Both Of Us

By Only_Tayyy

Book two of my Peaky Blinders fanfiction series. Book one is Heartless. When the lives of his entire family i... More

Introduction
Blue
Get Out
Perks
Agreement
Mrs. Shelby
Just One Time
I Wish
Stranger
Drunk
Knocking
Pain
War
Animal
Much Worse
Forgive
Heal
Family Meeting
Week
Fifty
Shoot
No
A/N
A/N
A/N

Prize

6.7K 260 9
By Only_Tayyy

"He looked at me the wrong way. It's not a good idea to look at Tommy Shelby the wrong way."

Cillian Murphy as Thomas Shelby in Peaky Blinders [Series 1 Episode 2]

Ok, so I labeled this story mature for a reason. Right about now were going to get into some mature parts. I don't mean to offend anyone and you can stop reading this at anytime if you ever feel uncomfortable. But I want to realistically portray these characters, and sometimes that means being a little explicit.

Ok, just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Thanks for reading, though.

~

Toni awoke to someone casually slapping her face. She did not know who it was but they were not being gentle. They briefly hit her face several times before her eyes slowly fluttered open.

She was standing. Or, at least, she was not lying down. Her chin rested against her chest and was quite comfortable there.

Her feet were in full view but there were miraculously not touching the ground; only her toes were.

Noticing a soreness in her arms and wrists, she attempted to move them. She discovered that her wrists were tied above her head and they would not budge.

Her captors had tied her wrists together and secured her restraints to a low hanging pipe in the ceiling.

As Toni continued to regain consciousness, she became more and more aware of the ache in her wrists. The truth was, they were badly bruised. Her entire weight had rested on them for so long that they were even beginning to bleed.

Her thoughts were cut short when the slapping began again. It was more annoying than painful.

She moaned incoherently and began to lift up her head; attempting to discover who the hell was the cause of her discomfort.

"Princess is awake!" A man yelled, grinning directly into her face. He backed away and turned before walking from the room.

Toni moaned again and began attempting to form syllables.

"Wh..," she began, "where am I...?" she mumbled.

Suddenly, another, older man walked into the room. He looked like a gentleman due to his attire but Toni knew, because of the position he had her in, that he was not one.

"Where am I?" She asked again, directing her question to him.

"You are in a secure location, Mrs. Thomas Shelby," he said, pronouncing every syllable.

She felt too weak to answer so instead, she attempted to shift some of her weight onto her toes.

"I'm going to make sure you stay here until I get what I want," he moved closer and closer to her until they were eye to eye.

Roughly, he reached up and grabbed her wrist causing her to wince.

He began gripping her wrist tighter and tighter which made her cry in pain.

"You see...," he continued despite her cries, "your husband has made me very upset. And I don't like being upset," he increased his pressure, increasing her discomfort, "it makes me crazy." He finished, finally releasing her.

Toni dipped her head in relief, catching her breath.

"What do you want from me?" She asked, a tear falling from her cheek.

He lifted her chin with his fingertips until she was looking directly into his eyes.

"Its not you I want anything from...," he carefully said, "it's your husband."

~

Tommy had been working in the office going over numbers and fixing races, same old, same old.

He was calm and in his element. The only thing he was truly worried about was Toni. He had no idea whether she was going to run away or not.

If she did, it would kill them both.

There was a knock on his office door.

Tommy sighed, already irritated with his secretary.

"Come in," he said, putting his cigarette out.

His secretary stepped into the room. "Mr. Shelby?" She asked.

"Yes, what is it?" He asked.

"There's a caller on the phone for you. Should I give them the number for your office?" She asked.

"Only Toni has that number," he said.

"I know, Mr. Shelby, but they assured me it was very, very urgent," she said.

Thomas sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Why don't you get a name before you send my number out, aye?" He told her.

"Yes, sir," she said and closed the door.

Thomas drummed his fingers and rolled his eyes.

I swear, this woman has one more time..., he thought.

Suddenly, she knocked again.

"Yes," he called.

She stepped into the room.

"Mr. Shelby, the caller says his name is Glasgow, should I-,"

"Give him the number," he said quickly. "Do it now."

"Yes, sir," she said, startled. She hurried from the room and did as she was told.

Tommy had not been able to find Glasgow's location much less his number. The fact that Glasgow wanted to talk on the phone was intriguing to him.

The phone rang.

Thomas took a deep breath before answering it.

