Opposites Don't Attract

By StoryGirl5169

Jordan and Abbey are two completly different people who come from different families. Jordan is rich city boy... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen

11.7K 72 15
By StoryGirl5169

Chapter Thirteen!! Yay. So last chapter was a bit of a surprise, it was for me. LoL, but I obviously knew that was going to happen. I hope you like this chapter too, I only give dedications too who I've seen has commented on most of my chapters and voted, you might be lucky. Anyways I'd love to hear your feedback and vote if you like. It has a lot of dialogue.

****

Jordan's POV

I heard the police siren and it got louder and louder as it came nearer towards me. The guy was still trying to stab me with the knife but I was holding his arm, pulling it away from me. Caitlin was on her knees, on the floor sitting besides Abbey, her eyes were flooded with tears. Abbey's eyes were shut, I didn't know if she as dead or not but she sure was injured.

"Chris, leave him!" I heard Caitlin shout. So that was his name, Chris.

I punched him on his stomach and he stumbled back. I kicked him on the same place and pushed him back and he fell on the floor. I left him in pain on the floor and walked towards Caitlin and Abbey.

"Jordan, watch out!" Shouted Caitlin and pointed behind me.

I turned around and he kicked me on my stomach and he slashed my chest with the knife and I fell back on the floor. He stepped forward and got the knife and he was just about to stab me but then I saw Caitlin, picking up bricks and big rocks from the rock and Chris almost stabbed me but she ran towards him and threw the rocks and bricks on his head and he was on the floor with blood coming out of his head. I got up and thanked Caitlin and the police and ambulance came. Along with them was Abbeys dad and her other sister Alex. They all came, charging towards us and the ambulance checked Abbeys pulse and said she was still breathing and took her into the ambulance.

"Is she going to be alright? Please, help her." Cried Abbeys dad. I felt sorry for the man.

"What happened?" Alex asked me. "Caitlin say something." She cried.

Caitlin didn't say anything and she burst into tears and Alex gave her a hug. Alex then looked at me and saw my chest was bleeding. She carried me all the way to the ambulance and demanded me to go hospital even though I told her I was alright but she wouldn't believe me. I went inside a separate ambulance than Abbey. As for her dad and her two sisters, they went inside the same van as Abbey.  

I peered through the window and Chris was still on the floor. I listened carefully and I overheard them say that he was still alive, he was just knocked unconscious. They took him into the the ambulance van that had just arrived and the sirens turned on and off we went to the hospital.

***

The doctors stitched my cut, they said it was a very big cut and that I was lucky that it wasn't very deep. Then they bandaged it and I was able to move but my chest hurt when I bend over to pick something off the floor. They gave me some medicine and it was horrible. I lay back on the bed and closed my eyes for a while.

"Son," I heard someone say. It was my dad and with him was James.

"Jordan, what's with the cut?" James asked.

"I'm fine, just a little cut." I lie.

"Little? Its huge. How did this happen?" Asked dad, his words were shaking as he spoke.

I explained everything to him and for the first time ever, I think he was crying. He have me a hug but I backed off because my chest hurt. James was smiling at me but I didn't know why. I narrowed my eyebrows at him and mimed, 'what'.

"Hello, Mr. Andy Smith?" Said a nurse, entering the room.

"Yes," Dad answered.

"The police would like to see you for a while." She said and left.

My dad walked outside the room and shut the door behind him. I looked at James and asked him the same question.

"Thought you hated her." He said.

"I do." I say.

"Why'd you save her then?" He asked, folding his arms.

"Because I needed a assistant at work and it'd be boring if she wasn't there,"

"Boring?" He said with a big grin on his face.

"Yeah, I need someone to make fun of and she's just perfect," I say.

Jame's nodded his head like I was making it up but I didn't care. He sat on the chair next to my bed and ate my sandwich that the doctors left for me. Normally, I would have got up and make him choke on it but this time I didn't because I wasn't hungry.

"Is there a snack bar?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and he ran out the room, searching for a snack bar. He was such a child at times. I sat up and grabbed the magazine on the chair next to my bed. I hate reading magazine but I was so bored, anything would be fun right now.  

As I was reading, someone knocked on my door. It was Caitlin. Her eyes were red and swollen and she was covered in Abbey's blood.

"Sorry to disturb you but I just wanted to say thanks for saving my sister and me," She said, queitly.

"No problem," I said.

There was a awkward silence. We both were just looking around the room, thinking of something to say.

"Look, I didn't just come to thank you. I wanted to say sorry for all of this. It's all my fault." I could see water building up inside her eyes.

"Hey, it's not your fault," I say sympathetically. "Here take this tissue and sit down." I say, handing her a piece of tissue.

"Yes it is." She cried, wiping her tears away and sitting on the chair. "You wouldn't understand."

"Try me," I said.

"Dad's kidneys are damaged and we didn't have enough money to do it and I wasn't getting enough money at work because the manager just quit so I borrowed money from Chris, who I knew a long time ago, and I couldn't pay him back. He gave me three chances but I failed." She cried, wiping her tears again.

"Does your dad know?" I asked her.

She shook her head.

"Has he changed his kidneys yet?" I question her again.

"No, it's tomorrow." Her voice was shaking and I could tell she was upset and scared. "It was meant to be a surprise."

