the traveller // louis tomlin...

perksofbeingaweirdo tarafından

Everybody has a story, but Mia's is definitely special. After being seperated from Shiloh, her one true love... Daha Fazla

the traveller
chapter one // meddling.
chapter two // a sigh of relief.
chapter three // stranger danger.
chapter four // the bunks.
chapter five // loneliness.
chapter six // 21 questions.
chapter seven // chipping away.
chapter eight // the role of the best mate.
chapter nine // little talks.
chapter ten // temperature rising.
chapter eleven // non-contact sport.
chapter twelve // houston, we have a problem.
chapter thirteen // with me, for infinity.
chapter fourteen // bright lights & big city boys.
chapter fifteen // surprise, surprise.
chapter sixteen // broken heartstrings.
chapter seventeen // storytelling.
chapter eighteen // high hopes.
chapter nineteen // relationships.
chapter twenty // hard feelings.
chapter twenty-one // paint splattered teardrops.
chapter twenty-two // trembling hands touch skin.
chapter twenty-three // the tip of my tongue.
chapter twenty-four // trust.
chapter twenty-six // crumbling apart.
chapter twenty-seven // confessional.
chapter twenty-eight // through the grapevine.
chapter twenty-nine // authority.
chapter thirty // savor.
chapter thirty-one // what's best.
chapter thirty-two // all better now?
chapter thirty-three // more than expected.
chapter thirty-four // growing up.
chapter thirty-five // before you leave me today.
chapter thirty-six // sets me down in your warm arms.
{epilogue}
TEASER - 'Slow It Down'

chapter twenty-five // hearts against your chest.

20.1K 742 429
perksofbeingaweirdo tarafından

Louis' POV

We all sit around the venue backstage, everyone on edge. Summer's new appearance as caused this whole new atmosphere to keep everyone on their toes. Anything we do, we make sure Summer's not around the corner, just in case.

And don't even get me started on Mia and Summer. It's like watching two lionesses defend their den. Harry and Niall find it absolutely hilarious, but the rest of us are waiting for a disaster to happen.

Usually Mia and I sit around and talk before it's time for us to go on stage, but she's off with Lou somewhere. The only thing she's said to me today was to ask me if I thought she could take Summer if necessary.

I'm just praying to god that it doesn't go that far. Because honestly, I have no idea who would be the winner of that match. I'd say it's pretty even; and even fights are the worse types.

Harry's telling something funny to Zayn; something that Summer obviously doesn't find very funny because two minutes later, she's raising her voice at Zayn again.

We all were hoping they got their screaming out last night. The fact that Summer's vocal chords are still working is a wonder to me. That girl has a set of lungs on her. I've never heard such an intense fight in my entire life. Liam asked us all a million times whether he should interfere because he was scared someone was going to end up in jail.

I never understood Summer and Zayn's relationship. It's like they're soul mates but arch enemies at the same time. It's exhausting to even watch them.

"Time to get ready boys!" Tyler claps his hand as Lou and Mia return into the room, ready to help if we have any wardrobe malfunctions.

I catch Mia's eyes as Summer approaches Lou and her. She grits her teeth and I have to suppress an amused smile.

Who am I kidding, I think Mia could easily take Summer...

When we get in the dressing room, Zayn slams the door so hard that it nearly falls off it's hinges. We all turn and give him a shocked expression as he strips out of his clothes with a bitterness I've never seen before.

"She's driving me fucking mental," He hisses at us, looking far more stressed than I've ever seen him before.

"You guys are just in a rough patch. You'll get through it, you always do," I tell him, shrugging out of my comfy clothes.

"I don't know, mate," Zayn shakes his head.

The rest of us all give each other looks of worry. Is Zayn really considering breaking up with Summer? The mere thought alone is enough to make me want to lock myself in my room for the rest of the year. That will be World War Three for sure.

"You know what you need? A night out!" Harry suggests, being the first to break the tense silence.

Zayn doesn't respond but the others all nod in agreement. It's been awhile since we've been out anyways - well if you don't include my little breakdown when I met Heidi...

"Definitely! You and Summer both just need to get trashed and you'll forget all about these problems," Niall agrees; he's always up for a fun night out. That kid can party harder than anyone I've ever seen.

Still Zayn stays silent, obviously still lost in his thoughts, which is understandable. But he didn't shoot down the idea...

"Alright, it's a plan then!" Harry claps his hands together excitedly, a new pep in his step.

I suppose this will raise all of our spirits that have been brought down by Summer's appearance. And hopefully it'll actually work like Harry and Niall are proposing because a breakup is the last thing we need to deal with at the moment.

