We Are A Secret (Camren) [Edi...

By _eriiicaaaa_

Trailer available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/aADcSVTyabQ 18 year old Lauren Jauregui has been heartbroken... More

1. We're Moving
2. Her
3. The Newbies
4. I'm Falling
5. Let's Chill?
6. 'Friendship'
7. They Ship It
8. You Have Me
9. Date?
10. Yes!
11. Last Long
12. We're Trouble
13. There's A 'But'
14. 'Home'
15. Meeting Them
16. Cold
17. We're So Fancy
18. Accent
19. Overreacting
20. What The Hell??
21. Complicated
22. Egged
23. Fucked up
24. The Happening
25. Good or Bad Advice?
26. Analyzing
27. Hottest
28. Same Love
29. Expect the Unexpected
30. Oblivion
31. Vampire?
33. Monitor
34. Mini Cabello
35. je t'aime
36. For My Best Friend
37. Making Amends
38. I'll Miss You
39. You're an ass
40. The Little Moments
41. Surprise!
42. See You Soon
43. Envious
44. Not Enough
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2
Married To Dr. Jauregui
Forbidden

32. Anonymous

4.6K 88 46
By _eriiicaaaa_

Lauren's Pov

"I am so ready to just walk to the dance barefoot." I said almost falling for the fourth time.

"It's not even that bad Laur." Mani replied.

I scoffed, "Easy for you to say, you've had heels on your feet since your womb days."

"Mila come over here and help your bestie." Dinah instructed.

Camila speedily walked over to me and wrapped her hand around my arm to keep me from falling. It was finally the day of the dance and I was not saying finally because I was excited for it, but because the girls wouldn't stop talking about it. I was always stuck in between their countless conversations they had.

As promised, I wore a tight black dress with red high heels. My hair was curled and reached my mid-back. My eyebrows were done, mascara was applied to my eyelashes which Camila thought brought out my eye color. I had also put on some eyeliner and red lipstick. Once the girls saw me exit my room, comments came and went. Normani of course commented about how good my butt looked. Dinah kept touching and playing with my hair which meant she loved it.

Ally complemented my dress and heels on how good they looked, which also surprised all of them since I usually don't wear things like that and how I had style. Then came Camila who secretly whispered in my ear about how hot I looked. I of course couldn't hide the blush that crept up on my face causing her to let out a quiet giggle. Camz was wearing a red dress that reached her mid-thigh with black heels. She had also worn eyeliner and mascara. Her hair was straight and reached her waist.

We all entered the gymnasium and all I could say is that it got a huge makeover. The school really went big on this dance. There was blue lights everywhere you looked. A white platform right in the middle covered the gym floors which I guessed was the dance floor. Round white tables with four black chairs were placed all around the dance floor. Decorations were everywhere, on the ceiling, on tables, balloons floated in every direction, and stars/snowflakes dangled from the walls. The dj was in the far right corner connecting wires and preparing. Then the students that were already here were either sitting down or just hanging out until the whole thing started.

"Wow." Dinah said in astonishment.

"Yeah, wow. I wonder how much the school spent this time." Ally asked.

"Doesn't matter shorty, as long as we have fun."

"Didn't you guys say the whole squad was coming?" I asked.

"Yeah, I got a text from Troy saying that they are running late."

"That's funny, I thought girls were the ones to take forever."

We laughed because it was true and right in the midst of it the music started and everyone made their way to the dance floor.

"So should we wait for the guys or..?"

"I don't know, I think we should." Ally said.

"Heck no, it's their fault they are running late. I'm tryna get down on the dance floor." Dinah disagreed.

"I'm with Dinah." Mani spoke up.

"I agree with Ally." Camz said.

"Well screw it, come on Mani lets go twerk, this is my song."

We saw Dinah grab Normani's hand and they hurriedly make their way towards the rest of the students who were already dancing. Ally, Camila, and I decide to go to a table and sit down while we waited for the guys. We made conversation for about ten minutes until we saw the guys coming in hot as ever. We had never seen them in dress pants and shirt with a tie or bow tie.

