Goodbye My Love

By cityofamber

The Story of Victoria Riddle, daughter of the infamous Dark Lord. This will be her first year at Hogwarts Sch... More

Goodbye My Love
My Father, The Dark Lord.
Meeting the Marauders
Pain, Death & Vengence ; Part 1
Pain, Death & Vengence ; Part 2
A kid named Remus
Clearly, death just doesnt like me
Ghosts know how to party

Empty threats may not be so empty..

2.7K 69 17
By cityofamber

I think my heart was about to burst with happiness. I was in Gryffindor! I smiled widely and jumped off the stool putting the hat back on it. I skipped all they way to the table and sat down next James and Sirius. I could hardly believe my luck. And then I remembered. Getting into Gryffindor, was basically getting my death sentence. 

I sighed. I looked up to see that Sev had been sorted into Slytherin, I watched as he frowned at Lily, who looked equally upset. I must have been frowning because, Sirius turned to ask me if I was alright.

" I'm fine." I said, trying to smile. I looked back up to the see the sorting had finished, with a kid named Arthur getting sorted into Gryffindor. Dumbledore had stood up to say something, for a second he looked straight at me, as if he was examining me with those twinkling blue eyes...

"Ah, I will not starve you anymore, nitwik, bubble and tweak!" He exclaimed, and then suddenly food appeared in front of us. Platters of chicken, mashed potatoes and treacle tart were all over and down the table. I smiled and started eating, taking a little of everything. I usually love food, but right now I was too scared of Voldermort to eat much. I wonder how far he would go to have me killed..

                                                                  ************************

After everyone had finished eating, we walked back to the common rooms. The prefects showed us the way and gave us the password to enter. (Fairy Lights) I said goodnight to James and Sirius and was about to start making my way to the girl dormitories, when the common room door opened.

 "Victoria Riddle!" Professor McGongall's voice exclaimed. My eyes widened, Father couldn't have found out this fast.. had he sent someone to kill me? Did McGongall know? I tried to calm my self down as I walked to the stern witch. 

"Yeah, that's me." I said quietly. 

She peered down at me and then said," You have been requested into Professor Dumbledore's office. Follow me, please." 

She walked out of the common room, with me following quickly behind. She led us down a long corridor, to a gargoyle. 

" Lemon Drops" She said to the gargoyle. It opened, to reveal a long spiraling staircase. We walked up to the stairs for at the end there was another door. This time Professor McGongall knocked.

" Enter."  Dumbledore's voice said. 

She opened the door for me as I walked in and took the seat in front of Dumbledore's desk.

" Hello, Ms.Riddle. Riddle, what" - he seemed to look for the right word - " a peculiar name."

My eyes widened.. could he know? Did he know that Fathers name was Tom Riddle? He looked old enough, could he have been possibly been teaching here while Father was here? 

"Peculiar?" I asked.

He seemed to take me in for a second, before saying, " Are you, Ms.Riddle in any way related to the Tom Riddle, or Lord Voldermort as he calls himself these days?" 

I couldn't reply to that because if I did, I die. So instead I said very slowly, " Professor.. i need.. your help."

" Why would I help you? Victoria, If you are who I think you are.. I have no reason to want to help you."

" But I'm not who you think I am! I plan to run away this summer. I never want to return to where I live." I said carefully, making sure each word did not involve Father in any way. 

He sighed. " Has he made an unbreakable Vow with you, Victoria? Is that why you cant speak?"

I couldn't say anything. He continued. " I'm presuming you cant tell anyone his where abouts, or even who you are?"

I stayed quiet.

" Very well. I will help you then." He said.

I smiled. " Thank you so much! Professor, really!" 

He smiled." You may go."

I nodded and walked back to my common room.

                                                                             ******************************

I woke up the next morning by a sharp knocking noise. Sleepily i looked up to see a midnight black owl knocking on the window above me. I gasped, this was Father's owl.. I quickly got up and opened the window. The owl soared in, dropped the letter on top of my bed and flew right back out.

Hesitantly I picked up the letter, It was surprisingly light. Hands shaking, I opened it -

Victoria, 

You are leaving Hogwarts. Tonight at Midnight, Bella will be waiting for you outside the castle doors. If you do not show up, I will personally come to Hogwarts, and kill everyone and anyone who even tries to stop me. Including the blood traitor you have befriended. 

I wanted to cry, I wanted to curl up into a ball and let out all my tears, but I knew if I did, It wouldn't do anything - or help anyone. I looked around to see everyone was still sleeping, so quietly I dressed and went down into the common room. 

I sat down on an armchair near the fire and reread the letter. I had two options: 1. Leave Hogwarts and go home to Father, who would surely punish me or 2. Let him try to break into Hogwarts. I sighed, I wonder how he knew I was friends with Sirius.. if that was the "blood traitor" he was talking about.. And then it struck me.