Mia's POV

I nearly let out a scream of happiness when the boys come running backstage as their concert finishes up. If I have to sit here with Summer for another moment, I think I'll literally take my own life. This girl is the biggest drama queen I have ever heard.

Luckily Lou doesn't seem to mind her, so I just kept to myself and tried to fall asleep so I didn't have to hear her voice.

"Hey, we're all going out tonight so you pretty ladies should get ready," Harry rushes over to us, giving both Summer and I a cheeky grin.

I can't help but to let out a loud groan. Going out to the clubs is literally the last thing I want to do right now. I was looking forward to climbing in that cozy little bunk of mine and sleeping like a log tonight.

"I think I'm gonna pass this time, but I'll help you get dressed," Lou gives me an apologetic smile as she holds her hands out to get me off of my butt.

I thank my lucky stars that Summer doesn't follow behind us.

* * * *

After I'm dressed in a pair of leather shorts and a cute lace crop top, I'm ready to go. I don't bother doing anything with my hair; it's no use. Lou says I'm 'channeling my inner African goddess' with the way my hair is set free.

Everyone is already waiting for us as we step off of the tour bus. I look at the boys with envy as they wear simple everyday clothes and still look like they just walked off of a runway. I mean, Louis is wearing a simple tank top and jeans with a snapback and I'm nearly drooling.

Living with these boys is just taking a punch to my self-esteem. I don't know how their girlfriends can do it. Well, I suppose if you look like a model like Summer does, it's not so hard.

"You look - " Louis smiles at me as he takes his usual spot at my side,

"Hot!" Niall laughs, who obviously already had a drink or two.

I can't help but to burst into laughter as I give him a playful shove. But my laughter is cut short when my eyes meet Summer's from across the group. She's giving me an extremely dirty look as I continue to joke around with Niall.

She makes me feel like some sort of slut for even talking to the boys...

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Harry shouts and leads the way down the street to the club that's only a few buildings over from the venue they just played.

Bodyguards surround us in every direction, knowing very well that fans are still going to be outside and will attack at any moment. I make sure to walk extra close to Louis, just as a precaution. I know he pretends not to notice, but the ends of his lips twitch upwards, causing me to smack him in his stomach.

He just laughs out loud then...

Saying we get mobbed by fans is an understatement. They go completely wild. They bombard us, forcing us to practically sprint towards the club. The bodyguards have to ward off at least ten at a time.

"OH MY GOD! SUMMER!"

"SUMMER AND ZAYN! AW!"

"HOLY SHIT LOUIS AND HIS GIRLFRIEND TOO!"

"HARRY HAVE SEX WITH ME!"

When the fans aren't trying to claw off our faces out of complete adoration, they're actually quite funny. Louis has shown me quite a bit of their stuff off of twitter, and these pubescent girls are actually quite perverted.

Louis tries to put some distance between us, to put some of the rumors to rest, but as another girl lunges in my direction, I grab onto him, not allowing him to move even an inch away from me.

We finally arrive at the club and are let in right away, thankfully. The boys all give one last wave before disappearing into the dark and incredibly loud club.

The music blares so loud I can feel my brain shaking. I try to move around to the beat, but I can't stop cringing. I hold onto Louis as we weave our way through the crowds to the VIP section towards the back of the club.

Immediately the boys order a large amount of alcohol, even though they all - minus Louis - can't legally drink here in the states. Again, these boys can get away with anything. I bet they could kill the president and still walk away free.

I try to adjust to the loud music, but it only makes my head throb in pain. I dig through my purse to find some aspirin, but have no luck...

Niall and Liam head off after gulping down their glasses of beer to the dance floor, obviously enjoying themselves already. Zayn sits back with Summer practically on his lap, not looking like he's having a good time at all.

I glance over to Harry and Louis, who are laughing about something that's probably incredibly stupid that they find humorous.

My headache reaches a new peak and I get to my feet, angry at myself for coming in the first place. I knew I should have just stayed behind with Lou.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna get out of here. I'm just not feeling it tonight. I'll see you back on the bus," I lean over and shout in Louis' ear to be heard over the loud speakers.

Louis' bright smile is replaced with a sad frown as he turns towards me and grabs my hand, keeping me in place. He reaches with his free hand to grab his beer and take a large gulp from it before getting to his feet.

"I'll come with you," He explains before leaning down to inform Harry on what's going on.

"No, you stay here and have fun. I'm fine," I shake my head but he completely ignores me; that or he just can't hear me over the incredibly obnoxious techno music.