"Hey girls, you guys look nice." Justin complimented.

"Thanks, so do you guys, like dang." Camila jokes.

"Where's Lauren?" Zayn asked.

"Right here you idiot." I say punching him on the arm.

"Oh shit Laur, I didn't recognize you."

"I know, I look hot." I smirked.

He laughed, "Very true, but guess what."

"What."

He smirked, "I'm hotter."

I laughed this time, "Whatever Malik, if that helps you sleep at night."

"So where is Dinah?" Siope asked.

"Well she couldn't wait for you guys and left with Normani to the dance floor. They're somewhere in there." Ally responded.

"Oh, well when you see her again, can you tell her that I need to talk to her?"

"Yeah sure."

With that he excused himself and disappeared in the crowd. We thought that was pretty weird but let it go, soon we were all dancing along the already sweaty bodies, but we didn't mind because we were having fun. Camila had difficulty at first, but I helped her a bit. I came behind her and grabbed onto her hips then told her to move along with me. Soon she was able to do it on her own, but her body never left mine. She stayed grinding on me from time to time or we would just watch each other move to the music.

The time soon came to get drinks because the thirst was real, literally. Punch, sodas, and water were placed at a booth. Then snacks of all sorts were placed on the booth next to it. They went back to dance while Zayn and I stayed back to rest a bit since the heels were killing me. We sat in comfortable silence just watching people until he broke it

"You know, I never got how you and Camila matched all the time. Either at school, at parties, or even at a dance like this one."

"Yeah well we have a special connection I guess."

"I'll agree with you on that one, you guys are both wearing black and red. It almost seems like you guys are dating again." He chuckled.

I nervously let out a laugh, "Yeah right."

He turned to look at me sensing something weird, "Are you guys dating again?"

I looked at him and said nothing.

"You know you could trust me Laur, all I want for you is to be happy and if Camila brings you that, I won't judge you for going back to the person that messed you up big time."

I sighed, "Yeah we're dating again, but thanks man. For always watching out for me and caring so much."

He smiled, "Well I kind of am your best friend, it's my job."

"Kind of?" I asked smiling.

"Kind of." He repeated laughing.

I laughed with him until a slow song came on and I looked towards the dance floor and all I see was couples slowly swaying to the music. My eyes started searching through the crowd for Camila until I found her awkwardly standing next to Ally and Troy. I laughed at her and she saw me, then stuck her tongue out at me.

"Go dance with your girl Laur."

I turned to him, "Thanks again and not just for right now, but for the time you warned me about Andrea about not trusting her and I didn't listen, but you still were with me."

"Anytime Laur anytime. Now go, don't want to keep her waiting."

"Okay and Malik?"

"Yeah?"

"Keep Camila and I's thing a secret okay?"

"Got you."

With that I made my way towards my beautiful girlfriend and grabbed her by her waist while she wrapped her arms around my neck and we slowly started swaying to the music. I was not worried about anyone finding out about us because it was mostly dark in here. We stared into each other's eyes for what felt like forever and gave each other small smiles here and there. The song that was playing was 'Kiss Me' by Ed Sheeran and in that moment we decided on making it our song.

_

I was walking through the crowd looking for the rest of the girls until I got a text from Camila telling me to go to the restroom. Confused, I made my way there and once outside the door, I heard crying and I recognized it as Dinah's. I immediately pushed the door open ready to hurt the person that was the reason behind it.

"Dinah baby don't cry, don't waste your tears on him." Mani said trying to comfort her.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Siope broke up with her." Ally spoke up causing Dinah to cry harder.

"So that's what he wanted to talk her about?" I asked angrily.

"I guess so."

"I can't believe he'd do this, I thought he was happy." I said in disbelief.

"I thought so too." Dinah hiccuped.

"Come on Ally, let's get her some water." Mani said getting up.

"If you find some alcohol out there, bring that instead." Dinah let out.