"Its going to be alright, I'll give Chris the money." I said to her.

"No, its my problem." She said, standing up.

"Do you want to die?" I said.

I finally got her to agree and she thanked me again. It felt good to do the right thing. I got out of my bed and walked out the door and I thought about seeing if Abbey was still alive. Not that I cared about her, I just didn't want my assistant to die. I knocked on the door and stepped inside. Abbey was lying on the bed and she had a bandage around her arm. I sat down and thought of what to say.

"Hey, feeling better?" I asked.

"Yeah," She answered. "Why are you here?"

"Because your sister, Alex, made me because I had a little cut on my chest whilst beating up the other guy," I explained.

"You, were you the person you lifted me up and placed me near he wall?" She asked like she met me for the first time. 

"Yes, is that a problem?" I ask her. 

She muttered something under breath but I didn't hear what. 

"So, why didn't you let me die?" She asked. 

"Because I didn't want to lose my assistant that I can make fun of," I say. 

"That's way!" She exclaimed. "You are so selfish." 

"And you are so ungrateful," I said. 

We both roll our eyes at each other and fold our arms not looking at each other. 

"And anyways, why were you following me?" She said. 

"I wasn't following you." I say. "You left those stupid papers so my dad ordered me to take them to you." 

"Whatever," She said and there was another of those awkward silences. 

Without saying goodbye, I leave her in the room and make my way to my room. On my way, I saw Chris in one of the rooms and he was still unconscious from the look of it. There was a huge bandage wrapped around his head and a injection in is hand. I despised him so much for what he had done to me. The mark on my chest was going to be there forever.

I reached my room and walked inside. The nurse came inside as well. She told me that the cut wasn't to bad so I could go home tomorrow. I was ecstatic, I hated the food here and it was really boring too and I had to wear a dress. Just before she left, I asked her when Abbey was going to be sent home, she said tomorrow. I bet Chris woudn't be out until next year, I hope he never does but after that he's going to go jail. 

Dad came inside and he looked much better than before. He told me I could go work if my chest wasn't hurting to much. I was thinking about faking a chest pain but I didn't want dad to worry anymore.

James entered minutes later, he had chocolate on his face and he was still stuffing himself with snickers and Malteasers. He might be older than me but he didn't act older than me. He offered me one but it was already half eaten so I had to decline. 

It was midnight and I still couldn't sleep, knowing the fact that Chris was still alive and in this hospital. I wasn't afraid of him but I was on high alert of him just in case he popped into my room and stabbed me to death. I got out of bed and reached for my door handle, it was open. There was a key lock so I got the key the doctors gave me and locked the door. It made me feel safer. I began to feel tired but my chest began to sting and it hurt a lot. I placed my hands on my chest, wishing the pain would stop. After a while my eyelids were as heavy as ever. I closed my eyes and went to sleep. 

I woke up the next morning, still a bit tired. I was happy to know I was going home today. Home? It felt like I haven't been home for so long. Dad had left me some clean clothes from yesterday so I changed into those and put my hospital gown on my bed. I unlocked my door and walked outside my room. 

"Where do you think your going?" Asked one of the doctors. 

"Home," I answer.

"Not yet, your dad has to come and then sign this paper," He explains. 

I didn't want to wait for dad. It felt like forever. I sat down on the chair outside and waited patiently for him to come. I rested back and began to feel hungry, I made my way over to the snack bar and inserted a coin from my pocket and out came a chocolate bar. I munched on it for two seconds and it was finished. I went back to my seat and waited again. Whilst I was waiting, I saw Abbey walking towards my direction. She was wearing a top and jeans and she had a cast around her arm. I turned my head the other direction, hoping she wouldn't come and sit next to me. 

"You," She said.

"Oh, you." I said, looking at her with disgust. "You're going home as well." I say and then sigh. 

"Yeah, the bad news is that you're going home." She said, looking at me with disgust too. 

"Phee-ew!" I say, blocking my nose. "Your breath reeks." It didn't really but it was fun watching her blush. 

She cover her mouth and stepped back. She looked really embarrassed, I wanted to start laughing but I kept it in. 

"I..." She said, not finishing her sentence. I turned to look at the main entrance and I saw dad and Abbey's dad entering the building.

Abbey forgot about the breath thing and she ran towards he dad and gave him a hug. I done the same, but I never ran. Girls are such girls. My dad came with his brand new, whine red car. It was a five seater. Dad requested Abbey and her dad to go in the car so he could give them a lift home. At first they said it was alright but then they accepted. I was going to sit at the front but dad commanded me to sit at the back with Abbey. This trip home was going to the time of my life, as if.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 1.5K 43
Childhood friends enter high school no longer speaking to each other, it's their senior year, and they are partnered up to do a project that's worth...
81.1K 2.1K 35
College is supposed to be about nothing but partying and preparing you for the rest of your life, right? Meeting the love of your life and your lifel...
5K 319 44
"Just tell me the reason why," Jordan pleaded, his eyes paralysing me helplessly to the spot. "I-I can't.. I made a promise." For Alexa and Jordan, i...
5.8K 756 46
"Wanna dance?" I smirked. "Lead the way." He smirked back. I tugged him seductively on his shirt and made my way to the dance floor. I placed both...