The White Wolf

By Walking_Smile

Sydney Watkins is just an average girl trying to make her way through high school with her not so popular fri... More

Author Note
One: Vinegar Balloons
Two: The Purple Case
Three: Big Brother
Four: Recorded
Five: The New Comer
Six: Leaning Forward
Seven: Stranger Danger & Detention
Eight: Lunch Detention
Nine: Replay and Remember
Ten: The Forest
Eleven: Race & Run
Twelve: Dreams & Voices
Thirteen: Confused
Fourteen: Poisonous Vines
Fifteen: Shower Scare
Seventeen: The Letter
Eighteen: Secret Places & Explanations
Nineteen: The Hunt
Twenty: Conversation With a Wolf
Twenty-One: Ice Cream Chaos
Twenty-Two: Lost
Twenty-Three: Somewhere Out There in a Meadow
Twenty-Four: The Morning After
Twenty-Five: The Whole Story
Twenty-Six: Check
Twenty-Seven: Games & Dinner
Twenty-Eight: Glowing White
Twenty-Nine: Friends with Hugging Benefits
Thirty: Music & Plans
Thirty-One: Dreams, Kisses, and Fear
Thirty-Two Part 1: Cafe's Blondie
Thirty-Two Part 2: Performance Prep
Thirty-Two Part 3: Fright Night
Thirty-Three: Unexpected Help
Thirty-Four: The Escape
Thirty-Five: Mother, Son, and Searches
Thirty-Six: Running
Thirty-Seven: Motel Room for Two
Thirty-Eight: Staged and Free
Thirty-Nine: Hopeful Hurt
Forty: Why
Forty-One: Just Great
Forty-Two: Perfectly Calm...
Forty-Three: Glowing White Again
Forty-Four: Angry Kisses
Forty-Five: Make-Up Dinner for Four
Forty-Six: New Comrades
Forty-Seven: Shifting Moment
Forty-Eight: New Interest
Forty-Nine: Secrets Revealed
Fifty: Breaking News
Fifty-One: Road Trip
Fifty-Two: 'We'
Fifty-Three: Neck Ringing
Fifty-Four: Pandemonium
Fifty-Five: A Day Later
Fifty-Six: Prepared with a Sort of Plan...
Fifty-Seven: Drug Around
Fifty-Eight: Broken Star
Author Note

Sixteen: Dark Shadows & Cries for Help

64.1K 1.8K 131
By Walking_Smile

Logan

Jaycen searched the bathroom for the culprit who had startled his precious new mate. After finishing the search he drew Sydney out of the bathroom and into his bedroom like I predicted he would, giving me all the time I needed to leave my little message on the mirror.

Pleased with it, I slipped back into the cold of night.

I quietly climbed back to the ground, making sure I left the window of the bathroom ajarred, hoping it would keep Jaycen up at night. My feet reached the damn ground and I made my way to the woods where I shifted into my massive gray wolf.

I can't wait to give Jaycen what's coming for him. My wolf growled with satisfaction.

Don't worry he will. This has been years in the making and we have sacrificed too much to make him and his family pay!

He doesn't have a brother. My wolf pointed out.

I know that, but he does have a little sister and a beta who seems to act like his brother or some shit like that.

So you know for sure? My wolf asked a grin in his voice.

Yes, the beta and his sister are mates. They have been hiding it for a while. They aren't sure how he will take it and the beta pissed her off so they don't seem to be planning on becoming mates for a while. But I'll give it to them. They sure know how to hide their feelings.

So how are we going to use this to our advantage?

The way we normally do. I answered with a smirk.

My twenty-minute journey through the woods brought me to the edge of a dark street. Glancing around for any bystanders I trotted out into the abandoned street and headed towards an empty and ruined down building. Going through the back of the building where the hidden entrance was I shifted back and threw on some shorts we stored in a nearby dumpster which was unused.

After getting on clothes I wheeled the dumpster out of the way and slipped down through the window that led to the building's basement. I turned and grabbed the rope we tied to the dumpster I pulled the dumpster back to cover the window.

Brushing the dirt off my hands, I turned and went to the lit up part of the basement.

"I see you finally decided to join us," Elliot said his arms defensively crossed against his chest.

I snorted at the audacity my brother had to talk to me that way. "I had to run some errands, that's all."

Elliot stood with my beta Tether at his side.

"Sure you did," Elliot said unconvinced. "So do we know what our next step is?"

"We are just going to watch how it all plays out with Brendon and the girl."

Our youngest sibling of the three of us, small fifteen-year-old sister, Sasha, stepped into the light. "What girl?"

