Music between us (teacher/stu...

By MyWords

Michelle Smith is a student in high school. She has had a pretty rough life, and lost her dad. She and her si... More

Chapter one!
Chapter three!!
Chapter four !
Chapter five!
Chapter six !
Chapter seven !
Chapter eight!
Chapter nine!
Chapter ten!
Chapter eleven!
Chapter twelve !
Chapter thirteen!
Chapter fourteen!
Chapter fifteen!
Chapter sixteen!
Chapter Seventeen!
Chapter eighteen!
Chapter nineteen!
Chapter twenty!

Chapter two!

610 8 0
By MyWords

Chapter two.

 A/N: Soooo next chapter's here. I would really love your feedback!

________________________________________________________

*Mr. Stone’s P.O.V.*

After class I sat down at my desk and was about to start marking papers Mrs. Willows left for me, when I remembered something. I ran my eyes over the list of names of the people in my class. And there she was; Michelle Smith.

            She was the girl from the accident, five years ago. That accident still haunted my dreams.

            I reached my right hand behind my back and under my shirt and scratched my scars, from an old habit. I hated those scars, and I don’t think many people have seen them. They reminded me of the accident, and that was a memory I would like to delete from my head.

            I don’t think Michelle remembered me in class. Though, she and her friend kept staring at me, but I’m pretty sure she can’t recall that night at all. After all, it took her a really long time to recover; both mentally and physically. 

FLASHBACK – 5 YEARS AGO

I was on a bus, going home from my girlfriend at the time. It was dark and the eighteen-year-old me, wasn’t the type to stay up late. I wasn’t a cool guy, even though I was dating a cheerleader.

            A girl in the seat behind me was crying, but when I turned around to ask if I could help, anything to make her stop crying, she shot me a deadly glare. I didn’t try to help her again. A few seats back I saw a father with his daughter, both holding a frozen yogurt, and both smiling. They looked so happy and I was so jealous.  I didn’t have a father, at all. I quickly looked away when I saw the little, brunette girl, pointed at me.

            I almost screamed, it caught me totally of guard, and happened so fast. The bus crashed into a little black car, and just a split second after that, another car crashed into the bus from the behind, causing the bus to roll on the side.

            It didn’t hurt that much, but then the bus started to move, just a few inches in the beginning. Then it rolled off the road and started rolling down a hill on the right side of the road. I crashed into the ceiling, and then the floor and everyone followed. I heard a loud cracking sound from my foot when I hit a seat. A burning pain went through my left leg and I screamed on the top of my lungs with the rest of the passengers.

            The little girl was unconscious, and her dad tried to grab her and hold her. I knew it wasn’t a very good idea since every time the dad would hit something in the bus, he would hit that much harder.

            The bus finally stopped turning, and I landed on the window which broke from my weight, and pieces of glass cut into my back. It hurt really badly and I had to try four times before I could stand up and walk on the windows. I heard sirens and people who were out of breath talking. I walked to the front of the bus and saw the bus driver lying motionless on the window next to the driver’s seat. I pulled the handle next to the steering wheel and opened the doors, both in the front and the back. A man jumped in.

            „Are everybody alright?” he asked before looking around. When I saw the bodies around the bus, he froze. There was a lot of blood everywhere and I needed to get out of there as quickly as possible. The man saw me and was going to support me when I saw the little girl underneath her dad, on the floor. I couldn’t just walk away.

            I saw her eyes were open and she was alive, but barely. She had a cut on her forehead and there was quite a lot of blood underneath her. I pulled her from underneath her dad who was obviously dead. I lifted her up, through the door where someone took her before I climbed up. I have never done anything as painful in my life. 

I can’t forget Michelle’s face when I found her there. She was so scared and confused, a little too young to know what was going on. She had a cut on her forehead and there was quite a lot of blood underneath her, but she was awake

*Michelle’s P.O.V*

FLASHBACK – 5 YEARS AGO

I was on a bus, heading home I believe. I had a frozen yogurt in one hand and I was having a great time. I looked beside me and saw my dad smiling at me, and he also had a frozen yogurt.

            „Thank you daddy. I love you,” I said motioning to my frozen yogurt.

            „No problem honey pie, I love you too,” he said and put some of his frozen yogurt on my nose. We laughed and I brushed it of my nose with my hand.

            „Dad?”

            „Yes, sweetie?”

            „Why didn’t we just take the car? Mom isn’t using it,” I said.

            „Because riding the bus is much more fun. You can see all sorts of people here. Look at that guy,” my dad said, pointing at a big guy eating a Subway sandwich. „He just got off work and you might think he couldn’t be bothered by cooking a proper dinner, but the truth is, he is in love with the girl working at the Subway place he goes there every night, just to see her.” I laughed.