I shook my head, "Don't listen to her."

"Wasn't going to."

They left the bathroom, leaving us by ourselves. Dinah was now controlled so we asked her what happened. Apparently when she found Siope, he started talking about random things, but she told him to just cut to the chase. He confessed on cheating on her in more than one occasion and that he just wanted to be with whoever that girl was. Dinah ran to the bathroom crying, but not before yelling at him and giving him a slap to his right cheek.

"He's such an asshole, I'd be happy to beat the shit out of him." I said.

"Lauren, no." Camila said.

"As much as I'd like that, Chancho is right. Plus you didn't let me do anything when you told us Andrea had cheated on you so now you know how I felt."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

"Anyway, this could be your chance to tell Mani how you feel." Camz told her.

"I don't think that'd be a great idea, I don't want her feeling like a rebound or thinking that I'm using her as a distraction. For all I know she doesn't feel the same way." She shrugged.

"Have hope Dj, that's how I felt over Camz. Look at us now." I said pulling her closer to me.

"Yeah, you guys are love sick puppies. Makes me want to puke every time I see you." She joked.

"Yeah, but you love us."

"Unfortunately."

We laughed until the bathroom door opened and in came Mani and Ally with bottles of water.

"Okay I'm not dehydrated here." Dinah spoke up.

"Shut up and drink up." Mani ordered.

The taller girl rolled her eyes and does as she was told. Camz and I whispered 'whipped' at the same time which unfortunately Dinah and Normani heard. Dinah glared at us while Mani just stood there confused. Once she was done we just decided to call it a night, no one was in dance mode after all this so we decided to crash at my house in my room. Camila and I stayed on the bed even though we insisted on Dinah being the one on the bed, but she politely declined. She slept closely to Normani and Ally was a bit farther away. Camila was out cold by the time my brain let me rest, but before I closed my eyes, I swear I heard Dinah whisper to Normani, "You'll know soon." I smiled and kissed Camila's head before falling asleep myself.

_

"So I was thinking that we could go shopping after breakfast." Mani suggested.

"That'd be a good idea, plus Dinah needs to cheer up and she loves shopping." Ally agreed.

"As much as I hate shopping, I'll go because it's for Dinah. She's in the bathroom so when she comes back we'll tell her." I said.

"Whatever Laur, you know you love shopping with us." Camila smiled.

"Or no." I said.

"Hey Dinah, wanna go shopping later?" Ally asked the taller girl.

"I guess." She shrugged.

All our smiles disappeared because of her tone. We're so used to seeing the happy and energetic Dinah, not the sad and distraught one. We won't give up though, she's done so much for us when we were at our worst and now is the time to return the favor.

"Alright well I'll wait for you guys at the car." I said walking out the door.

The girls came out minutes later and hurriedly entered the car then we were on our way towards the mall, but not without a fight over who got the aux cord. In the end I just decided to turn on the radio to stop them from bickering back and forth. Trying to find a parking spot on a Sunday morning at the mall was pretty hard, but luckily I spotted one not to far from the entrance. Knowing my friends and girlfriend, they didn't like having to walk some distance to the front doors.

"So where should we go first?"

"Ooo, food court!" Camz said pointing to the south end of the mall.

I looked at her, "You do know we just ate right?"

"Yeah so." She smiled.

"I wanna take Dinah to Victoria Secret." Mani spoke up.

"You need new underwear or what?" I asked teasingly.

She sent a glare my way, "No dummy, we both need new lotions and perfumes."

"Then why can't you just go to Bath & Body Works?"

"Because VS is better, come on Dinah." Mani replied leaving Camila, Ally, and I alone in the middle of the mall.

"So Ally, where do you want to go?" I asked the short girl.

"Well I want to go check out some clothes. I'll go by myself and you could take Mila to the food court." She replied making Camila quietly clap.

"Are you sure? I don't want you being by yourself." I asked hesitant.

"Yeah, I'll be fine Laur."

"Okay then, see you later."