We wave to the incredibly lively Zayn and Summer, earning a blank stare in return from both of them, before we weasel our way to the back exit, where one of the security guards is standing. Louis talks to him while I watch as several people on the dance floor start to recognize the guys.

I catch Niall's eyes and he gives me an overly dramatic frown, to which I respond with a laugh and a wave.

Louis tugs my hand and leads the way out the back of the club, away from all the fans and loud music. The minute we're outside, my head stops throbbing and returns to normal. I guess I really wasn't in the mood to club tonight...

"You just wanna go back to the bus?" Louis asks me with the security guard walking a few feet behind us.

"I don't really care. I just needed to get out of there," I explain to him, taking notice of our hands which are still tangled in one another's.

Then out of nowhere Louis' face brightens up. He stops us dead in our tracks because of whatever genius idea has popped into his head.

"I have the perfect idea!" He exclaims, taking off running, practically dragging me behind him.

I can't help but to let out a loud laugh as Louis takes these back alley ways all through the town. After the first few blocks I realize that he has no idea where he's going, but I don't say a word. He looks too adorably determined for me to ruin it for him.

But soon I'm getting out of breath and starting to lag behind him. Also, I haven't seen our bodyguard for awhile now...

"Is this your plan? Get rid of the bodyguard, make me run until I'm completely exhausted and then it'll be much easier to kill me?" I complain as he continues to pull me along.

He just flashes me his brilliant smile over his shoulder as he slows his pace down. We turn the corner and are faced with an incredibly adorable looking playground. It's very vintage, as if it hasn't been used in years.

"I saw this place as we came in this morning," He explains his wild goose chase.

I just shake my head in disbelief, constantly being surprised by this blue-eyed British boy. He always has something up his sleeve.

Finally being able to catch my breath, Louis and I walk over to the spinny roundabout; something I haven't seen at a park in years. He helps me up on it and starts to walk around in a circle, pushing me like a perfect gentleman.

My hair blows all over the place, but I could care less.

"You're not being hard on yourself about this whole Summer thing, are you?" Louis asks me as he starts to pick up speed, forcing me to hold on to avoid being thrown from the equipment.

He jumps on it very nimbly, landing right beside me, holding onto the bar for dear life. He looks exceptionally cute with the wind blowing his hair in every direction.

"I know I didn't do anything wrong," I nod, keeping my eyes on the floor instead of the moving area around us to avoid getting motion sick, "But if I weren't here in the first place then - " I start, looking Louis in the eye this time.

I don't go very far in my explanation before he cuts me off,

"Stop it. If you weren't here, I'm sure Zayn would find some other way to piss of Summer. It happens quite often," He assures me, looking at me as if I were completely absurd for blaming myself in the slightest.

"How are they still together?" I ask, even though I know very well the answer.

Shiloh and I were the exact same way. We'd get in extreme fights - such as the one we all heard happening outside our tour bus last night - and within an hour, we were back to loving each other. There's been several instances when people have asked me how the hell we still can love each other after the nasty things we say during our fights.

It just keeps on. Whenever I'd fight with Shiloh - I wanted to kill him, yes - yet breaking up was never an option. We both had things on our chest we needed to get off and once they were out, things were fine.

"Beats me. I honestly think they're doing it to stay miserable," Louis shakes his head with disapproval, "Don't get me wrong, I love Summer. She's really fun to be around, but her and Zayn are just too similar."

"Do you really believe in all that 'opposites attract' stuff?" I ask as our roundabout slows down, barely spinning anymore.

Louis purses his lips, going deep in thought. You can nearly see the clogs turning in his mind.

"Yeah, I think I do," He finally agrees with himself, "You can't have too much of anything without it going bad, even something delicious like... ice cream," He starts to explain himself.

"Even though you're lactose intolerant," I smirk, earning myself a soft kick to the shin..

"But seriously, if you think about it, it makes sense. You can't have two really funny people in a relationship otherwise they'll always be trying to out-joke one another. Same with really cold-hearted people, they'd just end up hating everything, include each other. It just doesn't work like that. You need someone to balance you out," He talks with a much more serious tone than I'm used to with him.

He wears such a serious expression, I have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.

"Do you believe in all the romantic clichés?" I ask him, wearing an amused smirk on my face.

"I mean, clichés have to come from somewhere," He shrugs, not even caring that I'm obviously making fun of him, "Plus, romantic clichés are always much more interesting. I mean, you can't tell me the idea of love at first sight isn't the most fascinating thing ever," He says, jumping down to start spinning us once again.

"It's irrational, that's what it is," I roll my eyes, having the complete opposite views on clichés than him. They make me sick.

