The Person Within

By Nerd-Chic

Is Olivia Cooper your average high school student? Ollie starts her junior year by beginning a new school. “G... More

The Person Within
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4

Chapter 3

241 11 4
By Nerd-Chic

As I walked towards my locker and unlocked it with the code the school gave me yesterday, Dexter came from behind and said,

"What has crawled up your butt and died?"

"Nothing", I exclaimed, "Just two hours of geometry first thing in the morning, gimme five!" I said raising my hand for Dexter and he slapped it. 

I closed the locker shut with a force that made Dexter laugh quietly in amusement. I gave him a glare that could kill anyone within seconds if that was possible whilst he abruptly silenced.

"Lucky much or what. You haven't changed one single bit", he laugh shaking his head. He draped one arm around my shoulder, "Don't worry Ollie you were always good at math, it was always written in the stars for it to return the love you have given it!"

"Shut up" I smiled.

"At least I made you smile." God I love him. One person I know will always be there to make me laugh. I wouldn't know what to do without him. I peered over his shoulder to see a red hair girl with bright green eyes by herself gawping at something intently as if she was uncovering a treasure within a pile of dump.

"Hey Dex, what's up with Bay."

He moved his front of his body in the direction of Bays sighing heavily, "She's staring a Mr.Prince Charming. Has the hots for him and won't stop thinking about him." I followed her gaze and

"Ohhh, so he's the 'He'!" Looking at a tall; tanned blonde. Whenever Bay used to call me when I was in San Francisco, he always came up. Dude, she couldn't stop talking about him. It was always: He this...He that...He this and that. I can see why now.

He blowed through his lips saying, "More like SHE'S the 'He'!"

"What?" I asked him confused.

"C'mon look at him!" As I did I could see that he had a strong masculine jaw with great hard abs. His short; wavy blond hair stood out and his hazel eyes looked warm and slightly teasing. Not as good as Connor though. WHAT THE HELL!!! I quickly turned to Dexter.

"What's wrong."

"Look at him. He looks like the type that would spend his free time looking at the mirror naked and complimenting himself. "Mmmhhh, my six packs are amazing" and "My handsome face would send even the A-listers into a pit of shame." I bet he spends more time in the bathroom than any girl in this school."

I fell into a fit of laughter, clutching both of my sides and tears coming from my eyes. It took me a while for me to speak normally, "I see. Your sure your not jealous."

"Me. Jealous. Yeah right. I just want what's best for Bay, Ollie. And don't you even say I'm acting like her father because I'm not, I'm acting like a friend." He said pointing at me. I slowly put my hands in the air surrendering, giggling everyone once in a while.

DDDDRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

The bell rang implying it was time for two hours in hell. I said goodbye to Dexter and waved at Bay winking, seeing them both later at lunch.

 ***

It was lunchtime and I was starving. I got two pieces of pizza and can of coke. My eyes were looking around the room looking for Dexter and Bay. There was a table that belonged to each clique in school: goths, punks, skaters and many more. But my gaze diverted to the table where Abigial and Connor was sitting. Their table wasn't the cheerleader and jock table because on both sides of it there it was, a cheerleader and jock table. I am guessing though their table was the very top most popular people in school...

"Eh, excuse me" someone said from the back. I turned around and realised I was blocking the way. I quickly moved and soon found Dexter and Bay. Their table looked different from every single one in here. There was a mixture of types of people in school minus the cheerleaders, jocks and popular kids but apart from that it was pretty cool.

"Ollie what took you so long. Come here sit down next to me", said Bay patting the seat on the right side of her. I did what I was told sitting down. "Hey everyone this is Olivia Cooper" she said aloud for the table to hear.

"Hi. Hey. Good to meet you. Wassup."

"Hi you guys" I smiled.

After talking and eating with the table for ten minutes, I heard a obnoxious; icy voice slitting through the conversation,

"I guess you made yourself welcome with the losers, no surprise." There she was Abigial, tall and blonde, her fingers intertwined with Connor's. His sandy brown hair was to a small degree messy which kind of suited him, his green eyes looking at me confused. Then for no reason at all he smiled seductively. What is his problem.

"Whatever Abigial, just go away in fact just disappear from the face of the planet." replied Bay hotheaded.

"Don't tell me to go away freak. Look at you, I'm actually surprised people even look at you. If I was you I would cover my face and hide...".

"SHUT UP!!! Who the hell do you think you are to speak to her like that!" I stood up angrily and the whole dining room was staring at what was going on. "I suggest you get out of our faces before you lose all that pretty little hair you got on you!".

