An Omega Novel: Fang (Book 1)

By fictionowl

(Version to be removed from Wattpad; currently being rewritten). Fang Peak is no ordinary omega. Born with a... More

Twins
Trouble Makers
Brave
Getting Out of Trouble
Things Begin to Change
No Ordinary Sub
Fall Out Boys
Mama Alpha to the Rescue
Dominant versus Sub
First Day of School
Big Brothers
A Day With Noah
Jet Ridge
Bad Influence
The Academy
Dominants on Sub Campus
Sign the Petition
I Don't Like Dominants
Can We Go Home
Home Sweet Home
The Dominant Sub (Part 1)
The Dominant Sub (Part 2)
A Pleasant Surprise
One-Sided Affection
Complicated
Wisdom of the Alpha
Pull of the Mating Bond
A Special Day for Someone Special
Breaking the News
Rejection
Getting Over Heartbreak
Trouble
The New Motive
Going Home
Suitor...
The Omega
Lashing Out
Rogue
Alpha Rogue
Little Rebel Wolf
Blast From the Past
It Takes Heart
Trouble In the Valley (Part 1)
Trouble In the Valley (Part 2)
Repercussions
Progress
Mates
United; We Stand
Epilogue

Caught in the Act

29.9K 1.4K 337
By fictionowl

16 years old

The first winter clouds were already rolling in setting darkness across the sky and the last of the autumn leaves had already fallen. The orange and red leaves littered the ground of the Roxborough Academy and if that wasn't bad enough, the ground was moist. The air was chilled and a cold wisp of wind blew lightly taking up two fallen autumn leaves with it.

Fang tugged at his collar pulling it higher in an attempt to keep himself warm. Rubbing his hands together, he blew onto them hoping to capture some warmth that his body provided. Looking up at the sky, he wasn't surprised to find the first snowflakes of winter fluttering down softly. A single snowflake landed on the tip of his nose drawing a sneeze from him.

Wiping it away with the back of his cold hands, he surveyed the soccer field. Within a few days, the soccer field would be covered in snow inches deep and they'd have to cancel practice until they deemed it safe enough.

Even though most of the members of the sub division soccer team consisted of subs like him; they weren't very fond of practice in the winter. It drained their bodies and even in werewolf and wolf form, their pelt wasn't thick enough to block out most of the cold. It was perhaps, one of the many downsides to being an omega. Everything about them was weaker than the average dominant werewolf and because of it; many of the team's players had fallen sick during the winter when they tried practice before. It was why Fang had cancelled practice on the field. He didn't want his boys falling sick again.

He'd already asked the Roxborough alpha permission to use the gymnasium as a temporary soccer field. It was a recent addition to the sub campus and had been completed halfway through the last school year. It was built as a result of increasing numbers of subs showing interest in sports and physical education. As of this new academic school year, physical education was added to the curriculum as a compulsory subject for the first three years after which; students are then given the option to further studies in the field. There was both the theory and practical.

The turf was already become dewier by the minute and so to avoid falling sick from being exposed to the coldness of winter for too long, Fang headed back into the building. Walking along a corridor, the turned the corner intending to head straight for the cafeteria. He was in the mood for a snack or maybe a medium-rare beef burger. He'd decide when he got there.

He stopped suddenly when he spotted his mate talking with a sub a year group after them. Jet caught sight of the black haired sub and a smirk made its way onto his face. While he loved Fang as was proved over the summer and the past few weeks they'd been back at school; he couldn't help but tease and make the sub jealous.

He'd been talking about random things with the bleach blond sub and decided to take things up a notch. It always turned him on whenever Fang got jealous and the more jealous Fang got, the stronger the urge came to break the rules and finally make the black haired sub his forever. He just had to exercise patience. In approximately a year and a half, Fang would be his.

Anger and jealousy flared within him when he saw Jet blatantly flirting with the other sub. While he knew Jet was on kicks, it still hurt a lot...especially since the bastard still flirted with Amanda to piss him off. Honestly; Fang thought Jet would have cut all communications with her or at least tell her about them after they got back but he did nothing.

It was starting to tic the black haired sub off and he was beginning to question Jet's loyalty. As he approached, an idea sprang into his mind.

He should flirt with another dominant or a really attractive human male to get back at Jet. Recompense for the immense jealousy and anger he felt. He wanted the dominant...that was drop dead gorgeous to get a dose of his own medicine.

"Am I interrupting something?" the black haired sub asked sarcasm dripping from each syllable as he came to stand next to the pair. The blond haired boy looked to Fang with fear clouding his vision as he took in the soccer captain's blank expression.

Every sub on the sub campus and every dominant on the dominant campus knew exactly who Fang Peak was. He'd made quite the reputation for himself and on many occasions, has been mistaken for a dominant. Plus, it was no secret that the black haired sub had found his mate and who his mate was. Most, if not all the subs at the academy knew well not to mess with Fang Peak.

Two weeks ago, Jesse had found his mate who turned out to be Jackson. Apparently Jackson had made some enemies at the academy and one of them tried to get back at him by using Jesse. The dominant had cornered Jesse when they went on a school field trip but what he didn't know was that the black haired sub was close by. Fang had lost it and damned near rearranged the dominant's face.

Ever since then, every sub tried their best not to test Fang in the slightest. If Fang was capable of doing that to a dominant and a future beta at that; what would he be able to do to a sub?

"Oh hey babe. We were just talking." Jet replied a winning smirk plastered on his face. Fang looked to the blond haired boy who stood a good few inches shorter than him. The boy seemed to shrink away as if trying to hide away from Fang's penetrating green eyes. The black haired sub recognized the boy. Yes, he was a year younger than them and in a different year group but he was also the son of a beta from some city pack. He'd heard about this boy. He was spoilt and pampered and got everything he asked for. Many subs disliked him for it and his ability to win over everyone with just one smile yet that wasn't what disgusted the black haired sub most.

