Never Going To Be You (A Sequ...

By KirstieH

Rule number 1. Never fall for a guy who is a player. That was Samantha Steven's number one rule. She was alwa... More

Never Going To Be You (A Sequel To SLY)
Chapter One- Nothing Is The Same
Chapter Two- Rules & Games
Chapter Three- Not Going To Happen
Chapter Four- The Quiz Off
Chapter Five- The Worst Date Of Your Life?
Chapter Six- That Almost Kiss
Chapter Seven- Good Morning Mr. Asshole
Chapter Eight- Partners In Crime
Chapter Nine- Lure And Capture
Chapter Ten- The Devil Is Back
Chapter Twelve - Not Her
Chapter Thirteen - Game Master
Chapter Fourteen- The Thrill Of It
Chapter Fifteen- I'm Not Yours
Chapter Sixteen- It's Worse On The Other Side
Chapter Seventeen- Mischievous Acts
Chapter Eighteen- Flashbacks
Chapter Nineteen- Please Don't Break Me, Mr Player
Chapter Twenty- No Strings Attached
Chapter Twenty- One- The Two Of Us
Chapter Twenty-Two- Things Get Steamy
Chapter Twenty- Three- Pregnancy Scare
Chapter Twenty Four- It's Over
Chapter Twenty- Five- The Bachelor
Chapter Twenty- Six- Heartbreak
Chapter Twenty- Seven- Everything Goes South

Chapter Eleven- Calling 911 For Some Serious Help

4.8K 86 4
By KirstieH

CHAPTER ELEVEN- 

It was the look in Mel’s eye that formed a memory. One that I didn’t want to remember.

I stayed where I was completely frozen as people shifted in the crowd. I squeezed the red cup in my hand till it broke and it’s continents started to pour out. I gave a low sigh and walked over to the bins before I grabbed a napkin.

I hate being young. I hate this transformation into high school. Why was this small stupid party meant to help us find our way?

I knew exactly what it was. A way to help us find our own cliques and stay to them. Looking around the room I already noticed the girls with long glossy hair forming a group and the girls with glasses and braces forming their own. Of course it was obvious that the guys were also finding their own, from the sporty type to the stick figures.

 I hate high school. Already I have no idea where I fit in. 

I pored myself another drink of punch and watched as teachers scanned the gym, grinning like fools. You should all know that this isn’t helping our lives but making it worse. I tucked my short red hair behind my ear and sipped my drink.

Please. Just get me out of here.

A guy suddenly bumped into me. He was cute looking. Bright blue eyes and the potential to be a real hot. He stared at me for a couple seconds; the guy beside him was also cute looking. I didn’t have to guess to know what group they were in.

“Sorry.” Blue Eyes muttered. “I didn’t see you there.”

“No one ever does.” Why did I just say that?

Blue Eyes frowned the same time that his friend cleared his throat uncomfortably. “You hate this?”

I opened my mouth to answer but Blue Eyes talked before me. “Who doesn’t? You don’t know where you’re meant to go?”

I stared over his head as my eyes scanned the room. “I feel like if I choose someone to talk to then it’s a permanent thing. That I’ve chosen for the next four years who I’m meant to be.” I looked him in the eye.  “But I don’t know who I am.”

He smiled a nice row of straight teeth. I knew then that that smile would break a lot of hearts. “I know what you mean.”

His friend beside him gave a cocky smile. “You could always talk to that dork.” He pointed across the room at a girl with greasy brown hair, braces and glasses. “She looks like she needs a friend. You guys have that in common.”

“Caleb.” Blue eyes snapped. “Come on man. Don’t be mean.”

Caleb gave a shrug and walked away with the same smile. I watched as a blonde grabbed him and shamelessly started to flirt with him.

“Well.” I looked uncomfortably at Blue Eyes. “Looks like your friend just classified me in a group. Apparently I’m a dork with no friends.” I swallowed hard at my tightened throat. “Thanks for-” I paused. “I don’t know.”

Blue Eyes looked like he was about to apologise. “Talking to you and understanding?” He shrugged. “I’ve got a feeling that I’m about to hate these next couple of years as much as you. Everyone judges people on their looks and automatically classifies them in groups. I hate it already.”

“That’s high school.” I shrugged.

He smiled. “If you want a friend or someone to talk to-”

“No offence but it already looks like you’ve chosen- or people around you have chosen what group you’re classified in.” I stared him in the eye as I noticed a darker twinge of blue in them. “I’m sure that you’ll be getting the girls. You don’t need to be talking to a so-called geek like me, wrecking you’re reputation.”

I turned away before Blue Eyes could answer; he wore a shocked face as I quickly sprinted away. I wasn’t looking where I was going, which was stupid. I was too busy staring at the floor and trying not to make eye contact.

Maybe that’s why they didn’t choose me. I’m too shy.

I ran into a girl, or at least I was sure it was a girl. The person wore dark pants and a dark top that hid all their features though when It… looked up from the floor, I realised I was right.

The girl that Caleb had pointed out. My so-called new friend with dark hair, braces and glasses. She pressed her glasses closer to her face and stood up.

“Sorry.” She muttered. “I wasn’t looking where I was going.”

“No it was my fault. I just wanted to get out here.”

The girl gave a snort. “Doesn’t everyone?”

“Everyone but the blonde in there ordering people into their groups.” I gave an annoyed sound. “I’ve got a feeling that I’m really not going to like her.”

She gave a small smile. “I think her names Mel.”

I rolled my eyes at the name. “Even her name sounds bitchy. I hope that someone stands up against her.”

The girl shrugged. “Something tells me that she’s the princess type who doesn’t like things taken away from her.”

I nodded numbly. “Rich bitch. Note to self. Never piss her off.”

