saving mitch ↠ scömìche

By ashlxy-

〝 "scott?" i said quietly, gaining his attention. "hm?" scott mumbled. i sat next to him and we didn't look a... More

• prologue •
one ↠ photography
two ↠ inner delicacy
three ↠ a waterfall and a confession
four ↠ travis
five ↠ party time
six ↠ realization
seven ↠ avoiding
eight ↠ i'm sorry
nine ↠ just friends
ten ↠ arguments
eleven ↠ alex
thirteen ↠ christmas day
fourteen ↠ mistletoe
fifteen ↠ starbucks
author's note ↠ i'm so sorry
sixteen ↠ break
seventeen ↠ pillow
eighteen ↠ new year's eve
nineteen ↠ sleep
twenty ↠ 48
twenty one ↠ 53
twenty two ↠ wake
twenty three ↠ home
twenty four ↠ end
• epilogue •
a/n: defect is here!
a/n: PTX FANFIC AWARDS!

twelve ↠ christmas eve

2K 135 81
By ashlxy-

you think this is a game
you ain't gon' win
cause i'm the ref
Pentatonix | Ref

Scott Hoying's POV

{a/n: time jump to Christmas Eve because y knot}

I bit my lip, wondering if I should arrive at Avi's place for the party. He said he wasn't going to force Mitch and I to talk, but I wanted to. I needed to.

I just didn't know how.

I pulled on my jeans and dark blue sweater that wasn't very Christmas-y, but I figured it was good enough.

Grabbing my keys and shoving my shoes on, I was leaving my house and heading for the address that Avi had previously given me. I needed to apologize to Mitch and at the party was probably a bad idea but I had to ASAP.

I got in, started to drive and made sure my radio volume was muted since I really couldn't care less about whatever was happening in the world of news. Especially if the news consisted of anything about Travis Bush.

I remembered I had to pick up Alex. We had exchanged numbers sometime last week and I texted him for his address, so I headed there (which, luckily, was close to Avi's place) and soon I was parked in front of the man's house. I got out, walked up to his doorstep and knocked on his door. I heard some footsteps before a 'shut the fuck up, Mittens,' and out came the guy I was supposed to take to the party. He was ready, it seemed, wearing black skinny jeans and a black coat that covered him so I had no idea what he was wearing under it. "Hey," I smiled. He grinned at me, mumbling a 'hi' before constantly checking the ground as he walked out, so I assumed he had an animal he had that he didn't want to leave the house. Most likely a cat.

We walked to my car and I got in the driver's as he got in the passenger's.

"So, you have a cat?" I asked after starting to drive. He nodded, "Yeah. She's a pain in the ass sometimes. What about you? Any pets?"

I shook my head, "Nope. I'm wanting a cat, though."

"You should get one," he smiled, "They're attention-hogging assholes but they're still better than humans."

I chuckled, "Probably."

Soon we were there since he lived close and we got out as soon as I parked, exiting my vehicle with Alex and knocking at the door to which Avi answered.

"Hi," Alex and I said at the same time, him cheery and me neutral. Alex laughed and Avi let us in.

Decorations everywhere. Big house.

Big house.

Green, white, gold and red lined the house. Whether it be an ornament, a tree or a window, everywhere it something that consisted of at least one or more of those colors.

"Hey guys," Avi smiled and as I walked in, I saw Mitch, Travis (ugh), Kevin, Kirstie, and some other people I had not met before.

I awkwardly looked at Mitch and he was staring but quickly looked away and to Travis like he had the previous weeks before. Travis was clenching his fists at the fact Mitch wasn't paying attention. I wanted to go up there and tell him his dad should've paid attention when using the damn condom, but I figured it might look a bit... bad.

Alex was trying to get my attention and I hadn't realized it until he started to laugh. I rose an eyebrow at him and he smiled, "You're looking at Travis like he insulted your religion."

I bit my lip, "Yeah. Sorry."

"No problem," he said. "Why though? What'd he do?"

"Used the guy in front of him, and still is," I muttered. "Oh," Alex started, "So you have a crush on Mitch?"

My head snapped up and I rose my eyebrows in surprise, "What?"

"Isn't that his name?" Alex inquired. I pursed my lips with a nod, "Yeah... but what makes you think I like him?"

"I said you were looking at Travis like that. I never said you were looking at Mitch like that. Oh, and the fact that you actually cared about who LA calls 'the faggot' which I don't believe one bit, by the way," he smiled.