I smiled down out her.

Out of the three of us, Elliot, Sasha, and I, Sasha got the red hair from our bastard of a father. She like, Elliot and I had bright green eyes, but Elliot and I had our mother's blonde hair.

"His mate."

"You mean Sydney?" The boy asked appearing beside my sister.

Brendon Alistar the undercover operative in our little game. He was mostly human, but all of his features were dark like a wolf. He had grey eyes like frozen ice, which disturbed even me. He was averagely sized for a human with a hint of his parent's diluted werewolf blood. Brendon was perfect for the job.

Even if he wanted out though, we wouldn't let him. Not if he wanted to keep his precious little sister alive.

"Yes Brendon. Sydney." I answered coldly.

His figure became stiff, "Why are we going after her, why not take Jaycen head-on?"

I growled viciously at the sound on his name.

"Logan, stop." My sister commanded. "It's because of what happened to his mate. My brother believes in 'an eye for an eye' kinda stu-"

"Shut the fuck up Sasha." I snapped at my sister.

Frightened, her eyes immediately dropped from me to the floor.

Brendon beside her became tense. "You shouldn't talk to a girl that way. Least of all your siste-" Before he could finish the sentence I had him dangling off the floor by his throat.

"Shut your mouth human," I spat out bitterly. "My sister is none of your concern. How would your little sister feel when she finds out that you are defending somebody else sister, and because of it she has to miss another meal all because of your huge fucking mouth?"

Brendon froze and visibly paled.

"Are you going to keep your fucking mouth shut the rest of this meeting?" I asked.

He nodded.

Dropping him the weaker boy fell backward on the cement flooring.

"Logan, you know we need him for our little game. Be careful with him. Plus our sister seems to have a soft spot for him." Elliot smirked and looked over to the human.

My sister was hunched over making sure his head was alright and talking to him in a hushed voice.

I growled.

"So, what's the next step?" Elliot asked me once again.

"We need to get Sydney to make him angry and mad at her, so when we take her it'll be all the more devastating."

"And how's that Brother?" Elliot pressed.

"Because, if he is angry at her, he will most likely avoid her or leave her alone. Then it'll be one easier to take her, and two when he finds out, he will be destroyed that he wasn't there to protect her."

"So, how are you planning to get him angry at her?"

"You'll see," I said open-endedly.

An evil smirk played my lips as I scheme Jaycen's demise from the inside out.

"Tether, your little mate is willing to help still isn't she?" I asked

Tether stood up straighter at the mention of his mate. "Yes. Jasmine said she'd do everything in her power to tear them apart."

☽✣☾

Sydney

"JAYCEN! HELP ME!"

I snapped awake, footsteps thundering around me. I became fully aware of the fact that I was not in my bed.

Jaycen was off his little makeshift bed on the ground and running towards the door as fast as lightning.

The moment he forced open the door I saw a screaming blur followed by another.

"JAYCEN! Tell Terrence to stop chasing me!" Jaci screamed.

I wiped my cloudy eyes and watched as Jaycen stormed off with a look to kill. I presumed it would be Terrence on the chopping block.

Slowly I slipped out of bed, missing my purple fuzzy slippers that were at home beside my bed.

I walked out of the bedroom and downstairs to where I heard more screaming and yelling.

"Terrence get the fuck off my sister!" Jaycen growled menacingly.

Looking around Jaycen's figure I saw Terrence on the couch with Jaci pinned beneath him. She wiggled and squirmed to get out of his hold.

Terrence looked up to Jaycen about to say something. Then Terrence's eyes seemed to focus, and he realized it was Jaycen.

Jaycen was heaving and breathing roughly.

Go to him!

Why? He looks like he's about to lose control!

We are his mate. We can calm him. Hurry before he tries to kill our beta.

Our?

Hesitantly I walked up and placed my hand on Jaycen's elbow. He further tensed, but then he saw me out of the corner of his eye.

"Hey, Jaycen. Calm down." I whispered.

I grabbed his hand with my other hand and nuzzled the back of his shoulder. Something about it was so relaxing. So calming.

I was glad that my dreams hadn't been a slew of terrible flashbacks to the attack in the forest. Instead, it was like curling in the scent of Jaycen was a safety-net of sleep and undisturbed recovery.

Or at least it had been till this.

Jaycen seemed to relax at my touch as well. He leaned in closer to me and I pressed closer to him. He reminded me of my cozy heated blanket in winter.

Movement on the couch brought Jaycen's and my attention back to earth.

Still holding my hand he stomped over to the couch.