Together, Camz and I walked towards the food court secretly touching each other's hands while walking. She couldn't make up her mind on what she wanted. Either subway, Panda Express, or Taco Bell. I'll admit they're all such good places and I couldn't even decide so I was no help to her. Along the way we passed the place I had gotten our promise rings from and I wanted to stop by to see if the guy who helped me was there. I pulled Camila towards the store and asked for the guys name, Marcus.

"Lauren?" He asked coming from the back.

"Yeah, it's me." I smiled.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again! How are you?"

"Good good, just wanted to show Camz where I got our rings."

He looked over to her and immediately smiled, "I finally get to meet you, Lauren was right, you really are beautiful."

Her cheeks automatically turned a dark shade of red, "So Lauren talked to you about me? I hope good things by the way." She said bumping my elbow with hers.

Marcus nodded, "Of course, I mean my boyfriend doesn't even talk about me like that. I'm so jealous" He dramatically said causing us to laugh.

"Well nice seeing you again Marcus. I'll probably come back again when I need to get an engagement ring." I joked.

He laughed, "I hope so! I better be invited to the wedding too."

"Of course."

With that, I grabbed Camila's hand and walked out the glass door. We were walking in comfortable silence that was until the brunette next to me spoke.

"You want to marry me Laur?"

I stopped walking, "Of course, is that a problem?" I asked worried.

She rapidly shook her head, "No, I'm just glad that you think about having me in your future."

"I'm glad too, I wouldn't want to be with anyone else but you."

"I love you babe." She said hugging me.

"And I love you" I said hugging her back just as tight.

We broke apart and kept walking. My phone then vibrated in my back pocket and I checked who it was.

Blocked ID:

Aww wasn't that cute? Hope you're having fun while the sun still appears. I hear there's storm clouds on the way 😈Meet me @ 919 E Harvy Ave tomorrow. If you're a no show, Camila gets hurt

I furrowed my eyebrows at the text. I looked around to see anyone looking out of the ordinary, but everyone was acting normal. No one was staring or stalking us that I knew of, honestly I was kind of creeped out by the text. Not only was the address on the out skirts of Miami, but who would want to hurt my Camz? Who?

"You okay Laur?" Camila asked bringing me out of my trance.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Did you decide on what to eat?"

"Yup! I want Chipotle."

I chuckled because that wasn't one of her options to begin with, "Okay, I'll get us a table while you wait here in line."

Two hours later was well spent at the mall. We managed to crack a smile out of Dinah and she ended up enjoying herself in the mall environment. I could even say it was a perfect day, but that text kept passing through my mind. Who could it be? What do they want? I'll just have to find out on my own. It could be a prank for all I know, but I didn't want anything to happen to her, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

_

It was about 6:30 in the afternoon and the sun was barely illuminating the sky. I parked my car on a curb five yards back then I went to walk towards the address that was sent to me. I came to it, but found that it was a very old shop that seemed to not have been used in years. I was about to head back telling myself that it was indeed a prank, but my phone vibrated in my jacket's pocket.

Blocked ID:

Storm clouds are coming!🌩 Keep walking towards the Ice cream shop on the corner. There's an alley right next to it. See you there

I did as told and spotted the ice cream shop on my far right. I slowly made my way towards it and walked into the dark alley way. There wasn't anyone there for some time. I was about to turn around and leave when I started to see shadows come out from the dark.

"Hello Lauren." The male voice said that I soon recognized.

"You? What do you want?" I angrily asked.

"I just want to negotiate with you." He simply said.

"Over what?"

I saw him smirk in the dark, "I think you already know that Lauren."

"Over my dead body."

"I might actually take you up on that." As he said so, he snapped his fingers and two shadows who were figures dressed in black from head to toe emerged from the dark and came towards me. They took a hold of my arms leaving me to struggle against their strength.

"What are you doing?" I asked trying to release myself, but it was no use.

"What I've should've done, some time ago"

"You're a coward you need two more people to be able to take me down."