I widened my eyes, "I care about him as a f-friend?" I said, but sounded more like a question.

"Yeah, okay. Keep telling yourself that," he smirked. I'm surprised he wasn't angry or sad.

"Well, I will," I muttered, even though we both knew it was a complete lie.

"I can tell you're fighting," he said after I looked at Mitch again. "What makes you say that?" I glanced at him but looked back to an oblivious Mitch.

"If you weren't, you'd be here with him and not me," he stated a bit quieter. I immediately looked at him, "I..." I didn't know what to say, since he wasn't wrong.

"You're an amazing guy, Alex," I smiled. "But you deserve someone who isn't exactly crushing on somebody else."

He squealed, "So I was right! You do—" I clamped a hand over his mouth with big eyes, "Shush!" I whispered. I didn't want Avi to know or Mitch to look over to us.

He laughed but nodded, mentally signing he wouldn't scream it. "So you do like him!" He whispered-yelled.

I nodded, "Yeah. I do... a lot."

"Aw!" Alex grinned from ear to ear. "That's adorable!"

I blushed. "But you need to go over there and apologize. Now." Alex continued. I bit my lip, contemplating it. "But—" I started, but he cut me off. "Do it."

I sighed and nodded, "Okay," I said and began to walk over there. Mitch saw me, which caused Travis to look where Mitch was looking. At me.

Travis glared at me, "What do you want?"

I ignored him and walked up to Mitch, "Mitch," I started, as Mitch looked at me expectantly.

"I—" I started, but I felt something hard hit my jaw, causing me to slightly stumble back a bit. I looked at the cause of it. To no surprise, Travis was looking smug and content. Mitch widened his eyes as mine flashed with anger.

I punched him square in the jaw and surprisingly, he fell over on his ass. I knew Avi was basically sprinting to where we were.

He got up, his eyes darkening. Suddenly, he was being pulled back by some guy I haven't met before. "Calm down, dude," the guy said.

"Stay out of this, Jake," he sneered.

'Jake' rolled his eyes, "You're going to regret this, you know."

"And I couldn't give two shits," he snarled, trying to get out of his grip as Avi was glaring at Travis menacingly – and probably me, too.

"I do," Avi came up from behind me and in Travis's face. "You don't even work at Kaplan's Magazine and you punch one of my best employees!" Avi groaned.

He ignored Avi as he continued to glare at me. I felt my jaw starting to ache and probably bruise, but I ignored the feeling. "Shit," Mitch muttered, suddenly grasping my hand and led me somewhere. I rose my eyebrows as he opened the kitchen door and demanded for me to stand near the counter. I obeyed as he sat on the counter and reached to the right of him and to the freezer, grabbing something. He pulled out an ice pack and furrowed his eyebrows in concentration as he pushed it against my swollen jaw, holding it in place.

"I can do th—" I started. "No. You've done enough," he said, not even looking in my eyes as he cradled my face. "But so has he," I whispered.

His breathing hitched, "Yeah? And?"

I stayed silent, not answering him, knowing it was a rhetorical question.

He finally looked into my eyes and I could see his regret, so I slowly looked down to the floor. His finger came and lifted my chin so I'd look into his eyes, "Sorry that he punched you," he mumbled.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You didn't do it."

"I feel like I did," he stated, the ice pack numbing my jaw a bit. "It's swollen," he said after awhile of silence. "Make sure you don't hit it again and keep an eye on it, okay?" Mitch said and I nodded, deciding not to speak.

I moved a bit and took the ice pack from him, "Go have fun. I'm gonna stay in here for a while," I smiled and he bit his lip, contemplating, but luckily he obliged and left.

I sighed as I sat down on one of the kitchen chairs, realizing I better apologize somewhere else.

***

a/n:: hello

it's me

Jake is here

and idk what else to put

goodbye {from the other side}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 82 1
Hickey's were hard to hide. That was one of the thoughts circling in Mitch's head when he stood in front of the mirror that morning. He touched the p...
127K 4.6K 31
It's been a while since Mitch Grassi has been dateless on Valentine's day. He gets pretty desperate and in his drunken state tries to hook up with hi...
6.7K 369 16
We all thought Scömìche was real in 2017, but 2018 changed it all. They have boyfriends, the are not roommates, they are separated. Will their frien...
6.2K 244 33
COMPLETED 17 year old Scott Hoying's mother is shot dead before his eyes. He is forced to live with his physically abusive father who had abandoned S...