"Irrational is just another way to say refreshing," He runs around, causing the roundabout to spin even faster this time.

I'm not one to criticize others for being irrational. I'm venturing across the country for a boy with no plan whatsoever. I'm basically the definition of irrational.

I still can't believe I allowed myself to be so incredibly stupid. I just got up and left, blindly following a guy that obviously had no intentions of staying with me. I'm going to show up at his house and look like the world's biggest idiot.

Oh god.

"What's wrong?" Louis jumps back on the roundabout, crinkling his forehead in concern.

We both have to hold on to the bar between us tightly to avoid flying off of the park equipment. Louis adjusts his tight grip so his hand is on top of mine, keeping my grip as tight as possible.

Frustration towards myself starts to well up in my chest, more than it ever has before. I let out a laugh of disbelief when tears start to well up in my eyelids, threatening to spill over. I shake my head and try to blink them away.

Still Louis watches me in complete silence, ready to listen to anything I need to get off my chest.

"I'm just the biggest idiot in the world," I let out a bitter laugh, keeping my eyes glued to the ground, unable to look anyone in the eye, "Here I am thinking that I'm actually special enough that Shiloh will want me, even though I was the one who drove him away in the first place."

Louis' gives my hand a tight squeeze, making me want to cry even more. I wish he would stop trying to make me feel better all the time. I'm not worth all this trouble. It only makes me feel guiltier, yet I can't bring myself to push him away.

And I used to pride myself on my ability to push people away.

"Hey," Louis takes one hand off of mine and brings it up to my face. He wipes away one stray tear that managed to make it's way onto my face with his thumb.

I want to just take off and runaway - my instinct feeling - but for some odd reason I stay put. I can't force myself to walk away from Louis, even if I'm beyond embarrassed. He doesn't even make me feel wrong for crying.

"I know I joke around a lot, but I'm not kidding at all when I say you are probably one of the most special girls I know," He tells me, again speaking with this new serious tone of voice; this very mature tone that makes me believe every word he's saying, "You're beautiful, funny, charming, mysterious, caring and all these other amazing things in one. Any guy who gets to have you is the luckiest man on Earth, and you need to know that," He tells me, looking me deep in the eyes.

My heart is literally beating so hard in my chest I wouldn't be surprised if it just burst out of me. I could laugh it off and say it's just Louis being Louis, but by the look in his eyes, I know he means every single word he says.

Nobody ever has said anything like that to me; nobody.

I have no idea how to react to such... generous words. I can feel my entire face growing hot and the tears continue to well up in my eyes, only this time their not out of anger and sadness.

"That's nice and all, but - " I shake my head, sniffling a bit.

But I can't even finish my sentence because suddenly Louis' lips are pressed against mine. If I thought I was stunned before, it's nothing compared to this.

My mind turns to absolute mush as I melt in his embrace. His hands leave mine and he grips onto the back of my neck, keeping me secured in place. Somehow my brain works enough to tell my own hands to tangle themselves in his soft hair.

His lips feel like silk against mine, unlike anything I've ever felt before. My heart continues to pound excessively in my chest. My adrenaline is the only thing keeping me upright at the moment because I can feel my entire body relaxing to the point of me falling over.

Every part of my body screams in victory, as if it had been waiting for this moment for weeks without me even knowing.

But deep inside me, there's a part that has known about this from the beginning. It's the same part of my brain that screamed at me to accept his offer in the beginning. It's the same part of me that shattered a bit when I laid eyes on Heidi.

My heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: JDK;AFJDKS;AJFKDS;AFJDAS;FDJKSA;FJDSAJFD;SAFJIWAUEIFWA

YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM JFKAS;DFJS;AFJSA I LOVE LIA LIKE A LOT A LOT A LOT

so, i'm sure you all will have tons to say about this chapter, & i'm looking forward to reading your comments; SO LET THEM LOOSE! don't leave a single opinion/thought kept in! let me have it!

kdf;jdsak;lfjdksa;jfs

love always,

perksofbeingaweirdo

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

144K 2.8K 48
"When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not, it's just the beginning." We were ruined after I left her alone. She wa...
50K 950 32
Jessica is just a 19 year old with a past and uncomfortable memories. She has lost contact with her family and the only contact that she has, is when...
10.8K 153 20
"Nicole, baby, happy birthday!" It was Ash. He strode right up to me, and planted a huge kiss on my lips. He let me go. I looked at Niall, and he qu...
231K 5.9K 54
Liz and One Direction are back.......again!!! *Please read Trapped and Trapped 2: The Truth Unmasked before you read Trapped 3: Together Forever* Whe...