"I will say this one more time. Get. Off. My. Sister. Beta." Jaycen growled.

Giving Jaci a stern look Terrence crawled off of her.

"You better explain in five seconds why you were on my sister like that," Jaycen threatened calmly.

Terrence's eyes fluttered over to Jaci who still half laid half sat on the couch.

Jaycen let go of my hand and stepped closer to Terrence. "Eyes over here Beta!"

His eyes flew back to Jaycen, but now his often-blue eyes seemed to darken.

"Yes, Alpha." Terrence said through his clutch jaw.

"Tell me why you were on my sister."

"I was talking to her about this guy she's seeing. Then she got on my nerves about a girl I was seeing."

I looked towards Jaci. She frowned and her eyes glossed over like she was about to cry. Her bottom lip trembled. She looked over at me and her frown worsened.

"I don't get you two. You are always in each other's business and pissing each other off. Why do you do it? Do you just like making me angry?" Jaycen demanded.

"N-no. I just-never mind." Jaci said quite as a mouse. "Sydney can you help me with something; real quick."

I went to answer but she was already off the couch and pulling me up the stairs.

"Jaci! Give me my mate!" Jaycen hollered up the stairs.

"No. I need her. She needs clothes anyways!" Jaci yelled.

She pulled me into her room and slammed the door shut.

"AWW!" Jaci screamed out.

"Jaci what's wrong?" I asked concernedly.

When she turned towards me she had tears streaming down her face.

"Oh, Sweetheart, come here," I said holding my arms open to her.

She rushed into them and cried into my shoulder.

I hushed her and combed my fingers through her wavy raven black hair.

"What's wrong Jaci?" I asked.

She pulled her face back and whipped her tears away. "Terrence is my m-mate." Jaci burst into tears again before saying anything else.

"Hey, hey. Calm down, take a breather."

She did as I said and breathed in and out.

"That's it deep breathes. Now, tell me what's the whole shebang, because aren't people like suppose to be happy when they find their mates?"

Jaci laughed. "Looks like we have a smarty pants in the house. Jay's lucky he got someone smart."

I giggled as blush bit at my cheeks, "Um thanks... So what's up with you and Terrence?"

"Well, you go to his school, so you know he's a player and sleeps around." I nodded and frowned at her. "Then you know his latest fling, Jessica or whatever." I didn't but I nodded nevertheless. "Well, wait let me start from the beginning. Terrence's eighteenth birthday was a few months ago. Because my brother is his best friend we held the party here. I was just gonna study because, to be honest, I hate my big brother's friends. They are all so, eh." She made a face.

I laughed at this.

She smiled at me. "Anyways, they started the party and everything while I was upstairs doing my work. About an hour later somebody came upstairs and knocked on my door. Before I could answer Terrence came in looking all wild eyes. He pinned me to the bed and from there we started kissing, an-and it got heated." She paused as though back in that moment, "I was happy, I felt whole. Then the next morning, Terrence was gone." Her voice cracked. "Do you know how broken my wolf and I felt. The best night of our life, and he left us like we were some fling. But at the time I was only trying to find what happened to him, and if we were going to start dating but then I found a note saying we were mates, but we'd talk later and not to tell anyone yet. I went to school that day so freaking happy only to find him laughing about it with some girl." The world came out venomous. "Do you know where he went right after I fell asleep?" I shook my head no. "He went right over to that girl's place. He went and slept with her." Another tear shimmered down her cheek as I found my own eyes stinging with unshed tears.

"So was he made up for it?" I asked her quietly. I wasn't even sure you could make up for that unforgivable act.

Shrugging she continued. "Not really. We talk when we need to, but otherwise no."

"So what was going on a second ago?"

"He found my phone and a text from this guy I'm seeing..." She blushed.

"Ohlala! Is he cute?" I asked trying to distract her from the hurt her supposed mate caused.

Sasha dropped her head and blush. "Yeah, his names Max, mean I call him Maxie. He had this brown hair and beautiful green eyes. He's so romantic!"

I was relieved to see some happiness rush over her face.

"So are you two together together? Have you been on a date?"

"Yes, and we are going on one this Friday."

"Oh! I want to help!"

She laughed. "That's cool with me. Because with my brother around always trying to protect me I have like zip," She made a zipping hand motion, "for friends."

Laughing at that I said, "I'm sure he does it outta love."

"He does. Now, let's get you ready for a long day."

☽✣☾

EDITED JUNE 19 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
3M 105K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
128K 3.7K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
84.9K 2.7K 41
They both have broken pasts that used to shine with the love they felt, now though now it is different the only thing they feel is pain, sadness, and...