The White Wolf

By Walking_Smile

Sydney Watkins is just an average girl trying to make her way through high school with her not so popular fri... More

Author Note
One: Vinegar Balloons
Two: The Purple Case
Three: Big Brother
Four: Recorded
Five: The New Comer
Six: Leaning Forward
Seven: Stranger Danger & Detention
Eight: Lunch Detention
Nine: Replay and Remember
Ten: The Forest
Eleven: Race & Run
Twelve: Dreams & Voices
Thirteen: Confused
Fourteen: Poisonous Vines
Sixteen: Dark Shadows & Cries for Help
Seventeen: The Letter
Eighteen: Secret Places & Explanations
Nineteen: The Hunt
Twenty: Conversation With a Wolf
Twenty-One: Ice Cream Chaos
Twenty-Two: Lost
Twenty-Three: Somewhere Out There in a Meadow
Twenty-Four: The Morning After
Twenty-Five: The Whole Story
Twenty-Six: Check
Twenty-Seven: Games & Dinner
Twenty-Eight: Glowing White
Twenty-Nine: Friends with Hugging Benefits
Thirty: Music & Plans
Thirty-One: Dreams, Kisses, and Fear
Thirty-Two Part 1: Cafe's Blondie
Thirty-Two Part 2: Performance Prep
Thirty-Two Part 3: Fright Night
Thirty-Three: Unexpected Help
Thirty-Four: The Escape
Thirty-Five: Mother, Son, and Searches
Thirty-Six: Running
Thirty-Seven: Motel Room for Two
Thirty-Eight: Staged and Free
Thirty-Nine: Hopeful Hurt
Forty: Why
Forty-One: Just Great
Forty-Two: Perfectly Calm...
Forty-Three: Glowing White Again
Forty-Four: Angry Kisses
Forty-Five: Make-Up Dinner for Four
Forty-Six: New Comrades
Forty-Seven: Shifting Moment
Forty-Eight: New Interest
Forty-Nine: Secrets Revealed
Fifty: Breaking News
Fifty-One: Road Trip
Fifty-Two: 'We'
Fifty-Three: Neck Ringing
Fifty-Four: Pandemonium
Fifty-Five: A Day Later
Fifty-Six: Prepared with a Sort of Plan...
Fifty-Seven: Drug Around
Fifty-Eight: Broken Star
Author Note

Fifteen: Shower Scare

61.8K 1.9K 222
By Walking_Smile

Jay

The tingle was ever-present on my lips even though Sydney's had long left me.

Softly pinching the skin around the thorns, I proceeded to remove the thorns from Sydney's otherwise flawless leg. Little dots of blood welled in the absence of the thorns. After finishing ridding her legs of thorns, though it was proving very difficult to take my hands off of her, let alone keep my hands off of her now that I've felt her skin and warm.

I had hoped we would clear up what was going between us but Sydney looked wiery, reminding me of everything she had undergone.

"Let's talk about everything in the morning, right now let's get you back and into bed."

Sydney nodded and stood at my side. Cautiously I enveloped her small hand in mine. She let me curl my hand around hers. The moment we broke the forest line, Sydney inched closer to me for our hike through the woods.

She is afraid of the forest.

Why wouldn't she be?

I let go of her hand, I hadn't missed the small flash of panic in her eyes until instead, I put a reassuring hand behind her back. She took this opportunity to step closer into my side.

My wolf purred in pleasure, but I remind on high alert till we were home. There, we saw the others had gone off and retreated to their rooms, so we climbed upstairs to my bedroom.

"Wait, I need to call my mom and tell her that I'm going to be staying at a friend's. Can I borrow your phone?" She asked.

Smiling sheepishly, I scratched the back of my head. "Funny story. I kind of have your phone."

"Huh?" Sydney asked her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

I smiled at how cute she looked.

"When you and your friend were running away from us after that little scheme you guys pulled on us, you dropped your phone. I kept it because well, it smelled like you, and I wanted to see if I could find out a little more about you..." I answered Sydney, embarrassed by how creepy it seemed.

After a moment of silence, Sydney burst into laughter.

