couple Linc and Me... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - The Commissioner
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Raquel
A/N
Chapter 12 - Family and Friends
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Snippet
Chapter 15
Q/A Session
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N - fellow readers
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Sorry - Not an update
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Epilogue
Dangerous Affair (bwwm)

Chapter 3

5.8K 300 21
By kudz12

Mel's POV

It was raining cats and dogs as I left the building whilst Walter ran after me with an umbrella. By the time he reached me I was drenched thankful that the rain water covered my tears. I knew he had said those things just for me to sign the papers. I stopped walking as I contemplated on my next move. By now he was probably sending the papers to Rafael as proof, for us to get our children back. From the way things were going it would be best if I and my children moved out of Linc's house until things were resolved.

Stepping away from the umbrella I embraced the soft petals of rain on my skin and people passed by looking at me as though I was crazy. Only one person would hold me in their arms after a spat but this time I did not lean into his touch. I stepped away from him turning to see his shirt now clinging to his gorgeous body showing his hard rock abs. Several guards stood at a distance looking alert as their suits were now drenched.
"Mel," Linc whispered in a pained voice as I stepped further away from him.
"Just leave me alone Linc," I said turning around heading to my own office. At least I still had some form of financial support.

I dared not turn back to see what my now ex-husband looked like, knowing I would definitely run back to him after just one glance.
Entering Global Tech. my assistant rushed forward with a towel as every other employee looked at me surprised.
After changing out of the wet clothes into a warm sweater and jeans that I kept at the office I stared at my laptop too worried to even focus on work at the moment. Staring out the window I watched as the sun slowly set and the city lights come to life. I thought of informing the police but then realized they would be useless. Linc may have been right in separating us. Everyone had left the building as I slowly made my way to lay on the sofa. Sleep did not come easily as I lay awake staring at the ceiling worried about my babies. The following morning I woke with a start when there was a knock on my door before it swung open. I was surprised to find my assistant by the door with all my children beside her whose eyes were swollen from crying.

Their little feet ran towards me as I crouched low to embrace all of them my vision blurry with tears. Calling Ethan I told them I had the children safe and sound as I consoled them.
A few minutes later the whole family was there including Linc though I chose not to speak with him. Calling in a Doctor he checked over them reassuring me that they were all fine.

The room became silent once the doctor left.
"Mel you should go home and get some rest," Linc said.
Looking at him I wanted to tell him the same thing but only shook my head okay. The only thing he didn't know was that I was going to my new home. We were no longer husband and wife and it seemed he still had to process what that truly meant.

"Come on guys," Ethan said as he scooped the twins up but Zach remained by me. I could tell he was scared. As Ethan made a move to leave the room the twins started crying for me as I remained behind packing up my laptop. Ethan put them down as they ran towards me clinging onto my legs. Lia offered to pack up my things as I took ahold of their little hands as we slowly made our way out of my office.
After securing them in their car seats I let Walter take us to my new apartment. Everything was already set up from yesterday.

-----

Linc's POV

Arriving back home I expected to find my family there until I realized they were gone. Walter arrived shortly after informing me of Mel's new apartment. Sinking into a chair I buried my face in my hands thinking over what I had done. Had I even made the right choice. Yes, my kids were now safe and sound but now I was alone. Of course I could see them whenever I pleased but that was different.
Living in this big house alone was simply not worth it as I thought of waking up to silence each morning, not hearing the joyous laughter of my family. Yes my family understood why I had to do this, but did not approve of the manner I had handled things after saying those words to Mel. I felt like washing my mouth with hydrochloric acid just for spitting out those words to her. Yes burning my mouth would do the trick, that way I would never utter such hurtful words to my love.

Nothing could undo what I had done I thought as I stared at the address Walter had given me. I already had a few men watching over them as well as hunting down Amelia. Anger bubbled within me as I thought of the person behind all this chaos, Rafael Rodriguez.