There was no way he could possibly come and break into Hogwarts. The whole Ministry was looking for him, and Hogwarts was protected so well. It was an empty threat. He wouldn't dare try anything. I started insanely giggling. 

" Victoria, you okay?" A voice asked. I turned around to see Sirius standing there, with a very sleepy James Potter. I laughed.

" I'm perfectly fine." I said, smiling.

He smiled at me, that adorable smile..

" Alright, care to go breakfast with us?" He asked.

I nodded and grabbed my bag. I saw a kid with a  mousy looking face standing nervously in the corner. I turned towards to James and Sirius. "Guys look he's all alone, lets invite him to come with us." 

"Why?" James said.

I rolled my eyes. " Because, that's what being nice is called." 

Sirius was looking at me like I was crazy, but before he could say anything, I walked over to the kid. " Hi, I'm Victoria." He looked startled by my presence.

" Peter." he squeaked.

I smiled." Peter, do you wanna come with us to breakfast?" 

He nodded vigorously. 

" Okay come on." i said walking back to James and Sirius, who were glaring at the small kid. " James, Sirius!"  They stopped glaring and we made our way down to the Great Hall.

I sat down next to a kid who had several books in his hand. When I sat down, he looked shocked.

" Hi." I said. 

" Hello" he said nodding. 

I started talking to Sirius and James again about classes, while putting a cup of cereal in front of me. As i was about to start eating, someone pushed my head, rather hard and forcefully into the cereal, i felt milk go into eyes. And my spoon stabbed my head. I was choking the person wouldn't let my head back up again. I heard a faint thump and I pulled my head out of the cereal choking and spluttering milk everywhere. 

I coughed to look who had saved me, James and Sirius had both punched that kid from the train at the same time. The kid who had tried to kill me..

I coughed some more, as Dumbledore came running over, the kid stood up and whispered something in my ear - " This was the Dark Lord's warning." My eyes widened in horror , as Dumbledore had finally arrived. 

He took the site of me in, hair and face drenched in milk , choking and a big red bump where the spoon had stabbed me, and James and Sirius standing in front of me, protectively. 

"Mr. Crabbe, what is the meaning of this?" Dumbledore said angrily, his voice was scary when he was angry. 

" I'm sorry, Professor." Crabbe said. 

Sirius and James were glaring at Crabbe, daring him to touch me. 

" Detention every Saturday for the next three months, and 100 points from Slytherin." Dumbledore said to Crabbe. He nodded, and walked towards to the Slytherin table, smirking.

Dumbeldore waved his wand at me, and i felt my hair being fixed, and my face being cleaned from the milk. I rubbed the spot where the spoon stabbed me. 

" Are you okay, Mrs. Riddle? Do you need to go to the Hospital Wing?" He asked kindly.

" No thank you, I'm fine." 

 " Very well, Mr. Potter, Mr.Black that was a very nice punch." 

They burst out laughing. I smiled feebly, still horrified from the Crabbe's warning. Dumbledore went back up to the staff table. 

" Bloody git." I murmured, throwing a dark look at Crabbe, who seemed to be laughing. 

" Riddle, why does Crabbe wanna hurt you so bad?" James asked.

" I don't know." i said, lying. 

" Your lying." Sirius countered. 

I blushed." No I'm not - drop it." I said sternly. 

Sirius obviously not wanting to drop it, but not wanting to make me any more madder, stayed quiet. 

After that, the day went fast. Potions with Slughorn was easy,  we had flying lessons; James and Sirius were amazing, with James saying how unfair it was the first years couldn't be on the house Quidditch team. Lunch stayed uneventful, and History of Magic was so boring, it had almost put me to sleep. 

It wasn't until that night, when I was in a deep sleep did something happen. McGongall entered the girls dormitories looking extremely grave as woke everyone up and told us to go to the Great Hall, immediately. I looked at the clock it was 12:30...

I walked into the common room, looking for Sirius and James. I found them by the door, waiting for me. They each grabbed one of my arms and we walked down into the Great Hall, to see everyone was there. All the houses and teachers. Dumbledore was standing in front of the staff table waiting for everyone. 

As McGongall entered, she shut the doors behind her and nodded to Dumbledore.

He cleared his voice and spoke, " As we speak, there are Dark Forces trying to penetrate the enchantments around the castle, with them is Lord Voldermort." He said.

I heard people gasp, and grab people near them. I heard a loud boom and turned around to see bright red eyes staring right at me from the entrance way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 4.3K 39
[Completed on 31st March, 2017] Remus Lupin is a sad little eleven year old with no hope of attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Tho...
126K 4.9K 21
Maia Black, daughter of mass murderer, Sirius Black, is entering Hogwarts for her first time. After being guarded from the real world by her 'Uncle M...
870K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
2M 82.8K 100
The Marauders' final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. From surprising changes in staff to a Christmas holiday moment you've all b...