"Doesn't matter, as long as I know I get to see some blood from you tonight."

"Do whatever you want with me, but leave Camila alone." I demanded.

"No promises Jauregui."

He got in a fighting stance and raised his knuckles, ready to throw the first punch. I kept my eyes open not afraid of him. I waited for the punch but it never came, but what did was a kick to my stomach that took the air out of me.

_

Camila's Pov

Being home alone and bored without having anything to do sucked. I wanted to spend the day with Lauren, but when I asked she said she had something to do. So here I was, bored out of my mind. That was until I remembered Justin's offer about ice cream, so I decided to give him a call.

Hey Mila

Hey Jus, I was wondering if we could do that ice cream thing today?

Yeah! I was actually going to call you about that later but now seems good

Alright well see you in a few?

Yeah, I'll pick you up in 5

Okay bye

__

"You were right, that ice cream really was bomb."

"Told you."

"I didn't know this part of Miami existed." I said looking around.

"Yeah well a friend of mine asked me to come over one day and we ended up eating ice cream there and from then on, whenever I want some I come here." Justin shrugged.

I was about to reply when I heard grunts and voices coming from the alley just up ahead.
"Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Listen."

He heard the grunts and voices this time and we made our way towards the sounds. There I stood shocked on what I was witnessing. Three black hooded figures were beating the crap out of a girl in a leather jacket on the floor. That wasn't right.

"Hey! Stop!" I ordered.

The three looked up, "Bieber? What are you doing here?"

"I did as you told dude." Justin replied.

"Why would you bring her this close to where I'm doing this?!"

"Sorry man."

I recognized his voice and that sent shivers down my spine. That could only mean that the person laying on the ground hurt and probably unconscious was, Lauren.

"What are you doing to her?!!" I yelled.

"A taste of her own medicine." He said simply.

"Justin do something!!" I told the blonde boy.

"Sorry Mila, can't."

"Stop saying Sorry Bieber! Let's go."

They left soon after, including Justin who clearly no longer had my friendship. I called an ambulance and waited with Lauren on the ground until it appeared. I watched the paramedics lift her up in a gurney and push it into the ambulance. The vehicle rapidly made its way to the hospital while I held Lauren's hand the entire way there. I held my tears in, but once I was seated at the emergency waiting room, I broke. The nurses may have called Lauren's family because next thing I know I was bombarded by questions and was being comforted by Taylor and Clara. Anxiously we waited for the doctor who would tell us the condition Laur was in.

When the doctor does come, he said that they preformed a full body scan, CT scan, a MRI, some blood work and a ultra sound to check for internal bleeding. The tests revealed that she has a Subdural Hematoma which the doctor explained was when the brain moved inside the skull because of severe head trauma. She also had four bruised ribs, and luckily no signs of internal bleeding. Once he was done he asked Mike and Clara to accompany him to the hallway. That worried me because that could only mean something bad.

"Camila dear, come here." I heard Clara say.

"What the doctor say?" I asked quickly.

I looked to her waiting for an answer, but tears accumulated in her eyes and soon she broke down crying. I was beyond scared at this point. If Clara was in this condition something more had to be going on, so I went to Mike for answers.

"What's going on? Please tell me."

"Let's sit down shall we?"

I sat down and wait for him to speak.
He sighed, "When Lauren took the hit to the head which caused the movement of the brain, it made multiple bloods clots in her brain. They want to give her treatment for it first to see if it helps to unclog them but if it doesn't..."

"If it doesn't..?"

"They have to preform brain surgery." He whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 408 10
Camila Cabello, Lauren Jauregui, two young girls who became a little more than friends at a young age. That was until someone had to leave. Years lat...
152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...
60.6K 1.8K 35
Lauren Jauregui, an ordinary student. Invisible to all many, she had one best friend, and millions of memories until one fateful day when Lauren gets...
729K 21.6K 42
You go to a new school where you meet your new science project partner, Lauren Jauregui, the most bad ass, yet annoying person in the world. Eventual...