-------

One week later

"Mom, when are we going back home?" Zach asked as he walked into my office dropping his school bag on the ground with a huff.
Looking at him with a raised eyebrow he gave her an apologetic smile picking up his bag placing it on the chair before going to greet her proparly.
"Good afternoon mom," he said kissing her cheek.
"Good afternoon sweety, how was your day?"
"It was great. When are we going back home?"
"Soon Zach, soon," she said sadly before the twins laughter diverted their attention from the subject at hand as they ran in with Ethan chasing after them.

"Hi Ethan," she said.
"Hey sis," Ethan said with a warm smile.
Seeing he had something more to say she turned to her children.
"Zach please watch your brother and sister mommy needs to have a word with uncle Ethan," she said giving him a smile as he took the twins away. He loved his brother and sister any one could see that never believing he was not fully related to them and they in turn adored him as they started playing by the play corner I had set up for them.

"Mel, what my brother said the other day. You have to know he didn't mean it," Ethan said softly. "You have to know he only did it to protect the children and you as well. After finding out the woman who he thought was his biological mother was an imposter he just needed to protect you guys. He loves you Mel and to be honest I have been receiving complaints from his Ken everyday of this week because he is unapproachable."
"I don't know what to say to you Ethan. There was some truth to what he said it is all my fault, if only I could turn back the hand of time and not be married to Chris. But of course that would mean I wouldn't have Zach and I wouldn't want that part of my life to change," she said turning to look at her children with a smile.
"Just tell him. If he wants to see the children they will be staying with their aunt for the time being until all this drama is sorted out. They already miss him as it is."
"What about you Mel don't you miss him?"
Mel shrugged looking lost.

"Okay enough of the boring topic guess what Eli did today?" He said referring to their one year old son.
"What did the little prince do this time."
"Well you know how his dad is a total babe magnet," he said making Mel roll her eyes. "I tell you Mel ever since I put on this ring more women have been flirting with me it's hilarious. So anyway this one lady walked over to us whilst his mom was trying on some clothes as soon as she got within our proximity he started to cry like crazy. I didn't know what to do as he fussed. Once the lady left he quietened down I tell you. It was like magic until I heard Lia laughing. She kissed him saying thank you for saving daddy from the bad lady," he said looking like he wanted to cry as Mel laughed. "Those two are planning something against me I tell you he said with pure love in his eyes.
"Well I believe that's a good thing. You used my son as a magnet now your own son is deflecting all those woman," Mel laughed.
"I guess you are right, but I love that little guy."
"I know Ethan. Cherish those moments because soon they will be in college before you know it," she said softly as he nodded in agreement.
"Well I must be going. I will pass on your message," he said giving her a hug and saying goodbye to his nephews and niece.

"Alright guys come on let's go to aunt Meg's," she said as they all cheered.
After dropping them off she went back home feeling relieved that the children would at least be safe with Meg and Dominic.

-----

The days slowly passed by as she worked like a dog. They both subconsciously submerged themselves in their work trying to forget the hurt they felt.

At four months her pregnancy was showing as she walked towards the noon meeting.
"Good afternoon gentlemen," she said as the men stood only sitting once she had taken her seat.
"Owen please begin the presentation on project R2. I hope you fixed any glitches from...," she said stopping as a sharp pain shot through her abdomen.
"Ma'am are you alright," Owen asked seeing her clutching her stomach as a drop of blood fell onto the floor when she pulled back her chair trying to stand.
"Ma'am," another man called out reaching for her before she hit the ground.

An ambulance arrived shortly after taking her away to hospital.

Hello my lovely people!!!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Show you support with a comment, vote, promotion...

Shout out to my continuous supporters. I can see your constant support for my other books. Thank you so much guys. Love the comments very much.

Much love and appreciation
Kudzi 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 298 4
To alleviate their boredom with the easy life, the wealthy Wilde brothers propose specific challenges to each other every year on their birthday. The...
259K 9.7K 29
Read Book I and II first. Then come back and read this one
115K 6K 16
To understand this story please read At her Command. That way you will not be confused with the characters. -------------------- "Wha..what do you..y...
35.6K 1K 68
Oneshots (that are not in order) inspired by my Fanfiction work but with original characters. A lawyer who's married to a 'Don' and their new foster...