            „No, that can’t be true. How would you know?”

            „I don’t. Now you try. What do you think is her story,” he pointed at a young woman in a beautiful, red, sparkly dress which looked too expensive to ride the bus in. Her mascara was leaking as if she had been crying and her hair was pretty messed up.

            „She was in a relationship with a really rich guy, who bought her all those beautiful dresses and jewelry,” my dad nodded, looking interested, as I continued with my story. „They were supposed to meet at a fancy restaurant so she picked out that beautiful dress, put on some make up, and got a lift with a friend because he couldn’t come to get her. When she got to the restaurant, her boyfriend was having dinner with another girl and she confronted him. He told her he loved that girl and ended things, it was really sad,” I finished and gave the girl a sympathetic look.

            „That’s quite a story honey. She must have had a rough night,” dad said.

            „Now it’s your turn,” I said, pointing at a teenage boy in the front.

            „That boy is going to see…” he was cut off by some beeping and then the bush crashed into something. I hit my head pretty hard into the seat in front of me and everything went black.

            My eyes opened and the world was blurry. A few seconds later everything was crystal clear. I could feel a heavy load on top of me as I lay on my back. I tried to crawl from underneath the person on top of me but it was too heavy. I could feel something warm running down my face. I knew what it was but I didn’t want to think about it. I looked straight up and saw a large piece of pointy glass hanging from the ceiling. But it wasn’t the ceiling of the bus. It was the window. The bus had rolled on the side. The piece of glass fell down and I closed my eyes, waiting for it to hit my face and probably kill me. Suddenly I was pulled harshly from underneath the body, and it felt like someone was putting fire to my back. It hurt like hell. But the piece of glass fell just right between me and the person that now lay on some broken glass.

            My savior picked me up and held me above his head while somebody pulled me through the window on the other side of the bus, and out of it. The guy climbed up after me. I suddenly realized what just happened and started screaming and crying, and the pain was unbearable. My vision was fading again and I threw up a little bit. The last thing I saw was the face of the teenage boy I had pointed at right before the accident, the one who saved my life.

 Black was all I could see. Just a whole world of blackness. I could hear voices and even feel something from time to time but I couldn’t move or open my eyes.

„Wait, I saw something. Her fingers!” I heard Danny say from a distance as I tried as hard as I could to open my eyes.

„Danny, don’t raise our hopes, this is hard on all of us. They are going to pull the plugs tomorrow,” I heard my mom. I got scared. I didn’t really know what they were talking about but I heard mom was crying and that was always bad.

„Did I hear right? You can’t do that!” I heard someone say but I didn’t recognize the voice. It was male and probably an adult.

„You know what the doctor said. It is highly unlikely that she will survive,” that was my grandfather.

„No, I won’t allow that. I saved that little girl’s live on that bus and I will keep her alive,” the same male voice said.

I opened my eyes a little bit but it was too bright so I closed them again right away.

„Did you see that? She opened her eyes for a moment!” Danny said.

I tried again and this time my eyes opened and a few seconds later I got used to the light. A whole bunch of people was standing over me in a white room. My head hurt a bit and I felt like I had been sleeping on broken bottles with a stone for a pillow. My whole body was aching.

„Oh my god! She is awake. Quick, get a nurse or something! My daughter is alive,” And then my mom cried more while hugging me. It hurt so much but I lifted my arms halfway up, trying to hug her back. After a few seconds I gave up and let my arms fall down to the bed as a nurse came running.

„Where’s dad?” I asked, suddenly realizing that he wasn’t among the people around my bed. There was silence for a few minutes. I knew what had happened but I still waited for an answer. I didn’t want to believe it.

            „Honey, He was trying to protect you, from the glass and all, but it meant him taking the hit. I’m sorry dear, but your dad died in the accident,” my mum busted into tears. Danny was now holding my hand.

            „You have been like this for three months now, you know. That’s a really long time,” my grandfather said. „But what matters is that you are still alive, thanks to him,” he pointed at the boy who had saved me the night of the accident. That boy who is now my math teacher. 

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: What did you think. Please vote, comments, fan :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 220 14
"You do realize your eyeliner isn't perfect in your latest pic, right." ✵ "It isn't!? Wait a second....WHO ARE YOU? And btw that's isn't a question...
Lady Eilean By EGW

Historical Fiction

365K 17.2K 63
The youngest child of the formidable and powerful MacLeod family of Ellesmure Island, Eilean is all but neglected in the rowdy environment of Stormwa...
194K 12.4K 48
Sophie's future is planned out for her. Having just outgrown her studies and Job Placement in a few months, her path is straight and clear. But when...
81.8K 4.7K 37
For the first time in her life, Hayley Slade is going on an adventure. Naturally, she expects seasickness and a mild storm as the worst of her probl...