The girl gave another snort. “I think that that was a given when you first see her. Her whole outfit is puked with pink and expensiveness. It’s disgusting. I just want to pull out those fake extensions and watch them burn.”

This time I laughed. The girl stared at me with a note of surprise before she started to smile. “What’s your name?” I asked.

“Alley Sanders.” She responded. “You?”

“Samantha Stevens but you can call me Sam.” Her smile automatically widened at that. I smiled back and started to walk away.

 When I made it to the entrance, I realised that that smile was still on my lips. Maybe I did just make a friend.

But Caleb’s statement annoyed me. ‘She looks like she needs a friend. You guys have that in common.’

What was it about Alley and myself that made him say that? The fact that we had both been standing alone? What was wrong with that?

Scratch that. What was wrong with the world to automatically classify a person in less then a second of seeing them without even knowing them?

I apparently belonged to the loner group. Not quite geeky… but friendless. That’s just the way it’s been all my life.

Blue Eyes stood at the entrance of the school, the music thumped loudly behind me as I watched him warily. A reminder that Blue Eyes should be fitting in with his own group inside?

“Hey.” He gave a smile. “I’ve been looking for you. I thought maybe you left.” I didn’t say anything but openly stared. He cleared his throat. “My names Tyler... I didn’t mention that before did I?” I didn’t answer. “Your name?”

I swallowed. “Sam.”

He gave a nod. “You should know that I don’t have a reputation…” His voice trailed off. “There have never been girls going after me. You don’t need to worry about wrecking my reputation because I don’t have one and even if I did… I wouldn’t stop talking to someone because of who they hang out with.”

I frowned. “Are you sure? High school changes people.” I shrugged. “You’ll have girls going after you, don’t worry about that.”

 “I will?” 

I laughed at his clueless look. “Yeah you will. Girls will think that you’re… hot.”

His eyes bored into mine before he started to smile. “Do you think I’m hot?”

I was suddenly very aware of how close together we were talking. I gave a nod. “Yeah I do.”

He took a step closer. “Is this the part where I kiss you?”

My cheeks started to heat and my throat became dry. “I-I don’t know. ” Why did I just stutter? “I’ve never been kissed.”

Why did I just say that?! “Me neither.”

The blush deepened as he suddenly leaned forward. I squeezed my eyes shut and his lips met mine.

“Tyler!” We instantly jumped apart. My heart hammered inside my chest as I stared at a blonde.

What was her name? Mel? She glared. “Come inside Tyler, now.” I watched with disbelief as Tyler gave me an apologetic smile and started to walk away. Half way there, I watched as his friend Caleb- sling his arm around his shoulder and shout. “Who’s the girl Tyler?!”

Tyler didn’t look back. “She’s no one.” He answered. “And it’s Blake. I hate Tyler.” I watched the door shut with a large bang, my eyes started stinging with sudden tears. What just happened?

Click. Click. Click. My eyes shifted towards the blonde. The glare was etched into her features. “I’m watching you.” She snapped in a cold voice.

“What’s going on here?” Mel’s voice shattered me to the present. I stared at her with a faint sense of shock. Melanie Casio. My worst enemy… my only enemy.

“Nothing.” I chocked. My eyes shifted to Blake’s which were sparking as a grin formed on his lips. He was loving this.

He wanted to make her jealous.

“Oh really?” Mel flipped her long blonde hair. “Like I believe you little bitch. What are you doing here? Stealing my boyfriend? What is this, a thing that you and your stupid best friend like doing? Is this some kind of hobby for you?” She stepped forward. That glare became menacing.

I suddenly realised why that look was so familiar. It was the same look she gave me in the past after she found me with Blake. It was the ‘I’m watching you. Because I’m jealous’ look. Oh dear god. Does it look like I want to be staring a fight with Mel? I didn’t want to repeat the past.

You see last year… Mel had been Caleb’s girlfriend. Alley had grown sort of close to Caleb and Mel had became jealous. Therefore trying to get Alley out of the picture by messing with us the whole year and doing some devilish stuff just to keep them apart. Anyway, the whole thing didn’t work and Caleb ended it with her after he realised how much of a bitch she was.

Difference between Caleb and Blake was that Blake knew exactly who Mel was and enjoyed her company. The term 'messed up' didn’t even seem to cover it.

My cheeks flamed. “I’m not interested in your boy toy.”

She raised a perfectly waxed eyebrow. “Really? That’s not what it looked like to me.” She took another step towards me. “I’ll tell you what Sam, I’ll give you ten seconds to get the hell out of here before I make your life actually hell.”

My heart was beating so fast that it hurt. Sure, Alley had ended up getting Mel expelled and wrecking her life… but I wasn’t as fearless as her. This girl had always scared the crap out of me.

She meant every word.

I swallowed and turned around, though her next words made me freeze. “Tell Alley that I say hi.”

I didn’t have to turn around to know that she was smirking. From the corner of my eye, I saw the same smile on Blake’s face.

Why wasn’t he saying anything?! Sticking up for me?!

WHAT. WHY WOULD I THINK THAT HE’S GOING TO STICK UP FOR ME?

HE’S A DICK AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

I practically sprinted out of the house and slammed the door close. Tears were forming in my eyes. WHY?!  WHY DO I CARE?!!

Without even making it to my car, I already knew where I was going- straight to Alleys.

I need to tell her everything.

Clearly there is something very wrong with me if I’ve almost kissed Tyler Blake two times.

I need some serious help.

__________________________________________________________

I'm hoping that that chapter was longer then my previous ones ahha sorry for the all the short chapters!

hope you enjoyed this one. Gave a little insight to the past I think :P xoxox

-vote & comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4M 206K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
20.6K 96 17
naughty girl with naughty professor. story is kind of new and interesting. read it to enjoy it!
135K 765 24
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
17M 653K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...