I smiled shyly as I felt heat rush to my cheeks. I attempted to stop it or lessen it, but when Sydney looked up and whipped a tear away it didn't work and I was caught.

"Ow! Is the big bad werewolf jock player embarrassed?" Sydney asked childishly. She went to pinch my cheek, but I slapped her hand away and turned around towards my closet.

I scoffed. "No. I mean really Sydney? Me? Blush? No that's stupid. And you, don't try and spin this on me, you and your friends cut our practice short yesterday!"

"Oh, whatever, nobody was hurt, and you guys could've used the laugh. Anyways, you and I both know you were blushing. Embarrassed that someone caught you in the act of dealing with something you have no idea how to deal with?"

I turned with confusion playing on my face. "What?"

Sydney collapsed exhaustedly on my bed.

My wolf and I liked the sight of that.

Sydney was only wearing a running shirt of mine and a pair of my sister's shorts. Because of my sister's smaller form, the shorts were like booty shorts on Sydney, hugging her thighs and bottom very well. My shirt settled around Sydney's small swell of a stomach and her round breast.

I want her. My wolf howled in excitement. My wolf's thoughts were clearly clouded by the closeness of our very attractive mate.

As much as I want to, you know it's not the right time. She doesn't understand completely. Plus she grew up human so she wouldn't understand our determination to claim her. If we go at her now, we could lose and scare her off.

Damn, when did you get smart?

I laughed. This prompted Sydney to frown slightly. She propped herself up on her elbows as she stared over at me.

"What's so funny?"

Smiling I shook my head at my little mate. "Nothing, Star. Just my wolf talking."

"Can I ask something?"

I nodded and smiled charmingly. "Anything Star."

"Does your wolf or people's wolves often talk to you?" She asked.

"Yeah. Mine in particular doesn't seem to shut up. Honestly, I'm pretty sure quiet is not in his vocabulary."

Hey! It's only because you're irrational and thoughtless sometimes!

Thanks wolfie. Great motivational speech.

You're quite welcome, human.

"So it's normal for my wolf to be talking a muck up in my brain?"

The memory of her eyes glazing over before leaning in and kissing me peak in my mind.

I leaned in close to her, gathering my well-known courage that most girls loved. "That it is my Lovely. Especially when I'm around," I whispered huskily into her ear.

Sydney shivered as her cheeks darkened.

"Co-could I have my phone back?" She asked, clearly affected by my presence. I smirked at that knowledge. "I miss my baby, and I'm sure my messages have been blown to smithereens by my mother."

I walked to the closet with a huge smile plastered across my face and grabbed her phone from the place I hid it in the top of the walk-in closet.

Returning I gave her the phone. She attempted to click it on, but the screen remained black from being dead.

"Do you by chance have a charger?" She asked not looking in my eye.

She hasn't fully recovered from us. My wolf observed with the feeling of a smirk on his wolf lips.

"I'm sure we have on somewhere around here."

She nodded. "But before you go check is there a bathroom around here. I kinda wanted to take a shower, seeing as I'm kinda...gross." She said looking down at herself.

Despite having healed from the attack, her hair was dirty from the transformation, her legs were spotted from walking around in the woods, and the rest of her body was slightly grimy from her encounter with Elliot and being on the ground from almost dying.

I growled softly at that thought.

Sydney's eyebrow cocked up, curious to my little outburst.

"Sorry, it's nothing," I told her, hoping to quench her wonder. "But here's the bathroom. Do you need another thing of clothes?" I asked her looking her over.

She glanced down at herself briefly, but then took a double-take. "Whose clothes are these!?" She asked looking wide-eyed.

"My sister's and mine. Your other clothes were a little messy from your little adventure today." I answered.

"Wha-Nevermind. I'm just going to leave it. But, yes please, and are there towels in there I can use?" She asked.

Walking into my deluxe bathroom I gathered her a plush white towel and a washcloth setting them beside the sink.

"There you go," I gestured.

She and I stood in the large bathroom and stared at each other.

Her eyes flickered around as she stared into mine as if searching. I stared at her in wonder. She seemed very mysterious. Like a puzzle, I didn't have the picture to.