"Hello," he said.

"Mr. Shelby," and older man's voice said. "I believe this is our first one on one encounter."

"And you're stealing from my business," Thomas said.

There was a light chuckle over the phone.

"Yes, well," Glasgow continued, "call me greedy but I'm not satisfied. Now I want it all. The whole Shelby enterprise."

"Fuck off," Tommy said and was about to put the phone down but Glasgow told him to wait.

"Hold on," he said. "Before you make your decision, there's someone who would like to speak with you."

Tommy remained silent as he heard voices and movement in the telephone. Then there was heavy breathing.

"Say hello," Glasgow said, sounding far away from the device.

No one replied.

"I said, say hello," he repeated. Then there was a sharp cry of pain.

Tommy's heart stopped. That voice sounded like Toni's.

"Don't touch me!" she screamed into the phone.

The voice definitely was Toni's.

There were more sounds of a struggle but they faded away as Glasgow's voice returned to the receiver.

"Keep her quiet!" He snapped and Tommy heard another scream.

Thomas rose slowly from his chair, phone in hand.

"Don't you fucking touch her." He said, slowly and menacingly. It was settled; he was going to kill this man.

"Calm down, Mr. Shelby. I'll take good care of her. Now, ask me what I want," Glasgow said.

"What?" Tommy asked before locking his jaw.

"I want to meet you and I want you to give me the rights to your business and your money. There's no use sneaking around and doing it anymore. I'll just do it legally," He finished, pleased.

"Listen to me," Thomas said, "and listen very closely because I'm only going to say this once... I will find you... and I will cut your fucking throat if you lay a finger on her."

"Find me," said Glasgow, "I want you to. You have twenty four hours, then she's dead," Glasgow hung up the phone.

"Fuck!" Tommy slammed the phone down. He combed his fingers through his hair and labored to take deep breaths.

There was a knock at the door.

"Fuck off!" he yelled.

His secretary came in anyway. He shot her a deadly look

"Mr. Shelby sir," she stood hesitantly on her feet. "I-I know you told me not to come in unless-"

He stormed over to her and grabbed her face, "What makes you fucking think you can come into my office without my permission," his voice was low and deadly.

"Mr. Shelby, sir," she shook with fear once he had let her go. "There was an address wired here while you were on the phone," she began to sob, "and I thought you needed it."

She held out a slip of paper with trembling fingers.

He stared at in amazement for a moment before taking it from her hand.

Glasgow had wired him an address. He truly wanted to be found.

"Thank you," he said, but his secretary had already left the room, a sobbing mess. He tended to have that effect on people.

Now that he had an address, Tommy knew where to find Glasgow.

And where to find Toni.

~

Glasgow still stood before Toni, holding her face in his hand.

After a long moment, he let go of her chin and began walking away.

By now, Toni was trembling all over and possessed bruises all along her cheeks. Her lip was also split open; they had not been gentle with her.

But she continued to keep a brave front. She could not let them break her.

"Stephen," Glasgow called to someone outside the room. "She's awake...," he glanced back at Toni and looked her over, "...have your fun." He said and then left the room.

Toni heart began to pound. What was going to happen to her?

Stephen...where have I heard that name before? She thought.

She struggled in her restraints but to no avail. Her breathing quickened as she looked up and continued her attempt to free herself.

Once in a while, her struggling would bring pain to her wrists, causing her to wince, but she kept at it anyway. She had to escape.

All the while, she thought of her last capture and how her life had almost ended. Was this the end now? Would she die here?

She desperately searched around the empty room, racking her brain for ideas.

She could not die; she had a baby to take care of. And she had Tommy...

"Hello, Toni," a voice brought her away from her thoughts.

She looked up at the doorway and her breath caught. Her eyes bugged in surprise; she could not believe who was standing before her.

"...Stephen?" She breathlessly said.

It was the stranger from the pub.

"What are you doing here?" She cautiously asked.

"Toni," he said, closing the door behind him. "I'm here to receive my prize."

~

Over here crying

Please comment and vote😪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.6K 21
tough love is a michael gray fanfic *unedited
374K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...
916K 26.6K 41
Book one of my Peaky Blinders series. When Toni is asked an impossible favor by her uncle, she must learn to overcome her fear and do what's best fo...
1.4K 42 12
Olive Shelby spends her whole life following the orders of her older brothers. The day of her brother John's funeral, she makes a decision of her own...