Handcuffed to Zander

By Slave2gravity

I found myself staring at the plain white ceiling again. My thoughts overtaking me with worry, anger, and sad... More

Handcuffed to Zander

8.9K 361 116
By Slave2gravity

Chapter 14: Oh Baby!

Song Chapter : Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots

Aria Evans

"So, is it just me or does Ari have a handcuffed hand?"

I was back at the lunch table where only the twins were left and no Dylan insight. Which was odd, he always spent the whole lunch with us.

"Yeah, why is that Ari?"

I shook my head as I glanced around, not really paying attention to what the twins were saying. My thoughts were consumed with Dylan and his whereabouts. Especially after the conversation Zander and I had out there.

"Not important right now, where's Dylan?"

Derek shrugged his shoulder, his attention still on my handcuffed hand for a second longer before he looked up, confusion held on his face.

"He said something about having to finish a project or something before the bell rings."

"Speaking of the bell."

At that moment the bell rang, signaling the return of classes we had to attend to finish off the day. The twins and I grabbed our trash and exchanged our goodbyes, since I had to head to my locker. And on the way there I thought about the reasons why Dylan would have a project on the first day back at school.

I shrugged it off and quickly exchanged my books and notebooks for others in my locker, shutting it quickly and running off to class. They had changed my third period to a child development class, which I had no idea what the heck that class insist of, or who was in it. I grumbled under my breath about how I was going to be a loner as I stepped in the class, looking down as I sat in a empty seat near the front. I didn't really do well with eye contact.

"Hey, Ari!"

"Ari!"

My face turned at the mention of my name, seeing both twins sitting next to each other near the back, smiles etched on both their faces. I smiled in relief, seeing that I actually knew someone in this class and that I wouldn't be alone.

"Hey guys, why didn't you tell me you two had this class?"

"We tried."

"Huh?"

"But you had to go talk to Zander."

I frowned in realization, remembering how I asked what class they had next before being interrupted by Zander.

"What about me?"

Fudge.

"You have this class?"

"They changed my third."

"Same."

Zander shrugged his shoulder as he sat in the seat next to me. my eyes went wide.

"What are you doing?"

He drew his attention from a notebook he had put on his desk and rolled his eyes, grabbing a pen from behind his ear as he twirled it around his fingers with no effort, sitting back in his chair with a full on smirk on his face.

I wanted to smack that pen from his hand, grab it and maybe shove it up his b-

"Sitting."

"Yeah, I see that. Why here?"

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because?"

My mind went blank, as I tried to think of a reason. I began to feel aggravated as I sighed and looked forward, grumbling about how he was a pain in my butt. After a moment I heard a chuckle an I snapped, turning to face the annoying boy next to me.

"You know just because we were handcuffed to each other and practically still are doesn't mean we're friends. Right?"

"I'm very aware of that."

"Then?"

"Then?"

I sighed, gesturing my hands, probably looking like a stupid, horrible mime, until I all together gave up and got to the point.

"Why are you bothering me?"

He stared, he literally just stared. Now normally I would automatically look away because just the thought of eye contact scared the freak out of me. But today I must of been feeling daring because I stared right back.

And that was the first time I ever had a staring contest with anybody.

Few seconds in, my eyes watered as I tried to hold on longer, this was difficult. I felt a sneeze coming up as I blinked and sneezed into loser town.

"I won!"

Zander's big smile came into view as he happily sat back in his chair, gleaming at me in accomplishment.

I huffed in annoyance as I heard snickers behind me. Well that was a disappointment.

After a few minuets of hearing the twin's snickers and Zander's pencil tapping against the wooden table, sending aggravation once again to my body, the teacher walked in, a bored expression on his face.

I feel you man.

"Good afternoon."

As the class chorused obnoxious and rude greetings, he ignored them all, writing his name on the board and turning back around to face us.

He looks like he rather be anywhere else but here.

I haven't related so much to one of my teachers as I was, right at this moment.

"During the break, the school's district decided to add a Child Development Class seeing as all you idiots are either having babies now or carrying STDs, which leads me to my lesson."

He turned back around scribbling something on the board, muttering gibberish to himself as he did so. After he was done he faced the class and I found myself choking on my saliva.

Don't have sex, you'll turn up pregnant and then die.

The class erupted in hysterics and I couldn't stop chocking. Zander had to slap my back a couple of times before I was breathing back to normal.

I'm loving this class already.

"Alright, settle down!"

The class surprisingly calmed down, wanting to see what the teacher had to say.

"First things first, I am Mr.Martinez, I'll be your teacher for the rest of the semester."

He took the time to write his name on the board, each student studying his every move.

"Throughout the course of this class there will be one and only one project to pass."

My smile grew as my love for this class increased. Projects were my favorite thing about school, they were easily fun.

"I can't be bother to assign you partners, so I'm going to make this easier on me and just say the person sitting next to you is your partner, if you have a problem, deal with it, it's just one semester."

My heart sank and my smile faltered. I will not be partners with Zander Bue, I can't!

Zander turned towards me, his smirk bigger than ever as he studied my discomfort.

"I guess we're partners, partner."

I hate this class.

I scowled forward, arms crossed, ignoring the arrogant boy next to me. I rather eat a cactus than be his partner.

My sour mood decreased as I heard cries of a baby, murmurs of the class getting louder.

Oh my god.

No.

No.

No!

Mr. Martinez shushed the plastic, fake baby with a plastic bottle, rocking it back and fourth in his arms.

My arms filled with goosebumps as he sat it back down in a box filled with many of them. Plastic dolls give me the creeps, I might die.

"This will be your project. You and your partner will receive one with all the necessaries that the baby will need. Bring your baby back in perfect condition by the end of the semester and you'll pass."

As the bell rang, my heart sank with it. Students and their partners meeting Mr. Martinez at the door, receiving their babies.

And once it was our turn, Mr. Martinez placed a baby boy in my arms, patting him lightly on the head as he smiled at us, me glaring in return.

We walked out together and stood there, staring at our baby.

"Here, let me take him with me today, you look pale."

Zander took the baby out of my arms, along with the babies bag, a light blue baby bag with a yellow duck in the middle.

I smiled in gratitude, slightly wary of his generous offer.

"Thanks, I'll meet you at the library after school and we'll talk about all of this."

I gestured towards us and then the baby in his arms. I then smiled and waved, turning in the other direction to head to my last class of the day.

"Aria!"

I stopped my journey and faced a smirking Zander, my eyes narrowing.

"It's cute when you get angry."

My stomach swarmed with unexplained feelings as my cheeks burned red.

"What?"

"That's why I bother you."

And just like that he left, and I was confused with a swarm of feelings once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 6.8K 100
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
34.3K 1.6K 33
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
76.5K 3.8K 51
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€แ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€”แ€พแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€แ€Šแ€ทแ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€พแ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€กแ€œแ€พแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€กแ€•แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€›แ€ฌแ€€ แ€™แ€ญแ€˜แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€กแ€แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€กแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€บแ€…แ€ฎแ€…แ€‰แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€™แ€พแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€แ€…แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซ...
432K 40.2K 33
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...