It was his submissive behaviour. He'd prided himself on teaching others being submissive wasn't all there was to life. He'd hoped that others would adopt his methods but then again; not everyone had the backbone to defy authority. And clearly; this bleach blond sub didn't have it in him to stop acting submissive for one second. He'd seen him around campus and even with other subs, he was always blushing.

"Anything I can comment about?" Fang asked his eyes finally leaving the bleach blond sub.

"Nope." Jet replied popping the 'p' just to annoy his mate. And it did work because Fang scowled at him distastefully.

"Like I really care." The black haired sub retorted coldly before glancing back to the blond haired boy and raking his mate with a menacing glare and walking off toward the cafeteria.

He didn't want to come off as an ass but he was growing tired of Jet's behaviour. What, was he twelve? If Jet wanted to play that game, then Fang would play it too. He never walked away from a challenge.

Jet stared perplexed as he watched his mate make a retreat and head in the direction of the cafeteria. While he knew Fang got jealous and was growing irritated with his games, he'd never been given such a cold reply. Fang's comment was as cold as the weather and it honestly scared Jet.

Was he pushing it too far? Or had he already done so?

**********

Jet was so going down. He'd had enough and regardless of the consequences of his actions; he'll get through it. It was one thing that as some form of leader he tried to teach people. Whatever you do, make sure you can handle the repercussions for your actions.

The dominant who was supposedly supposed to be his mate was back at it again. He was flirting it up with Amanda at the food court in the mall. Decked out in a white skin tight tank top and skin tight black jeans with rips here and there; she had her well manicured left hand on Jet's chest. Fang sat at the fountain his feet planted firmly on the ground. His elbows rested on his thighs and his hands clasped as he looked at the pair. Jet smirked causing Fang to glare.

So much for being mates. He was sick of Jet and his games. He'd rather they go back to being friends when things weren't so messy and complicated.

Having watched more than he wanted, he got up and walked off in the opposite direction in pursuit of a human male who rivalled Jet's god-like perfection. Hopefully when the dominant came to find him; he'd see Fang flirting and finally get a taste of his own medicine.

He was so sick of Jet and his stupid games, he felt physically sick. How did he get stuck with such a jackass as his mate?

**********

Jet pushed his way through the crowd pushing down a skinny boy with brown hair as he did so. Amanda hurried after him hot on his heels although he'd told her he was leaving. She didn't quite believe him especially with the speed he left; she had a bad feeling and wanted to make sure he was alright.

Jet paid her no mind as he searched the crowd trying to find Fang. He didn't exactly like the way Fang looked at him before he left the fountain and disappeared to only God knows where. He only hoped that Fang wasn't doing anything stupid. If anything; he hoped he was with Felix and his mate. Felix had found his mate about a week and a half ago.

She was beautiful with black hair that fell to her waist; caramel eyes and tanned skin. Bianca was an alpha's daughter of a very powerful, influential city pack. She was the eldest of three children; her brother was runner up for beta and she was runner up for alpha. She was good for Felix and kept the dominant in his place.

Plus, she'd grown fond of Fang in the week and a half and already loved him like a brother.

Jet's eyes landed on Felix and he saw that Bianca was with him but he saw no trace of Fang. Walking again with Amanda still hot on his heels; he rounded the corner and found Fang standing next to a shop window way too close to another guy for his liking. The guy was clearly human; about their age if not a year or two older and he wasn't even that good-looking...okay, maybe he was more than good-looking.

Still...

Storming over, Jet stopped dead in his tracks his heart shredding into a million little pieces when he heard the conversation. They were flirting...blatantly...and Fang had denied him. The guy had asked Fang if he was seeing anyone; if he had a boyfriend and Fang told him no.

Anger consuming him completely; he walked toward the pair and angrily gripped Fang by the arm. The other guy caught off guard by the sudden intrusion, protested trying to help Fang free his arm.

"Stay out of this human!" Jet seethed roughly pushing the boy back and dragging Fang along behind him. Amanda followed as well as Fang walked with Jet without protest.

Felix looked to his mate who was tugging at his arm. He followed to where she was pointing to see Jet dragging Fang out of the mall by the arm. It looked cruel, abusive and derogatory while Amanda trailed behind them. Anger flaring through the dominant, he stormed off in the direction of the trio intent on finding out why Jet would dare treat his twin like that. Bianca ran after Felix.

The pair followed after them to outside the mall and then to a secluded area where hardly anyone ever walked. Felix's anger tripled when he saw Jet roughly bring Fang around to stand in front of him and jammed him up against a wall.

"What the hell?" Felix yelled storming over and pushing Jet back. He stood between the dominant and the sub intent on protecting his twin brother.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Felix asked anger pouring out of his every pore.

"Maybe you should ask him what was that I just saw." Jet spat pointing to Fang who wore a proud smirk on his face as if he were relishing in Jet's anger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 11.3K 11
On his first moon, Aden shifts into a stunning white wolf with red marking, the sign of a perfect sub, the dream of any dominant male. To him, it's a...
332K 8.6K 24
Benjamin is found in the forest while it's raining, cold and weak. A werewolf Alpha comes across him while patrolling the land and immediately knows...
61.8K 2.5K 35
Edward's biggest dream in his life is to make julian knows his place as a omega in this world. The only thing that stops him from his way with the o...
7.2K 547 35
Nathan is a poor Alpha who grew up in the slums and was only allowed to attend the prestigious Rosemary Hall boarding school due to a stranger's kind...