The Chronicles of Vladimir To...

By nothingwillsuffice

Vladimir Tod has been relaxing over the summer, trying to forget the past five years all together. But just a... More

A New Year
A Bite To Eat
First Day
I See You
Nightmare
Unexpected Company
Interesting Information
Marked
Time To Die
Encounter
Alive
Movie Night
Creepy Smile
The End of a Crappy Year
Read Book 2!

Clue

227 4 0
By nothingwillsuffice

Vlad and Snow were leaving the Crypt. They had decided that since it was Saturday and they had nothing to do, why not enjoy a not-so-old pastime.

Vlad held Snow's hand as they walked to his car, it's black hull almost invisible in the black setting. Vlad arrived first and opened Snow's door.

After Snow got in, he closed her door, got in the driver's seat, and started the car. Vlad hit the gas and started down the dimly lit street.

The car was silent, both of them enjoying the presence of the other. Vlad veered the car to the left and stopped at a gas station.

"Sorry, Snow. Need to fill the tank."

"It's cool. It was bound to happen sometime."

Vlad smiled, and got out of the car. He was walking from the building after paying when he noticed Snow standing in front of the car.

He walked faster. Vlad was 10 feet away when he felt a painful sting on his right arm. He looked down, and nothing was there.

He looked up at Snow and saw her doing the same. He ran. He saw Snow look up, and then she ducked.

"Snow, what's going on!?"

But Snow didn't have to answer. When Vlad reached his car, he saw the last person he expected to see. The slayer he killed weeks ago.

'Dammit'.

Vlad stood next to Snow, frowning at the arrow lodged in the grill of his car. Still looking at the arrow, he caught the next one aimed at his head with his left hand and turned his attention to the slayer.

"Why the hell are you here?"

"To exterminate you. Why else."

"I mean, you should be dead." Vlad replied, a little harsher than before.

"Don't get so riled up, Vlad," Snow advised, "he's not worth it."

Vlad attempted to calm himself, but the thought of what the slayer had done made it near impossible.

He squeezed his fists together so tight, the arrow in his left hand shattered. Vlad strode forward.

"I'm going to kill you. For sure this time."

The slayer sneered, "Come 'n try it."

Vlad quickly picked up speed. He aimed a punch at the slayer's head, but he blocked with a silver rod. Vlad immediately recoiled.

He saw the red blisters on his fist sizzle as they slowly shrunk.

"What's the matter, tough guy?"

Vlad glared, "Nothing."

He zoomed forward with super speed and gripped the steel rod with both hands. Before the slayer could react, he snapped it in half with brute strength by propelling his knee upward.

The slayer was stunned as Vlad quickly dropped the two pieces of metal.

"Now Snow!"

Snow appeared from behind the slayer and swiftly swept his feet from under him. Vlad walked up to the slayer and brought his foot down hard.

The man jerked when Vlad's foot landed on his chest. Then his body went slack, and blood flowed from his mouth, onto the cement floor.

Snow turned away, "Seriously, could you have a little more remorse?"

"Why should I have remorse for a guy who tried to kill us?"

"I guess you're right," Snow started towards the car, "but still, at least kill him a little cleaner. He looks like he was ran over by a bus."

Vlad shrugged, "I guess..."

Snow was right at the passenger door when they heard a gravelly, raspy voice.

"Not..so..fast....Pravus."

Vlad froze. He turned to the beaten man on the floor, bathing in his own blood.

"How do you-"

"Know you're...the Pravus?" He let off a fit of coughs, "I've known...for quite..some time."

Vlad was extremely puzzled. How did a slayer even know the word 'Pravus'? As far as he knew, the Pravus was a legend held within the vampire race.

Vlad walked over to the dying man.

"Why do you even know that word?"

"I don't...quite remember. It just seemed....to always be there."

"That's not an answer."

"Vlad, what's he saying?" Snow came from behind and stood next to Vlad.

"Vlad....Vladimir..Tod. That was your name."

"Why do you know my name?"

"And Snow....Snow Mitchell. The Mixus."