All of the sudden Connor's hands were around her arms and whispered to her lets go which she did, slowly being defeated. Once she left I looked around and people were whispering, gawping and laughing. I sat back down and said to Bay, "Don't listen to that Bitch! Your beautiful."

 "Thanks for standing up for me, I missed you."

"You are one hell of a feisty girl" retorted Dexter raising his eyebrows. "C'mon we should get to English."

***

It was Connors turn to read out his essay about my father which was supposed to be about my mother. I wonder what everyone is going to think especially hearing how Abigail's mother who owns this massive fashion magazine and this huge fashion stores all over the world. God, lets not start with her father. One thing is for sure her parents are loaded!

I look at Connor and I pleaded inside myself that he isn't going to embarrass me or anything, especially with what happened in lunch. He stood up and every pair of eyes were on him.

"My essay is on Olivia's father, Mr.Cooper."

Everyone was chatting quietly to themselves and suddenly stopped when Mr.Matthews told them to be quiet and for Connor to continue.

He finished and the class applauded. That wasn't that bad. There was only one thing that kept replaying in my head. My dad works for Connor's father. I didn't know that. How come my dad didn't tell me that. Geez, what am I supposed to say when he sits down. Oh god, he's sitting down. Think. Think. Think.

"Eh...your essay was...pretty good." I said dumbly.

"Thanks. Your dad is kind of interesting. I love to meet him. Especially since he works at my fathers company." Before I could reply Abigail turned in her chair and said,

"Ahh, your father sounds low. And how come it wasn't about your mother."

"Shut up."

"Abby, lets not start this again" Connor tried to stop her.

"No, I want to hear it."

"Abby, stop it . Seriously what is wrong with you," said Conner angrily.

"You want to hear it fine, I don't have a mother." I said, the class listening even the teacher.

"Why?"

"Like I'm going to tell you. So just turn around and mind your own business."

"Is she dead?" she questioned me.

"No!"

"Tell me!"

"Turn around before I do something I won't regret." I threatened her

Mr.Matthews interrupted quickly, "Turn around Abigail!" Which she did. " Good. Now class homework for next week..."

-Connor POV-

What is Abigails problem. Is she deluded or what. I mean I knew she was slightly insentive but not this much. In fact what made me feel attracted to her in the first place except her looks and popularity. I guess it was they way she acted, full of confidence and whatever she has on her mind bothering her she would've said it straight away.

But is that really it? I mean is that why she is my girlfriend? I don't like her personality, she's ruthless and a bitch. We are nothing alike. Then there's Olivia next to me. She is so different from every girl I have ever been with from friends to dates to girlfriends. I am even starting to see her in a different light. I actually like the way she looks and acts. At lunch she stood up for her friend something I haven't seen Abigail do at all.

I looked at her. Her short wavy hair just reaching below her chin, her small nose and her pretty blue eyes. Her soft pink lips which I ever so wanted to touch. I physically kicked myself under the table and cursed myself because it really hurt. Get a grip. But I need to see if she was OK. I ripped a piece of paper from by book and wrote...

Hey, you alright. I am sorry about Abby she can be a bitch sometimes :-(

I passed the note to her which surprised her a little. She frown a little smiling to herself.

Sometimes? Yeah I'm OK :) I didn't take it personally.

OK, most of the time. Glad everything is good. So can I ask you a question.

You're asking one now. Joke. Fire away.

What made you resist me. I mean every girl in this school practically loves me except you. Why?

Because I don't love someone because of their looks but their personality. And I don't know yours at all.

I read what she had written and was slightly baffled with it. Personality. I always thought that was really fake and cheesy. Guess I was wrong. Reading it closely I could clearly see I was good looking.

I whispered silently to her ear, "So you think I'm handsome."

She stared at me amusement in her eyes and she started laughing shaking her head. Somehow her laugh was contagious making me laugh too in the process.

"You are so full of yourself" she laughed.

"QUIET!!!" Mr.Matthews shouted. We both became silent but the atmosphere around us became relaxed and happy, something I haven't felt in for a long time- years to be exact.

***

-Olivia POV-

I went underneath my covers and fell asleep as all the ache in my muscles relaxed themselves slowly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 done finally. People comment, vote and fan me, please. :D

PS: i ADDED CONNORS PART. I edited it.

Chapter 4 is next yes. This chapter is going to be awesome. A lot of things going to happen and chapter 5 will continue it. People please vote me and comment if you like it.

Continue Reading