At school, she was both genuinely smart while being smartass with some, other times she could be sugary sweet till coming to her senses and reminding herself to be on the defense, but here she was quiet and observant. She just seemed, different.

Sydney broke the eye contact and cleared her throat.

"Oh, yeah. I'm gonna go find that um..."

"Phone charger?" Sydney asked amused by my loss for thoughts.

"Yeah. Yeah, the phone charger." I retreated from the bathroom to prevent myself from looking like a bigger idiot.

Come on Jay! You're usually smooth with the ladies, right now you're acting like a complete dumb ass.

Well, she is our mate, so I can see why you are acting like a dumb ass.

Oh, and why is that Mr. Know-it-all? I asked back.

Because you are afraid of her not liking us, more accurately the human part.

I remained dead silent. My wolf was right.

"Don't forget to get me new clothes please!" Sydney called.

I nodded even though she couldn't see me and disappeared out of the room into the house on a search.

☽✣☾

Sydney

After Jaycen left the bathroom I shut the door, locked it, then started the shower. Steam almost immediately started to flood the massive bathroom.

I dropped all of my clothing letting them create a pile on the floor around my feet.

Whipping the steamed mirror so I could see my reflection I did not expect to see two faces.

Logan's face appeared over my shoulder with beady red eyes gazing into mine through the reflection. His fangs bared and extended to the fullest. He looked more sinister than when he was in the dream.

My heart shook in panic while my body locked up in fear. I could hear the blood running to my head.

My extra presence inside my head was also alarmed.

I spun around, prepared to let out a scream only to find no one there.

I let out a shaky breath.

W-was, he really there? I asked the voice.

She was quiet for a moment then answered. N-no. I don't think so.

You don't think so?

Where would he have hidden Sydney? It's been a long night. We are still settling into each other.

Glancing around the room I saw three hiding places other than the turned on shower. The bathtub, behind that little wall that hides the toilet, or the closet...

Not waiting for an answer I walked to the tub. Peering behind the curtain I found no one. Next was the closet. I stooped before the double doors, my shaky hands found their way to the knobs.

C'mon Syd there's no way he could fit in there. He's huge! The voice tried advising me.

Right as I went to open the door there was a knock on the bathroom door.

I leaped back and scream.

"Sydney!" Jaycen yelled banging on the door.

My heart still pounding, I grabbed a towel and walked to the door after I wrapped it about me.

Jaycen's petrified face came into view and he threw his arms around me.

"Sydney are you alright?"

I merely nodded, too shaky to make words form from my mouth.

"What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost?" Jaycen asked.

"I-I thought I saw Logan in the mirror," I whispered.

"Who's Logan!?" Jaycen demanded.

"W-when I was unconscious I had this weird d-dream. He was there. Before the dr-dream ended he said to tell you that he says hi."

Jaycen nodded and placed me behind him.

He went into the bathroom and finished checking the place. He checked behind the half wall by the toilet and in the closet. He even checked the shower.

Jaycen turned back to me when the inspection was done.

"Nobody's here. Syd. You probably just spooked yourself. With everything that's going on, I just think the stress was getting to you."

Like I said. It was just our imagination getting the best of us.

"O-okay. Thank you. I'm gonna take that shower now." I said.

He watched me for a moment more before nodding.

"I'll be right outside if you need anything. Oh, here's some clothes you can sleep in." He handed me a pair of his sisters sleeping boxer shorts and a shirt of his.

After whispering a thanks to him, I went back into the bathroom. I set the little pile of clothes on the little table in there. I went to drop my towel, but the mirror caught my eye. A message was written in the steam of the mirror by a finger.

'I look forward to seeing you again though Love.'

Moments later the message disappeared into the hot steam.

☽✣☾

EDITED JUNE 19 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 11.3K 76
[COMPLETE] Kyra's life as a human is over. Bitten and riddled with strange symptoms, she has been ripped from the only life she's ever known and thro...
44.3K 1.1K 35
Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of the most popular people in school, but sen...
1.1M 36.8K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
355 43 32
WARNING THERE ARE CURSE WORDS AND LOTS OF THEM TO SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ CURSE WORDS THEN STOP READING THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW AND GO FIND SOMETHIN...