Vlad was getting aggravated now, "Tell me how you know!" He growled, holding onto his collar and trying desperately to keep his voice down.

"I was," he coughed in his face, "I was assigned....to kill you. Specifically...me."

"Why you?"

"Because..of skill. You were classified....as extremely dangerous," he roughly coughed again, "now I know why."

Vlad felt some pride at his words, but it disappeared when he thought about what had just been said.

"Who gave you the order?"

"Even I...don't know."

"How do you not know your own boss?" Vlad shook him again.

He threw another fit, "I've never seen him....we only...talk over the com. All I know...is his voice."

'So it's a he.' Vlad took that bit of information and tucked it in the back of his mind.

"I think....I've said...enough."

Vlad was ready to put him down when he felt a terrible pain in his stomach. He looked down to see a silver rod lodged in his torso.

Vlad was immediately weakened from the large blow, and he fell onto his back. The slayer was released and they both thumped on the cement.

"Vlad!" Snow panicked.

But then she raged. Calming her panicky nerves, she went to Vlad and assessed the situation. He was definitely injured, but not critically.

Snow prepared to remove the rod, "Vlad, I'm gonna remove the rod okay? So try and stay calm."

Vlad nodded. Snow took a deep breath, and inched the rod upward. Vlad recoiled. He let out a strangled cry as he writhed in pain.

Snow attempted to remove the rod faster, but it was in too deep to come out fast enough. In the background, Snow could hear the slayer's raspy laughter.

"Damn you." She whispered to herself.

Snow finally removed the rod and Vlad gasped with relief. Snow rushed to his side and pushed him over. He coughed up blood onto the ground.

Vlad breathed heavily before the sizzling of his wound healing could be heard. Snow left him to recover. She turned around and pucked up the rod.

She walked over to the slayer who's eyes seemed to be laughing at her, as if he was taunting her, taunting her beyond the grave.

She positioned the silver rod above his head, and brought it down. Though he was already dead, it felt necessary. For what purpose, she wasn't sure.

Snow walked back over to Vlad, who was looking significantly better, and checked his stomach. There was still a small hole.

"He gotcha pretty good. Looks like you'll be fine though."

"Still hurts like shit." Vlad grimaced as he looked at it.

"Do you think you can stand?"

"Maybe."

"Looks like you'll have to." Snow said worriedly.

Vlad looked up to see Snow looking at the convenience store. Standing in front of the door, was the guy Vlad had payed for the gas.

He had cold sweat running down his face and he was shivering as if he'd seen a horror movie. In a way, he had.

Snow pulled Vlad up and supported him to the drivers seat.

"Can you drive?"

"Yeah. I should be able to."

"Well have to gamble on that then."

Snow quickly filled the tank and hopped into Vlad's car.

"Step on it."

Vlad wasted no time hitting the gas and leaving the station.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Vlad and Snow sat in their dorm room the next morning, watching the news. On the screen there was a scene that seemed all too familiar.

The camera was focused on a bloody gas station floor and a lumpy tarp that could only have a body under it.

'...The authorities have investigated the scene but no evidence as to who was responsible for the crime has been found...'

Vlad sighed in relief. They weren't in any trouble. For now at least. He didn't have to worry about being arrested for the time being.

His mind shifted to what the slayer had said. It's confirmed that someone is definitely after his life. His and Snow's.

"Snow, I believe there may be a little more to this than we think. Let's keep low profile like usual. And I'm going to teach how to use your Mixus powers."

"Thanks. I'm gonna need'em."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 906 33
[YURI/LES/GxG] The sun who calls for the night and the moon calls for the day collides in one unique bond of being mate. Story of 2 different creatur...
179K 5.9K 28
Alexandra Brown is a young twenty something stumbling through life with a big secret, no money, and a car with questionable noises. Aiden Moran just...
27.4K 697 22
Vladimir Balunski... the Russian with big ambitions, and no fear. He sets out on a mission to reunite he and his long lost brothers, after twelve yea...
253K 7.5K 31
Even vampires have mates... Vladimir is the King of Vampires. His empire thrives under his rule, but he something is missing; his mate. Vlad has scou...